AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-04, 21:17   Link #41
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Some of my highlight:
- Why didnt Kirino and Kyousuke run into Ayase?
That would end REAL bad for everyone....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Kirino is more just like a spoiled child that's going to be a disaster in the future, assuredly. She's really nothing much like a "real" younger sister. Further, she's also verged pretty close to a sexual deviant already, which would have consequences for the future..
Kirino only violent toward Kyousuke. Compare to when she at school or with society (which she acted completely different), I'd say that she had way more control over she showed. Kyousuke is an expectaion, not an example.
Old 2013-05-04, 21:22   Link #42
Excorsism

I would totally like that end card. Are they usually bundled with the ED albums?
Old 2013-05-04, 21:24   Link #43
takai
Easy Muffin

I've always been really pro Kirino. But after watching this past season, I'm starting to lean towards Kuroneko. She's extremely cute and well-mannered. Kirino just continues to get on my nerves. Am I the only one who feels like this?

As for the episode, was pretty good as usual. It was pretty funny how they kept conveniently running into people they knew, thank God they didn't see Ayase lest a murder would happen.
Old 2013-05-04, 21:30   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I would totally like that end card. Are they usually bundled with the ED albums?
They're usually bundled with the LE Blu-Rays/DVDs (where the EDs are also bundled).
Old 2013-05-04, 23:02   Link #45
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Twice yearly, and they last for three days each.
I see,thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I really felt sorry for him during the whole boyfriend panic crises At least Kirino was able to manage the situation instead of making it worse for him.
Well, in my opinion she made the situation even worse for kyousuke with all that suspense in her answers..

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2013-05-05 at 08:09.
Old 2013-05-04, 23:15   Link #46
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I've always been really pro Kirino. But after watching this past season, I'm starting to lean towards Kuroneko. She's extremely cute and well-mannered. Kirino just continues to get on my nerves. Am I the only one who feels like this?
Not really. It's Kirino's default character.
There are several types of tsundere.

The first type is a girl who teats a guy badly. She looks down on him. After certain incident, she starts admires him. Maybe he begs her to come home.

The second type is a girl who has crush on a guy. She would be devastated if he finds out. So, she act violently toward him. The stronger the feeling equals stronger action. Maybe she pours water on herself, so they can visit the nearby inn.

I guess none of the types applies to Kirino, since they are siblings.
What's my point? Just let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
As for the episode, was pretty good as usual. It was pretty funny how they kept conveniently running into people they knew, thank God they didn't see Ayase lest a murder would happen.
Yeah...the school day vibe. Even it happened, it would be harmless. The author and publisher still want to sell light novels. Maybe it's why the author received the threatening letter from a novel's fan. They are playing with viewers/readers.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-04, 23:19   Link #47
Traece
:cool:

Quite an interesting episode, mostly when Kuroneko was involved. It was very interesting to see her in plain clothes, though somehow I think I still like her more in her nice black dresses.

It was funny to see Kirino intentionally make it look like they were dating to anger Kyosuke's actual potential girlfriends, but I can't help but notice they never actually set Minami straight. At least we got to see Kuroneko admit some of her feelings as a result.
Old 2013-05-04, 23:42   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Maybe he begs her to come home. [...]
Maybe she pours water on herself, so they can visit the nearby inn.

I guess none of the types applies to Kirino [...]
I think this is where one says "I see what you did there".

But yeah... Kirino is Kirino, there's no doubt about it. But in fairness to her, both her brother and father and many of her friends have the same bad tendencies. Being honest about your feelings is hard...
Old 2013-05-04, 23:46   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Siscon path confirmed, as if anyone still doubted that fact.

Too bad Kuroneko is 1000x better than Kirino.
Old 2013-05-05, 00:52   Link #50
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think this is where one says "I see what you did there".

But yeah... Kirino is Kirino, there's no doubt about it. But in fairness to her, both her brother and father and many of her friends have the same bad tendencies. Being honest about your feelings is hard...
Quote for Truth.
Old 2013-05-05, 03:08   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

I think this was around the point where I started playing attention to the spoilers from the LN two years back when the first season was still running. But it's all in bits and pieces so I've only gotten the main points. I know about the fake date and her boyfriend, but the details are muddy.

Also, Kyousuke's is getting more and more open with his siscon side- It's one thing to pretend but he was really getting into it

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-05 at 03:17. Reason: Just for the sake of keeping things cleaner...
Old 2013-05-05, 05:13   Link #52
Anime Online

I don't get the part in which Kyosuke was affected at the possibility of Kirino having a boyfriend. He even had those sad puppy eyes when Kirino ridiculed him. Heh, poor Kyosuke. Is this confirmation that Kyosuke has feelings for Kirino?
Old 2013-05-05, 05:27   Link #53
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post

Well, in my opinion she made the situation even worse for kyousuke with all that suspense in her anwers..
One might see it that way. I see it as her keeping the situation from getting any worse by joking around. She could had just turned full bitch mode, told him to mind his own business and provokingly insulted him rather than doing it while laughing. He may not have gotten a straight answer but in a way they did exactly what he wanted to do and that was to mend things up between them...again.
Old 2013-05-05, 07:02   Link #54
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I don't get the part in which Kyosuke was affected at the possibility of Kirino having a boyfriend. He even had those sad puppy eyes when Kirino ridiculed him. Heh, poor Kyosuke. Is this confirmation that Kyosuke has feelings for Kirino?
I think you have to look at the scene, where during their date Kirino and Kyousuke bump into two of Kirino's friends. They ask them how they fell in love with each other and in my opinion they gave an honest response. They told their true feelings.

Kyousuke has a lot of fun with Kirino in his life and now he fears that Kirino's "boyfriend" will eventually replace him.

Greetings Silaqui.
Old 2013-05-05, 08:46   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Traditionally it's the imouto who goes "Don't take my onii-chan away from me >_< !" and get all clingy.

But now instead, picture the role reverse with Kyousuke.

Old 2013-05-05, 10:59   Link #56
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Traditionally it's the imouto who goes "Don't take my onii-chan away from me >_< !" and get all clingy.

But now instead, picture the role reverse with Kyousuke.
Reverse? I think it might be still true for Kirino though. After all, we haven't seen how she feel, right?
Old 2013-05-05, 16:02   Link #57
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
Kyousuke has a lot of fun with Kirino in his life and now he fears that Kirino's "boyfriend" will eventually replace him.
Ehhh, if that initial impression means anything, her "boyfriend" reeks of "business partner". Although naturally, Kyousuke is going to overreact like mad because it's anime.

Also, I have to wonder: why did the circle's doujin sell? I doubt there's any concrete answer, but there's gotta be a debate about it somewhere in there :P
Old 2013-05-05, 16:22   Link #58
eduard3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
As always. People, who read the novel trying to find the flaws in adaptations. Just submit at last that the book and the anime is two different formants and 100% satisfying adaptation is impossible. You, people, always found something to call it fail.
Honestly, people are free to comment on what they want to as long as its done properly. These people have expressed their negative opinion properly and have stated their reason. Compared to people who say "God this sucks" PERIOD these guys are angels.

I find YOU more annoying than them.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:10   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Also, I have to wonder: why did the circle's doujin sell? I doubt there's any concrete answer, but there's gotta be a debate about it somewhere in there :P
I think the insinuation is that Kuroneko's content was better this time thanks to the involvement of so many other influences. Left to her own devices, Kuroneko can tend to go a bit overboard (as they all can), but it looks like they just created a nice book with varied content and nice art that would appeal to Masquera fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard3 View Post
Honestly, people are free to comment on what they want to as long as its done properly. These people have expressed their negative opinion properly and have stated their reason. Compared to people who say "God this sucks" PERIOD these guys are angels.

I find YOU more annoying than them.
Well, we all have to get along, true enough. But by the same token, I can understand the frustration. Sometimes, some people do have unreasonable expectations for what is doable in 24-minute episodes, and when the comparisons get too extensive, it can also distract for discussing the anime itself. I'm not saying that's what happened in this thread, but the frustration can build. Of course, I do also understand how the opposite point of view is frustrating too, because novel readers are also among the anime-viewing audience and they have reasonable expectations that shouldn't be categorically dismissed either.

So anyway, we need to all try to get along. For people who know the novels, all comparisons to current events need to be in properly-labelled spoiler tags, and anything referring to future content should go in the spoiler & speculation thread. And as long as it's in properly-labelled spoiler tags, people who don't want to read the comparisons can skip them and everything should hopefully work out somehow. At least we'll try to make it work.
Old 2013-05-06, 01:29   Link #60
type-R!

Good episode, the scene of their discussion in the stairs was done actually pretty ok in my opinion, I feel like it makes it very clear to understand an important point.

[mod edit: removed inappropriate comparison]

Btw Misaki's cash offering and Kyousuke's reaction were hilarious.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-06 at 02:12. Reason: Comparisons can't hint at future events
Closed Thread