AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 40 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-11, 22:32   Link #41
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

I also get now why his father allowed him to join the Recon Corps without any protest.
Well, he simply knew that he couldn't stop him... with words, that is.

The fact that he suddenly decided to let him know what was inside the basement and right at that very moment makes me think that perhaps there was a good chance that seeing that would make Eren change his mind.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:33   Link #42
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
By the way, Mikasa seems to have killed 5 titans (that we saw) and not 4: the Abnormal, the one right after the flashback and there were three others already dead around her (one was partially covered in the steam released by another and the rain).

And I wonder why they added rain...I don't remember it being in the Manga.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:36   Link #43
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
i wonder why the orients never go and hide on an isolated island where there is no titans instead of traveling so far to hide in the war(presumably europe)
this is the assumption tt titans can't swim. if they can, i guess this qn is invalid
ChaosPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:42   Link #44
Iron Maw
Ba'al Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well, he simply knew that he couldn't stop him... with words, that is.

The fact that he suddenly decided to let him know what was inside the basement and right at that very moment makes me think that perhaps there was a good chance that seeing that would make Eren change his mind.
Maybe I guess, but that doesn't explain why injected him with that serum. But according to Erens own words he was really strange at the time. He might changed his mind if that was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

And I wonder why they added rain...I don't remember it being in the Manga.
To make things more dramatic, at least that how it's been used in every anime I've seen it happen in.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:46   Link #45
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
i wonder why the orients never go and hide on an isolated island where there is no titans instead of traveling so far to hide in the war(presumably europe)
this is the assumption tt titans can't swim. if they can, i guess this qn is invalid
We aren't even sure that this is planet Earth and the walled country of this anime is bigger than any European country. It could only fit in Russia and North America, all the other places do not have land vast enough or do not have a matching climate. (actually those huge trees do not exist in Europe as far as I know).

Mikasa is said to be half-oriental, but there isn't any mention of countries. Perhaps there isn't a Japanese island.

As for whether titans can swim or not. They probably don't, but they probably don't need to breathe either. Also with all these abnormal titans I suppose that there can always be one who can swim even if the rest doesn't.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:55   Link #46
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
It's Eren nature not to think far ahead, but he always do his best on something he want/need to do.
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:05   Link #47
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
The deviant Titan was freaking fast.....i think he squash a soldier like an ant when running.....

Mikasa was badass in this episode....i gave it a 8/10 for this episode.
Why the fuck are there so many deviant titans there this is just insane. I mean again once we learned what titans were what class wise I figured deviants probably don't appear much at least not in giant packs like this. All I have seen were 17m deviant class titans surprised any humans made it out.

For those who don't know deviant class titans would be like the laser class beta in muv luv or a 100 point monster in gantz its a complete game changer on the field.

Re seeing that scene Eren knew way to much about how to kill those guys and his father seemed way to less worried about the fact his son just killed. The luring the 2nd guy to his slaughter was way to methodical.

What kind of kid thinks of that shit.

Lets just hope we get a uncensored dvd version later.
__________________

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-05-11 at 23:45.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:12   Link #48
Soconfused
Old God Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: you....don't wanna know
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post

For those who don't know deviant class titans would be like the laser class beta in muv luv or a 100 point monster in gantz its a complete game changer on the field.

.
Eh? they've shown what, 2 deviants? Deviants are 100 point Gantz monsters? you mean the one that got 1 shot by Mikasa? They are just titans that show erratic behavior not seen in normal titans, like jumping or running.
__________________
What exactly is the point of becoming powerful if one cannot indulge the hedonistic opportunities that come with it?
Soconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:22   Link #49
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
i wonder why the orients never go and hide on an isolated island where there is no titans instead of traveling so far to hide in the war(presumably europe)
this is the assumption tt titans can't swim. if they can, i guess this qn is invalid
Maybe the people within the walls aren't actually sure what exactly happened to the other races, and simply found it most realistic to consider them dead. The government also tried to convince everyone for hundreds of years not to think about the outside world; the possibility, however remote, that humans might still be alive outside the walls would not be a politically correct notion.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:32   Link #50
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Maybe the people within the walls aren't actually sure what exactly happened to the other races, and simply found it most realistic to consider them dead. The government also tried to convince everyone for hundreds of years not to think about the outside world; the possibility, however remote, that humans might still be alive outside the walls would not be a politically correct notion.
If everyone in 'the orient' was killed, that's sure a lot of Titan food. I kind of expect there may be other populations outside, perhaps in similar 'walled' communities.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:35   Link #51
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
If everyone in 'the orient' was killed, that's sure a lot of Titan food. I kind of expect there may be other populations outside, perhaps in similar 'walled' communities.
It's possible, but my guess is that the story won't make any mention of it; nor should it. All we have to know is that not just "Europe" was affected by the Titans, and that Mikasa is a rarity. It explains her Japanese-sounding name at least.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:44   Link #52
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I understand the underlying plot point. What I find disturbing are the viewers who gloat about it, relishing it in ways a 10-year-old misanthrope would when he burns a kitten or kicks a puppy.

Violence is the last thing in the world we should ever celebrate. It may be necessary at times, but it's always a necessary evil at best.
Well, I don't know if you're perhaps referencing other forums you frequent, but I didn't see anyone else posting in this thread that it was a GAR scene. Seems like mostly everyone is on the same page that it was meant to be a rather unnerving scene.

Personally, I find it rather hard to swallow, even given the fantasy setting, that a child would immediately fly into some murderous rage like that, so my main reaction to that scene was skepticism of that characterization/plot point. Speaking of which, I've found myself much more interested in the world and lore of this anime than the characters. I'm not particularly fond of any of them.

As for your point about violence, I get why you're put off by the stabbing scene, especially when it's perpetrated by a child, but I like some violence in my fiction (well, depending on the genre, of course). Just keep it out of real life and we're all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
It's possible, but my guess is that the story won't make any mention of it; nor should it. All we have to know is that not just "Europe" was affected by the Titans, and that Mikasa is a rarity. It explains her Japanese-sounding name at least.
I do expect them to be leaving the walls given the whole 'expedition force' thing, but yeah, probably not making the trek to Asia any time soon, plot-wise.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:51   Link #53
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Man that was one violent flashback. Just where did Eren learn that stuff?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:58   Link #54
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man that was one violent flashback. Just where did Eren learn that stuff?
Living in the outer wall. The outerwall that got destroyed was poverty zone.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:02   Link #55
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Little Eren killing reminded me to this.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:15   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I don't think some people understand what Deviants/Abnormals really are...they are Titans that show either abilities and physiology different than regular titans (Colossal and Armored Titans for example) or Titans that exhibit odd behavior, some of which actually seem smarter than the average Titan.

So far we've only really seen 4 Abnormal Titans:
The Colossal Titan;
The Armored Titan;
The Titan that ate Thomas (he not only seemed to be able to jump farther and faster than normal Titans but he specifically aimed for where Thomas was going to be when jumping, this requires more intelligence than the average Titan);
The Titan Mikasa killed (he showed no interest in soldiers which were harder prey and instead charged head on toward a large group of civilians, easy prey...this also requires a bit higher level of intelligence than normal Titans).

The Titans that took out Eren's Squad were average Titans, they didn't so much show intelligence but rather acted on instinct and reacted to their movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Living in the outer wall. The outerwall that got destroyed was poverty zone.
Not really, there doesn't seem to be that much of a different between the area they are in now (Trost) and where they used to live (Shiganshima). The only real difference seems to happen between everywhere else and the central area where the nobles are.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:25   Link #57
Iron Maw
Ba'al Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't think some people understand what Deviants/Abnormals really are...they are Titans that show either abilities and physiology different than regular titans (Colossal and Armored Titans for example) or Titans that exhibit odd behavior, some of which actually seem smarter than the average Titan.
To be fair the show has barely started explaining this. Episode 5 just gave us the basic rundown of them and that was pretty much it.

Speaking of this, I was surprised how they died. Titans just... melt, I think this gives credence that they maybe manmade bio weapons of some sort.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post

Personally, I find it rather hard to swallow, even given the fantasy setting, that a child would immediately fly into some murderous rage like that, so my main reaction to that scene was skepticism of that characterization/plot point.
Considering the reactions of his dad and Police I don't it is characterization issue, it's very much intentional.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:26   Link #58
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
To be fair the show has barely started explaining this. Episode 5 just gave us the basic rundown of them and that was pretty much it.

Speaking of this, I was surprised how they died. Titans just... melt, I think this gives credence that they maybe manmade bio weapons of some sort.
I'm actually going by the information given in the anime anyway.

And yea...I love how they melt when they die, reminds me of enemies in a video game.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:27   Link #59
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So far we've only really seen 4 Abnormal Titans:
I think the one that went all Jaws on Eren's leg was an abnormal too. I don't think the regular ones would do that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:31   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I think the one that went all Jaws on Eren's leg was an abnormal too. I don't think the regular ones would do that.
Maybe, though he could have just been reacting to Eren passing by.

One thing is for sure...Santa Claus Titan was pretty damn brain-dead so he's not one xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.