AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-11, 22:10   Link #41
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, but I think this double-standard is sort of at issue...

Kyousuke is flirting with Kuroneko and Manami, and it's as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of Kirino's concern.

But suddenly Kirino insinuates that she has a boyfriend, and he's all up in her business, despite claiming it's her choice. Not to mention his horrible attitude towards the guy she ostensibly chose.

So it's like Kirino is supposed to consider Kyousuke's feelings, but he considers himself exempt from considering her feelings about who he spends his time with. Is it just because he's the older sibling and a boy, and she's the younger sibling and a girl?

The message that Kirino was sending at the end was that she feels the same way as Kyousuke does, and that is the point that Kyousuke totally wasn't understanding until the end. So in the end, I sort of do think he was at least partly responsible for the fight, even though the methods Kirino chose to make her point caused problems.
To be fair, in his opinions, he care for her - not vice versa, she hates him, always hate him. Thus their situation is not exactly the same. Of course, because we knew that didnt mean he does too. He still dont understand Kirino at this point.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:16   Link #42
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Quote:
Yeah, but I think this double-standard is sort of at issue...

Kyousuke is flirting with Kuroneko and Manami, and it's as if there's nothing wrong with that and it's none of Kirino's concern.

But suddenly Kirino insinuates that she has a boyfriend, and he's all up in her business, despite claiming it's her choice. Not to mention his horrible attitude towards the guy she ostensibly chose.

So it's like Kirino is supposed to consider Kyousuke's feelings, but he considers himself exempt from considering her feelings about who he spends his time with. Is it just because he's the older sibling and a boy, and she's the younger sibling and a girl?

The message that Kirino was sending at the end was that she feels the same way as Kyousuke does, and that is the point that Kyousuke totally wasn't understanding until the end. So in the end, I sort of do think he was at least partly responsible for the fight, even though the methods Kirino chose to make her point caused problems.
Pretty much yes, because he's the older sibling and she's the younger the sibling. It's pretty much like I said, it's only natural that the big brother worries about the little sister and who they go out with, rather than the other way around. That of course wasn't the case, but could the anime have made Kyousuke look to be the bad guy any more? I easily agree, the things he did do, he got what he deserved. The things Kirino did, she gets away with it, making Kyousuke the bad guy and graudally increasing my frustration that Kyousuke didn't stand up for himself, obviously i'm not talking about "hitting" her back as some people keep bringing up, but a good speaking too would have been nice and justified. And brothers and sisters do get good speaking too's from one another when they are annoyed/angry before anyone decides that talking down to a family member isn't what a brother would do, because they do, trust me, I know from experience.

But sure, when you put it way you did, I can accept that. As long as some people can understand that Kyousuke isn't fully at fault here and that Kirino shares the blame for the outcome of the events that unfolded whereas the anime makes it look like it's all Kyousuke, then I can at least sleep a happy man today.

Last edited by DXMichael; 2013-05-11 at 22:35.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:25   Link #43
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.
i dont know what kind of liberal country you are from but in East Asia culture. It is rude for member of the lower place in the family to talk back to their superior, let alone slapping. Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses. Kirino action is already on bitch level and unacceptable and deserve punishment.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:28   Link #44
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses.
In the 40s and 50s, maybe. Nowadays, if you so much as hint at even spanking your child there will be a line forming of people who want to brand you as a child abuser.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:32   Link #45
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ruri and Kirino both love Kyosuke very much, but the big difference is that Ruri is honest with her feelings =03. It’s been long enough, and all that Kyo has done for her, Kiri still treats him like shit. And Kyo…I just don’t understand him. Your sister treats you like garbage, yet you continue to love her unconditionally. That’s what an older brother SHOULD do, right? But even so, there’s a boundary that shows you that she doesn’t appreciate your actions. Key word is show. When someone doesn’t show you that they are appreciated, you leave them alone until they do. Ruri always straightforwardly shows her appreciation, and that’s why she’s a more favored character for me.

The whole concept of Kyo getting ‘jealous’ of Kirino having a boyfriend was undoubtedly creepy to me; and creepy is very seldom a word I use to describe such things. I hope now the story can start to focus a bit more on Kyoruri(and the game club) over Kiri.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:34   Link #46
eiyuu99

Kyouske has to handle a tsuntsun sister and did many things for her, including claiming himself a siscon to save her relationship with another person, it showed he is concerned for her wellbeing (which include protecting his middle school sister from potential predators).

I don't recall seeing her helping him in any degree so yes, there is a double standard.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:38   Link #47
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
i dont know what kind of liberal country you are from but in East Asia culture. It is rude for member of the lower place in the family to talk back to their superior, let alone slapping. Also i believe even in the english culture there is a saying "Spare a rod, spoil the child? When kid even dare to waste their food they get caned in their asses. Kirino action is already on bitch level and unacceptable and deserve punishment.
As someone live is East Asia for his entire life, i can tell you that : yes, it's rude to talk back to their superior. However, lower place usually mean childrent agaist parent, It's less so between sibling. Also, the same standard said that the older sibling is responsible to take care of their younger one, which Kyousuke failed for the last 3 years. He didnt correct her sooner, what right does he have now?
Old 2013-05-11, 22:42   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In the end, I think Kyousuke is already winning the battle with Kirino little by little, so I don't think he really needs to change his strategy. Sure, they have fights, and Kirino doesn't always play fair, but just think of how much closer they are at the end of this episode compared to where they started this whole story. What they need to do is finally be able to understand each other, and he's not going to make her understand forcefully. So I think Kyousuke's strategy, painful though it may be to watch from his point of view, is paying off. And I think we do see glimpses from Kirino's point of view (and we saw one this episode) where his behaviour is no less of a mystery to her than hers is to him. If it weren't for her being willing to show her feelings, even if a roundabout way, they'd still be in the middle of the "cold war" they were to start with. As much as it may not seem that way, she has warmed up a lot (going from basically ignoring someone's existence, to actively pulling a major stunt to get someone's attention and affection).

