AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 00:03   Link #181
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
That was obviously an attempt to push Haruto away, so yeah, she most likely was calling herself a slut. Even though anyone with a modicum of sense can tell she's bs'ing.
Saki was definitely BS'ing in that she was framing her reactions in such a way as to try to to spare Haruto's feelings. But in a way she was also telling the truth, in regard to her jaded, disillusioned views about adults and the idol industry.

What she actually said was
Quote:
"I'm an idol, you know. I can never be tied down to a single person. You're such a child, Haruto. I'm a celebrity. I have to deal with this kind of stuff every day. The world we adults live in would make you kids tremble."
She's talking there about the way that idols aren't allowed to be known to have significant others because that would harm their marketability (as fanboys would throw a fit at the idol they like to imagine is their waifu being tainted by actually having a boyfriend who is not them). She's probably also talking about the seedy, exploitative side of the idol business. Is she implying that this isn't the first time she's had to deal with sexual assault or threats of that kind or others, and saying it's not a big deal or that adults (ie: her) can handle those situations? Quite likely. And undoubtedly she actually has dealt with at least the threat of such situations or of exploitation.

I don't see anything in that quote which has Saki saying or implying that she's either promiscuous or a slut. In any case, my point is that it is really wrong for people to assume that non-virginity would equal "she must be a slut!" in the first place.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 01:36   Link #182
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
In any case, my point is that it is really wrong for people to assume that non-virginity would equal "she must be a slut!" in the first place.
^ This. Definitely this.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:42   Link #183
iCK

I kinda think she unintentionally tries to islolate themselves from everyone not so they can bond more but just because she wants to be "assaulted" by Haruto again. She obviously doesnt mind it since she is with him all the time. I .e Shown duing the preview where haruto was caged
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:56   Link #184
Kurohane

iCK. . . that was in bad taste, very bad taste
Old 2013-10-08, 18:14   Link #185
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
iCK. . . that was in bad taste, very bad taste
I know, I'm normally not that dark... But it's a possibility... I've been guessing right so far..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 18:56   Link #186
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl

Saki reaction after the assault indicate that maybe she might want Haruto's D after all
Old 2013-10-08, 21:48   Link #187
GundamZZ
残念美人

Valvrave tomorrow. As long they show more Saki, Shouko and Akira in action(less Haruto and L-Elf), I'm satisfied. Cain may have more role, since he's seems to be the default sentai show antagonist.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 18:53   Link #188
Fjoergyn

I expect a lot of interaction between Saki and Shoko and hopefully with L-Elf too, have much in common.
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 03:48   Link #189
swiftz

i'm sorry, but i think some of you don't know/misuse the word "slut" means...she is not a slut. just because we saw that scene doesn't make her a slut. as far as we know she only had sex with one guy and that's haruto. just cuz saki or any other anime character in general had sex doesn't mean they are a slut...saki would be known as a slut if she enjoys fucking another guy or the whole character list in the anime other than haruto. get it right people!!
swiftz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 04:34   Link #190
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I expect a lot of interaction between Saki and Shoko and hopefully with L-Elf too, have much in common.
Well, it's kinda impossible for Saki and Shoko to interact for now.
Unless those smartphones have really good range
Old 2013-10-13, 04:39   Link #191
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

haruto vision : eruerufu > saki > shoko
Old 2013-10-13, 20:33   Link #192
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well, it's kinda impossible for Saki and Shoko to interact for now.
Unless those smartphones have really good range
These phones can reach deep underground and the vastness of space all the way to what appeared to be the Asteroid Belt. I think they have enough range to get from the moon to Earth.

But yeah, if the moon, the modules, and the Earth couldn't all communicate, it would be bad business for all three countries. Everyone would be isolated. So, yeah, I'm sure that Saki and Shoko could communicate.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 01:17   Link #193
Key Board
Donut

Vol 4 Bonus Image

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-25, 21:12   Link #194
queenSwild

I think this episode did show a bit of Saki's development. When she told Akira that she wasn't alone I was actually a bit touched. Is this really the same Saki?? It seems like she's really softening up.. or maybe she's showing the warm side of herself that she was afraid to show before? I really hope that this continues because she and Akira were adorable (even if they were in different bodies).
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 21:28   Link #195
Key Board
Donut

They have similar backgrounds

They don't have a happy childhood
They had family issues

Akira retreated into her shell cut off real life contact
Saki built a wall around her and other people
I think Saki has a gut feeling/radar to detect a fellow lonely soul.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:03   Link #196
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I think this episode did show a bit of Saki's development. When she told Akira that she wasn't alone I was actually a bit touched. Is this really the same Saki?? It seems like she's really softening up.. or maybe she's showing the warm side of herself that she was afraid to show before? I really hope that this continues because she and Akira were adorable (even if they were in different bodies).
It's still the same Saki to me. What she did for Akira isn't anything new. You can relate it to pulling Aina towards that duct in episode two, or helping Shoko in the kitchen. She can be a little awkward, but genuinely kind to others, after experiencing kindness herself. Did you see the way she looked when Akira handed her that handkerchief? She looked quite surprised someone that she is really together with for the first time would do that for her. She was even telling Akira to stay inside the crevice where it was safe before then. I also agree with Keyboard that Saki can tell when another person is just lonely like her, but that's not the reason for her kindness.
Old 2013-11-02, 20:49   Link #197
Irenesharda

Now that Saki has found herself alone behind enemy lines, what would you guess is in store for her in the coming episodes?

I was thinking that she may be joining in with Cain and his team undercover, however I have a feeling that Cain will be able to recognize her for what she is.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 20:54   Link #198
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

How will H-Neun factor into things as well?
Old 2013-11-02, 21:09   Link #199
LightDragonman

So basically, she's gonna act as JIOR's spy or something. Interesting. I just hope they don't pull a R2 Kallen Kouzuki on her, and basically have her remain alone in the enemies hands for a long stretch of time.

Course, I wonder if Haruto is gonna want to go back and try to save her immediately, leading to more conflict between him and L-Elf.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:12   Link #200
bones

Don't see why it would be difficult to rescue her. Saki and A-drei are by themselves and A-Drei is injured. He has called for help but the people he is counting on for rescue were in the vicinity of a huge explosion which could have damaged their vehicles.

All it takes is Saki calling L-Elf again then Akira can use her hacking skills to find out her location and then sending L-Elf to take out A-Drei
bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters