AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 19:12   Link #541
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Look at his face closely. He really isn't.
Hmm, now that you pointed it out I think you're right (Marie doesn't seem impressed either but that could just be Marie being Marie). Maybe this was before Shoko perfected a recipe and this is just a taste test with negative results. Seeing your spoiler though it could turn out to be another mecha anime homage.

I'm not too concerned about Shoko's lack of presence in the previews. Going by past PVs it's probably wiser not to read too much into them. I'm also not convinced that L-Elf is going to earth (people seem to think Shoko will lose relevance if both main protagonists leave the module) since he doubles as Shoko's aide. At most, he may simply accompany the pilots to make sure they reach the surface okay and handle any further instructions from afar. Even if he does go, one of the magazines seemed to hint that odd things were going on at the moon (whichever one has the Kibukaway/Rion section) so Shoko would probably be the POV used in that scenario.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 19:31   Link #542
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Quote:
Is quiet the opposite actually. In most anime/manga the childhood friend in a love triangle rarely wins.
I think is a little unfair to compare haruto/shoko to l-elf/liso since Haruto and Shoko have known other for a long time and know each other quiet well and their love for each other is mutual. While L-Elf only met Liso for like a few minutes when he was younger and has not seen her ever since, so whatever feelings he might have for her are all based on delusions on his mind from one act of kindness that happened a long time ago. We dont know Liso's stand on this either. We dont know if she is still the same way as she was back then (she has been locked for a while now and 10 years is a long time). For all we know she might not even remember who L-Elf is by now.
I do agree that first loves never work out whether is in IRL or in anime. And I feel like Valvrave is not going to make an exception on that.
In Jap culture, its either the "first girl logic" or the "childhood friend route" that determine the final pairs in anime/manga. Unfortunately, Shoko holds both those cards for Haruto, while in Liso's case, she holds the first girl card for L-Elf.

So usually, if the first girl logic doesn't dictate/apply to the ending, then the childhood friend route is the next predictable option. However, there are cases where neither were successful & I just love that. I'm hoping that VVV follows the 'neither' trend.

I'd much rather a pairing that pits total opposites/unlikely choices together.

This is why I enjoyed VVV so much during the first cour. It wasn't as cliche as most anime that have a romance element. Also hats off to episode 10, I never saw that coming. I remember seeing that someone leaked the image here on Animesuki, but I thought it was fake, boy was I proven wrong.

Some people watch VVV for the mecha, I watch it for the shipping & L-Elf being a badass.
Old 2013-10-05, 19:44   Link #543
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Hmm, now that you pointed it out I think you're right (Marie doesn't seem impressed either but that could just be Marie being Marie). Maybe this was before Shoko perfected a recipe and this is just a taste test with negative results. Seeing your spoiler though it could turn out to be another mecha anime homage.

I'm not too concerned about Shoko's lack of presence in the previews. Going by past PVs it's probably wiser not to read too much into them. I'm also not convinced that L-Elf is going to earth (people seem to think Shoko will lose relevance if both main protagonists leave the module) since he doubles as Shoko's aide. At most, he may simply accompany the pilots to make sure they reach the surface okay and handle any further instructions from afar. Even if he does go, one of the magazines seemed to hint that odd things were going on at the moon (whichever one has the Kibukaway/Rion section) so Shoko would probably be the POV used in that scenario.
I also dont think L-Elf will be going to earth. Is a very risky mission and he doesnt have the advantage of having a Valvrave or being immortal lol
He can always give his instructions from the safety of the module like he always has. I dont think he is as reckless as to personally go with them. But I think we will have to wait to find out.
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 20:19   Link #544
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I'd much rather a pairing that pits total opposites/unlikely choices together.

This is why I enjoyed VVV so much during the first cour. It wasn't as cliche as most anime that have a romance element. Also hats off to episode 10, I never saw that coming. I remember seeing that someone leaked the image here on Animesuki, but I thought it was fake, boy was I proven wrong.

Some people watch VVV for the mecha, I watch it for the shipping & L-Elf being a badass.
I also watch it for the shipping, L-Elf, and the unpredictability.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 21:46   Link #545
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I honestly sometimes forget that VVV is a mecha anime. I don't watch it because of those flying tin cans and spattering of big weapons, I watch it for L Elf and Shoko's sake plus Akira and Marie impending friendship.
Old 2013-10-05, 21:56   Link #546
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

I wonder how Akira is gonna take not being able to spend as much time with Shoko? I mean yeah, Marie will step in to befriend, but I would still think it's gonna hurt Akira a bit.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:32   Link #547
erika4dsl

Akira's character growth is something I'm looking forward to very much. I'm a little bummed out that her character is mostly going to interact with Marie and not Shoko, the good thing is that maybe we'll get more depth with Marie's character. Her brother though is going to be upset that she's piloting a giant robot fighting thing, but I know it's because he's protective of her and he's feeling insecure because of Shoko (she thought up that brilliant plan of declaring independence, she becomes prime minister, she befriends Akira and is pretty much the sole reason she got out of that computer room...) I am a bit excited to see how the siblings interact with each other (like whether they have a playful love-hate type of relationship or whatever)
Old 2013-10-06, 13:01   Link #548
Destined_Fate

Akira's development will be her making more friends. Initially she'll be latched on to Shoko but she'll eventually open up to others and break out of her shell.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 21:41   Link #549
mangakid95

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I also watch it for the shipping, L-Elf, and the unpredictability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I honestly sometimes forget that VVV is a mecha anime. I don't watch it because of those flying tin cans and spattering of big weapons, I watch it for L Elf and Shoko's sake plus Akira and Marie impending friendship.
Off T: Good to know I'm not the only one. Some people ask me "why watch a mecha anime if you don't even pay attention to the mecha?" & I respond with: "Because the shipping & L-Elf are 100x more interesting than said mecha."

On T: I see VVV cour 2 branching into two separate storylines.

VVV Earth side: Follows the VVV pilots on their mission to earth & what transpires henceforth. That will have Haruto & Saki as the protags of the earth side.

VVV N Jior side: Follows Shoko & her adviser L-Elf as they deal with all the problems arising in New Jior, etc...

Then both branches intersect probably a little after the halfway mark & the four protags join up again. I see the intersection happening somewhere around where Haruto was caged.

Then again, maybe I'm thinking into it too much, but if they do the story that way, then the protags will each get equal attention & not be squabbling for screen time in the long run.

Eg. Lets say that Sunrise focuses on all four at the same time, then each episode will feature less than five mins screen time for each. It would also feel rushed.

Whereas, if there is a division, & they focus on two at a time, then they get a lot more work done in terms of character development & development of relationships.
Old 2013-10-06, 23:54   Link #550
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Eg. Lets say that Sunrise focuses on all four at the same time, then each episode will feature less than five mins screen time for each. It would also feel rushed.
Not really. This sounds as if you're talking about them getting screentime independently of each other which isn't necessary. If they all get to interact with each other more their screentime can easily exceed this five mins. with the added bonus of showing us interactions we haven't seen much of (Shoko/Saki or Saki/L-Elf hell even Shoko/Haruto).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 16:27   Link #551
mangakid95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Not really. This sounds as if you're talking about them getting screentime independently of each other which isn't necessary. If they all get to interact with each other more their screentime can easily exceed this five mins. with the added bonus of showing us interactions we haven't seen much of (Shoko/Saki or Saki/L-Elf hell even Shoko/Haruto).
No, not independently, but if we have interactions split between the four of them, I don't think they'll be able to accommodate all of the plot elements (Don't forget Cain, The Dorssian kids, the pilots & support characters would also need screen time + the plot progression could only go so far within 12 episodes). I just have this feeling that we'll be left with plot holes & rushed content if they try to distribute the screen time equally. I think it'd be much more beneficial to branch the four into pairs of two & have an intersection &/or interaction with the other two at least once/twice per episode.

They can even regularly interchange the pairs (HaruElf/SakiShoko/SakiElf/HaruShoko/etc...) to contribute to the growing relationships.

That's just my two cents.
Old 2013-10-08, 22:04   Link #552
Fjoergyn

I am eager to see in action Shoko and how it will fulfill its role of leading the country. Hopefully not a mere puppet of L-Elf.
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 09:54   Link #553
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I am eager to see in action Shoko and how it will fulfill its role of leading the country. Hopefully not a mere puppet of L-Elf.
I don't think Shoko will just be L-Elf's puppet.
She's still going to do things that surprise or defy L-Elf probably.
ANYWAYS, your avatar/profile picture ... SHPONGLE!?
I LOVE that song and music video, lets what was it called it ... Star Shpongled Banner!?
Old 2013-10-10, 07:08   Link #554
vanca

Can't believe they already give L Elf x Shoko so early, in 1st episode LOL.
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:24   Link #555
amethystjewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
WOW! Really? Where can i find the first episode?
amethystjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:30   Link #556
Divino

Quote:
You mean this? I though it was a interesting moment lol

Spoiler for for the episode:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:31   Link #557
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:

Wait, oh wait! My body is not yet ready for this. Ahem! *sits down with composure*

I AM LISTENING <3
Old 2013-10-10, 07:51   Link #558
vanca

LOL yeah those. It may not mean anything but, to serve their interactions this early in 1st eps, with the ever-famous yokan that is the symbol of their shipping also present it's just... Also it's really feels too much of coincidence for me that the line they used for Shoko's in 1st preview for 2nd cour is her interaction with L Elf (Are you worried about me?) I used to dismissed some fans words that she would be say that to L Elf. Now that it's really proven true I"m like... "Ouch I'm sorry I was wrong" LOL. Now that VVV for you.

There's one more. He looks at her when she talks with Marie. You know what? I'm envy of Shoko. How I will give anything to have L Elf always look and observe me thoroughly like that I'll have goosebumps that for sure. I mean the famed one-man army, serve food to you and told you to eat personally? Awww...
vanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:29   Link #559
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Oh thanks! XD Imma roll on the bed now. Can't wait till the subs come out fresh and hot.

Pointing these just now made me also think of the eventual mutual bonding of these two. I say L Elf is a silent ninja stalker with a purpose who finds his actions as to Shoko irrelevant but important somehow. I'm not just saying this since Shoko's line in the PV that's used, as you said, to start a short but thoughtful conversation between her and L Elf is the cue. L Elf's stoic expression and polar dialogue mean that he really is starting to care for others. Yes, he must look after the prime minister and make sure she's in good shape, for he is her military aid and like the real right hand in authority, but to serve YOKKAN in front of her is too much, the food that had shaken his taste buds. It's like his token of appreciation for Shoko's effort of making him eat that. He can't complain any further because it does really taste good! Thus it is also a sign of repayment--thanks to Shoko.

Wow! I'm jealous of Shoko chan. I wish L Elf would also set his eyes on me.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:55   Link #560
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Translation:

(L-Elf was talking about the situation when Shoko was studying, then he suddenly found the Yokan on her desk)

L-Elf: Is that your dinner? You should also get some supplements. I must admit that it tastes nice, but still...

Shoko: (smiles) Are you worried about me?

L-Elf: (looks away) Health management is also crucial for an important leader.

(Hmm... I actually screamed like hell when I watched this scene...)

Quote:
You mean this? I though it was a interesting moment lol

Spoiler for for the episode:
shiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters