AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-25, 00:51   Link #21
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I also think that the princess is L-Elf's friend rather then sibling. This is mostly because Licht is referred to as the "Princess of Light" while L-Elf is referred to as a prince's "right hand." There is too much of a difference in their statuses. Unless it is suddenly revealed that L-Elf is her father's illegitimate child, I think that there is a better chance of A-Drei and Licht being related since A-Drei is actually a prince.

Anyone else think that because of Aina's death the school will lean more in favor of L-Elf and his plans? Haruto realized this episode how indestructible they'd be if they worked together. Kyuuma would gladly work with him in order to get revenge for Aina. The same goes for Saki too. The only problem I can see is Shoko, but even she looks weak in the previews.
I think it might be that L-elf is either a bastard child, or a half-sibling and therefore have no claim to the throne and was not raised in luxury. Also, I think his relation to the imperial family is probably a secret that few know and that's why A-drei doesn't know and thus just thinks that they're friends and he probably thinks he was granting L-11 a privilege by upgrading his rank as his second-in-command.
However, Licht and he probably are aware of the connection and were very close before he was forcibly separated from her.

I think Aina's death will give a sudden shift in the entire school. It makes this whole thing more serious and gives all the students a dose of reality. It makes them realize that this isn't a game but real war. I think L-elf will still keep on track with his coup. Haruto is already considering working with him, Kyuma might go along with him too, especially if it's obvious that he's working against Dorssia.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-05-25 at 01:43.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 01:18   Link #22
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Anyone else think that because of Aina's death the school will lean more in favor of L-Elf and his plans? Haruto realized this episode how indestructible they'd be if they worked together. Kyuuma would gladly work with him in order to get revenge for Aina. The same goes for Saki too. The only problem I can see is Shoko, but even she looks weak in the previews.
I'd be surprised if L-Elf doesn't get part of the blame for Aina's death. At least from Kyuma's perspective. I mean the guy did pull a coupe (complete with explosive traps) the same day this went down. Also doesn't help that L-Elf was the intended target. That whole fight may have seriously sabotaged L-Elf's plans (aside from his own self sabotage). At most, I think Haruto and Shoko will be the ones re-evaluating their stances while trying to keep things from boiling over with the other students.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 03:38   Link #23
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Strangely enough, today happens to be L-elf's Birthday.
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, L-elf!

__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 09:32   Link #24
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I'd be surprised if L-Elf doesn't get part of the blame for Aina's death. At least from Kyuma's perspective. I mean the guy did pull a coupe (complete with explosive traps) the same day this went down. Also doesn't help that L-Elf was the intended target. That whole fight may have seriously sabotaged L-Elf's plans (aside from his own self sabotage). At most, I think Haruto and Shoko will be the ones re-evaluating their stances while trying to keep things from boiling over with the other students.
I think that they would instead look at their own weaknesses instead of blaming the person who saved them. They let A-Drei prance in with no problems (and A-Drei let Q-Vier in) and they didn't even notice the enemy forces that were surrounding them until it was too late. Even if L-Elf was A-Drei's (and Q-Vier's) intended target, if they had better ways of managing themselves then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. I think that this event will make them realize how defenseless/careless they were and that Shoko's "WE HAVE VALVRAVE ! THEY WON'T ATTACK US!" scheme does not make them invincible.

This was mentioned in the generic discussion thread, but I think it would be better to discuss these points here since it has everything to do with L-Elf's character:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Anyway, part I of the "novel" version of VVV came out and filled in/confirmed some stuff (http://puu.sh/30lV5.png). The few points that I found interesting:
  • L-Elf is still regretful of losing something that he absolutely couldn't part with in the past and still hasn't been able to get it back.
  • A-drei considered L-Elf his only rival and friend (Random: I've never seen the term "Yanhomo" used as opposed to yandere until this series).
  • L-Elf heard from his superiors that only compatible people can pilot VVV.
The first point screams "That's Licht!" to me . It explains why his body mournfully cries over her when she was shown to be perfectly fine in episode 5. It explains why his photo of her is one of the past since he hasn't been able to see her again. But that bring up the question of why were they separated and why hasn't he been been able to see her again?

I wonder if L-Elf feels the same for A-Drei. He likes him enough to not kill him on sight but I don't think he feels that A-Drei is his "only rival and friend".

