AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 13:11   Link #81
ChronoReverse

She'll just punch Ten-Tails. We already know she can punch ultra hard and since she's "gathering her chakra" she's going to punch extra hard.

Yeah, I'm not buying it either =X
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 13:36   Link #82
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Team 7 reborn.
Oh yeah sorry Sai, you can go learn all about friendship somewhere else now.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:02   Link #83
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

does sasuke susanoo change colors now? you know, becomes less evil looking lol
Old 2013-05-22, 14:05   Link #84
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I really liked this one. I especially liked Minato asking about Sakura being Naruto's girlfriend, then comparing her to Kushina. NaruSaku anybody? Let's hope so.

I also hope Naruto can have more interaction with his father.
Welp, looks like both of Naruto's parents are NaruSaku shippers after all! Kishimoto really likes teasing it both ways. How many chapters ago was it where him and Hinata had their little shippy moment

Anyway, as silly as Sasuke's redemption is, this chapter had some nice surprises, that pretty much everyone has covered by now. Him suddenly saying he'll be Hokage was actually shocking, I definitely wasn't expecting that.

And hey, Kishimoto must have finally read all the complaints about Sakura being a poorly treated, useless female character! (not inherently useless because she's female, useless because she's a female he's written to be useless - just want to clear that up) I have absolutely no idea if anything positive will come of her badass confidence, or if Kishimoto will amazingly drop the ball with this easy opportunity to have her do something, just like I'm not sure if Tetsuya Nomura will do the same with Kairi in Kingdom Hearts, but I'm hoping for the best.

Although something other than a super duper mega punch would be ideal
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:34   Link #85
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan;469nine tails?, looks like both of Naruto's parents are NaruSaku shippers after all! Kishimoto really likes teasing it both ways. How many chapters ago was it where him and Hinata had their little shippy moment :eyespin:

Anyway, as silly as Sasuke's redemption is, this chapter had some nice surprises, that pretty much everyone has covered by now. Him suddenly saying he'll be Hokage was actually shocking, I definitely wasn't expecting that.

And hey, Kishimoto must have finally read all the complaints about Sakura being a poorly treated, useless female character! (not inherently useless because she's female, useless because she's a female he's written to be useless - just want to clear that up) I have absolutely no idea if anything positive will come of her badass confidence, or if Kishimoto will amazingly drop the ball with this easy opportunity to have her [b
do something[/b], just like I'm not sure if Tetsuya Nomura will do the same with Kairi in Kingdom Hearts, but I'm hoping for the best.

Although something other than a super duper mega punch would be ideal
Susooano covered ninetails
Old 2013-05-22, 14:36   Link #86
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So you're saying Sasuke and Naruto are going to become one? My god, you're just trying to set even more shippers off, aren't you!?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:51   Link #87
Xagzan

Quote:
Not sure why you quoted me on that. I didn't say anything about either.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:04   Link #88
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

After reading another translated version(The one I trusted the most), I think there's a big difference with what Naruto said on the 1st version to what I read just now. I think people were jumping to conclusion(like me) after the 1st version. LOL

Anyway, unless, I didn't understand it correctly.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:10   Link #89
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

10 seals and such...well five atleast

Spoiler for 10 seals:

Heck i'm not even dissapointed. atleast he left some type of opening for them to fight over something. Also I'm glad no one just jumped on the sasuke band wagon. well not all of them atleast
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:13   Link #90
Ushio the Omega

So Sasuke and Juugo have arrived but where are Orochimaru, Karin and Suigetsu? going to the 5 Kages maybe? as Karin would be ideal to help heal them so that the full character roster could be completed.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:18   Link #91
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i actually found some of the scenes funny.
i thought hashirama dismissing madara was funny and then madara's face was hilarious. and the girlfriend line was good too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Now, all that is left is, surprise butt-sex by Orochimaru.
lol yep. my money is on hiruzen being first in line to receive it. he just can't pay enough for raising such an evil student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've already given up on good story or romance long ago, but a fun chapter like this is truly a bliss.
when was romance ever an option?

Quote:
wrapped in a giant slug
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:27   Link #92
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Madara's reaction was hilarious. He finally dropped that whole "hatred" thing and became more hotheaded. Also, everybody's reaction to Sasuke's claim was pretty good.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:51   Link #93
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Team 7 reborn.
Oh yeah sorry Sai, you can go learn all about friendship somewhere else now.
You acted like any of us cared about Sai in the first place. At least we know now that Kishi didn't, either.
Old 2013-05-22, 15:54   Link #94
Cookie-Monster

I don't mind sasuke wanting to be hokage. The backdrop was set with the whole Hashirama/Madara fiasco over making Madara the hokage. Maybe sasuke gleaned some insight from that story that made hinged his decision to become "good" on him become hokage.

One of those "I see, it might just work, but only if I become hokage" lines of thought.

The problem for me is the clunky dialogue. Why would Sasuke choose that moment (the possibly the worst moment of all) to declare he wants to be hokage? Why not let the moment breathe and give the fans their nerdy delight? It completely kills the long anticipated reunion. Hundreds of chapters fans have looked forward to a possible team-7 getting back together. And the moment gets ruined by a pointless sasuke line.

Both Madara and Itachi (even during his villain role) were both ultimately "likeable" characters in their own strange way. Sasuke was exactly the same throughout the early manga. Brooding but likeable. Then as soon as he went on his emo-path with Orochimaru, he turned into a complete dickhead. And his timing on wanting to be hokage is the epitome of that.

Overall though, I enjoyed the chapter. Glad Kishi didn't milk the suspense with 4 more weeks of obito/kakashi.

Poor hinata. So cute and always unloved. Maybe things would have been easier if Kishi had drawn Hinata as ugly.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:00   Link #95
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I don't mind sasuke wanting to be hokage. The backdrop was set with the whole Hashirama/Madara fiasco over making Madara the hokage. Maybe sasuke gleaned some insight from that story that made hinged his decision to become "good" on him become hokage.

One of those "I see, it might just work, but only if I become hokage" lines of thought.

The problem for me is the clunky dialogue. Why would Sasuke choose that moment (the possibly the worst moment of all) to declare he wants to be hokage? Why not let the moment breathe and give the fans their nerdy delight? It completely kills the long anticipated reunion. Hundreds of chapters fans have looked forward to a possible team-7 getting back together. And the moment gets ruined by a pointless sasuke line.

Both Madara and Itachi (even during his villain role) were both ultimately "likeable" characters in their own strange way. Sasuke was exactly the same throughout the early manga. Brooding but likeable. Then as soon as he went on his emo-path with Orochimaru, he turned into a complete dickhead. And his timing on wanting to be hokage is the epitome of that.

Overall though, I enjoyed the chapter. Glad Kishi didn't milk the suspense with 4 more weeks of obito/kakashi.

Poor hinata.
Personally I thought Sasuke declaring "I want to be Hokage" was really out of left field. I was like, "SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT?"

It's also ridiculous. You can't go off as a missing-nin for several years (which is as good as being a criminal in the ninja world, and that's not even counting the fact that he attacked the other Kages) then expect to come back and have people accept you as your leader. It doesn't exactly work that way.

And Naruto had better become to Hokage. He's been saying it from day one, so it better come true. Besides, he actually does deserve it, considering all he's done thus far. He's the Hero of Konoha.

And yeah, poor Hinata. IMO, Hinata > Sakura, if for no other reason than Hinata actually has clear feelings for Naruto whereas Sakura is continuously ambiguous in whether or not she has true feelings for Naruto or if she's still in love with Sasuke.
Old 2013-05-22, 16:06   Link #96
The Green One

Ah shipping, how you amuse me so. It should be blatantly obvious that Romance is not the primary, secondary, or even tertiary focus of this manga, any pairings at all are going to be after thoughts at best. The only reason it's even in at all because all this back and forth teasing/trolling gets such explosive reactions from the rabid shipping armies who fall for it again and again and again.....
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:07   Link #97
b1gdawg

I haven't read the previous 5 pages, so this might have been mentioned already, but:

Does Super Saiyan (covered in Kyuubi chakra) Minato mean he sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakra inside himself, and not inside the Death God?
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:10   Link #98
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
I haven't read the previous 5 pages, so this might have been mentioned already, but:

Does Super Saiyan (covered in Kyuubi chakra) Minato mean he sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakra inside himself, and not inside the Death God?
Minato had taken it into himself and since he was doomed to be sucked into the Death God it was basically the same thing at that point. Being released like this was not something he was expecting.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:24   Link #99
DJ*

The 1st and 2nd were sealed inside the 3rd when he was pulled into the Death God...
I guess there's no point wasting time questioning why they were released but the Kyuubi chakra wasn't

I enjoyed the chapter though. Funny throughout, intentionally or not.
Old 2013-05-22, 16:30   Link #100
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post

The problem isn't really the moment nor the dialogue and as far as rationale goes Sasuke has the best reason for wanting to become Hokage but his characterization is so ridiculous and all over the place that the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. A few days back he was laughing maniacally and backstabbing his comrade and two hours ago he wanted everybody in Konoha dead.
Erase crazy Sasuke from existence and make an evolution between a Sasuke seeking the death of Konoha's Elders into someone who would rather replace them to make things better could make sense but as it is it's just a lazy and risible way to reconstruct Sasuke into a protagonist and Naruto's rival overnight.
But then it's not really surprising when you see what happened to the Kyubi.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion