AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-02, 15:53   Link #61
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The simple answer is popularity. Index isn't that popular enough to be license in english which is unlike railgun manga.

I know railgun manga is popular because I bought one when I visit hongkong and even in local store where I bought my manga. you can have a reservation for it.

I'm telling you. Its easier to sell characters that shows a lot of girls. Be it cute or sexy. Harem is in boon! and ecchi stuff are the current trend.

Let me ask you. In the current novel that are keep on showing up. Name a few novel that doesn't have ecchi and harem theme on it.

which is sad
I agree with you on that. Though I wouldn't need any of that to keep reading them myself

And you are right about that... I can't don't do well with browsing in cons because I don't like going just for moe stuff... or moe stuff much at all actually. I prefer Character development to moe stuff. Though... moe stuff + character development stuff is fine as long as their is a good story.

Index doesn't compromise the character development ever so I don't mind.

When I say character development: I mean letting us have a very vivid picture of a character and constantly revealing more details all of the time. I don't just mean having a character change over time.

Kamachi does both things and has his characters change slowly, but he also has great descriptions of who they are.

I understand that most people who read manga/ watch anime like cute moe girls... but in terms of SAO people liked that because of how badass the girl characters were right? Not because they were weak or whatever... SAO had good animation, a pretty good story, and just had a fascinating concept. From what I saw earlier, you didn't really like SAO but I rather liked it because it seemed like it was pretty different from other things I had seen before.

Index has a very different style from SAO and focuses on the details. SAO relies on the coolness factor to have its popularity.

Index in NT 7 kind of did just that... (a little bit).

SAO had a cool and amazing world... well Index has a larger, arguably cooler, and much more detailed world. Why wouldn't that be better and more appealing to the public? I feel like the reason SAO is popular should apply to Index as well. If you say it's because of the hot girl characters... then that means SAO is popular for a pretty stupid reason IMO.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:05   Link #62
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I agree with you on that. Though I wouldn't need any of that to keep reading them myself

And you are right about that... I can't don't do well with browsing in cons because I don't like going just for moe stuff... or moe stuff much at all actually. I prefer Character development to moe stuff. Though... moe stuff + character development stuff is fine as long as their is a good story.

Index doesn't compromise the character development ever so I don't mind.

When I say character development: I mean letting us have a very vivid picture of a character and constantly revealing more details all of the time. I don't just mean having a character change over time.

Kamachi does both things and has his characters change slowly, but he also has great descriptions of who they are.

I understand that most people who read manga/ watch anime like cute moe girls... but in terms of SAO people liked that because of how badass the girl characters were right? Not because they were weak or whatever... SAO had good animation, a pretty good story, and just had a fascinating concept. From what I saw earlier, you didn't really like SAO but I rather liked it because it seemed like it was pretty different from other things I had seen before.

Index has a very different style from SAO and focuses on the details. SAO relies on the coolness factor to have its popularity.

Index in NT 7 kind of did just that... (a little bit).

SAO had a cool and amazing world... well Index has a larger, arguably cooler, and much more detailed world. Why wouldn't that be better and more appealing to the public? I feel like the reason SAO is popular should apply to Index as well. If you say it's because of the hot girl characters... then that means SAO is popular for a pretty stupid reason IMO.
wouldn't be surprised if thats the true reason SAO is popular here imo, most of the people i seen that likes anime are mostly in it for the gorgeous/moe looking/hot looking characters and its about the main reason they watch it. in my personal opinion i liked SAO until it went to the romantic department where i completly droped it and got bored because i felt the story was focusing too much on the romance rather then the plot and kiroto could have possibly been one of my favourite characters especially if he had tagged along with "Klein" who i felt was the most interesting of all the characters because i wanted to know the journey hes been through and what has happened to him the past two years in sword art online then rather having seen just camoa of him.
Goldzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:11   Link #63
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
wouldn't be surprised if thats the true reason SAO is popular here imo, most of the people i seen that likes anime are mostly in it for the gorgeous/moe looking/hot looking characters and its about the main reason they watch it. in my personal opinion i liked SAO until it went to the romantic department where i completly droped it and got bored because i felt the story was focusing too much on the romance rather then the plot and kiroto could have possibly been one of my favourite characters especially if he had tagged along with "Klein" who i felt was the most interesting of all the characters because i wanted to know the journey hes been through and what has happened to him the past two years in sword art online then rather having seen just camoa of him.
Well IMO. I understand that the romance became pretty heavy. But I actually really liked that aspect of SAO. I watch Rom-coms a lot... They are usually my favorite genre in addition to Shonen and on occasion Slice of life which makes my tastes rather strange

So anyway... Kirito was interesting because he was a main character that like Touma took things onto himself. He worked alone (kind of like Touma actually) but unlike Touma had some very different attributes. Kirito is very high on my list of favorite characters of all time.

Also, I understand that hot girls are usually enough to get you to watch an anime. But you usually need a good plot, story, animation, or music to get someone to continue watching after the very beginning of it.

That's why I'm not so sure about why Index isn't so popular.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:25   Link #64
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well IMO. I understand that the romance became pretty heavy. But I actually really liked that aspect of SAO. I watch Rom-coms a lot... They are usually my favorite genre in addition to Shonen and on occasion Slice of life which makes my tastes rather strange

So anyway... Kirito was interesting because he was a main character that like Touma took things onto himself. He worked alone (kind of like Touma actually) but unlike Touma had some very different attributes. Kirito is very high on my list of favorite characters of all time.

Also, I understand that hot girls are usually enough to get you to watch an anime. But you usually need a good plot, story, animation, or music to get someone to continue watching after the very beginning of it.

That's why I'm not so sure about why Index isn't so popular.
it has a solid fanbase here in western fanbase since i know allot of people do recognize touma character "plus" it normally gets pretty high score in ranking in websites like anime planet and myanimelist with the characters staying in top 400 rankings of favorite including the manga usually being ranked in top 100 or 200 in manga websites. but yeah i wish index and railgun was much more popular here.
Goldzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:38   Link #65
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Okay, seems like everyone is getting off tracks here, lol

Anyway, I have a question, can someone give me a run down on what exactly is Project Code EIC in Shopping Mall Demonstration? With school, I don't think I will have the time to read it, and there's no page on the wiki, so my bits of knowledge come from hearsays. What the project is, how does it work, who are the instigators, how it ended, etc.
allfictions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:09   Link #66
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
you didn't really like SAO but I rather liked it because it seemed like it was pretty different from other things I had seen before.
I don't like SAO because Kirito has always been in convenient state for the plot.

two sword, he turn into fucking monster instead of simple illusion. use a fucking light saber (even if its cool) in a gun game. And most of the fucking of all.

WHO THE FUCK BEATS THE GAME MASTER AND REJECTS THE PROGRAM THAT SAID YOUR DEAD!!! YOUR HP IS ZERO!!

ITS 0 and 1 and no imaginary numbers ins SAO for darn SAKE!!!!

While I like Sugu, I just can't stomach some glaring events
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:10   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Guys, this isn't a thread for discussions.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:07   Link #68
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't like SAO because Kirito has always been in convenient state for the plot.

two sword, he turn into fucking monster instead of simple illusion. use a fucking light saber (even if its cool) in a gun game. And most of the fucking of all.

WHO THE FUCK BEATS THE GAME MASTER AND REJECTS THE PROGRAM THAT SAID YOUR DEAD!!! YOUR HP IS ZERO!!

ITS 0 and 1 and no imaginary numbers ins SAO for darn SAKE!!!!

While I like Sugu, I just can't stomach some glaring events
i never really gotten past episode 8 or 10 i believe. im glad i stopped watching it because it went to mediocre at the last 2 episdoes i watched
Goldzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:11   Link #69
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
And nobody answers my question
allfictions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:13   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
I didn't read the Railgun SS2.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:22   Link #71
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
I see
allfictions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:36   Link #72
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I see
I did, but I'm not actually sure if it is explained. Try Index Wiki for an answer.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:56   Link #73
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I did, but I'm not actually sure if it is explained. Try Index Wiki for an answer.
That's the point: there is next to nothing on the wiki.

There's only this:
Quote:
Project EIC, which uses rumors to manpulate sales.
Quote:
After being explained how Project EIC was being used to alter people's minds, Mikoto believes they are trying to make espers, while Lessar believes that they are converting people's life force into magical power like magicians, but in the end, the person responsible for the ants was killed by the ones behind Project EIC. There was a chance they were planning to set up Academy City or attack it after using rumours started in the shopping mall, by destoying Academy City, the institutions outside of it would become the new leaders in technology and profit, at the cost of the Psychic development progam disappearing.
It seems interesting, but it's not really explained.
allfictions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:59   Link #74
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
That's the point: there is next to nothing on the wiki.

There's only this:



It seems interesting, but it's not really explained.
Oh. Nvm. I remember it. I think it was something happening just during the course of the Light Novel as an excuse to send Mikoto there. I don't think it was that important. I'll look it up and get back to you.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:43   Link #75
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
For the stab sword arc, would Lidvia have failed if Kamijou and co. did nothing?
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:59   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothBastion View Post
For the stab sword arc, would Lidvia have failed if Kamijou and co. did nothing?
Truthfully? Pretty much.

If you want to think positively, you could argue that had they not done anything to draw her attention Oriana would have noticed the fireworks and sabotaged it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:54   Link #77
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Kind of a joke question really, but I have a question:

Does anyone have any idea how Kamachi comes up with/writes what he does? I mean he works all of the time. He has the most insane storylines. They are scarily consistent on the most part, and he brings in a lot of different themes/legends into his work and interesting technological phenomena...

Just... how would he come up with it? If anyone knows if he's done an interview on this other than the one Kamachi did that can be found on the Index-wikia, I would be very grateful.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 03:54   Link #78
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Kind of a joke question really, but I have a question:

Does anyone have any idea how Kamachi comes up with/writes what he does? I mean he works all of the time. He has the most insane storylines. They are scarily consistent on the most part, and he brings in a lot of different themes/legends into his work and interesting technological phenomena...

Just... how would he come up with it? If anyone knows if he's done an interview on this other than the one Kamachi did that can be found on the Index-wikia, I would be very grateful.
Only hunch I have is that he used Underline on the whole world to get his material
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 10:25   Link #79
Gray Servant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Shura over at Spacebattles found some interviews from the people who work with him awhile back.



Quote:
Title: "Kamachi-san and Me".[*]"I might not make the deadline for this manuscript, so I'm going to hole up in my room for a week. The editorial stuff can come after that."[*]"Understood. (I guess even Kamachi-san is having it tough this time. That's a relief.)"[*]~2 days later~[*]"To take a break from the manuscript, I was writing a different scenario. I ended up finishing it, so I'll be sending it in."[*]"...Okay(^ω^;)??"
Quote:
>The other day at the Dengeki Awards ceremony.[*]Kamachi-san: Can I write a continuation of ●●?[*]Miki: Sure(^^). But with all the different things you're working on now, you probably won't have time for a while (^^).[*]Kamachi-san: 'kay.[*]Three days later~[*]Kamachi-san: Finished.[*]Miki: ......(^ω^;)
Quote:
Thought it would be easy given he was a new writer, but his engine was running from the start.[*] When writing a new book, he already has the plot for the next one in mind.[*] When he said he could barely get a new book out, he has at least three books' worth of plot.[*] One would suddenly receive proposals for new characters for the new book and the next one.[*] While it was thought that he would be calmed when the animation started, he kept his usual pace while sending change proposals to the animators.[*] All illustrators and manga artists experienced fainting.[*] Because he was told "there is nothing much", the mangaka would meet Kamachi, and five minutes later would returned stuffed with drafts.[*] "If I don't meet him as much as possible, there would be no increase in work" is a misguided thought: Plans for new characters would be sent by delivery to the homes of the illustrators.[*] Even while making new characters, he is able to propose new fashion or facts of the regular characters.
Quote:
Now, I would like to ask you... around when did you start planning for the production of this film?

Around the time the TV series for "Toaru Majutsu no Index II" ended, there were several conversations that began from that time. Actually, we began to review the content for the film at around the end of 2011. First, the producer's side proposed a"song" and "festival" like theme for this film. For that, Mr. Kamachi Kazuma has help us brainstorm ideas for this film. When it comes to asking Mr. Kamachi to do something, you would always get back something quite huge in return. And this time, he even this time he submitted to us content equivalent to 2 cour (6 months) of episodes for a television show (laughs).[Notes 2] Thus, based on that, we decided to use that as our base to structure the basis of the film production.
Essentially, he's just a really hard worker.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 16:33   Link #80
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Shura over at Spacebattles found some interviews from the people who work with him awhile back.











Essentially, he's just a really hard worker.
Thanks so much!

2 cour 6 months on a television show worth of material!!!

That's ridiculous!!!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.