AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-12, 02:42   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was one busy episode. As to the sibling situation, can't say I'd put up with the same level of crap that Kyousuke does. Sometimes you just have to find a proper distance. While you love your sibling, sometimes you just can't be around them without risking going insane. But of course I'm not living in an anime, so what do I know ?

Some good moments for a variety of girls. Though the shot at the end from Kuroneko was pretty good. Finally just outright said what she needed to say here. Sometimes just have to go all out with the direct approach.
Old 2013-05-12, 03:49   Link #62
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
The idea of using violence on a fictional female character when she deserves it never really crossed my mind . . . until I watched this episode.

Dunno why
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 04:02   Link #63
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
I'm not sure about it. Kyousuke always strike me as a straight forward type, his action rarely have any special meaning. Why does she think of that as a mystery?
I don't like Kirino and I don't like this show, but I respectfully disagree. Kyousuke is the biggest enigma of the entire show. You never know what he's really thinking. He could be in love with sister, or he may just dot on her unhealthily. He's often upset for reasons he himself cannot decipher and then is spurred into action by random impulses.

The only thing I am pretty clear on about Kyousuke is that he genuinely cares about his relationship with Kirino. However, how he ultimately views that relationship is extremely vague. It's uncertain how he really sees their relationship since he always lies about hating his sister. One of the most telling scenes was last episode when he explained in his fake boyfriend persona all of Kirino's attractive qualities (That wasn't fake praise). The problem is if Kyousuke sees Kirino as more than just a sister. How he handles Kuroneko's confession could go many ways and that's the scary part about all of this. Kyousuke's intentions in this show are quite elusive, and for me quite aggravating.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 04:20   Link #64
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't like Kirino and I don't like this show, but I respectfully disagree. Kyousuke is the biggest enigma of the entire show. You never know what he's really thinking. He could be in love with sister, or he may just dot on her unhealthily. He's often upset for reasons he himself cannot decipher and then is spurred into action by random impulses.

The only thing I am pretty clear on about Kyousuke is that he genuinely cares about his relationship with Kirino. However, how he ultimately views that relationship is extremely vague. It's uncertain how he really sees their relationship since he always lies about hating his sister. One of the most telling scenes was last episode when he explained in his fake boyfriend persona all of Kirino's attractive qualities (That wasn't fake praise). The problem is if Kyousuke sees Kirino as more than just a sister. How he handles Kuroneko's confession could go many ways and that's the scary part about all of this. Kyousuke's intentions in this show are quite elusive, and for me quite aggravating.
Lol his intentions are elusive to himself as well. It's not that you are having trouble grasping him. It's that he doesn't grasp himself either.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 04:33   Link #65
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
The idea of using violence on a fictional female character when she deserves it never really crossed my mind . . . until I watched this episode.

Dunno why
How about a round of Baka to test and see if you want to hit a yandere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

You misunderstood me. What i meant to say is, usually (not always) he meant exactly what he said. No special, hidden meaning or whatever.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 05:54   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Ok.... episode 6 gives me ideas that this a "harem".....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:18   Link #67
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
How about a round of Baka to test and see if you want to hit a yandere

You misunderstood me. What i meant to say is, usually (not always) he meant exactly what he said. No special, hidden meaning or whatever.
I never thought I'd be crazy for yandere girls (no pun intended), but if ayase counts as yandere, then I guess I'm hooked.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 09:02   Link #68
kentasaiba

I missed the
"Kyousuke: There is something behind her back! It's a knife! She is a Yandere, it have to be knife!"
line
Old 2013-05-12, 09:49   Link #69
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, and he rejected her in a particularly cold way after their "fake date", and sort of implied that he didn't care who she dated. She gets aggravated by who she sees him spend time with, and she thinks he should feel the same way if he really loves her.
yeah that too

Honestly I don't understand kirino and kyousuke feelings anymore.Just go to a love hotel and cut the bullshit(?)

That scene with saori was a bit disjointed
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 09:57   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
If he was a "man" and just struck back at his little sister, all it does it drive the two farther apart. It might even send Kirino down a road nearing something like a delinquent's.

Is this how you solve your personal problems? Just smack da bitch who's talking back to me and show them who's the man? Sounds real mature and intelligent, man.
I never suggested he should hit her. Is that your idea of what being a man is? Strange values you have. Read the post right above yours. There are plenty of ways to solve that kind of problem, letting yourself get hit and insulted is not one of them. It just makes things worse. There's this wonderful thing we call TALKING that could help mend things. They need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Kirino needs to be taught she can't treat her older brother that way. Would you seriously let your sister act like Kirino does toward you?

At the end of the day, I'd say they just need to stop acting tsunderes and be more honest with their feelings. That would resolve a lot of misunderstandings.
Old 2013-05-12, 11:02   Link #71
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never suggested he should hit her. Is that your idea of what being a man is? Strange values you have. Read the post right above yours. There are plenty of ways to solve that kind of problem, letting yourself get hit and insulted is not one of them. It just makes things worse. There's this wonderful thing we call TALKING that could help mend things. They need to sit down and have a heart to heart talk. Kirino needs to be taught she can't treat her older brother that way. Would you seriously let your sister act like Kirino does toward you?

At the end of the day, I'd say they just need to stop acting tsunderes and be more honest with their feelings. That would resolve a lot of misunderstandings.
You don't get a good heart to heart talk when both parties are still clearly incensed for one reason or another. You get one by backing down and calming down a little until you can speak rationally again. Otherwise you'll get an argument, not a heart to heart talk.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:30   Link #72
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I never really liked Kyousuke that much but in this episode he really set a new low for me.

I've seen a lot of people here put themselves in his place and take his defense, but why don't you try to put yourself in the boyfriend place?

Try to picture the situation. You are invited by your cute girlfriend to her house to meet her family. You are amiably talking to her mother and all goes well. Then... your girlfriend's brother enter the scene and the first thing he has to say is: "Dude that's my seat."

No, seriously... seriously?! And that's just the beginning, because he then keeps acting like a total douche. Honestly now, what would you do, if you were in that situation?

I'd want to punch the guy, and really hard. So how can you say that Kirino shouldn't have slapped him? He deserved that.

At least Kyousuke later redeems himself a bit recognizing that he's been a true asshole, but he still acted like a total siscon anyway and I certainly wouldn't like that.
Again try to picture your girlfriend's brother telling you that you need to have his approval before you can date his sister.

That being said it's not like Kirino acted much better than he, but at least she didn't bully Kuroneko like kyousuke did with mikagami.

I just feel very sorry for Kuroneko now, it's already obvious that it will never work out due to Kyousuke being a total siscon.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:37   Link #73
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I didn't really misunderstand you. His declarations to everybody about disliking his sister, etc. What he says is not necessarily true, and he often has trouble being honest.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:52   Link #74
Marina2

Kyousuke is an idiot.....

He could just call Ayase and tell her about Kirino will go out with a man. Ayase will easily end this problem for him.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-05-12 at 13:38.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 12:59   Link #75
kentasaiba

Ayase kills Mikagami and goes to prison
Kirinos next boyfriend - who will solve the next one?
Old 2013-05-12, 13:24   Link #76
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Kyousuke tell a new boyfriend about what happen to Kirino's old boyfriend and tell him that Ayase just broke out from a prison after he told her (when he went to visit her at a prison) that Kirino has new boyfriend again
Old 2013-05-12, 19:08   Link #77
GundamZZ
残念美人

The talk about an anime called "Little Witch". I wonder what he's talking about. I only heard about a gal game company called Little Witch.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 19:09   Link #78
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The talk about an anime called "Little Witch". I wonder what he's talking about. I only heard about a gal game company called Little Witch.
Sally the Witch is what he's talking about, I believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 19:13   Link #79
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
I guess guys who'd smack their little sisters for being bitchy or mean don't have REAL little sisters. I have one and if she'd smack me, well shit... take it like a man. She's your LITTLE SISTER and you're the OLDER BROTHER. Maybe talk some sense into her but violence is always the last refuge of the incompetent.

Anyhow, great episode. Drama drama drama... seems like the story is finally moving on. As always, AYASE for the win! I'd love to uhh... well, she's probably gonna be real wild in err... handcuffs and all that.

Ruri's climbing up my ladder fast. Taking over the 2nd spot from PLAIN GIRL-SAN. Ayase still numero uno.
I knew girl who would hit and punch when she got angry at you and she was 19 at the time. I was so embarrassed to be near her. Anytime I did something she didn't like I would get a swift kick in public. I had to tell her to use her words, like how you are taught in kindergarten. Shows signs of mental and social immaturity.

My brother would not take this kind of shit that Kirino is taking out on Kyousuke. It starts to become really unbelievable at times.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 20:26   Link #80
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Ayase will just kill both Mikagami and Kirino. Problem solved...