AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 20:01   Link #241
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Oh thanks Lantern. Still, does anyone notice that in this past decade, Light Novels has taken the shift of making Churches and Heaven antagonists in stories?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:07   Link #242
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Oh thanks Lantern. Still, does anyone notice that in this past decade, Light Novels has taken the shift of making Churches and Heaven antagonists in stories?
I've been saying that to my friends a lot
I guess the age of evil demon genre has gotten old for the modern taste.

I don't think they are intentionally bashing the Church, specifically, though.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:11   Link #243
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I've been saying that to my friends a lot
I guess the age of evil demon genre has gotten old for the modern taste.

I don't think they are intentionally bashing the Church, specifically, though.
I think its an inspiration from the Middle Ages and such events called the Inquisitions where the Churches done horrible acts under God's name whereas their agenda was to make sure everyone was under their control and thus they did such methods to forcefully make opposition follow their rule.
Old 2013-05-11, 21:29   Link #244
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
I think its an inspiration from the Middle Ages and such events called the Inquisitions where the Churches done horrible acts under God's name whereas their agenda was to make sure everyone was under their control and thus they did such methods to forcefully make opposition follow their rule.
I think it's more like Crusade. Maybe their original cause was good, but the soldiers of Crusade committed war crimes in the name of their religion.

I never read the novel, but I like to see the second battle between Maou and Emi. Both rivals are leveled up with their holy items.

Images
Maou and Emi's holy items
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, it sounds lame that Emi becoming Maou's subordinate. He already has Four Great Marshals. The number of Four Great Marshals is five. It sounds stupid, even I know it's a intentional joke. The pun is referred to four Japanese historical warriors. According to the myth, there are five people and they are still known as four warriors. These four warriors are constant joke in anime/manga.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:21   Link #245
NeutralZero

Wait but isn't Maou's other 2 Marshal dead?
Aside from Lucifer and Ashiya...
Emi becoming his General seems more like replenishing diminish forces... Emi and Chi-chan that is...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:31   Link #246
Seitsuki
Onee!

The Hero's not going to become the Demon King's underling. That's just ridiculous. Waifu is fine.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:49   Link #247
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
The Hero's not going to become the Demon King's underling. That's just ridiculous. Waifu is fine.
It wouldn't be ridiculous if the Demon King is the one working for the wellness of Ente Islanders.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:54   Link #248
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Aishya is already the waifu!... ok guess that's going too far
Either way she doesn't really have to be an underling to be a general she could be something like an equal.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:00   Link #249
Shadow5YA

Where does Ashiya Shirou come from? Is there more to Alsiel's name than just Alsiel?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:26   Link #250
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Where does Ashiya Shirou come from? Is there more to Alsiel's name than just Alsiel?
He probably tried to break down Alsiel (Arushieru) into two names.
Old 2013-05-12, 06:43   Link #251
noobita

Quote:
This man knows the real deal. Emi is going to be the one who governs the world together with Overlord for better world.

While people said that Ashiya is "waifu", but the overlord didn't seems agreed with that. 2 men live together in one small together forever? Nah~.

Old 2013-05-12, 08:09   Link #252
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I think it's more like Crusade. Maybe their original cause was good, but the soldiers of Crusade committed war crimes in the name of their religion.

I never read the novel, but I like to see the second battle between Maou and Emi. Both rivals are leveled up with their holy items.

Images
Maou and Emi's holy items
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, it sounds lame that Emi becoming Maou's subordinate. He already has Four Great Marshals. The number of Four Great Marshals is five. It sounds stupid, even I know it's a intentional joke. The pun is referred to four Japanese historical warriors. According to the myth, there are five people and they are still known as four warriors. These four warriors are constant joke in anime/manga.
Two of those warriors are dead and gone, though. So Emi and whoever else he claimed as subordinate (Bell?) would be replacements.

Though one would assume in the upcoming volume there would be a second Maou/Yuusha fight. The church obviously has something over her, and since Maou is coming after them, they'd almost certainly counter with the only person ever to beat him.
Old 2013-05-12, 08:15   Link #253
NeutralZero

Man... that's pretty nasty...
So they're going for let two monsters destroy themselves huh...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 08:27   Link #254
csuree
The Most Wanted™

Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
the plot is thickening but you know, the best way to stop Maou is to make him fight a friend or a loved one.....This way even if he has massive power he will not go all-out.

Actually this might be a trap too..... as they fight, the angels can make a surprise attack, and recover their jewel fragments. seems reasonable
Old 2013-05-12, 10:27   Link #255
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

did EMi fall for Maou in the light novel or not,, yet??
Old 2013-05-12, 10:30   Link #256
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
did EMi fall for Maou in the light novel or not,, yet??
Base off Latern's information. The sexual tension is there though what is holding Emi (Emilia, okay ugh Latern which name should we be calling her) is her values of a Hero.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:32   Link #257
Sumeragi
Banned

Most importantly, her reason for hating him is gone.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:32   Link #258
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Most importantly, her reason for hating him is gone.
Yeah that too, but people were to suppose to dig that up themselves. Actually the bigger mystery is why her father told Emilia to go with the Church to defeat Maou despite his wife teaching Maou politics, war strategy, economics, and etc. thus making Maou his adopted son if you think about it.
Old 2013-05-12, 12:25   Link #259
Used Can

Quote:
Actually the bigger mystery is why her father told Emilia to go with the Church to defeat Maou despite his wife teaching Maou politics, war strategy, economics, and etc. thus making Maou his adopted son if you think about it.
He probably didn't know that, and Maou wasn't necessarily a good person back then.
Old 2013-05-12, 14:16   Link #260
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Actually the bigger mystery is why her father told Emilia to go with the Church to defeat Maou despite his wife teaching Maou politics, war strategy, economics, and etc. thus making Maou his adopted son if you think about it.
I don't think anyone else knew about that little insert between Maou and Laylah...
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, romance