AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-02, 21:18   Link #201
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Well judging by the preview for episode 17, Haruto and L-elf probably already infiltrating into Dorssia and there only 8 more episode left. Saki will probably stay at the enemy's place at most 1-2 episode.
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!!
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:25   Link #202
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Don't see why it would be difficult to rescue her. Saki and A-drei are by themselves and A-Drei is injured. He has called for help but the people he is counting on for rescue were in the vicinity of a huge explosion which could have damaged their vehicles.

All it takes is Saki calling L-Elf again then Akira can use her hacking skills to find out her location and then sending L-Elf to take out A-Drei
Remember that while much of the ground forces were taken out, the Lunar special ops team survived. Also those reinforcement forces had to come from somewhere. This is Dorssian territory, they probably have bases all over the place.

The JIOR team has barely escaped with their lives. Kyuma and Raizou are beat, and their machines are in need of serious repair. Marie is pretty much dead, and VVVI is sitting on the top of the ship. They are in no shape to go approach the special ops team, who have perfectly working OP mechs at their disposal, and you can bet that Dorssia will be sending more forces after them. Their military is pretty much limitless, remember.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:29   Link #203
LightDragonman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Maybe that's why the preview seems to show Haruto and L-Elf donning what appears to be covert-op uniforms.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:36   Link #204
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Actually all the ground forces were taken out, the lunar forces were also caught up in the explosion although without loss of life they could have suffered damage to their vehicles. A quick snatch and grab is not out of the question, as there is still Unit 1 and Unit 6.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 21:50   Link #205
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Actually all the ground forces were taken out, the lunar forces were also caught up in the explosion although without loss of life they could have suffered damage to their vehicles. A quick snatch and grab is not out of the question, as there is still Unit 1 and Unit 6.
Unit 1 is still sitting on top of the ship, and with Marie dead, they won't be able to retrieve it until the transport lands. And Akira's still in her borrowed body, which will be questioned by everyone.

L-elf isn't going to risk everything simply to go back and get Saki. There's just too much risk in doing so.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-11-02 at 22:54.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 22:08   Link #206
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Well, that's assuming Haruto and the others listen to L-Elf. Judging from the way their entry strategy to Earth progressed and how Marie just died, they might refuse to abandon their comrade and friend
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 23:12   Link #207
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Well, that's assuming Haruto and the others listen to L-Elf. Judging from the way their entry strategy to Earth progressed and how Marie just died, they might refuse to abandon their comrade and friend
They'll more than likely refuse to abandon her, but I think they need to recover first and come up with a good strategy. At the moment, Valvrave I is the only Valvrave that is good to go. III needs serious repairs and V took a beating too. And due to Akira's current predicament, VI may be in need of a substitute pilot.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 23:14   Link #208
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Well, also consider that they all just almost died, and who they called upon to help save them. Also, other than Haruto, none of them are really so close to Saki. This isn't the same thing as with on the ship.
This episode shows more than ever that they are almost completely dependent on L-elf and considering how Haruto was noticeably useless this time around, I think they will be listening to L-elf right now, especially considering the shot in the preview of him leading them from the captain's chair. If he says that it's too risky, who are they to say otherwise?

I think they will try to find her eventually, but not right this moment.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 23:23   Link #209
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, also consider that they all just almost died, and who they called upon to help save them. Also, other than Haruto, none of them are really so close to Saki. This isn't the same thing as with on the ship.
This episode shows more than ever that they are almost completely dependent on L-elf and considering how Haruto was noticeably useless this time around, I think they will be listening to L-elf right now, especially considering the shot in the preview of him leading them from the captain's chair. If he says that it's too risky, who are they to say otherwise?

I think they will try to find her eventually, but not right this moment.
In fact some of them may have issue with Haruto. Yamada and Kyuuma took a beating. Marie is dead. Some of them may blame him for that. That is unless L-Elf covers it up. Also in that shot, Destined_Fate pointed out that Haruto looks sad in that shot. It may just be because he's blaming himself for what happened to Marie or other things may be involved as well.

But I would agree with recovering for now and trying to retrieve Saki when they have a better chance.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 23:23   Link #210
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
They're not really close to Akira either so your first point doesn't hold up. The problem is that Haruto is off-kilter due to Marie's "death" and may not accept L-Elf's rational approach to everything. The other pilots only follow L-Elf because of Haruto and Shoko's endorsement. It remains to be seen if they will follow L-Elf over Haruto.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 23:32   Link #211
Fjoergyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Last.fm
They are useless without L-Elf, would already be dead without having set foot in a valvrave. Saki will be rescued by L-Elf and Haruto and perhaps there is reunion with his former teammate Adrei.
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 00:10   Link #212
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
They're not really close to Akira either so your first point doesn't hold up. The problem is that Haruto is off-kilter due to Marie's "death" and may not accept L-Elf's rational approach to everything. The other pilots only follow L-Elf because of Haruto and Shoko's endorsement. It remains to be seen if they will follow L-Elf over Haruto.
Satomi is really close to Akira, and Takahi is close to him, and so they both worked together in convincing L-elf. Also, at that point, Haruto had gone after her too, so L-elf allowed it.

