AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 19:15   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balongbitz View Post
Have a question here, does that mean that creating the freshman for countering Gremlin was just a feint and its true objective is to make sure that Fremea would be an excellent artificial protection target?
Maybe it had served dual purpose- but if you look back at it, they are woefully unequipped to handle Gremlin in the first place.

Something which I thought was strange even then.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 19:22   Link #82
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balongbitz View Post
Have a question here, does that mean that creating the freshman for countering Gremlin was just a feint and its true objective is to make sure that Fremea would be an excellent artificial protection target?
I don't think that the Freshman being used to counter GREMLIN was even an option. I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere at all. (Please tell which chapter it was mentioned in if you can remember that).

I'm pretty sure that after WWIII, the entire purpose of the Freshmen even being allowed to exist by the city was as a gear for the Agitate Halation Plan.
---------------------
On another note, Fremea's existence has just been relegated to that of a damsel in distress on purpose.

At the same time, .7 seconds to switch between powers seems to be a bit too little time but I guess that time frame can be enough for certain characters.

One more thing. I remember someone posting before that the effective range from which Rensa can sample AIM Fields from was 200 meters. That is impossible. That distance is about less than 1.5 blocks in New York City. That means that Accelerator, Kakine, and Mikoto would ALL have to be within two blocks of Rensa at the most. More likely than not, the effective range is all of Academy City.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 19:36   Link #83
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
One more thing. I remember someone posting before that the effective range from which Rensa can sample AIM Fields from was 200 meters. That is impossible. That distance is about less than 1.5 blocks in New York City. That means that Accelerator, Kakine, and Mikoto would ALL have to be within two blocks of Rensa at the most. More likely than not, the effective range is all of Academy City.
What if all the Level 5s happen to gather in one location?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:10   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
I don't think that the Freshman being used to counter GREMLIN was even an option. I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere at all. (Please tell which chapter it was mentioned in if you can remember that).
In the epilogue of NT1.

Quote:
“…I think the actions of those Freshmen that attacked you were just a single step in some preparations.”

“Preparations?”

“Preparations for a fight against a new enemy… No, it’s actually more at the phase where we have to do some investigating to see if World War Three really is over and whether or not this enemy really is new.”

Accelerator and Hamazura Shiage’s expressions changed at that.

Just like Kamijou, the two of them had been on the front lines of that war.

“Academy City is making preparations to fight ‘them’. The city is increasing their military preparations, of course, but they’re also fortifying the structure of the city itself and shifting in a direction that’s easier to fight from. You can think of all that as proof of how worried Academy City is about ‘them’… The city has determined that ‘they’ aren’t an enemy that can be taken on in their spare time.”
Not to say they were the only option, but rather a part of the plan.
Old 2013-05-18, 20:34   Link #85
Birdway

Quote:
Accelerator ignored *****’s words and stomped on the gravel road, and then kicked the rocks that were sent flying up using a karate kick.
Boom! A loud explosion rang out.
The vectors of the pebbles were changed and fired off faster than a Railgun, but vanished after a few millimetres. However, the pressure waves did not vanish, and the attack felt as if it would tear the very air apart.
This is like saying anything Number 3 does Accelerator makes it better.
Old 2013-05-18, 20:45   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen

Not really, in terms of destructive power air pressure is weaker than a railgun.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:17   Link #87
Flere821
Lurker

Ch3 up to Pt 6 is out. Am I the only one that went "WTF?" at the other two interloper's characterization? When was the last time a serious opposition was as random as these two?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:30   Link #88
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Sleeping Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Ch3 up to Pt 6 is out. Am I the only one that went "WTF?" at the other two interloper's characterization? When was the last time a serious opposition was as random as these two?
Don't worry, Im just as confused as you are ;_;

"The silent voice within one’s heart whispers the most profound wisdom.”
Noctis Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:33   Link #89
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I'm just as confused as Touma right now. Who the hell is behind this project, or rather, who is using it? Who's getting benefitted from all of this? Since Hisako is actually appearing in the frontlines so nonchalantly, she's most definetly not the big bad boss, so what the hell?

Also, WTF?! So anyone who has the predispositions to be a hero can feel Fremea's "distress call" and will be drawn to it? Are Fremea's "damsel in distress" parameters so high you HAVE to help her? Is that like an actual power? Long range suggestion or stuff like that?

And yeah, man-eating roaches, guess it's kind of cool.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:40   Link #90
Iniser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I agree, that was just pushing it. I didn't know whether to take them seriously or not.

Also, it seems Agitate Halation is Fremea's esper power rather than a character trait. Crazy OP level 0 power.
Anyways, reading this made me wonder. Should Touma actually be affected at all?
Iniser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:41   Link #91
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Seriously..... Nyan Cat from a rabbit girl....... My Fetish Meter is going over 9000!!! but dam, talk about personality collisions....
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:43   Link #92
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniser View Post
I agree, that was just pushing it. I didn't know whether to take them seriously or not.

Also, it seems Agitate Halation is Fremea's esper power rather than a character trait. Crazy OP level 0 power.
Anyways, reading this made me wonder. Should Touma actually be affected at all?
IB should take care of that, and the ITEM crew already has their own reasons for protecting her. This part shows that even people completely unrelated to Fremea can still be affected by Agitate Halation.

Of course it's an esper power. Based on a pile of cliches used intentionally, but still a power.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:45   Link #93
Daft

Touma just got involved because of Seria's text message, so there's no conflict with whether Agitate Halation should work on him if its an esper power.
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 21:48   Link #94
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What if all the Level 5s happen to gather in one location?
Why would that even be happening at this point? Misaki and Mikoto are both stuck in the School Garden and Accelerator is nowhere to be seen. My point was mainly along the lines of 200 meters is far too small a range to be able to use Mikoto's, Accelerator's, and Kakine's powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I'm just as confused as Touma right now. Who the hell is behind this project, or rather, who is using it? Who's getting benefitted from all of this? Since Hisako is actually appearing in the frontlines so nonchalantly, she's most definetly not the big bad boss, so what the hell?

Also, WTF?! So anyone who has the predispositions to be a hero can feel Fremea's "distress call"? Is that like an actual power? Long range suggestion or stuff like that?
First of all, there is no rule saying that the big boss can't appear on the front lines too early. I think that it is safe to say that the one running the Agitate Halation Project is Hisako. As to who is behind it and who is benefitting from it, that remains to be seen. The only benefit which we can deduce is:
Quote:
Uncertain elements referring to themselves as heroes pose a threat to the development of the advanced technology that lies at the core of Academy City. Locating a certain weak individual can solve this problem. It has been statistically proven that an immature girl is most likely to fill the role.

This individual shall be henceforth referred to as the protection target.

This project aims to artificially create a protection target so that the unpredictable heroes will swiftly eliminate each other with a minimum of sacrifices
Also, remember that Agitate Halation was first named as if it were a power in NT06.
Quote:
Takitsubo Rikou’s progress as seen in the #2 issue is going exceedingly well. Tag this one gold,” she said as she stood in the center of the vast space and looked straight up. “And of course there is Fremea Seivelun as well. Her Agitate Halation is confirmed to have been used unintentionally. That new possibility of a Level 0 gets a platinum tag. Be extremely careful when gathering data.”
The project itself was most likely named after the power rather than vice-versa. This means that Agitate Halation may just be the voiceless voice which the bunnygirl with the paper bag mentioned. The ability to call forth people who would qualify as "heroes" for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Touma just got involved because of Seria's text message, so there's no conflict with whether Agitate Halation should work on him if its an esper power.
Don't forget that Seria could have just as easily be influenced by Agitate Halation. Although that shouldn't conflict with whether Agitate Halation affects Touma either...
Old 2013-05-18, 21:53   Link #95
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Yeah, this last part just confirmed Agitate Halation is an actual power. As for the first point, I exaggerated, just saying there's definetly someone behind all of this beyond Hisako. Actually, didn't the final part of chapter 2 imply that she's basically a manufacturer/supervisor who really loves her job? Someone else could have put an order for all of this.

Quote:
Don't forget that Seria could have just as easily be influenced by Agitate Halation. Although that shouldn't conflict with whether Agitate Halation affects Touma either...
So that would mean Seria is a hero or at least has the dispositions to be one? Agitate Halation seems to be a direct mental influence over people kind of thing, but that's quite different from the ability to control events themselves.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:56   Link #96
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

still can't recover with the roaches that can eat metal and glass. btw, who is the origin of that "voiceless voice"? does it came from a person who have ability to do telepathy or the voice came from the subconscious part of every "heroes" to save fremea? actually im quite confused.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:56   Link #97
Daft

Quote:
I have no doubt Seria was controlled by the project, but yeah it can't directly target Touma, it needs to go through other individuals to manipulate him.
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:03   Link #98
Iniser

Quote:
As for the first point, I exaggerated, just saying there's definetly someone behind all of this beyond Hisako. Actually, didn't the final part of chapter 2 imply that she's basically a manufacturer/supervisor who really loves her job? Someone else could have put an order for all of this.
Maybe Aleister's finally taking action again?
Iniser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 22:16   Link #99
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

@C2F, thanks for that clarification.

Quote:
Yeah, this last part just confirmed Agitate Halation is an actual power. As for the first point, I exaggerated, just saying there's definetly someone behind all of this beyond Hisako. Actually, didn't the final part of chapter 2 imply that she's basically a manufacturer/supervisor who really loves her job? Someone else could have put an order for all of this.

So that would mean Seria is a hero or at least has the dispositions to be one? Agitate Halation seems to be a direct mental influence over people kind of thing, but that's quite different from the ability to control events themselves.
Like I said, we know that she is acting as the manager and we know who benefits from certain objectives which the project has. At the same time, we don't know who created the experiment (I'm betting a Kihara did it) or what the overall purpose is.

About Agitate Halation, that seems to be it. It, from what I gather, seems to just draw in via direct mental influence those who are qualified to be "heroes". Tsuchimikado fell into that category. I believe Kaizumi also fell into that category so what prevents Seria from falling into that category? What the project is defining as a hero seems to have a very wide range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniser View Post
Maybe Aleister's finally taking action again?
I doubt it. Maybe he had this plan held on reserve and figured he could use it without repercussions but we can't forget that he is still cornered as long as GREMLIN exists.
Old 2013-05-18, 22:16   Link #100
OverNOut
The Obsever

What's up with Kamachi and bugs in the recent NT volumes?

@Hiss13, Remember Rensa's range was from a spoiler which was slightly inaccurate as seen with the result of Touma vs Tsuchimikado.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote