AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 02:13   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Isn't that destructive, is it? You know... Tarsonis...
Technically all it does is attract Zergs; what the Zergs do from point A to there is something else.

So heroes would be saving people all the way lolz

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:18   Link #62
whitecloud

Hey...if there is hero, there will be villain, right? Who will be the villai then? The stronger and greater the number of hero then the stronger the villain, even if there is only one...who should we call..?

How about the strongest evil, angra maiyu?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:34   Link #63
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Chapter 3 has started.

This almost feels as though Kamachi broke the fourth wall.
2nd that, Kamachi's gone meta on us readers Though I find it believable that such a project (Agitate Halation) is possible, it's just advanced psychology in predicting human behaviours, while taking into account a ton of factors like personalities and available abilities/skills and so on.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:57   Link #64
aichara

Is the Agitate Halation project based on Fremea's power or she is just the center of the project?

I'm getting confused here.
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:58   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

If you count being helpless and young her power then yes.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:13   Link #66
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
“I will, but it is only her life I will be saving,” cut in Kamijou decisively. “Only one person can truly save Maika and that person isn’t me. Remember this: I will untie you, but I will become your enemy if you let Tsuchimikado die.”
I found this passage interesting, mainly because of the spoiler say that Tsuchimikado will have a false death at the end of the volume, the question remains whether the Touma will know the truth or not, and if not, he will fulfill his promise of become the enemy Kaizumi.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 06:06   Link #67
LazyHunter

The Agitate Halation project is something fitting of a Kihara given that they seem to do SCIENCE for the lulz just to see what happens. Still Kakine was taken out very easily, though maybe it was just because it was a small part of him. Hopefully he will get his comeback.

From now on the good stuff begins.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:54   Link #68
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

You know sometimes I forget how much of Academy City's bull Touma has already seen what with Sisters, Accelerator, Kazakiri, Kihara's, Fraulein etc. Quantity of time he spent involved in the darkness is lesser than most but what little he jumped in for is high quality. I probably shouldn't have been surprised when he started casually threatening Kaizumi and marching on one of the high ups. Still, part of me was "Accelerator, get the hell out of Touma."
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:21   Link #69
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Sleeping Prince

So Rensa has the power to defeat Accelerator or just even the fight?

"The silent voice within one’s heart whispers the most profound wisdom.”
Noctis Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:31   Link #70
Requiem-x
The slacking one

At the very least she can stand on equal grounds with any level 5, not so sure about being able to tackle them all head on at the same time.

Anyway, it looks like Rensa is indeed one of the biggest (rail)guns in the science side.

Oh, and

Quote:
“Just to clarify, I am not taking the Freshmen lightly or making any erroneous assumptions,” continued Rensa at a constant slow rate. “The Freshmen were only created to input set values of fear, anger, and joy into Fremea Seivelun’s mind. In other words, you were the villains who were intended to fail. From that perspective, you played the command role near perfectly. You lost perfectly.”
Ouch. I'm surprised Umidori didn't curse more.

Also, this whole project is even more stupid now. So Fremea literally just has to stand around being a loli? ... oh god, that's it, Kamachi is making the power of loli an in-series thing! IT FINALLY HAPPENED
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:37   Link #71
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I wouldn't call it stupid

But anyways, she's powerful as hell wow

Hate to see how Umidori looks after that
He did not have the deductive ability to resolve any incident from his easy chair.
He did not have the beauty to ruin a country with a smile.
He did not have the political power to change history with a snap of his fingers.
He did not have the unbelievable power of a Level 5.
But…
Nevertheless… -

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:41   Link #72
Hiss13
Lore Keeper is Best Gril

According to the novel, Rensa, in theory, should be able to beat any of the level 5s, but if anything, she should definitely be able to stand on an even playing field with any of the level 5s.

This is what I gathered based on what I got from when I skimmed through that part as I haven't fully read it...yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, this whole project is even more stupid now. So Fremea literally just has to stand around being a loli? ... oh god, that's it, Kamachi is making the power of loli an in-series thing! IT FINALLY HAPPENED
Stupid? No. Absurd? Definitely.

And the power of being a loli? Kamachi is just having fun making some tropes and cliches centerpieces of the plot. It's like satire, except serious.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 14:49   Link #73
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Stupid? No. Absurd? Definitely.

And the power of being a loli? Kamachi is just having fun making some tropes and cliches centerpieces of the plot. It's like satire, except serious.
Some people would call that stupid. I'll just call it fun. It may be hard to digest, but Kamachi deserves credit for pulling this off so shamelessly.

As ludicrous it may seem (still digesting)
Old 2013-05-18, 15:54   Link #74
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The Kamachi could give depth to a beetle, and make this beetle become the second level 5, acceptable, then I will give my vote to confiaça until this story is finished, I hate find something ridiculous at first and then get slapped in the face the author. At most, I want Touma vs Rensa as fast as possible.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 16:09   Link #75
LazyHunter

Well seeing one of my favorite characters betaen like that is quite sad. Rensa is really amazing. I had thought that the delay between changing powers would be a bit wider, how the hell do you use those 0.7 s against her without being a Saint or having superspeed?
Old 2013-05-18, 16:18   Link #76
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Well seeing one of my favorite characters betaen like that is quite sad. Rensa is really amazing. I had thought that the delay between changing powers would be a bit wider, how the hell do you use those 0.7 s against her without being a Saint or having superspeed?
That's probably more than enough time for accelerator if the choker is on, and enough for instincts to kick in to anyone.
Old 2013-05-18, 16:32   Link #77
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
That's probably more than enough time for accelerator if the choker is on, and enough for instincts to kick in to anyone.
I kinda included Accelerator in having superspeed when using his powers, but maybe she could use Mikoto's power to mess with the choker. In which situation would instincts help? As she showed in the chapter she can just use Vector Control when someone closes in to have the best defense possible or put distance between her and the enemy. Out of close combat she can just spam Dark Matter, Meltdowner or Railgun. Add Mental Out to the equation...
Old 2013-05-18, 16:34   Link #78
Rovert10

What I am more interested is how does she deal with Gunha and how he's relavent to the plot now.
Gunha is a big question mark in that he's the only one who can't be copied and we have no idea what he does really. Supposibly could match Ollerus if developed far enough.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 16:41   Link #79
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I kinda included Accelerator in having superspeed when using his powers, but maybe she could use Mikoto's power to mess with the choker. In which situation would instincts help? As she showed in the chapter she can just use Vector Control when someone closes in to have the best defense possible or put distance between her and the enemy. Out of close combat she can just spam Dark Matter, Meltdowner or Railgun. Add Mental Out to the equation...
Oh, ok, yeah, you need to be fast to pull it off. And about the second part, it all depends on the specific circumstances at that moment. For instance, assuming the power change happens to adjust to the opponent's strenght, that time window could allow for a swift but decisive change in strategy from that opponent.
Old 2013-05-18, 19:10   Link #80
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

Have a question here, does that mean that creating the freshman for countering Gremlin was just a feint and its true objective is to make sure that Fremea would be an excellent artificial protection target?