AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Old 2013-04-30, 10:21   Link #41
TinyRedLeaf
On indefinite hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
People are way too liberal with the spoilers in this thread.
You have (not) been forewarnedtm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Guys, let's not get carried away and forget that this is a suggestion thread. It's not meant for us to debate over the relative merits of each version of the Evangelion franchise. miroku2192 simply wanted to know which order to watch the various shows, whether it is important to watch every available version and whether the different storylines are connected.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 10:47   Link #42
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I think it's time for me to stop reading some of the posts here until after I finish the series in the upcoming weeks.

Read a few things I'd rather have left unknown regarding the endings. But oh well, shit is bound to happen when i wait so many years to watch what is deemed a classic.

Anyway, I'm not going to go thank every single individual again, so I'm just going to lump it all together and say Thank You once again for all the advice regarding viewing order. I look forward to seeing this and sharing my thoughts afterwards.

Best,
Miroku
Old 2013-04-30, 11:07   Link #43
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The only thing that was bad about the biblical mysticism's references was the fandom that wanted to think there was a deeper meaning about them.
You get that kind of stuff everywhere, that's like saying that it is bad for Star Driver to make references to phoenician letters and "the little prince". That's simply stuff that is meant to add flavor, it was never meant to be anything more than that, and it's never been something bad as it isn't now.
I would go off on Star Driver for that, though arguably for different reasons.

I mean sure, it's fine to put in stuff to be cool, but it would really seem they tried a bit too hard to accomplish that. That being said, even though though people overvalue the importance of it, this reaction was really not too unexpected and it did obscure the better points of the show. It's not unique to the series. For example, I thought that Psycho Pass used philosophical references that were way above its head. It was mostly for coolness there, but that doesn't mean I wasn't eye rolling a few times. I still have great respect for the storytelling in both animu, but it definitely gets in the way.

And I guess we're done here and half these posts need to be moved to the Evangelion thread, wherever the hell it is.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 22:05   Link #44
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
point to where I was attacking people for liking things I don't like.

You can't because I didn't.

It's perfectly okay to like something that's flawed. There are plenty of things I totally love and know they're flawed and admit to the flaws. It's another thing entirely to pretend like something has no flaws and try to sell it to someone based on hiding those flaws.

Anyway I'm not going to continue this argument because it's off-topic and counterproductive to the OP's original question. My advice still stands on watching Rebuild only if you're that determined to watch Eva.