AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 17:24   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmmm........what if Barty actually tried to save the audience while saving himself as well? You know, like he's viewed as an ass and acts like one but he is secretly a good guy with another weird personality.

I doubt this'll happen but it would be interesting if it did xD

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:11   Link #22
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Mad respect for Kingy. He packed a real punch and destroyed the endlessly annoying (and supremely ugly) Blue Gilly, not to mention every else left...expect for Barty of course. edit: I predict Barty is working for/with...Buggy! I base this entirely on the awful pants Barty is wearing...
Hmm interesting theory about the connection to Buggy. I don't know if he would work under Buggy, but I do think Buggy is being represented... By Richie!

I wonder how Luffy or anyone else will break down Bart's power. It confused me a little how Bellamy was able to grab him, but not hit him.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 18:21   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Great chapter. So now we've got Burgess and Bartolomeo advancing on. The Barrier fruit really is a solid defensive tool (flawlessly protecting against the King's punch is a testament to that). It practically makes the user untouchable, however Bartolomeo can't get too relaxed with it. But the highlight of this chapter for me was Franky about to discover the truth and history behind Dressrosa.
Old 2013-05-15, 20:39   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
http://i10.mangapanda.com/one-piece/706/one-piece-4068109.jpg

WOW, were the Panda guys way off on some of those titles. For instance, I clearly recall Suleiman was supposed to be a war criminal, not an army commander. I truly pity the poor souls who actually take the Panda translations as fact......

Anyways, I reread the current chapter, and noticed something interesting: Ricky actually had the energy to get back up and attempt to block Elizabello's punch with his sword, despite getting beaten by Gilly earlier. You can even see his sword breaking in two in the spread where the punch is unleashed. I've gotta say, the dude really is one tough old timer if he still managed to get back up so soon after his defeat. Makes me even more interested in learning his past......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 23:24   Link #25
grey_1960
Baby 5

Chapter 708
That was a good chapter. I thought Bartolomeo would be powerful but he is actually one of the weakest in the B group. Robin could easily take him on. Looks like the C block is the strongest followed by D block then the B. I hope Franky will be cautious with this puppet.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 00:36   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 708
That was a good chapter. I thought Bartolomeo would be powerful but he is actually one of the weakest in the B group. Robin could easily take him on. Looks like the C block is the strongest followed by D block then the B. I hope Franky will be cautious with this puppet.
Depending on how his powers work, you could be completely correct. To be fair, certain powers just work really well against certain other powers (or family/genus types of powers). Under the right conditions, Robin could defeat quite a few troublesome opponents (she was once an assassin after all).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 00:50   Link #27
grey_1960
Baby 5

^Is it the Man or the Fruit that makes the bounty?
His powers are best at repelling blows. But if someone grabs him like Bellamy did then he can't seem to stand up to them. The key is not to use physical force on him. It does not work on him. Grabbing him and squeezing him unconscious or destroying the ground he stands on is the only thing that will work. Without the devil fruit he seems just has weak has Ganbia The Missionary. The question is can Bartolomeo use is barrier for both defense and offense at the same time or can the barrier only be used for one thing at a time? What affects will it have on Luffy since he is immune to blunt force? Will Haki work on his barrier? For now grabbing him is the most affective solution. Smoker would be another excellent person against him.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-05-16 at 01:04.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 02:13   Link #28
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

damn, and I was so sure that ricky will be able to beat Bartolomeo in a manly fashion

and yet he was easily defeated by a weirdo using a speedo
Old 2013-05-16, 02:13   Link #29
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Chapter 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Depending on how his powers work, you could be completely correct. To be fair, certain powers just work really well against certain other powers (or family/genus types of powers). Under the right conditions, Robin could defeat quite a few troublesome opponents (she was once an assassin after all).
If that is actually true then i think it would make it more likely as a possible Strawhat candidate in future imo.

I think he has some power and probably can use Haki as well, but probably his DF is his strongest asset.
Old 2013-05-16, 02:55   Link #30
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Barty as next nakama? Oh please no, his face is annoying :|

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 07:01   Link #31
bonsobon

So Bartolomeo won the B block battle. No real surprises there, he was always the favourite. His ability is interesting but not infallible as Bellamy found out. As for it being able to stand up to haki I don't see why not, based on current evidence. After all he did defeat Maynard and as we all know vice-admirals can use haki. There's no reason to suggest Maynard didn't use it when his normal attacks weren't working.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 14:03   Link #32
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I have to wonder what the limitations of Bartelomeo's fruit power is. As seemingly invincible of a defense as it appears, there has to be a way to get around it aside from sea water/stone. I guess Haki may be able to disrupt it like logia powers.
I'm saying that for him to create the barriers them selfs hewould have to cross his fingers or arms for them to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I can't imagine that those barriers will hold up against a barrage of haki-reinforced punches. And even if they do to some degree, it wouldn't hurt Luffy because of the haki armor+rubber protection.

At any rate, Bartolomeo won the block as expected, the way he was introduced kinda foreshadowed that.
Which means it's finally time for Luffy to participate, this should be good. Will he take it easy or go all-out? Will he try to stay incognito or give himself away somehow? How is he going to deal with the Don? (who is gunning for him so taking it easy probably isn't an option anyway) Can't wait to see what will happen, and how he will inevitably shock the crowd!
What if he can also Haki armour his barriers? If Luffy can do it to his arms why couldn't Barto do it to his Barriers?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 18:28   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I hope Franky will be cautious with this puppet.
Yeah, I also wonder if this puppet is being genuine or playing Franky for a fool.
Old 2013-05-16, 22:42   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What if he can also Haki armour his barriers? If Luffy can do it to his arms why couldn't Barto do it to his Barriers?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. If Barto can reinforce his barriers with haki, that may add a layer of versatility to his ability. I'm also wondering if he can condense the size of his barriers so he can protect specific areas of his body? Like in case he actually manages to wise up against grappler-types like Robin or Burgess? For example, maybe he can form a smaller barrier around his torso to prevent his foes from grabbing him or something. I dunno if that's possible for him, but that would be interesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Barty as next nakama? Oh please no, his face is annoying :|

Hehahahahahah
Old 2013-05-17, 16:35   Link #35
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. If Barto can reinforce his barriers with haki, that may add a layer of versatility to his ability. I'm also wondering if he can condense the size of his barriers so he can protect specific areas of his body? Like in case he actually manages to wise up against grappler-types like Robin or Burgess? For example, maybe he can form a smaller barrier around his torso to prevent his foes from grabbing him or something. I dunno if that's possible for him, but that would be interesting.....
IIRC I think he was able to make more the one barrier. When he did his barrier crash attack it showed 3-4 barriers flying at the king or that could have been thesound effect. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make smaller barriers but does sound like a good idea that he can do. I wonder who is he working for as I want him to be working for one of the super novas. Like the mafia guy as I like his ablity.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 00:54   Link #36
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Damn the old dude got eliminated :/ I actually bought into him being the legendary gladiator statue guy
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 07:46   Link #37
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Damn the old dude got eliminated :/ I actually bought into him being the legendary gladiator statue guy
Actually, that's who I think he is. It's just that he got too old to be able to fight in the Colosseum.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:33   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, he's obviously the legendary gladiator. There are still many ways he could play an active role in this arc in spite of his loss in the tournament.
Old 2013-05-18, 16:49   Link #39
marvelB

Putting aside the tournament talk for a bit, I was once again contemplating the new "theme" Oda may have going for the new admirals. I remember Aohige bringing up the Nue theory shortly after Fujitora appeared. And while I like that idea myself (mainly because I want to see that "tanuki" admiral), something else occurred to me a bit more recently:

I was wondering since Fujitora is the "tiger" admiral, perhaps there's a "dragon" admiral to serve as his counterpart? I ask this because I'm aware that in East Asian cultures, the tiger and dragon symbolize yin and yang, respectively. So I think it would be interesting that there would be a wilder, more impulsive admiral out there in contrast to the calmer, more observant Fujitora. Again, not like I've given up on the Nue theory, but I do think it's something interesting to consider.....
Old 2013-05-18, 17:44   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I was wondering since Fujitora is the "tiger" admiral, perhaps there's a "dragon" admiral to serve as his counterpart? I ask this because I'm aware that in East Asian cultures, the tiger and dragon symbolize yin and yang, respectively. So I think it would be interesting that there would be a wilder, more impulsive admiral out there in contrast to the calmer, more observant Fujitora. Again, not like I've given up on the Nue theory, but I do think it's something interesting to consider.....
Very true. The colour green would also fit with the Dragon admiral. Fujitora and the Dragon admiral would represent the yin and yang, respectively, while Kizaru would still remain the "balanced"/ "in-between" admiral as he was pre-skip.