AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 21:38   Link #441
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready

So just saw the news. I actually think I literally called this I said I hoped we would see Index having a good role, Mikoto, and Othinus stuff after the first announcement so my dreams came true

I hope that Mikoto either actually does something useful here considering the shock railgun manga readers recently got... I want her to make up for her really lame part in the last volume. Though it seems like Kamachi including her is a possible attempt at that.

I really hope Index has a good part here. She has been growing on me lately for some reason. I really like her in the LN's apparently. She's a much better done character there IMO. I'm starting to like her more in the anime as well... I hope we get to see more action from her. After all, if she didn't have some important role to play it would make the title Toaru Majutsu no Index seem at least a little weird in the end. She had a very important role in LN 22, but I hope we get to see more action from her here because the series is still just called New Testament after all and still has the Index part of the series in its name. It does not refer to Touma, Hamazura, or Accelerator.

Anyway, I hope Mikoto has a good role, but am excited to see Touma's interactions with Lessar (I can't wait) and Levinia( even more excited).

You know... though... I had changed my mind about Mikoto appearing after I heard about those two appearing in his bed, because I thought to myself that she would kill him if she found out... but... I guess she's still there... or at least is in the same volume... Covers clearly refer to some part of the book... but of course may lie about the intention of what is going on. Even the synopsis as we saw last volume can do that so we don't have that many leads... But I also hope that Accelerator gets involved and finally does some things with the magic side. I don't think Mikoto deserves so much action... when Accelerator who finally got white wings isn't having the opportunity to do so as well Oh well...

Well... this volume seems like it'll be great once again. One month and 1 day until it officially comes out... and less than that before spoilers are out... how lovely

And... oh yeah... I am hoping for Tsuchimikado's reappearance...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 21:45   Link #442
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I saw it, but I can't help associating it in the context of an actual physical fight given your other words surrounding it.
It was not my intent, however I can see where you're getting at, and honestly though? It's a logical assumption to come to; in this series most if not all of the character developement comes preceding, is during, or right after a fight to the death. Guess I'm wishing for too much with Index huh? *Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
And yet:
Isn't that what a Guile Hero does? Winning thanks to his wits and his knowledge?
That's not a what Guile hero is, I don't know what the term you're describing is called. Guile heroes are meant to be manipulative with a well-meaning goal in mind, I've never read of Index ever doing that.

Quote:
Just because Index didn't have a one-on-one fight/ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny didn't mean she didn't have a role in deciding the outcome.
Never did I imply this tid-bit, just for Index... to be significant, in comparable terms of what the other characters do, I wan't for her to do like a large fracton of the work needed to be done to avert a crisis (not all the time mind you), say like... 25-50% range.

Quote:
Road to Endymion, for example.
For Road to Endymion, I haven't seen it yet, since I'm avoiding all spoilers like the plague and awaiting the translated subtitles, since my sub-standard understanding of Japanese isn't enough to get me by. So you'll have to excuse my lack of knowlegde regarding the movie.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 21:56   Link #443
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
It was not my intent, however I can see where you're getting at, and honestly though? It's a logical assumption to come to; in this series most if not all of the character developement comes preceding, is during, or right after a fight to the death. Guess I'm wishing for too much with Index huh? *Sigh*
No, perhaps I was too hasty (again).

I completely agree with the notion that we could use more character development for Index- But the same goes for every other character in this series. You could say Accelerator has the most character development as well as the easiest to understand (Redemption) but if you look at it Accelerator has been fighting the SAME issue all the time.

The same goes for Mikoto, she's still struggling with her love problems all this time.

What bothers me is that your initial wording/intent (your first post) seems to imply that what Index does is 'worthless' because that's not true at all.

Quote:
For Road to Endymion, I haven't seen yet, since I'm avoiding all spoilers like the plague and awaiting the translated subtitles, since my sub-standard understanding of Japanese isn't enough to get me by. So you'll have to excuse my lack of knowlegde regarding the movie.
[Road to Endymion] is a sidestory prequel to the movie, the only thing connecting them is that they both involves the Space Elevator at some point, but it doesn't spoil anything about the movie.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:08   Link #444
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, perhaps I was too hasty (again).

I completely agree with the notion that we could use more character development for Index- But the same goes for every other character in this series. You could say Accelerator has the most character development as well as the easiest to understand (Redemption) but if you look at it Accelerator has been fighting the SAME issue all the time.
Accelerator's path to redemption and forgiveness if far from over, his journey will continue.

Quote:
The same goes for Mikoto, she's still struggling with her love problems all this time.
Such is love. /lame retort

Quote:
What bothers me is that your initial wording/intent (your first post) seems to imply that what Index does is 'worthless' because that's not true at all.
I need better articulation with my wording huh? I'll try to be more clear next time something like this comes up.

Quote:
[Road to Endymion] is a sidestory prequel to the movie, the only thing connecting them is that they both involves the Space Elevator at some point, but it doesn't spoil anything about the movie.
Good to know, danke comrade.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:23   Link #445
dniv

Does anyone else think that Mikoto should start worrying about something other than her love for Touma eventually like maybe find out about the parameter list so she actually has some non-love-connected meaningful character development. It is somewhat sad that at this point in the Index LN's she only has character development if it has to do with making a closer relationship between her and Touma... Accelerator at least has everything he is doing to combat attempts to annoy the sisters like Chaos2frozen mentioned (at least about Accelerator having the easiest to understand backstory and motivations...) I feel like Mikoto should kind of get more depth as a character hopefully... On another note... Index is usually motivated by food, but we haven't seen much of her in action since OT 22 and NT 2/7 briefly really when she had small parts... Now that magic side trouble is happening again... I wonder if the memory loss issue with the lying will come up again... she never actually forgave him... she just kinda of shushed him when he was going to apologize... since they are going to be talking about magic again presumably... I wonder if a sore spot will be hit.

I want to see more character development for Touma this volume. Recently he has come to terms with the fact that he will have losses and that he can't save everyone but try his best anyway (NT 4, NT 7). This entire trend of this new Touma in New Testament has been really nice to see. I hope this trend continues and gets even better this volume. Kamachi really has a lot of elements he needs to try to add in every volume to try to please what everyone wants to see (I mean he doesn't need to do this... but fans complain otherwise ) I hope we see the rest of the major arcana this volume as well... Levinia hadn't used all of them before after all (because she went easy on Touma I guess???)
Old 2013-08-09, 22:46   Link #446
Miraluka
18 forever

^
Hit Touma where it hurts, injure/attack someone close to him so badly enough to make him throw away his own philosophy like the hicking incident from vol.17.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:47   Link #447
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

But didn't Accel admit that he can't atone for what he'd done and receive forgiveness? It seems his path isn't directed on atonement but on "to become what only he could be" already. I think it is like a twist in his character development.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:51   Link #448
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
^
Hit Touma where it hurts, injure/attack someone close to him so badly enough to make him throw away his own philosophy like the hicking incident from vol.17.
Dark thought here but... have him kill someone? Or does the incident in vol. 2 where he nearly kills the Aureolus clone rule it out?
Old 2013-08-09, 22:55   Link #449
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

We shouldn't consider character's actions when they go berserk while doing such things(killing etc), should we?
Old 2013-08-09, 22:56   Link #450
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

They have to own-up to what they did, take responsibility and all that.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:28   Link #451
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Dark thought here but... have him kill someone? Or does the incident in vol. 2 where he nearly kills the Aureolus clone rule it out?
In the last volume he was going to kill someone to save someone else actually

which was pretty big

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:31   Link #452
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
In the last volume he was going to kill someone to save someone else actually

which was pretty big
As far as we know, he didn't dwell on it much, which is the part I actually really want to see; not the actually killing.
Old 2013-08-10, 01:22   Link #453
dniv

Quote:
As far as we know, he didn't dwell on it much, which is the part I actually really want to see; not the actually killing.

Yeah. I agree. I want to see Touma's internal monologue that's keeping him going... though no doubt it will only be revealed at the climax of NT just like the 1st part of Touma's philosophy was really revealed in volume 22 of OT...

Going back to recent revelations in the railgun manga... I am curious. What do you guys think would happen if Rikou was forced to awaken? Do you think it would be possible? Since she has the potential to be a level 5... could she maybe reach her powers in way like that? Do you think that some future arc in Index LNs might cover something just like that?...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-08-10 at 01:57.
Old 2013-08-10, 03:47   Link #454
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Yay, the cover's out! Not what I was expecting though. Looks like Touma will have a lot of problems with those four girls(especially Lessar). What's the bet that Lessar is gonna make some vague comments/actions in front of the others about her's and Touma's relationship that will result in electrocution and teeth marks. This volume looks to be an extreme "Fuko Da!" for TouMAN. And the look on Lessar's face in the cover helps support my expectations.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:06   Link #455
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah. I agree. I want to see Touma's internal monologue that's keeping him going... though no doubt it will only be revealed at the climax of NT just like the 1st part of Touma's philosophy was really revealed in volume 22 of OT...

Going back to recent revelations in the railgun manga... I am curious. What do you guys think would happen if Rikou was forced to awaken? Do you think it would be possible? Since she has the potential to be a level 5... could she maybe reach her powers in way like that? Do you think that some future arc in Index LNs might cover something just like that?...

she has the possibility but i don't think she has the capacity yet

now regarding touma's philosophy rather focusing what kind of beliefs what matters is the results of his efforts. if his ideals maybe right or wrong for many but because his efforts he manages to successfully smash it in front of others.

if you change his character he could become the main character of guilty crown which is more stupid

I have an idea with regard's to Mugino growing wings. Having Frends reappear again

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2013-08-10 at 04:49.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 06:39   Link #456
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
well, Touman considered all the possibilities, he knew that even Yakumi being formed by AIM field that does not forgive or justify killing her, he always treated strangers (Sisters, Kazakiri, Frau-chan) as people, but if he did not nothing would only see Rensa be killed in front of him, was unexpected to him take this attitude, many believe that he knew would Rensa save Yakumi, but he has partial pregonition, not vision of the future, he also could not know that she had a backup, in the best of hypotheses he still risked the life of another person, and did all that conscious. I think it's like someone said a long time, Touma does not mind counteract own philosophy, which actually destroy it is to have to fight friends without knowing what's going on
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 06:49   Link #457
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Index is usually motivated by food
*facepalm*

Sigh, two words- Kazakiri Hyouka.

Now try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
well, Touman considered all the possibilities, he knew that even Yakumi being formed by AIM field that does not forgive or justify killing her, he always treated strangers (Sisters, Kazakiri, Frau-chan) as people, but if he did not nothing would only see Rensa be killed in front of him, was unexpected to him take this attitude, many believe that he knew would Rensa save Yakumi, but he has partial pregonition, not vision of the future, he also could not know that she had a backup, in the best of hypotheses he still risked the life of another person, and did all that conscious. I think it's like someone said a long time, Touma does not mind counteract own philosophy, which actually destroy it is to have to fight friends without knowing what's going on
It's not really that big of a dilemma, from his perspective at that time.

It's either do something and save her, or do nothing and let her die.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-08-10 at 09:15.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 12:41   Link #458
Birdway

How long should I wait until a better resolution of the cover???

I wonder if Kamachi will put the usual Touma no ecchi scenes with Index, the author wasn't able to do that much since things got serious with GRS arc after vol.12.

PS: Its obvious Lessar will include ecchi, sexy time, so her its out of question .
Old 2013-08-10, 12:50   Link #459
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I wonder if Kamachi will put the Touma no ecchi usual scenes with Index, the author wasn't able to do that much since things got serious with GRS arc after vol.12.
Even in a volume with a devilish girl sporting a "tail", poor Index is stuck as the service provider.

And everyone has already begun to think what kind of horrible, mind breaking thing will happen to Touma this time around. I can't think of much worse than what happened in the last volume, unless someone close dies for real, in front of him, and considering the cast we have for this volume, I really, REALLY, don't want to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
PS: Its obvious Lessar will include ecchi, sexy time, so her its out of question .
I really hope Kamachi doesn't troll us with this one. Lessar deserves some serious ecchi material.

P.S: Maybe someone, somewhere will finally feel like making a doujin with her, at long last. Seriously, there's NOTHING.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 13:14   Link #460
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

P.S: Maybe someone, somewhere will finally feel like making a doujin with her, at long last. Seriously, there's NOTHING.
That reminds me that Mahaya/Nanao is making a Rikou x Hamazura x Saiai doujin.

Tags
novel predictions