AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 72 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 9.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-19, 05:03   Link #141
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
That Renegade Titan was utterly amazing and one heck of twist too. I never even thought something like that could happen but it does make a lot of sense. We've already seen Titans display various degrees of intelligence so it's perfectly within the realm of possibility that one might develop enough intelligence to have it's own motivations against other titans.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:07   Link #142
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
3 I didn't even complain about the scene being different I said maybe it was done to draw comparisons to how Mikasa copies him. Was simply trying to figure out why the animator would change something so small.
I feel it's to show how Mikasa differs from Eren even though she draws inspiration from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
2 The scene had been mentioned as other pointed out for mikasa doing the same thing Eren did but worse only she had competent team mates and not fodder like eren and only got 3 people killed and she had the luck of the giant titan saving her and facing zero deviant titans were as erens group had at least 2 deviant titans and a 15 meter attack them. So it was fair to bring up how people bashed Eren but everyone is ok with mikasa doing worse at that with a group of actually important people and not just fodder.
To be honest, this whole unhappiness over Eren's scene reminds me of the fuss over whether Han Solo shot first.

The incident makes very little difference to how I already viewed Eren: he's a loose cannon who acts on impulse too often and gets himself into trouble that he can't properly handle on his own. This trait of his was reinforced in the previous episode, when he went vigilante and took on grown men thinking he could be a hero, only to get himself almost killed.

The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she was still able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a choice between following Eren or Mikasa, I'd choose Mikasa any time. My chances of survival would be much higher with her around.

It's also critical to understand that the cadets who followed her did so because they realised that their only alternative was to wait for death. It's fundamentally different from the cadets who chased after Eren in a frantic attempt to keep their formation. Those that died following Mikasa fell victim because they ran out of gas. But they gave it their best shot under the circumstances.

Those that followed Eren died in vain.

And that's why I feel anime-Eren deserves a lot of blame.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:14   Link #143
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku222 View Post
Actually Eren is 170cm, Annie is 153cm

Did I just noticed that Mikasa is 5kg heavier than Eren???

No wonder Mikasa has abs, being muscular and sh!t. Now I know why Eren can't even lift her up. Derp.

But hey, I do know girls typically grow faster than boys in early adolescent stage.


I like how that muscular Titan gave an awesome karate-chop off the Titan's head. And then gave a "B!tch please" finishing stomp on it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-19 at 13:10.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:18   Link #144
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
To me, the incident makes very little difference to how I already viewed Eren: he's a loose cannon who acts on impulse too often and gets himself into trouble that he lacks the ability to properly handle. This trait of his was reinforced in the previous episode, when he went vigilante and took on grown men thinking he could be a hero, only to get himself almost killed.
He didn't do it to be a hero. He did it to save Mikasa and he killed two of them before nearly getting done in by the third.

Quote:
The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she remained able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot.
At least one? Eren killed two of the adults and yet you don't take that into account at all. Mikasa's actions were no less suicidal.

Quote:
It's also critical to understand that the cadets who followed her did so because they realised the only alternative was to wait for death. It's fundamentally different from the cadets who chased after Eren because they were trained to keep in formation. Those that died following Mikasa fell victim because they ran out of gas. But they gave it their best shot under the circumstances.

Those that followed Eren died in vain.

And that's why anime-Eren deserved a lot of blame
So the circumstances fundamentally favour Mikasa and Mikasa gets credit for that? If Eren were still alive then he'd be able to rally those people even better than Mikasa. The show even implies that through Jean and Mikasa.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:21   Link #145
NsJones
Wait, what the ...
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I came home late and missed most of the episode, however I did notice Eren ( at least I think it was him) in the short preview of the next episode, how did he survive his encounter with the ''Darwin'' titan?
Off to watch the 7th episode from the beginning
NsJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:23   Link #146
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Still, I don't think Eren deserve a lot of negative feedback though. You just either refuse or in denial to give him at least a few credits for his unique characteristic and moral beliefs, despite that he did what was right to him but not to you. You may think your 'opinion' is justified, but others may think otherwise.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:27   Link #147
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she was still able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a choice between following Eren or Mikasa, I'd choose Mikasa any time. My chances of survival would be much higher with her around.
Mikasa is certainly the better fighter, but Eren can definitely back up his skills plenty. He did managed take on Colossal Titan himself without much issue, so he's not that far from her in terms fighting ability. It was more a case of bad luck for him since he wasn't expecting so many Deviants around.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 05:39   Link #148
Beaver897
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I feel it's to show how Mikasa differs from Eren even though she draws inspiration from him.


To be honest, this whole unhappiness over Eren's scene reminds me of the fuss over whether Han Solo shot first.

To me, the incident makes very little difference to how I already viewed Eren: he's a loose cannon who acts on impulse too often and gets himself into trouble that he lacks the ability to extract himself from. This trait of his was reinforced in the previous episode, when he went vigilante and took on grown men thinking he could be a hero who saves the day, but only to get himself almost killed.

The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she remained able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot.

It's also critical to understand that the cadets who followed her did so because they realised the only alternative was to wait for death. It's fundamentally different from the cadets who chased after Eren because they were trained to keep in formation. Those that died following Mikasa fell victim because they ran out of gas. But they gave it their best shot under the circumstances.

Those that followed Eren died in vain.

And that's why anime-Eren deserved a lot of blame.
How could anyone escape how Eren's leg got bit off? It was bitten off by a Titan that's been expecting him and wasn't seen by Eren. Mikasa has been doing the same that Eren did: Attacking the Titans that aren't looking at them. How would Mikasa escape that kind of Titan attack if the 3DMG moves in a predictable fashion at long distances: either linear or in a parabola?

And no, Eren was never acting like a hero. Where did you get that thought? Has he ever said that he'll save everyone and keep them alive, only that he wanted to kill Titans out of revenge.

The reason Mikasa was dodging and attacking reflexively was because of Eren's influence. Eren is the reason why Mikasa's survived until now. If it weren't for his influence and their history, she'd be as hopeless as all the other recruits with her.

There are just two different scenarios that defined whether the recruits lived or not: they were either ambushed, or they weren't ambushed. Eren's squad was ambushed by Titans like the Abnormal one, the one that bit Eren's leg off, and the one that pulled Mina's cord and caused her to slam to a wall and incapacitate her. Even the same happened to the ones that followed Mikasa's lead: One got cornered because he ran out of gas, and the two people that aimed to rescue him were caught unaware by Titans out of their line of sight. All the recruits died in vain nonetheless.

And the hypocritical part is that people blame Eren for being attacked off-guard and got his leg bit off when it would actually happen to anyone if they were attacking from afar, and the only reason why the other people are alive is because they didn't get attacked.

You could say that 'It's because of Eren's recklessness that put him in the situation to be attacked!' So would Eren know that he should leave the Titan alone, or attack in another angle? If he didn't go for the Abnormal Titan first, another person would've gone for the same Titan (because, you know, it's their job) and be attacked by the other Titan regardless.
Beaver897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:31   Link #149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver897 View Post
How could anyone escape how Eren's leg got bit off? It was bitten off by a Titan that's been expecting him and wasn't seen by Eren.
By being prudent enough to see it before coming in range.

Quote:
Mikasa has been doing the same that Eren did: Attacking the Titans that aren't looking at them. How would Mikasa escape that kind of Titan attack if the 3DMG moves in a predictable fashion at long distances: either linear or in a parabola?
By having quick enough reflexes to get her swords between her and the titan's mouth before he reaches her.

I'm not saying Eren was spectacularly incompetent. He was aggressive, and that's not necessarily a bad trait, but it does mean taking more risks, hoping for greater rewards. Getting blindsided can happen to anyone, and in such a chaotic situation, you have to take chances. And sometimes that gets you eaten.

But it's also false that it was completely unavoidable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:35   Link #150
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I feel it's to show how Mikasa differs from Eren even though she draws inspiration from him.


To be honest, this whole unhappiness over Eren's scene reminds me of the fuss over whether Han Solo shot first.

The incident makes very little difference to how I already viewed Eren: he's a loose cannon who acts on impulse too often and gets himself into trouble that he can't properly handle on his own. This trait of his was reinforced in the previous episode, when he went vigilante and took on grown men thinking he could be a hero, only to get himself almost killed.

The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she was still able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a choice between following Eren or Mikasa, I'd choose Mikasa any time. My chances of survival would be much higher with her around.

It's also critical to understand that the cadets who followed her did so because they realised that their only alternative was to wait for death. It's fundamentally different from the cadets who chased after Eren in a frantic attempt to keep their formation. Those that died following Mikasa fell victim because they ran out of gas. But they gave it their best shot under the circumstances.

Those that followed Eren died in vain.

And that's why I feel anime-Eren deserves a lot of blame.
Its like the scene where eren fended of the giant titan and saved his comrades that were just fodder never happened to you.

Or the fact eren getting his leg taken off by a deviant wasn't really just bad luck.

Or the fact he faced 2 deviants at once never happened. Mikasa got 4 people eaten yes they still would have died but remember giant titan attack everyone frozen in fear eren gets them into action saves all the useless fodder they die later but they would have died then and there if not for eren.

Or the fact that even Ymir another pro who was in the top ten said Eren death was purely bad luck and a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Again Eren was paired up with noobs. He did not deserve that death or to be put into that position. What eren should have did was abandoned his team after the giant titan attacked and pair up with a more skilled group.

Is mikasa more skilled than Eren yes but Mikasa is more skilled than those pro scouts who could no catch the deviant she killed from behind really not a fair comparison.

Theres also the fact mikasa was paired with what was left of the vangaurd and people from the top ten and a bunch of people close in skill to her pretty much helped her out.

Or the fact that Before eren attacked he counted the soldiers and came up with a plan but just was off a number due to one being absent.

Finally the cadets didn't know any formations its pretty much go forward and kill/avoid titans.There was no such a formation for Eren to break,In most cases if you die you were food anyways you seem to be forgetting that 1 average solder its takes 5 of to kill 1 titan. Mikasa is worth like a 100 something soldiers and everyone in the top ten and the vanguard who mikasa was with can kill a titan 1vs1 so are at least worth 5 soldiers. Eren was paired up with fodder who probably are woth worse than a average soldier. The only ones who use formations are the scouts none of them are in the scouting legion yet they just graduated and were not given positions yet were they.

Lets not forget eren saw a friend die right in front of him and that made him snap then die mainly due to bad luck only deviant titans can jump up like that and 2 of em in one spot is not normal bad luck mikasa would have had her leg bitten off in the same situation. Or the fact that just news of Erens death made miksasa snap lets imagine if she saw it.

All in all to say Eren is a hot headed punk who gets himself and others killed when in fairness mikasa made more mistakes created more deaths and was dealt a way better hand with nothing but competent soldiers makes her worse than Eren when it comes to safety of teammates.

And to say eren who broke into the top five who fended off the giant titan which displayed more intelligence than the deviants and saved his team mates from dieing like sheep to the giant can't back up his skill is just a insult. If you were chasing down a 15m class deviant which you are thought to do since they are more dangerous than other titans and another 7m class deviant u can't see lops off your leg thats bad luck. Anyone could have died their. Notice everyone else in the top ten are still alive.

Look at when mikasa chased down the deviant earlier saving that crowd what do you think would happen if a 7m deviant jumped up like a shark tryna take her leg shes gona dodge in mid air or something no she woulda been just like eren well she woulda lived due to the team mates saving her but she would be one leg short.

Oh ya also Jene who has the 2nd best leadership to marco tho marco was pretty quite this ep was very instrumental in keeping things under control casualties to a minimal and getting people to follow mikasa. Eren had no such back up wait he had armin who pretty much sucked that ep. Tho armin some what redeemed himself by saving mikasa and getting his composure back. Anyways armin should have been doing what Jene was doing taking the leadership role and useing the strongest fighter as a spear head. He took no such leadership role when the titans attacked Eren and was fear struck.

When it comes to making strategies and taking leadership

It goes Marco>Armin>Jene. Jene does a pretty good job of leading even when mikasa the spear head falls out of formation and is not fear struck. Armin should have been keeping the team under control earlier but was fear struck even after Erens speech he was fear struck still for the most part. But again he redeems himself this ep noticing mikasa was running low on fuel something not even Jene noticed.
__________________

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-05-19 at 06:48.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:37   Link #151
yankky5
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Between a dragon(China) and a kangaroo(Australia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I feel it's to show how Mikasa differs from Eren even though she draws inspiration from him.


To be honest, this whole unhappiness over Eren's scene reminds me of the fuss over whether Han Solo shot first.

The incident makes very little difference to how I already viewed Eren: he's a loose cannon who acts on impulse too often and gets himself into trouble that he can't properly handle on his own. This trait of his was reinforced in the previous episode, when he went vigilante and took on grown men thinking he could be a hero, only to get himself almost killed.

The reason that Mikasa doesn't come up for similar criticism despite similar actions in this episode is that she could back up her words with uncanny ability. She wasn't in her best state of mind, yet she was still able to take down at least one titan while charging towards the supply depot. I don't know about you, but if I'm given a choice between following Eren or Mikasa, I'd choose Mikasa any time. My chances of survival would be much higher with her around.

It's also critical to understand that the cadets who followed her did so because they realised that their only alternative was to wait for death. It's fundamentally different from the cadets who chased after Eren in a frantic attempt to keep their formation. Those that died following Mikasa fell victim because they ran out of gas. But they gave it their best shot under the circumstances.

Those that followed Eren died in vain.

And that's why I feel anime-Eren deserves a lot of blame.
No ones perfect especially in their first sortie.... Eren and his team were a bunch of green horns who faced a situation where even a veteren team would be wiped out. He acted accordingly given that information he received that the titans are still engaging the vangaurd units, and as they advance they were attacked when their "unit" not just erens team but the entire mid-gaurd were still changing from stand-bye to defensive formation which is usually the most vulnerable time for any "unit" to be in so as a result they erens team were surrounded, traped and then picked off one by one by the titans.

As for why mikasa didnt endanger the life of her comrades is because unlike erens situation the titans werent charging no more, the civilians were evacuated makng the other titans mass at other locations(probably done on purpose by the garrison) her only opponents were regular titans roaming the street individually which makes for easy prey for a competent soldier other than that it all came down to who has better the skill set for killing titans and managing your gas.
__________________
http://www.wallpaperhere.com/thumbnails/detail/20111109/4eba21545dc9a.jpg

Last edited by yankky5; 2013-05-19 at 06:56.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:47   Link #152
Beaver897
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
By being prudent enough to see it before coming in range.
If you use size in comparison, the buildings there were at least 10 meters tall or higher if you measure them against the 15m class Titans in ep. 7. The one who attacked Eren was a 7m class Titan. It would've been difficult to see it between two buildings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
By having quick enough reflexes to get her swords between her and the titan's mouth before he reaches her.

I'm not saying Eren was spectacularly incompetent. He was aggressive, and that's not necessarily a bad trait, but it does mean taking more risks, hoping for greater rewards. Getting blindsided can happen to anyone, and in such a chaotic situation, you have to take chances. And sometimes that gets you eaten.

But it's also false that it was completely unavoidable.
True enough. It's definitely not completely unavoidable, but he wasn't blindsided. It was out of his view until he was in range to get eaten because he was flying directly in front of the Titan who's shorter than the buildings and only managed to reach him by jumping.

To be able to evade that kind of attack within a fraction of a second, you have to be extremely observant to your surroundings and focus more on things in close proximity to you than looking forward to attacking an enemy that tens of meters away.
Beaver897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:49   Link #153
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Or the fact that even Ymir another pro who was in the top ten
Ymir and Armin are not in the top ten.
Although I have a feeling she could have if she cared.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 06:58   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver897 View Post
If you use size in comparison, the buildings there were at least 10 meters tall or higher if you measure them against the 15m class Titans in ep. 7. The one who attacked Eren was a 7m class Titan. It would've been difficult to see it between two buildings.
Avoid such blind spots as much as you can. If you absolutely can't, go high.

Quote:
True enough. It's definitely not completely unavoidable, but he wasn't blindsided. It was out of his view until he was in range to get eaten because he was flying directly in front of the Titan who's shorter than the buildings and only managed to reach him by jumping.
That's what I call getting blindsided. He should have seen that there were places where titans could hide, and taken steps to avoid what happened. Easier said than done, I know. And especially easy to say with hindsight. My point is, though, his performance wasn't perfect. As good as we had any right to expect, maybe, but far from perfect.

Quote:
To be able to evade that kind of attack within a fraction of a second, you have to be extremely observant to your surroundings and focus more on things in close proximity to you than looking forward to attacking an enemy that tens of meters away.
And that's the thing - he was too focused on what was far away to take in his surroundings properly. That's a point against him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:00   Link #155
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
No ones perfect especially in their first sortie.... Eren and his team were a bunch of green horns who faced a situation where even a veteren team would be wiped out. He acted accordingly given that information he received that the titans are still engaging the vangaurd units, and as they advance they were attacked when their "unit" not just erens team but the entire mid-gaurd were still changing from stand-bye to defensive formation which is usually the most vulnerable time for any "unit" to be in so as a result they erens team were surrounded, traped and then picked off one by one by the titans.

As for why mikasa didnt endanger the life of her comrades is because unlike erens situation the titans werent charging no more, the civilians were evacuated makng the other titans mass at other locations(probably done on purpose by the garrison) her only opponents were regular titans roaming the street individually which makes for easy prey for a competent soldier other than that it all came down to who has better the skill set for killing titans and managing your gas.
You pretty much said what I said but shorter and in a more understandable way.

Pretty much this also to group Eren up with those fodder is kinda unfair 1vs1 I doubt any of those guys could have killed a titan ever they all scored low and most likely were going to the scouting legion and not by choice.

Maybe in the future it will be touched upon why eren was put in such a bad spot and paired with noobs. The fact everyone else in the top ten were put together with a group of vanguard soldiers except mikasa who was sent to the safer rear makes me think some one wanted him to die and orchestrated this. Gona add this to the speculation thread. Just makes zero since for some places at number 5 to be put in spots worse than people ranked 6-10 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ymir and Armin are not in the top ten.
Although I have a feeling she could have if she cared.
What shes not shes a main character not gona say more but really. No I was just pointing out how armin is a master strategist Combat wise he sucks monkey poo and would never make the top ten.

She is just behind the blonde hair girl who is some how ranked ten...Maybe I am just being a biased fan but ymir should be ranked higher than her and potato girl she is a total bad ass D=.
__________________

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-05-19 at 07:13.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:14   Link #156
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
You pretty much said what I said but shorter and in a more understandable way.

Pretty much this also to group Eren up with those fodder is kinda unfair 1vs1 I doubt any of those guys could have killed a titan ever they all scored low and most likely were going to the scouting legion and not by choice.

Maybe in the future it will be touched upon why eren was put in such a bad spot and paired with noobs. The fact everyone else in the top ten were put together with a group of vanguard soldiers except mikasa who was sent to the safer rear makes me think some one wanted him to die and orchestrated this. Gona add this to the speculation thread. Just makes zero since for some places at number 5 to be put in spots worse than people ranked 6-10 etc.



What shes not shes a main character not gona say more but really. No I was just pointing out how armin is a master strategist. Combat wise he sucks monkey poo.
You forget something about Eren's Group though: None of the others seemed to be the initial group commander while Eren definitely was .
But yes its strange how only Mikasa got to stay back
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:19   Link #157
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You forget something about Eren's Group though: None of the others seemed to be the initial group commander while Eren definitely was .
But yes its strange how only Mikasa got to stay back
Armin the strategist should have took lead. But that does not excuse the lack of a leader good point.

Nvm Eren having Armin with him means it wasn't plotted murder he is just to bright to kill off like that. Unless they counted on him saving armin or armin becoming fear struck which is just hacks foresight.

But your right everyone else in the top ten had a designated leader or some one capable of taking the lead and mikasa was sent to the back. Idk who was in command of the 103 division maybe the leader died but they had way more skilled people(every person in the top ten except eren and mikasa and a bigger group. While eren and the 34th division was small and had no vanguard members in it.

Ill just call it plot convenience eren was placed and a easy to die stop because the plot called for it.

I mean literally Reiner,Connie,Jean,Sasha,Bertold,Annie, Marco,Ymir,Christa. were all put together yet Eren was left out aside from Ymir who is number 11 thats every top ten member being grouped together why was eren not put with them.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:32   Link #158
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
If faced with situation similar to Eren (where her friend just got eaten by deviant titan), Mikasa will charge blindly as well. The main difference is that Mikasa doesn't consider anyone other than Eren or Armin as "friends", while Eren cared about a lot of people as friends. I bet Mikasa doesn't care enough about Thomas to affect her judgement. But if Eren just got eaten, she would definitely charge blindly with the same poor result. In short, it's not because Mikasa is cool headed. Mikasa is plenty emotional. It's because she doesn't care.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:33   Link #159
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I mean literally Reiner,Connie,Jean,Sasha,Bertold,Annie, Marco,Ymir,Christa. were all put together yet Eren was left out aside from Ymir who is number 11 thats every top ten member being grouped together why was eren not put with them.
We actually don't know this. Vanguard and Middle Guard collapsed on themselves, so if anything most of squads were likely all scattered. The gathering in Ep 7 was probably just what left of the frontlines aside some soldiers hiding in nearby houses.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:35   Link #160
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
We don't actually know this. Vanguard and Middle Guard collapsed on themselves so if anything most of squads were probably all scattered. The gathering in Ep 7 was probably just what left of group aside some soldiers hiding in nearby houses.
Its plausible they all had a target goal of the supply station since the people who were supposed to supply them with gas dropped the ball big time.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.