AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 16:38   Link #41
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

For a moment I thought they were still not done with Sado...

Anyway, whoa, so Kanetsugu is Kenshin's son? Oh my...

(Also, what with both Keiji and that nun running around in full body Western armors, I'm disappointed that Oda Nobunaga of all people didn't wear one. Well OK, he was at home and all, but if we ever see him on the battlefield I hope he'll be wearing some fancy Western armor.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:53   Link #42
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
For a moment I thought they were still not done with Sado...

Anyway, whoa, so Kanetsugu is Kenshin's son? Oh my...

(Also, what with both Keiji and that nun running around in full body Western armors, I'm disappointed that Oda Nobunaga of all people didn't wear one. Well OK, he was at home and all, but if we ever see him on the battlefield I hope he'll be wearing some fancy Western armor.)
Well, in "Keiji" and "Sakon" mangas Nobunaga DID wear his famous black armor with red cape.

Lol, after first 5 episodes I thought that I was reading a wrong "Kanetsugu to Keiji" manga, but no, it's just out of order.

And is it just me, or Koichi Yamadera as Nobunaga sounds too similar to Akio Ohtsuka? I even mistook them before I watched credits
AntonKutovoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:52   Link #43
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Oh my, all the Passionate Male Friendship and Manly Bonding in this series... *fans self* So romantic... And finally we have Kanetsugu's BFF, I look forward to some more manly bonding sessions between Kanetsugu and Mitsunari.

I really enjoyed these last two episodes. Keiji and Kanetsugu having a chat with Nobunaga's ghost was kind of awesome, as was the scene between Kanetsugu and Keiji in the end of ep 8, and young Kanetsugu's "Nobunaga can kiss my ass" performance was great. I can't help but like the guy more and more. His sense of humor doesn't hurt. Also, is it just me, or did Kanetsugu pick up Keiji's pipe habit? Except instead of a pipe he chews on what seems to be a kanzashi.

The cast continues to get more and more delicious. Kuroda Takaya? Oh yes, come back and talk some more, Mountain Guy. And Mitsunari is played by someone whose main profile is not even voice acting? He hasn't talked a lot in this episode, so I'm curious. You'd think someone like this guy would rather go for conventional pretty boy roles...

By the way, the Terrible Truth behind Kanetsugu's birth seems to be the worst-kept secret in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
And is it just me, or Koichi Yamadera as Nobunaga sounds too similar to Akio Ohtsuka? I even mistook them before I watched credits
He didn't ping me as Ootsuka, but I didn't recognize him either... I don't think I've heard him in such a manly role before. xD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-08-21 at 17:03. Reason: url fail
Old 2013-08-21, 17:15   Link #44
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also, is it just me, or did Kanetsugu pick up Keiji's pipe habit? Except instead of a pipe he chews on what seems to be a kanzashi.
It's not just you. And I'm seriously annoyed that he did. Well, maybe not seriously. But c'mon! One of the ways I could tell the men apart in mid-range shots was because Keiji was the one with the pipe in his mouth & Kanetsugu wasn't. Now they both have pipes in their mouths. How am I supposed to tell them apart now when their topnots aren't in view?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 19:20   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe that's why Keiji shaved his head.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 07:35   Link #46
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
How am I supposed to tell them apart now when their topnots aren't in view?
Easy - one will be married and the other one won't

Anyway, judging by the name of the next episode, there will be flashback epieode about Kanetsugu. Maybe the first chapters of the manga, that were omitted.
Old 2013-09-12, 17:09   Link #47
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

These last episodes were pretty good, although after the last one I fear I might just turn into a man by the end of this audience, from all the secondhand testosterone... XDD (seriously, turns out Hideyoshi is secretly badass, then there's the guy Mitsunari called who's so badass he just exudes the Miasma of Kickass all over the place, and then of course Kanetsugu starts doing it, too, and let's not even talk about Keiji... XD)

Mitsunari's seiyuu may be something of a rookie, but he has a really good voice. I hope I'll hear him more in the future. Due to certain cirtumstances I don't have a lot of love for Ishida Mitsunari (and Shima Sakon) nowadays, but I want to see more of him in this incarnation. Especially some BFF scenes with Kanetsugu...
Old 2013-09-13, 09:59   Link #48
AntonKutovoi

I was kinda expecting Hara's Sakon to show up, but we've got another guy instead (if that's Sakon, of course)
Old 2013-09-13, 11:16   Link #49
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Black Miasma Guy wasn't Sakon, Sakon was the one who went to get him on Mitsunari's order, and I think he wasn't on-screen yet.
Old 2013-09-17, 17:05   Link #50
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

^Cast list says Black Miasma guy was Yagyuu Muneaki.

This was again a good episode, Keiji was awesome as always. Kanetsugu's Kenshin trick is getting a bit old, but I guess when you're as awesome as him you can't really help channeling your dead father who was apparently the epitome of awesomeness... But Keiji! What have you done to your beautiful hair... ;__;

By the way, the transition from Hideyoshi's audience to him feeding his fish was really cool.
Old 2013-09-18, 22:02   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Keiji is just so awesome that pose was just so funny

So how many episodes in the 13 or 26
Old 2013-09-19, 11:54   Link #52
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So how many episodes in the 13 or 26
Crunchyroll lists the show in its continuing simulcast Fall line-up. So expect another 13 episodes at least. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:19   Link #53
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Crunchyroll lists the show in its continuing simulcast Fall line-up. So expect another 13 episodes at least. [Source]
Yay! I was starting to feel sad about it ending next week, so I'm pretty happy about this. (Come on writers, do that anecdote! This Kanetsugu can totally pull it off.)
Old 2013-09-24, 15:51   Link #54
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Awwww, the big Kanetsugu & Mitsunari BFF scene was even more bromantic than I'd expected. They're connected by Fate! (Then again, I should've expected something full of Manly Passion...) The scene with Nobunaga and Mitsunari was pretty great, too. And Shima Sakon is Hamada Kenji. When was the last time I heard him?

And I wouldn't have thought that all the posturing in the previous episode actually had a purpose.

Everyone in this show, even mangy oyaji like Sakon, has such pretty hair. I'm getting jealous.
Old 2013-09-24, 18:15   Link #55
melina_putri

Looks like next week episode (episode 14) will be a recap of episode 1-13 according to TV Tokyo, so Crunchyroll probably isn't going to simulcast it.
I guess the 2nd season listed on the official site is just referring to the 2nd cour.

Edit: Crunchyroll listed episode 14 on their schedule, looks like they aren't skipping it despite it is going to be a recap.

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-09-25 at 22:44.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 00:30   Link #56
AntonKutovoi

So, another Hara's main character has finally appeared. And voiced by Kenji Hamada. Well, hello there, Susanoo. Manly voice for manly anime. Too bad they cut the first meeting of Higuchi and Nobunaga. Scene between Nobunaga and Mitsunari would've been much better that way.
Old 2013-10-09, 01:33   Link #57
AntonKutovoi

New opening and ending. I liked previous ones more. Anyway, Otani Yoshitsugu does not look like I expected. And seems like Masamune and Yukimura will appear soon.
Old 2013-10-09, 06:02   Link #58
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
And seems like Masamune and Yukimura will appear soon.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but aww yessss. Do a good job on them, story! (Although I'm fairly sure we won't see the siege of Osaka, since iirc Keiji was already dead by then... no badass Yukimura one-liner...)
Old 2013-10-09, 06:10   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Or Kuroageha...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 07:28   Link #60
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Well, at least we can be sure that this Yukimura won't prance around in his boxers while wearing purple butterfly wings...

Tags
action, historical, shounen