AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-25, 15:43   Link #41
Chibikiwi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: N-Field!!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Chibikiwi
^ me too I always wondered when they would reveal more about them
I wonder if they were among those who were deported by Dorssia?
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 15:52   Link #42
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
"Haruto, I'm your father/mother", I so can't wait for that line being said to him.
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!!
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 17:49   Link #43
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
So when do you think we'll find out more about Haruto's parents?

Kibukawa has said that Dr. Tokishima had a part in creating the Valvraves. How do you guys think this revelation will affect Haruto?
He'll be shocked no doubt, but would probably reinforce his mistaken belief to bear the valvrave curse himself.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 18:19   Link #44
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
He'll be shocked no doubt, but would probably reinforce his mistaken belief to bear the valvrave curse himself.
Sins of the father passed onto the son.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 21:36   Link #45
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
That's what it would sum up to, though depends on the timing as well.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:41   Link #46
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's what it would sum up to, though depends on the timing as well.
I'm really interested to see how he responds. It could lead to interesting character development and possibly dig into the relationship between him and his father.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:51   Link #47
mangakid95
Grats to Germany's 4th WC
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mekakushi Dan
Age: 18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbjru5CQIW4

I don't mean to spam, but I think Haruto's parents' revelation will play out something like that.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:54   Link #48
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Funny part is that I can see that happening. I could also see it playing out the same way it played out with Shu.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 13:47   Link #49
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Just throwing this out there. What are the chances of current Haruto meeting future Saki?
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 14:15   Link #50
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
It's plausible. I can see something kinda like what happened in Eureka Seven AO.

It's Valvrave, expect the unexpected.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 02:27   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
One thing I would like to see from Haruto is more leadership on the battlefield. I kinda want to see him take charge when shit goes wrong and lead through action.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 13:35   Link #52
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
One thing I would like to see from Haruto is more leadership on the battlefield. I kinda want to see him take charge when shit goes wrong and lead through action.
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 13:37   Link #53
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.
But it Haurto had used his brain like he was suppose to then we wouldn't have found out about the sweet revelation so soon.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 14:23   Link #54
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.
Being associated with Haruto is suffering

But he definitely does need to put on his MC pants and step it up. Dude is dependent on L-Elf but the time will come when he has to start making decisions. Hopefully... Don't let me down Okouchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
But it Haurto had used his brain like he was suppose to then we wouldn't have found out about the sweet revelation so soon.
He did it plot for plot development lol. It took a few episodes, but it looks like the Ravetrain is back!

But he really does look inept at times. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but he really does need to step it up. They can make his character interesting. I just hope they don't let his potential go to waste.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 14:37   Link #55
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I believe what happened with Haruto this episode is called getting distracted. It happens. As for him thinking up military plans on his own don't expect too much on this front. Okouchi basically said that L-Elf's existence was meant to cover this area. Haruto is technically the heart and conscience of this duo.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 14:44   Link #56
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I believe what happened with Haruto this episode is called getting distracted. It happens. As for him thinking up military plans on his own don't expect too much on this front. Okouchi basically said that L-Elf's existence was meant to cover this area. Haruto is technically the heart and conscience of this duo.
Yes, distractions happen, but like Irenesharda said, he could have asked Marie to hold on to her questions until the battle was over.

I don't mean in terms of thinking up strategies. I mean in terms of when he's on the battlefield sometimes you gotta improvise.

As for him being the heart and conscience of the duo, I would like to see him be the heart of the team. The pilots at least. I'm not expecting Commander Shepard, but I would like to see him at least show leadership in that regard.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:09   Link #57
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Yes, distractions happen, but like Irenesharda said, he could have asked Marie to hold on to her questions until the battle was over.
That's what we can say as objective observers but if I put myself in his shoes it's hardly surprising that he'd try to get at least one question answered.

To be perfectly honest I'm surprised L-Elf didn't do something about Marie before this. Either warn Haruto ahead of time and keep him focused on his priorities or try to kill Marie out of sight of the others. He seems to have a bad habit of not telling people what they need to know until stuff happens.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:19   Link #58
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
That's what we can say as objective observers but if I put myself in his shoes it's hardly surprising that he'd try to get at least one question answered.

To be perfectly honest I'm surprised L-Elf didn't do something about Marie before this. Either warn Haruto ahead of time and keep him focused on his priorities or try to kill Marie out of sight of the others. He seems to have a bad habit of not telling people what they need to know until stuff happens.
True. I would try to answer one question just to show she could have faith.

He keeps everyone on a need to know basis. Probably how he was trained to be. It's a bad habit, it's up there with Cain saying his thoughts out loud.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:33   Link #59
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The guy really does need to step it up. Forget L-elf, you're making yourself look bad. I mean, you really left your teammates hanging in the middle of a battle because you didn't know how to say, "let's talk about this later?"
Was it really that important to talk to her now, especially as your entire team is putting their lives (or at least their freedom) on the line? And really, you can partially blame yourself for Marie getting shot. If you had been at your post like you were supposed to, L-elf wouldn't have had to come and get you and then he wouldn't have shot Marie.......at least till later.
I agree with this so much. I understand for plot convenience this had to happen to get Marie shot and then healed, but the guy has to get his priorities straight. Haruto is in the middle of a mission, where everyone could die if it fails. He knows for a fact he's vital for the operation and as a whole too as he stops himself from dying because he considers himself so important. However, when one friend shows to have a connection to what he's looking for, he takes time away from being where he should be to ask her questions, which she doesn't even know. He even knows that she doesn't, because in the very same episode, she told him she has no memories; that's why she's here.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:49   Link #60
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It was her talking to Pino that got his interest. He was probably trying to see if she learned something new since he and L-elf had no luck in that area.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.