AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-24, 09:26   Link #561
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Yes. o.o Fashion regularly changes, hence my not wanting to spend the equivalent of 50$ on a pair of branded jeans. I know it will be outdated soon. I'd much rather spend 50$ on a pair of jeans that I like and will most likely wear when it becomes an antique five years from now, but if I can find a pair with similar design, which usually means it doesn't have the other's brand, for a much cheaper price, then you can bet your Ashiya that I'd go for the cheaper pair

Granted, I'd probably use what I saved to fund Maou's World Domination Fund via a self-euthanizing double cheeseburger from the local branch, but at least I'd be happy o_o

Only took one module of economics back in high school. Most of my personal-biases-that-are-colloquially-known-as-knowledge, I gleaned from speaking directly with business owners, the average consumers of the products my family sells, and reading the odd case study my friends lend me. On a side-note, it's amazing how keen a psychologist business owners actually are

The majority of the middle class I've spoken with don't buy into brands blindly. They tend to fall into two categories. There are those that choose them because of their quality-- or at least, perceived quality as there is this stigma that "branded/more expensive = better". The other group buys a particular brand, despite the price tag, because it caters to their whims. Brands, after all, are specifically constructed by targeting a particular consumer type-- most blatantly Shounen Jump, whose readers are mostly teenage boys.

To be fair to branded products, the whole point of having a brand is to build its reputation/identity. And, really, everything has a brand nowadays; I'm just not loyal to any one (except for my family's, but that's because they already went ballistic on my sister when she tried to use a different brand XD)!

As for why I (jokingly) conjectured company-sabotage and their playing into the gossip mill, have you seen American advertisements? They actually defame the competition in their commercials, and it should be readily apparent that the media is a very influential body. I'm actually impressed; I'd love to do the same, but different countries, different values...

Just out of curiosity, what is this economic standpoint you speak of, since you didn't explain it? Again, I'm not an economist by any stretch xD
Yeah on the movie I saw a few years ago an advertisement ad said "Pepsi when you don't have coke"
Old 2013-06-24, 09:31   Link #562
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
It isn't just Maou though, since it's been said somewhere that it isn't a weapon of anti-demon attributes.

That thing is basically just broken beyond words and is practially one of those 'I win' button against ANYone for whoever that is able to wield it, and in this case, Emi.
Okay... maybe not everyone, since Sariel's ability can lock Emi down.
So, its rather the weapon that defeated Maou rather than Emilia. Well considering that the top Angels in Heaven wants it back, guess it is really HAX beyond belief.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:57   Link #563
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So, its rather the weapon that defeated Maou rather than Emilia. Well considering that the top Angels in Heaven wants it back, guess it is really HAX beyond belief.
More than a weapon. I think the angel want to recover the better half before the secrets it is hiding is exposed.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:43   Link #564
Ruki0089
The Fateless one

Ok, can someone tell me about Maou`s background
very detail please
Old 2013-06-25, 09:15   Link #565
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Ok, can someone tell me about Maou`s background
very detail please
maou was a very weak goblin class demon (the lowest of low)
He was taught by Emi's mother Layla (don't know the real spelling)
He was also given a seed that would grow to become his and Emi's "daughter"
With the knowledge he learned from Layla and the seeds power he became the Maou known as Satan
Old 2013-06-27, 09:23   Link #566
runset

they finally did it! (the studio i mean)
Spoiler for maou last episode:

and...
Spoiler for announcement:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:26   Link #567
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post

and...
Lantern must be having Chinese New Year in his head.
Old 2013-06-27, 09:55   Link #568
kazzuya13

Quote:

and...
That means the anime was a success because they are already announcing it already.
Old 2013-06-27, 09:59   Link #569
Ghanw
(-_-)

Well that is definetly good news and by the way what was the release date for the new volume?
Old 2013-06-27, 11:19   Link #570
ImperialE

Quote:
and...
woah, already
ImperialE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:30   Link #571
DeathHarte

So I'm in America waiting to watch the final episode! Any body have an Idea of when one with english subtitles will be posted? I've checked funimation and a few random websites already but I guess it's just a waiting game haha
DeathHarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 13:53   Link #572
omegasereon

Quote:
[/SPOILER]
and...
Where did you see it? I didn't see it in the raw.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 15:16   Link #573
bastek66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Where did you see it? I didn't see it in the raw.
2chan's joke
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 16:10   Link #574
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
maou was a very weak goblin class demon (the lowest of low)
He was taught by Emi's mother Layla (don't know the real spelling)
He was also given a seed that would grow to become his and Emi's "daughter"
With the knowledge he learned from Layla and the seeds power he became the Maou known as Satan
Also, for what I have heard, Layla mainly taught him things about life & stuff, basically a teacher; thus when he started growing strong and using force as a means he kinda "lost his way", this is something that he personally acknowledges later when he looks back at what happened.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:27   Link #575
omegasereon

Spoiler:

Last edited by omegasereon; 2013-06-27 at 19:07.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 18:40   Link #576
DeathHarte

not to be completely clueless here.. but have they really confirmed there will be a second season? I know everyone is pretty confident there will be, but I was wondering about an actual confirmation. (also, if "2chan's joke" is already answering my question and I'm just not picking up on it then i'm sorry haha!)
Old 2013-06-27, 19:14   Link #577
Ghanw
(-_-)

As of right now there is no outright official conformation so most likely now is the "2chan joke." But most of us hope and strongly believe there will be season 2 as it did very well.
Old 2013-06-27, 19:55   Link #578
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
As of right now there is no outright official conformation so most likely now is the "2chan joke." But most of us hope and strongly believe there will be season 2 as it did very well.
I hear sells are going well. I quite enjoyed this series. So there are bound to be a second season.

The one thing I don't get is the complaints about the anime, there are numerous complaints that this series has no main antagonists and is not serious. The final episode erupted with complaints as a waste and few even wanted to one shot vol 3 in the last episode.
Old 2013-06-27, 20:47   Link #579
DeathHarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I hear sells are going well. I quite enjoyed this series. So there are bound to be a second season.

The one thing I don't get is the complaints about the anime, there are numerous complaints that this series has no main antagonists and is not serious. The final episode erupted with complaints as a waste and few even wanted to one shot vol 3 in the last episode.

I'm having trouble wording this, but here's my take on the ending aha:

I think they made it a very SAFE ending.

Almost all of the issues in the show get resolved.. Maou and Emi start to develop a relationship of sorts with the umbrella scene, the bad guys all get taken care of, and no new enemy is introduced here.
It's Safe because if they don't get a second season, it's not like they had some huge cliffhanger at the end of this series that would never be resolved you know?

Either way, I would've liked a cliffhanger ending that introduced a new bad guy, but I can understand not including it. It would be embarrassing if they were like "LOOK OUT FOR THIS CRAZY EVIL" and then never got a second season going haha :P
Old 2013-06-27, 21:08   Link #580
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathHarte View Post
I'm having trouble wording this, but here's my take on the ending aha:

I think they made it a very SAFE ending.

Almost all of the issues in the show get resolved.. Maou and Emi start to develop a relationship of sorts with the umbrella scene, the bad guys all get taken care of, and no new enemy is introduced here.
It's Safe because if they don't get a second season, it's not like they had some huge cliffhanger at the end of this series that would never be resolved you know?

Either way, I would've liked a cliffhanger ending that introduced a new bad guy, but I can understand not including it. It would be embarrassing if they were like "LOOK OUT FOR THIS CRAZY EVIL" and then never got a second season going haha :P
I actually liked the final episode. What I am talking about are other people complaining about it, I find them unfounded.

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, romance