I'm not saying this justifies her behaviour, but I think the big problem is mostly that some people have less patience than Kyousuke does, and less of a desire to make things work than he has.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:08   Link #49
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
And I think we do see glimpses from Kirino's point of view (and we saw one this episode) where his behaviour is no less of a mystery to her than hers is to him. If it weren't for her being willing to show her feelings, even if a roundabout way, they'd still be in the middle of the "cold war" they were to start with. As much as it may not seem that way, she has warmed up a lot (going from basically ignoring someone's existence, to actively pulling a major stunt to get someone's attention and affection).
I'm not sure about it. Kyousuke always strike me as a straight forward type, his action rarely have any special meaning. Why does she think of that as a mystery?
Old 2013-05-11, 23:29   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
I'm not sure about it. Kyousuke always strike me as a straight forward type, his action rarely have any special meaning. Why does she think of that as a mystery?
Well, she certainly doesn't have all the insight we do into Kyousuke's inner thoughts and actions; it sure would be interesting to spend an episode seeing everything from her perspective. Plus, as someone who tends to lace her actions with double-meanings, perhaps she's just mistrustful and always seeing hidden meanings that aren't there? And, beyond that, there's also the issue of where they started before Episode 1. I think somehow in the back of her mind there's still this message telling her "he really doesn't love me". Think of her comments on the stairs back in Episode 5.

For whatever reason, I just don't think she can believe in the sincerity/straightforwardness of his actions, or she keeps seeing things that appear to contradict it.

But then again, I'm not even sure that it's so clear to all of us in the audience what exactly Kyousuke wants from his relationship with Kirino either, even having the benefit of many of his thoughts. I don't even know if he fully knows. His "siscon" waters are a bit difficult to chart.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:30   Link #51
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

Shiro-neko, my soul was not ready

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:40   Link #52
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Well, she certainly doesn't have all the insight we do into Kyousuke's inner thoughts and actions; it sure would be interesting to spend an episode seeing everything from her perspective. Plus, as someone who tends to lace her actions with double-meanings, perhaps she's just mistrustful and always seeing hidden meanings that aren't there? And, beyond that, there's also the issue of where they started before Episode 1. I think somehow in the back of her mind there's still this message telling her "he really doesn't love me". Think of her comments on the stairs back in Episode 5.
I think its more along the lines of "if he hated me once, he will hate me again".
In better terms, I think she is afraid of losing him again, which is why she doesn't want to fully open up to him(hence the tsun tsun) if he's going to hypothetically leave her for another girl. I find it hilarious that they are so similar to each other yet they don't understand each other. I guess the quote "The one most closest to you is the one most mysterious to you." summarizes the two of them well.
Off topic, but I do find it amazing that two similar characters(Kuroneko and Kirino) ended up being the considered the "Savior" and "Desecrator" respectively of the series, outside of Japan at the very least. :/

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-05-11 at 23:52.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:41   Link #53
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

When Kyousuke's dad got drunk and went on a rampage, I imagined Gendou doing the same thing. I was rolling on floor laughing my arse off. Thing are progressing lightning fast as usual, but shironeko was totally worth it.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:43   Link #54
taichi-kun

Uhhhh It must be hard to see your middle school sister with a boyfriend(even worse if he has your age).Thank god I'll never experience that.

so, all this mess because kiririn was jealous?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:47   Link #55
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:

For whatever reason, I just don't think she can believe in the sincerity/straightforwardness of his actions, or she keeps seeing things that appear to contradict it.

But then again, I'm not even sure that it's so clear to all of us in the audience what exactly Kyousuke wants from his relationship with Kirino either, even having the benefit of many of his thoughts. I don't even know if he fully knows. His "siscon" waters are a bit difficult to chart.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-12 at 00:03. Reason: All comparisons must be behind spoiler tags
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:06   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
so, all this mess because kiririn was jealous?
Well, and he rejected her in a particularly cold way after their "fake date", and sort of implied that he didn't care who she dated. She gets aggravated by who she sees him spend time with, and she thinks he should feel the same way if he really loves her.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:25   Link #57
jasonhan416

Light Novel comparison:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Light Novel Comparison images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-12 at 02:43. Reason: added spoiler tags for the comparison
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 01:29   Link #58
GVN.Chaos

By the way, anyone have any idea what does Kirino mean when she said 'It's too late'? The whole incident is still savagable, so what did she talking about?
Old 2013-05-12, 01:43   Link #59
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
By the way, anyone have any idea what does Kirino mean when she said 'It's too late'? The whole incident is still savagable, so what did she talking about?
As in he should've told her his real feelings sooner. That way they could've avoided this whole charade.

Last edited by ApathyEcstasy; 2013-05-12 at 01:57.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 02:41   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It is theoretically impossible to say no to a confession like that.

Especially with a HanaKana voice. Especially with a HanaKana voice.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote