AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 10:56   Link #241
stagrider

If you take a close look at its arms they are actually 2 arms put forearm to forearm. You can see the line where they will split on the wrist guard going up to the joint.
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 10:57   Link #242
dragon1412

no actually, they are hard light, the Dainsleif design have many empty structures, compare with the one shown in the OP, it's seem like they will be used to mold the light.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 10:58   Link #243
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, does anyone realize it's "hands" have like seven or eight fingers? Why? Does each one have a use?
If you look carefully enough, there a line in between of these arms. It can split the arms into 4 arms. With that thing from Hinowa and the arms splitting, it has similar abilities as some of the JIORIan's Valvrave...
Old 2013-12-14, 11:57   Link #244
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

OK, Dainsleif's design is awesome. It's up there with Carmilla and Beast High as my favorite designs.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:01   Link #245
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
OK, Dainsleif's design is awesome. It's up there with Carmilla and Beast High as my favorite designs.
I would also like it more if it more toward the JIORian's Valvrave in turn of look :/
Old 2013-12-14, 12:07   Link #246
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I would also like it more if it more toward the JIORian's Valvrave in turn of look :/
L-Elf will probably change it back to match the look of the other Raves, but if he is the Emperor then he might just stick with the design. It's look like something royalty would pilot.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:10   Link #247
finalfury
Incognito

The ultimate mech has revealed itself. Well done Cain.
Looks like a close range fighter with excellent maneuverability. :v
Old 2013-12-14, 12:16   Link #248
dragon1412

is it made from the same material as other units ?? if that so, then the mech is going to turn entirely black.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 12:17   Link #249
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
is it made from the same material as other units ?? if that so, then the mech is going to turn entirely black.
I doubt it. Rave Engine 2 is different from Rave Engine 1 and the Mirror Engines and that's what gives it its color scheme.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:18   Link #250
the one above all

Dainsleif's design looks great. Although I have the feeling that it wasn't just given that name to sound cool.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:23   Link #251
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Dainsleif's design looks great. Although I have the feeling that it wasn't just given that name to sound cool.
If there no season 3 expect Dainsleif to trashed by Haruto within 1 episode of it debuted, so I will keep a low expectation for it.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:28   Link #252
the one above all

You got a point the only way I could see it living up to the hype is if it took on all the valvrave pilots at once or an entire army similar to how Suzaku defeated all the Knights of round.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:28   Link #253
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I really like it too, it's actually my favorite. I like the look with the gold accent pieces and the silver chrome look, also the alien language that lights up green is awesome looking too.

Quote:
Well, really, looking at the look of the Magius' ship and Prue and Pino, the Jiorians borrowed the basis of their look from the Magius design and then added Japanese stuff to it.

I like this look, it's rather different and looks more regal, as if it should be leader while all the other more plain rainbow colored ones should be it's back-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I doubt it, those parts were white on the other Valvraves, this is not white but silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I doubt it. Rave Engine 2 is different from Rave Engine 1 and the Mirror Engines and that's what gives it its color scheme.
Well, I do think they react the same way, as they both are powered by runes, which is what causes the white parts to turn black, but VVV2 doesn't have any of those part visible, so I agree, I don't think it will turn black.

Quote:
If there no season 3 expect Dainsleif to trashed by Haruto within 1 episode of it debuted, so I will keep a low expectation for it.
VVV2's notable absence from this season is one of the reasons that I'm expecting another season or series. Prue and VVV2 have been foreshadowed and built up since halfway through season 1. VVV2 has been shown to be beat VVV1 with no problem, and that's when it wasn't even fully formed yet. I can't see them revealing it in the last episode only to beat it in 10 minutes. They haven't even beaten the kirschbaums yet, and they were revealed in action back in episode 15. And I'm betting they are not even half as powerful as VVV2.

It would be interesting if VVV2 has an ability that could counter and/or over power Haruto's harakiri attack. both Pino and Prue have the same power, so it's not out of the question.

Also, Pino's not going to be happy with them destroying her brother. And since she has power over all the machines that if destroyed will also kill their pilots, I really think they should not try to make Pino angry.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-12-14 at 12:40.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 12:45   Link #254
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

VVV II seems to be going for a spider theme. We have the arms splitting from forearm to forearm & if you also look closely, the legs split at the shins. The extra appendages also signify that.

But considering that VVV II has an official design even though it was actually never completed in the anime, leads me to believe that the soon to be empire will recapture VVV II at some point. It will in all likely-hood be a member of the G7. Still, I, II, III, IV & VI only adds up to 5 units. Will unit V be rebuilt? Or will they simply introduce another unit? Also, where is unit VII? That's if there is a unit VII...
Old 2013-12-14, 13:21   Link #255
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
If you take a close look at its arms they are actually 2 arms put forearm to forearm. You can see the line where they will split on the wrist guard going up to the joint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
VVV II seems to be going for a spider theme. We have the arms splitting from forearm to forearm & if you also look closely, the legs split at the shins. The extra appendages also signify that.

But considering that VVV II has an official design even though it was actually never completed in the anime, leads me to believe that the soon to be empire will recapture VVV II at some point. It will in all likely-hood be a member of the G7. Still, I, II, III, IV & VI only adds up to 5 units. Will unit V be rebuilt? Or will they simply introduce another unit? Also, where is unit VII? That's if there is a unit VII...
You know the more I look at it, VVV2 looks as if it has two sets of everything, two sets of legs, two sets of arms, two sets of hands, two sets of weapons, the only thing it doesn't look like it has two off is the head and torso, and even then, I wouldn't put it past them for those to be able to split too.

It actually looks similar to both VVV3 and 4, yet different as well.

What if VVV2, can completely split into two separate units when it wants? What if Dainsleif is actually both Unit 2 and Unit 7?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 13:37   Link #256
mangakid95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know the more I look at it, VVV2 looks as if it has two sets of everything, two sets of legs, two sets of arms, two sets of hands, two sets of weapons, the only thing it doesn't look like it has two off is the head and torso, and even then, I wouldn't put it past them for those to be able to split too.

It actually looks similar to both VVV3 and 4, yet different as well.

What if VVV2, can completely split into two separate units when it wants? What if Dainsleif is actually both Unit 2 and Unit 7?
Oh, that'd be a nice twist [It would also remind me of Gundam Seravee or Gundam Raphael]. Still, if it split, wouldn't it be smaller than the current VVVs?

Yea, it seems to combine the key traits of units III & IV. It has a somewhat similar version III's arms & the legs will be a nod to unit IV. However, also if we take VVV II's official design into account, it also seems to be the same type as unit I. So I'm thinking it has the characteristics of units I, III & IV. Quite the OP robot, isn't it?

The splitting into two separate mecha isn't all that crazy if you think about it. It's named after a sword, what does a sword have? The sheath & the actual sword itself. So VVV II ripping off Tieria's Gundam could be a real possibility. Cain controls one Unit & Prue controls the other.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:43   Link #257
gordol

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 13:46   Link #258
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

So it does have a harden light emitter, it on the back rather than on the hand and feet like the JIORIan's Valvrave.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:03   Link #259
DuelGundam2099

I see more VVV 4 inspiration than I do VVV 3.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 14:34   Link #260
mangakid95

^It makes a lot of sense for it to be heavily based on unit IV. Remember that Dorssia captured Saki & unit IV for an unspecified amount of time.

We don't know how long she was detained, so VVV II's new design was very likely based on the captured unit IV's key traits.