AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 10:57   Link #141
mayumi

It could be Shouko or it could be evil Haruto designing mechs remembering Shouko for all we know. Either way I would welcome not so sweet innocent Shouko. They always say bubbly characters hide behind a facade very well.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 11:34   Link #142
novalysis

Shouko, I think is intended to be what a more Genki version of a Flay Alster might have been like if she had Lacus Clyne's charisma and competency, plot armor, and found herself on the road to power. Aided by L-Elf, clearly, a callback to Lelouch and Light. Her character is probably core to the "send them up" of Mecha anime that this show seems to be aiming for.

With an Osanajimi that on the outside seems to suffer from the Herbivorous harem LN protagonist syndrome, but is actually slightly more complex than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if twelve more episodes down the line, we'd be seeing Shouko delivering an "Obey me world" speech, given by a female protagonist who takes over the world by sacrificing half her soul, while accentuating the darker half.

Mmmm... dictatorship of the Haruhi-clones....

In more seriousness though, I think Shouko is going to be the main heroine, (or anti-heroine) much like Sayaka Miki was. I suspect, in the writer's mind, Haruto isn't the true protagonist, but Shouko.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 11:56   Link #143
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if twelve more episodes down the line, we'd be seeing Shouko delivering an "Obey me world" speech, given by a female protagonist who takes over the world by sacrificing half her soul, while accentuating the darker half.
I think this might happen next ep.
Imagine: huge funeral due to Dorssia's attack and optionally they were betrayed by ARUS during the battle (like they tried to steal a Valvrave), Shouko finds out about her father's plans with Valvraves and decides to continue with them. She gives a speech about how they will use the Valvrave's to create a better world... by conquering the old one. Since all students were hit with tragedy, they cheer for vengeance and New Jior starts building an army.

So rather than Darth Vader she becomes Shouko vi Britannia? ;P

Well whatever happens, I can't wait for next ep
Old 2013-06-22, 11:58   Link #144
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Imagine: huge funeral due to Dorssia's attack and optionally they were betrayed by ARUS during the battle (like they tried to steal a Valvrave), Shouko finds out about her father's plans with Valvraves and decides to continue with them. She gives a speech about how they will use the Valvrave's to create a better world... by conquering the old one. Since all students were hit with tragedy, they cheer for vengeance and New Jior starts building an army.

L-Elf will be happy but not Haruto...
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:02   Link #145
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
L-Elf will be happy but not Haruto...
Lelouch's been partitioned into two. His charisma and politician's skills has been given to a Genki Girl in the tradition of a Haruhi Suzumiya, while his cunning and brilliance has been given to L-elf, who, if the writer had made female would be an emotionless girl in the vein of a Rei or Yuki Nagato.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:38   Link #146
Destined_Fate

So... Shoko as Empress and L-Elf at her side as they conquer all the nations and create a new Empire that the Golden 7 opposes because of reasons.

I really hope we don't have a Black Knights moment in this though. Those guys/gals betrayed Lelouch because their feelings were hurt. >_>
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:52   Link #147
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

That could be the case with shoko.

This is a reality check for her and L-Elf as her adviser will only make her a true leader to her people.

By the way, I hated what the black knights.

Spoiler for off topic cg stuff:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-06-22 at 13:04.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:19   Link #148
Destined_Fate

With Haruto out of the picture as far as lovers are concerned than there is even more hope for L-Elf as he will be by her side as her adviser and maybe even more! Mwahahahahaha!!!!
Old 2013-06-22, 13:30   Link #149
DevilHighDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
With Haruto out of the picture as far as lovers are concerned than there is even more hope for L-Elf as he will be by her side as her adviser and maybe even more! Mwahahahahaha!!!!
I want Haruto to join the Galactic Nazis Empire too! Shoko, L-Elf and Haruto Vs the Golden 7 led by Saki(?) and the world. Husband vs wife(like Shana vs yuji), Haruto want his wife to join him but Saki decline. This will be so interesting!

Edit: Hell, make it a nation led by Haruto and Saki Vs a nation led by Shoko and L-Elf. That will be even more interesting!

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-06-22 at 14:31.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:29   Link #150
shadow1296

Quote:
I want Haruto to join the Galactic Nazis Empire too! Shoko, L-Elf and Haruto Vs the Golden 7 led by Saki(?) and the world. Husband vs wife(like Shana vs yuji), Haruto want his wife to join him but Saki decline. This will be so interesting!

Edit: Hell, make it a nation led by Haruto and Saki Vs a nation led by Shoko and L-Elf. That will even more interesting!
i definitely like that option, that would make it better story the golden seven vs l-elf and shoko
Old 2013-06-22, 14:38   Link #151
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

Well, it was noted that this was considered the first year of the Third Galactic Empire, nothing was ever explicitly stated that Dorssia was the said Empire. Dorssia has already been around for awhile, the only "new" nation is that of Neo-JIOR, of which is being reforged in fire at the moment; whatever comes out of that crucible is of an unknown quality, but all those half-produced Valvraves sure up the ante. I bet there's a full-scale manufacturing plant for the Valvraves in that habitat, and if they could stop the drill, the Neo-JIORians will be at the cusp of a new order, whether bad or good.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:10   Link #152
Destined_Fate

Still Shoko x L-Elf Empire would be awesome and cow/meat mecha? Hah. Shoko still doesn't change even after all that has happened, huh?
Old 2013-06-22, 15:30   Link #153
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

Edit: Hell, make it a nation led by Haruto and Saki Vs a nation led by Shoko and L-Elf. That will be even more interesting!

Haruto x Saki vs. L-Elf x Shouko, hah, talk about your power couples.

I to wouldn't mine seeing Shouko go Darth Vader, it would be interesting to see how everyone else reacts to this especially Haruto.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:40   Link #154
bastek66

Unfortunately for you Lelf loves Liselotte
Old 2013-06-22, 16:43   Link #155
DevilHighDxD

Shoko may also not necessary be the one create the Galactic Empire, if she fell in love with L-Elf and L-Elf also vice versa. L-Elf may be the one who formed the empire and Shoko have to fight and defeat him to win him back. If Haruto join L-Elf, then it can be well Haruto x L-Elf Vs Saki x Shoko. Waifu fighting their husbando in order to get them back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
We don't know yet!
Old 2013-06-22, 16:45   Link #156
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
So? He doesn't need to love Shouko: he must just see relationship with her useful for the time being.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:50   Link #157
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Right. And Shoko is clearly in love with Haruto. With the way the series is playing up the romance I doubt she's just gonna forget about Haruto.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:51   Link #158
Fjoergyn

Liselotte has had little screen time saying not play a role beyond childhood friend xD
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 17:06   Link #159
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

When I first said she's deathfroof, I also thought she'd become Darth Vader. I'm crazy for thinking this. Not literally she'd wear a mask with built-in-oxygen-inhaler-vaporizer and muffle herself with a black cloak, she'd just succumb to her dark side. . . . Ah guess? Asdfghjkldamn I got wild imaginations.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-06-22 at 17:44.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 21:07   Link #160
bastek66

Quote:
We don't know yet!

Tags
characters