And this explains where he got his "only students can pilot the Valvrave" theory from.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 10:04   Link #25
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Unless it is suddenly revealed that L-Elf is her father's illegitimate child, I think that there is a better chance of A-Drei and Licht being related since A-Drei is actually a prince.
L-Elf's hair color is also fairly different from A-Drei's, although A-Drei and Licht share the same coloration. That doesn't necessarily mean anything (particularly in anime series) but that's the cue I took in terms of possible blood relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I think that this event will make them realize how defenseless/careless they were and that Shoko's "WE HAVE VALVRAVE ! THEY WON'T ATTACK US!" scheme does not make them invincible.
Shouko knows that L-Elf was a Dorssian soldier and still believes him to be; the school may assume that he let A-Drei in and set up the whole attack in order to get his way.

Regardless, Shouko's idea of playing Dorssia and ARUS against each other bought them some time, but it should have been clear from the start that it was only a short-term solution. Aggression from either ARUS or Dorssia would obviously push "New JIOR" to ally with the non-aggressor, but any form of alliance with either of the two would push the other side to aggression as well. It was a fine balance and New JIOR sided with ARUS almost immediately.

Interestingly, L-Elf has plans to utilize the alliance with ARUS. We know that he wants to reform Dorssia from within, but what does he think about ARUS in general? Perhaps he doesn't care about them at this point. Between the two it seems as if Dorssia is the aggressor to ARUS anyway.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 14:22   Link #26
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I dunno, even after learning that Shoko didn't threaten him or tell him to leave, she just rejected his plans which confused him. I'm sure she, being the kind person she is, will actually defend L-Elf as clearly his desire to strengthen the Country would be pointless if he helped try and destroy it. Sure she still wont agree with his extremes but she'll at least understand that he was genuine.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:52   Link #27
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I think that they would instead look at their own weaknesses instead of blaming the person who saved them. They let A-Drei prance in with no problems (and A-Drei let Q-Vier in) and they didn't even notice the enemy forces that were surrounding them until it was too late.
Alternatively, they didn't notice the enemy forces surrounding them because the "infiltrator" already had them under lock down. It's an easy enough conclusion for them to come to and why I think the timing of everything was unfortunate.

As to L-Elf saving them, this might require some disclosure on Haruto's part about his condition. This is where I think conflict with the council will come in. That Haruto's been holding secrets and "coveting" the Valvraves could be seen as a breach of trust. Thus why I think Shoko will have to play a part in smoothing things over (her ep. 5 interactions w/ Aina seem more significant in retrospect). That she even glanced over L-Elf's plans was a good sign, IMO. Too bad he didn't understand the concept of "editing" or "selling one's ideas".

But ultimately, I agree that this is a setup to New Jior seriously reworking how they've been doing things.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 22:59   Link #28
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post

And this explains where he got his "only students can pilot the Valvrave" theory from.
It's not that he thinks that only students can pilot the Valvrave, he simply put together the facts that only people who were compatible to the Valvraves could be pilots. This was also said in the Valvrave's EULA, Term 1.

The school was gathering young people who could be possible pilots and then using the curriculum as an aid in further preparing them. However, if the pilot is already physically compatible, they don't really need the curriculum. This is not only suggested by the EULA which states that the pilot must either go through the Facility's full course OR have have physical aptitude suited to the Valvrave, but it's also seen with Saki who can pilot fine despite the fact that she transferred to the school only a year ago.

Also, the school acceptance of students isn't that careful since L-elf and Q-vier were able to use their covers to get entrance into the school in the beginning. I think there are others who could pilot if they are physically compatible. That's why I think L-elf and perhaps A-drei will also end up being pilots as well.

Also, Cain, who seems to know more about the Valvraves than anyone at this point, I doubt would be so interested if only JIOR students could become pilots. It's obvious he has a large part in this, and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes (or already is) a space vampire as well.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 09:58   Link #29
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Also, the school acceptance of students isn't that careful since L-elf and Q-vier were able to use their covers to get entrance into the school in the beginning. I think there are others who could pilot if they are physically compatible. That's why I think L-elf and perhaps A-drei will also end up being pilots as well.
If Sunrise wants to do a genuine 200 year timeskip, you have to wonder how many people would survive long enough to get there.
L-Elf and Q-vier might not become pilots precisely, but they certainly have a chance of becoming vampires if only to keep them for after the time skip.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 12:32   Link #30
SvenCalBayan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Age: 26
Spoiler for L-Elf Cal... err... Karl...:
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 14:09   Link #31
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Honestly is his last name really Karlstein? I thought that was the name of the training facility that he and all the members of the bishie hit squad come from? We know that "L-elf" isn't his real name, I doubt "Karlstein" is either.

I have a theory that when you join or are sent into the Karlstein Institut, they strip you of your name and and give you an alphanumeric code name, and everyone's last name becomes "Karlstein".
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 14:26   Link #32
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have a theory that when you join or are sent into the Karlstein Institut, they strip you of your name and and give you an alphanumeric code name, and everyone's last name becomes "Karlstein".
In that case, A-3 wouldn't be considered a Prince anymore so the whole Colonel Vs. Prince debate wouldn't have happened.
Maybe L-11 is a Karlsthein and his family controls the Institute and he is so OP because he is supposed to represent it, thus got a harsher training.
__________________
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:43   Link #33
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Wait, did I miss something or was it ever implied that Karlstein is supposed to be his last name?

As far as I'm aware, the codenames are nothing more than codenames, and they don't use their real names because of ~secrecy~ (perhaps they don't even know each others' names). I guess A-3 is a bit different, being a prince, which is a bit like being a celebrity.

By the way in the latest episode I spent some time wondering about whether they actually know each others' real names because X-1 appeared to be calling H-9 "Hanno"... then I realized that it was just Hosoya Yoshimasa mispronouncing H-9.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 19:12   Link #34
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
In that case, A-3 wouldn't be considered a Prince anymore so the whole Colonel Vs. Prince debate wouldn't have happened.
Maybe L-11 is a Karlsthein and his family controls the Institute and he is so OP because he is supposed to represent it, thus got a harsher training.
I think that they all use code names as first names and Karlstein as last name if they have to. A-3 of course is a prince and so he's a little different, however, he's still been stripped of his real name, so you have to wonder what happened between him and the royal family. He isn't treated much as royalty by anyone and the other members of hims team call him "prince" in jest. It makes me wonder if he's somehow shamed his family or something and that's why he's in such a dangerous special forces unit rather than at the palace learning politics, leadership, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Wait, did I miss something or was it ever implied that Karlstein is supposed to be his last name?

As far as I'm aware, the codenames are nothing more than codenames, and they don't use their real names because of ~secrecy~ (perhaps they don't even know each others' names). I guess A-3 is a bit different, being a prince, which is a bit like being a celebrity.

By the way in the latest episode I spent some time wondering about whether they actually know each others' real names because X-1 appeared to be calling H-9 "Hanno"... then I realized that it was just Hosoya Yoshimasa mispronouncing H-9.
L-elf stated Karlstein as his last name in this last episode when he was taking over the school. However, I don't think that's his real name, but either a cover or one given to him by the Institut that trained him.

And yes I find it funny how they are using all of this German and yet can't pronounce it. It's the German version of Engrish!
The only words they can kind of get is L-elf, Q-vier, and Blitzendegen. They've been consistently messing up A-drei's name (Ah-drey, instead of Ah-dreye)and X-eins and H-neun, I don't even think they try.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 19:23   Link #35
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
L-elf stated Karlstein as his last name in this last episode when he was taking over the school. However, I don't think that's his real name, but either a cover or one given to him by the Institut that trained him.
Oh yeah, he did! Forgot about that. I'm also pretty sure it's not his real name, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And yes I find it funny how they are using all of this German and yet can't pronounce it. It's the German version of Engrish!
The only words they can kind of get is L-elf, Q-vier, and Blitzendegen.
If the word the old guy said in this ep is really supposed to be "stunde" it's going straight to the top of my list of "worst pronunciation for a German word I've heard in anime"... It was also pretty funny how L-11 wrote H-9 in katakana on his note to Haruto. ^^;; It's like writing "aitch-nine" in English. I kind of expected Haruto to be "haanoin"? what?" for a moment, too bad it didn't happen.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 04:36   Link #36
alluka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
They've been consistently messing up A-drei's name (Ah-drey, instead of Ah-drey)
Ah so it wasn't Audrey, too bad
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic197752_2.gif
alluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 08:33   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
Ah so it wasn't Audrey, too bad
I know it isn't his actual name. I just call him Audrey because it is easier to remember.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 21:01   Link #38
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
So we have learned that Princess Licht is a friend who saved L-11's life by offering half of hers. I have a feeling from the way L-11 refers to her action as naive and the looks on the guards' faces when she cut her hair, that her action had dire consequences.

It's possible that she will one day be put to death because of her decision and this is what spurs L-elf and A-drei to act in changing the government, as one is her real brother, and the other probably thinks of her as is his precious little-sister.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 22:47   Link #39
queenSwild
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
It is also confirmed in episode 8's credits that the princesses's name is indeed Liselotte. I guess Licht (Light) was just L-Elf's nickname for her.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 23:29   Link #40
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Or else "Licht" is L-11's real name...
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.