And at this point, they will all follow L-elf because right now, he's the key to their survival and they know it. They all would be dead or captured right now if it wasn't for him, and they would be stuck alone in a country they don't know and don't understand, surrounded by the enemy at every turn. Even Saki demonstrated, that some or even most of them, don't even know the Dorssian language. So, yeah, it's gone beyond simply going along with him because he's their nation's refugee and Haruto sticks up for him. They're in the real world now and they can't do this by high school rules. L-11 is the only reason they're alive right now, and they know it. They would have been sunk 10 times over by now if it wasn't for him.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 00:23   Link #213
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Same goes for Saki, she's close to Haruto and he's close to Kyuma. L-Elf can have all the mad skills necessary but he has the charisma of a dead fish. No one follows him unless they have no other choice and I'm not sure that the situation is so bad that they have no other choice but to run asap.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 00:29   Link #214
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Unit 1 is still sitting on top of the ship, and with Marie dead, they won't be able to retrieve it until the transport lands. And Akira's still in her borrowed body, which will be questioned by everyone.

L-elf isn't going to risk everything simply to go back and get Saki. There's just too much risk in doing so.
It's not like L-elf wasn't forced into complying with everyone's wishes before, when the situation wasn't favorable for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
In fact some of them may have issue with Haruto. Yamada and Kyuuma took a beating. Marie is dead. Some of them may blame him for that. That is unless L-Elf covers it up. Also in that shot, Destined_Fate pointed out that Haruto looks sad in that shot. It may just be because he's blaming himself for what happened to Marie or other things may be involved as well.

But I would agree with recovering for now and trying to retrieve Saki when they have a better chance.
L-elf knows the values of team unity. Also, explaining Marie will go into the secret of the Valvraves, so he'll most likely cover everything up including her death, by saying she's not feeling well or something. When has Haruto not blamed himself for things that were out of his control e.g. Aina's death. It's gotten to the point that it's annoying. He has to realize he can't have a handle on everything. Also, the runes bit may also be a factor. *sigh* You have to have patience with this guy.
__________________

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-03 at 00:40.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 01:08   Link #215
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
L-elf knows the values of team unity. Also, explaining Marie will go into the secret of the Valvraves, so he'll most likely cover everything up including her death, by saying she's not feeling well or something. When has Haruto not blamed himself for things that were out of his control e.g. Aina's death. It's gotten to the point that it's annoying. He has to realize he can't have a handle on everything. Also, the runes bit may also be a factor. *sigh* You have to have patience with this guy.
I'm trying. I guess the reason, I'm frustrated with his development is because it feels like they're dragging things out. But I'll try and be more patient.

And on team synergy, someone needs to have a sit-down with Raizo. You know tell him to chill before he gets himself killed. Maybe Kyuuma, because he's saved his ass a few times.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 01:40   Link #216
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post

L-elf knows the values of team unity. Also, explaining Marie will go into the secret of the Valvraves, so he'll most likely cover everything up including her death, by saying she's not feeling well or something. When has Haruto not blamed himself for things that were out of his control e.g. Aina's death. It's gotten to the point that it's annoying. He has to realize he can't have a handle on everything. Also, the runes bit may also be a factor. *sigh* You have to have patience with this guy.
I don't know if he would cover up Marie's death with the whole lame "she's sick" routine, he's smarter than that. He can probably give half truth of Marie was out there with he and Haruto when an explosion separated them all. Marie decided to pilot in Haruto's stead as it was the only option to save everyone (no one knows about the whole compatibility thing), however, the last harakiri attack short circuited the mech and Marie was accidentally killed during the battle.

He'll probably explain the truth of everything to Haruto, Kyuma, Raizou, Akira, and Takumi-sensei later on.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 01:58   Link #217
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I suspect this will become relevant later on

Spoiler:
__________________

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 02:13   Link #218
Allium
.........................
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
^Somehow I have a sinking feeling that that's what she would not end up doing. I hope it's just me.
__________________
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 02:43   Link #219
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Oh I believe, she'll come home alive... eventually

I'm just wondering how this lesson will or will not effect her actions
__________________

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 02:50   Link #220
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
^I too agree with this. I don't think Saki is going to die or anything, but I do think that her entire outlook will change. I think she might find familiar spirits within Dorssia, and I already think she would now have trouble fighting the enemy (especially A-drei) if she had too. The longer she stays with Dorssia, the more her thinking is going to be compromised.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.