AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-18, 18:26   Link #1
GundamWind

Exclamation Hacked through Bit Torrent

I beleive that is is through bittorrent that My computer got hacked. My Windows folder was scanned, compressed and mailed while my computer was running in the background. I have logs leftover is anyone wants to see. Is there a way to be more secure with Bit Torrent, like how to spoof or hide your actual IP?
GundamWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 18:35   Link #2
SirJeannot
AT Field

i would blame it on internet explorer on such rather than on bt. since bt is nothing else than some kind of specialized simple browser that can't run any script
Old 2004-04-18, 19:01   Link #3
GundamWind

I wasen't using IE, I used Mozilla Firebird, and Azureus java client. I think it was Azureus to be more specific.
Old 2004-04-18, 19:05   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

If you're using windows...make sure to update it...cause just recently there have been a few critical updates for such things as that...

and Mozilla Firebird might be more secure then IE but it still doesn't mean it's impenetrable...you might of gotten some kind of virus/spyware installed on your comp w/o you even knowing...

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 19:15   Link #5
GundamWind

that is true, but I have Mcafee firewall, spybot, adaware, tds3 and ect. But I do believe somthing just slipped in under the radar and fscked everthing up
Old 2004-04-19, 12:37   Link #6
Nevion
/dev/random

um... azureus is java. Java isn't full proof but VERY hard to 'hack' because it has so much builtin protection. I'm not saying it couldn't be done but I would look else where for the cause... namely something that was built in c/c++ as it is usually alot easier to do a buffer overflow/execute scripts/blah blah with them if they wern't using 'secure programming techniques' etc...
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 23:30   Link #7
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Because BitTorrent uses so many connections I doubt it is possible to hide your IP while allowing you to maintain that many connections at the same time. Furthermore it is quite unlikely that you were hacked through BT. Like Superchop said, Windows could be the problem. Do your logs say the attacker was one of the IPs that connected to you on BT?
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote