AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-15, 09:17   Link #41
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
But you know, this was first three episodes.
The first episode was purely awesome, it had everything Railgun should have.
Second was mostly OK, the edits to manga could have been avoided, but still ok.
Third was a bit slower with nothing much happening, but the other two should have made up for it.
And all of it was "original" material (that was not in Index)

And this makes me a bit worried, why people did not bought it, if it was ok.
Or are they only buying it as a whole? Then not even the anime original part is going to do any good.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 09:20   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Gentlemen, look at any Anime sequels over the years and you'll see that majority of them sold less than their original, this isn't exactly anything news breaking.

Only rare situations does a sequel sell more but those are usually because of special circumstances.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 09:48   Link #43
AdmirerofSatenRuiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But you know, this was first three episodes.
The first episode was purely awesome, it had everything Railgun should have.
Second was mostly OK, the edits to manga could have been avoided, but still ok.
Third was a bit slower with nothing much happening, but the other two should have made up for it.
And all of it was "original" material (that was not in Index)
The first episode is like a standalone Railgun OVA for me, it was indeed awesome. But later, with rising tension, the SOL parts really felt like silly fillers, dragging time. I must emphasize that I'm continuously comparing to season 1, so for me, it was not Railgun. Aside from Shinbou and the ITEM girls, and Saten's sniffling, I found nothing entertaining.
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:28   Link #44
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
I bet many (including myself) became fan of Railgun while watching the 1st season with it's bright atmosphere, well-developed 4 main heroines, SOL, heartwarming and perfect happy end. Railgun S brought disappointment to them. And I must mention that the little forced SOL parts felt really out-of-place, making everything even worse, degrading certain characters. Sales shows that many of said fans decided not to buy this season.
it seems likes the majority of the railgun fans liked it if you asked me but i read one of the most complains so far for this story that it was a misaka centered story mostly plus you have to relies that sales do drop in sequels majority of the time unless in rare circumstances does it rise up. even in myanimelist the rating was much higher then its orignal series with little to no complain about this franchise(im not sure of what Japanese fans are thinking but as far as i can tell the majority of the fanbase seemed pleased in my perspective).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:43   Link #45
ACertainStark
Misfortune -15C
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
I highly doubt it sold less because people wanted more of Railgun 1. It sold as expected for a sequel.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:49   Link #46
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I highly doubt it sold less because people wanted more of Railgun 1. It sold as expected for a sequel.
funny part is index season 2 sold more then season 1 even though it was much worser if you ask me(i think accelerator screen time help out with the sales)
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:51   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
funny part is index season 2 sold more then season 1 even though it was much worser if you ask me(i think accelerator screen time help out with the sales)
Index 2 sold more because the series wasn't popular until Railgun came along and generated overall interest. In some ways Index 2 was more of a sequel for the first Railgun that the first Index, and it shows.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:55   Link #48
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Index 2 sold more because the series wasn't popular until Railgun came along and generated overall interest. In some ways Index 2 was more of a sequel for the first Railgun that the first Index, and it shows.
i heard the series became quite a hit with index season 1 and started growing more popularity afterwards. i always thought it was pretty popular when index 1 became a hit.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 13:59   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i heard the series became quite a hit with index season 1 and started growing more popularity afterwards. i always thought it was pretty popular when index 1 became a hit.
It made a decent good 10k sales average on BD with very healthy LN sales.

But it wasn't until Railgun/Index 2 did it became a huge hit.

This is one of the rare cases, not the norm.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:01   Link #50
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It made a decent good 10k sales average on BD with very healthy LN sales.

But it wasn't until Railgun/Index 2 did it became a huge hit.
that is true i mean both railgun 1st season and index season 2 made the sales much better for the LN when they both aired. though sadly the LN sales at only in a good 150k or above now.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:04   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
that is true i mean both railgun 1st season and index season 2 made the sales much better for the LN when they both aired. though sadly the LN sales at only in a good 150k or above now.
What's so sad about that? Those are great numbers.

Only the best sellers would ever see those numbers and beyond.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 14:43   Link #52
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What's so sad about that? Those are great numbers.

Only the best sellers would ever see those numbers and beyond.
im not saying its that bad but index used to sell much more despite the good numbers we have right now.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:05   Link #53
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Hopefully more Index and Railgun seasons will make # of LN's sold go way way up.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 05:54   Link #54
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
New "perverted" Kuroko figure coming out soon
http://www.moeyo.com/article/43375

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 08:52   Link #55
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Damn, I want my Misaka card sleeves quickly!!
I have a whole commander deck that wants to be sleeved with Railgun sleeves
Lisemer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 23:42   Link #56
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Damn, I want my Misaka card sleeves quickly!!
I have a whole commander deck that wants to be sleeved with Railgun sleeves


Where? point me to this heaven
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:30   Link #57
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Viet Nam
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to BTDK
The second volume just sold 13,626 copies in first week, can't say "as expected" but seemingly consistent.
__________________
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 15:55   Link #58
ACertainStark
Misfortune -15C
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
The second volume just sold 13,626 copies in first week, can't say "as expected" but seemingly consistent.
And totals to: 16,008

A small drop, but yeah- it is consistent.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 17:07   Link #59
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
And totals to: 16,008

A small drop, but yeah- it is consistent.
wait railgun manga or index novel?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 17:35   Link #60
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
wait railgun manga or index novel?
Neither. These are the Railgun S Blu-Rays/DVDs.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.