AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-06, 02:35   Link #1
Darigan Xweetok
Banned

Alvin and the Chipmunks 4

There's gonna be a 4th! Apparently it involves a new girl who's a were-chipmunk that has long purple and green Usukigirl Usul hair named Charlene. I saw a clip and the new chipmunk was walking up the stairs in a backwards arch with her mouth open, little pointy chipmunk canine teeth showing and she had a snake-like tongue dripping blood. I don't now HOW she didnt trip over her hair, but she didnt. Also I went to see Catching Fire and they showed the trailer and she turns her head AROUND and can talk in G major like from the meme x in G Major. Another honorable mention is when she was at some doctors office and got injected in the neck and blood squirted out and Alvin said " Ooh, right in the vertebrae".

I'm having mixed feelings about this movie. I half wanna see it because it looks hella funny and I half don't wanna see it because its unoriginal as hell. I'm pretty sure this has already been done. Don't even get me started on the carrot soup. Do you think it'll be worth seeing?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-12-06 at 19:55.
Darigan Xweetok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 08:53   Link #2
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darigan Xweetok View Post
Yes, chipmunk haters, there's gonna be a 4th! Apparently it involves a new girl who's a were-chipmunk that has long purple and green Usukigirl Usul hair named Charlene. I saw a clip and the new chipmunk was walking up the stairs in a backwards arch with her mouth open, little pointy chipmunk canine teeth showing and she had a snake-like tongue dripping blood. I don't now HOW she didnt trip over her hair, but she didnt. Also I went to see Catching Fire and they showed the trailer and she turns her head AROUND and can talk in G major like from the meme x in G Major. Another honorable mention is when she was at some doctors office and got injected in the neck and blood squirted out and Alvin said " Ooh, right in the vertebrae". I'm having mixed feelings about this movie. I half wanna see it because it looks hella funny and I half don't wanna see it because its unoriginal as hell. I'm pretty sure this has already been done. Don't even get me started on the carrot soup. Do you think it'll be worth seeing?
Well, its a shoo in for best picture at the oscars this year. Critics have called it the defining movie of our generation, others have said that it changed their lives, and that they will never be able to enjoy another movie after the sheer power of the experience combining the wonder and spectacle of avatar, and the suspense and tension of silence of the lambs seamlessly wrapped up in the warm family-friendly paradigm of furry rugrats. Not only that, the imagery and subtle messages have sparked a debate worthy of a lifetime of analysis concerning the allusions to historical events, ranging from chernobyl to the impact of Dolly, the first cloned sheep, on the scientific community. I don't just think you should go, I think you should do everything in your power to go. A true classic for the ages.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 10:11   Link #3
Darigan Xweetok
Banned

Wait, what? This thread is about Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: The Munk Up and you're talking about Avatar???? I think it looks funny as hell, who doesn't wanna see a were-chipmunk turn her head around 360 degrees and talk in G major. There's also a performance of Single Ladies just like in The Squeakquel. I will do everything in my power to go. Thanks!
Old 2013-12-06, 19:53   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Do not start movie threads as if you were asking for a suggestion. If this is a new movie, follow the example of other movie topics and create a thread to discuss the movie in general.

Your thread title will be edited.
Old 2013-12-07, 02:36   Link #5
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Well, its a shoo in for best picture at the oscars this year. Critics have called it the defining movie of our generation, others have said that it changed their lives, and that they will never be able to enjoy another movie after the sheer power of the experience combining the wonder and spectacle of avatar, and the suspense and tension of silence of the lambs seamlessly wrapped up in the warm family-friendly paradigm of furry rugrats. Not only that, the imagery and subtle messages have sparked a debate worthy of a lifetime of analysis concerning the allusions to historical events, ranging from chernobyl to the impact of Dolly, the first cloned sheep, on the scientific community. I don't just think you should go, I think you should do everything in your power to go. A true classic for the ages.
lmao. <3

oompa was just kidding, Darigan; the whole post was a joke. I've never seen the CGI movies, though I remember loving the animated 1987 film when I was a kid.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 03:34   Link #6
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Is this for real? The heck? I'm shocked, seriously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those haters and kind of enjoy them a bit even. Though, I thought the last one did awful in the box office that it would have cancelled the film, wow! Why don't they just make another animated film? It would make the fandom way more happy than this, myself included.

I also heard a new series would be coming some time soon, wonder if that's still going to happen?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 04:35   Link #7
Darigan Xweetok
Banned

Yes it's real. Look up Alvin and the a chipmunks 4 on IMDB. It says 2015 but that date is still debatable. I heard it might come out this year at the end after Christmas on a Friday and I hope it does. The only drawback is that its very WTF-like and even more so, unoriginal. It is advertised as a black comedy but a lot of people I talked to doesnt see what's funny about a chipmunk pissing ( offscreen), turning its head 360 degrees and getting tied to a bed and talking in G major.
Old 2013-12-07, 11:23   Link #8
james0246

The dates not debatable (though it should be). "Chipmunks 4" is currently scheduled for Dec. 11 2015...a week before "Star Wars 7" is released. In other words, "Chipmunks 4" is going to die before it even has a chance to potentially succeed.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 15:49   Link #9
Darigan Xweetok
Banned

Damn, I gotta wait two years before I can see any chipmunk head turning or getting tied to a bed? Why is everybody hatin on this film, surely y'all seen stuff that was worse in the WTF department. A were-chipmunk turning her head AROUND ( can hear the bones in her CGI chipmunk neck crack) is pretty WTF-like though. WHY would they release this around CHRISTMAS and not HALLOWEEN!??? And its rated PG-13, so Ill have an excuse to walk into the theater and buy tickets for a chipmunks movie.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:57   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darigan Xweetok View Post
Damn, I gotta wait two years before I can see any chipmunk head turning or getting tied to a bed? Why is everybody hatin on this film, surely y'all seen stuff that was worse in the WTF department. A were-chipmunk turning her head AROUND ( can hear the bones in her CGI chipmunk neck crack) is pretty WTF-like though. WHY would they release this around CHRISTMAS and not HALLOWEEN!??? And its rated PG-13, so Ill have an excuse to walk into the theater and buy tickets for a chipmunks movie.
I don't mean to "hate" on the Chipmunks. I have great respect for any franchise that has managed to last nearly 60 years (and counting) while still being profitable. I'm not a fan, but I can understand the appeal. As for the release date, all the Chipmunk live-action films have been released in December, and while I think it would be more prudent to release the film in September or October (were there is less competition), the franchise has a legacy in December releases.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-12-07 at 18:37. Reason: 'Twas a typo. I meant 60 years.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 18:05   Link #11
Dr. Casey

A bit more than 50 years, actually~ The franchise has existed in television form since 1961 (the band precedes it by about 2-3 years). It's certainly an old little series.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 20:17   Link #12
Darigan Xweetok
Banned

I know that these movies come out in December, but I think given the content of the 4th movie, it would be most appropriate to release it around Halloween.