AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-26, 21:26   Link #1
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Bad guy wins

I want to see an anime, or manga where at the end, the bad guy wins a gets away with everything.

Got any ideas? (not code geass, already saw that.)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 22:04   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Definitely Berserk. No words are adequate for me to describe the last episode, though to be fair, the manga was still running when the anime ended.

Also, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Chrono Crusade,Higurashi and Wolf's Rain (to a certain extent).
__________________
A politically ignorant person who embraces only hedonism as the main philosophical doctrine.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 22:30   Link #3
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Shakugan no Shana and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Spoiler for Shana:


Spoiler for Rayearth:
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
(Absolute Duo, Seirei Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil still under consideration).


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:01   Link #4
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Seconding Shana.

Also Fate/Zero
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 05:28   Link #5
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Going with Shana, Higurashi, and Fate/Zero

Spoiler for Higurashi:
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:06   Link #6
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Speed Grapher
Gundam 0083
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:19   Link #7
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Devilman
The original manga by Go Nagai. It's a bit old and the art might be a turn off for you, but it's a great classic.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:02   Link #8
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Berserk
Fate/Zero
Ga-Rei Zero
Mirai Nikki
- not exactly but ending is not very positive for MC.
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Wolf's Rain
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 22:09   Link #9
Siphine
The Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
C: Control and Power
Spoiler for C::
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 00:44   Link #10
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
C: Control and Power
Spoiler for C::
awesome, I never knew shakugan no shana had the bad guy wins ending, I was really annoyed with that tsundere crap that after about 6-7 episodes I couldn't watch anymore.


but now Ill finish it haha.

Ill try out rayearth too

C got annoying to me and I never finished it (it just felt too pretentious, like it was trying too hard. . .especially since they were just speaking about 99% BS about how economies work) but I'll check it out again.

Ive seen the rest though hehe.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 01:12   Link #11
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
awesome, I never knew shakugan no shana had the bad guy wins ending, I was really annoyed with that tsundere crap that after about 6-7 episodes I couldn't watch anymore.


but now Ill finish it haha.

Ill try out rayearth too

C got annoying to me and I never finished it (it just felt too pretentious, like it was trying too hard. . .especially since they were just speaking about 99% BS about how economies work) but I'll check it out again.

Ive seen the rest though hehe.


Edit, just watched the last ep of C (that I avoided last time) . .and wow . . that was bad! hahaha Im glad I never watched the final ep way back in the day, or else I'd have been really pissed then, now I"m just like "yeah, figured it would be that bad." (I mean the dude even kissed his own (future)daugheter...wtf Japan!?)

Ill try the other shows though.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:05   Link #12
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Death Note, if you dont bother watching the 2nd part like I did.
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 09:39   Link #13
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
You know... there is really a lot that I'd have to say about these suggestions and how they actually fit with the original request of "bad guy", "wins", "at the end"
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:13   Link #14
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You know... there is really a lot that I'd have to say about these suggestions and how they actually fit with the original request of "bad guy", "wins", "at the end"
Well, I know that a lot of them don't really fit but. . .I don't really think three's many decent anime shows that do this well. hell, there's not many Hollywood movies I can think of off the top of my head. So Ill just take what I can get I guess.

There are just so many shows though(anime) where they make the villain look cool, badass, a good sense of purpose/reasons for doing what they are doing, yet they get defeated by the Author/director usually through some external deus ex machina or internal D.E.M. by all of a sudden the protag getting stronger by "sheer will" or by magically finding a weakness over a bad guy that is 1000x stronger, or by the power of love/friendship etc etc. or by the fact that 99% of villains are bond Villan types etc. . .or through some other asspull that we are supposed to accept because. . .morals lol. . .

kinda gets boring after a while. I mean we know the good guy is going to win. . .
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 10:49   Link #15
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
hell, there's not many Hollywood movies I can think of off the top of my head. So Ill just take what I can get I guess.
Well, there's not many in anime and manga either strictly speaking. but about "Hollywood Movies" you should try Watchmen, or better the original graphic novel, that fits the bill perfectly.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:28   Link #16
totoum
Me at work
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Shiki?Kinda?

The anime really blurs the line between good and evil and at one point you're not sure who to root for so there was no clear bad guy, and nobody really won.

However I bring it up because a couple of characters that a whole lot of fans disliked and wanted to see get killed ended up being quite well off.

edit: papermario13689 mentions Kaiji below and yeah S1 fits that perfectly.
__________________

Last edited by totoum; 2013-04-28 at 12:27.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 11:30   Link #17
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Season 1 of Kaiji has this element. Season 2 might be less connected to your parameters.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:53   Link #18
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
In School Days, the main character's best friend gets away with committing a heinous crime.
__________________
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:02   Link #19
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Well you can try Hakuouki series which don't have a winning villain but at the same time they don't have an all happy ending especially in second season. I would personally start with prequel Hakuouki Reimeiroku.

And while characters look bishoujo, there is barely any real fan service or yaoi implications. It is story/history driven.

You can try Jigoku Shoujo which is episodic series and every episode have different focus. Some of the case can make you go "What?!". While so called "good guys" win, they still pay the price.

Aoi Bungaku series - set of small stories, mostly with depressing or weird endings.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - while the main characters do win, it is not an all happy ending.

Mawaru Penguindrum - from what I remember ending was not too optimistic.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - some cases end better than others, some worse.

Romeo x Juliet - well, you pretty much know what happens to our heroes

Shinsekai yori - by the end of the series, I found it hard to label who is good and bad. While so called "good guys" win, it was done through wits and lots of sacrifices. No random power ups.


Hope that some of these will appeal to you.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 22:34   Link #20
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 30
oh yeah! watchmen was awesome! Ill watch that again lol

I saw the first season of Kaiji, was great

but yeah more like watchmen though just anime,. . .I honestly can't think of any that have this element to be honest. . .it would be the equivalent to Makishima getting away with taking down the sybil system in psycho pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well you can try Hakuouki series which don't have a winning villain but at the same time they don't have an all happy ending especially in second season. I would personally start with prequel Hakuouki Reimeiroku.

And while characters look bishoujo, there is barely any real fan service or yaoi implications. It is story/history driven.

You can try Jigoku Shoujo which is episodic series and every episode have different focus. Some of the case can make you go "What?!". While so called "good guys" win, they still pay the price.

Aoi Bungaku series - set of small stories, mostly with depressing or weird endings.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - while the main characters do win, it is not an all happy ending.

Mawaru Penguindrum - from what I remember ending was not too optimistic.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - some cases end better than others, some worse.

Romeo x Juliet - well, you pretty much know what happens to our heroes

Shinsekai yori - by the end of the series, I found it hard to label who is good and bad. While so called "good guys" win, it was done through wits and lots of sacrifices. No random power ups.


Hope that some of these will appeal to you.
out of all of these I haven't seen rainbow I think Ill try that...

penguindrum was really bad imo. almost as pretentious as C. I dont think I can watch that again.

school days: there's already enough male bashing in anime already from violence against men being "funny"(if it were the other way around all women and white knight dudes would be crying about it)
that and the creators try their best to make the MC as much as a punk ass bitch as possible just to justify getting murdered(which isn't justifyable period no matter how many "hearts were broken) I found that show just sickening.


but im gonna try out shana again. That and rayearth sounds the closest.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.