AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 44 39.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 33.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 15.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 05:06   Link #201
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Those guys died when inside thus only dead Titan was pooped out. I'm sure Mikasa and maybe Armin would survive the process of being eaten than pooped out as a Titan too! I mean Eren did it, why not them?

For all we know Eren's daddy injected them all as a back up!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:41   Link #202
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Those guys died when inside thus only dead Titan was pooped out. I'm sure Mikasa and maybe Armin would survive the process of being eaten than pooped out as a Titan too! I mean Eren did it, why not them?

For all we know Eren's daddy injected them all as a back up!
"Hey! MAYBE my dad has given you the same power as me, but I am not sure, but meh, it will be fine! Just try it!....... Huh? What if he didn't give you the same power... ahh that's like totally not important! Just try it, and if it fails you just die, no biggie, right?"

^is what you are basically saying.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:01   Link #203
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
"Just try it, and if it fails you just die, no biggie, right?"
Hey I thought this was like " If you die then you are human, if not then you are Titan", now where did I heard that . . .
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 13:09   Link #204
andromeda0201
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I marathoned this anime up to the latest episode and am now hating myself due to the awful wait(s) from now on
Loved the introduction of Levi and Hanji though (did not recognize Paku Romi's voice!! Shame on me!). I know the story is about despair but it's nice to see actually capable characters for once. Plus with Levi's "deadfish" eyes, I half-expected him to shake away the dying comrade's hand, boy was I mistaken.

Watching this anime with good headphones just brings out all the glory of the soundtrack, urgh I'm so happy Sawano is in charge!
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 16:51   Link #205
zeando
maybenotimome
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Hey I thought this was like " If you die then you are human, if not then you are Titan", now where did I heard that . . .
lol, fire on the titans!
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:06   Link #206
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
How did Eren knew that biting his hand will summon UltraTitan...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:13   Link #207
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
"Hey! MAYBE my dad has given you the same power as me, but I am not sure, but meh, it will be fine! Just try it!....... Huh? What if he didn't give you the same power... ahh that's like totally not important! Just try it, and if it fails you just die, no biggie, right?"

^is what you are basically saying.
Science demands sacrifices!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:35   Link #208
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Science demands sacrifices!
Maybe. But in the hypothetical case that it was me and you to be Eren's friends, would you be okay to be the first to sacrifice for science? I'd let you go ahead.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:08   Link #209
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hey, they could have Eren capture a Titan open its mouth and have a volunteer to enter it and do the same thing Eren done... What you think guys?
You go first. I rather remain in ignorance on this issue.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:14   Link #210
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Maybe. But in the hypothetical case that it was me and you to be Eren's friends, would you be okay to be the first to sacrifice for science? I'd let you go ahead.
Mikasa and Armin have the highest chances of success, only right they go first!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:25   Link #211
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Mikasa and Armin have the highest chances of success, only right they go first!
You ignored the other hypothetical question there. If not first, why not second or third? Would you still be willing to go?
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:38   Link #212
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Don't worry, I'm willing to wait much longer after everyone else until I'm the last as the one forwarding the experiment shouldn't actually be a sacri-lab r-test subject too!

I have faith that Mikasa would at least succeed as her love for Eren Titan is more powerful. Besides think about it... Mikasa can be the first Female Titan! Think of the chaos she could cause with her already super human abilities!

Whatever the case we're getting off topic. >_>
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:54   Link #213
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Don't worry, I'm willing to wait much longer after everyone else until I'm the last as the one forwarding the experiment shouldn't actually be a sacri-lab r-test subject too!

I have faith that Mikasa would at least succeed as her love for Eren Titan is more powerful. Besides think about it... Mikasa can be the first Female Titan! Think of the chaos she could cause with her already super human abilities!

Whatever the case we're getting off topic. >_>
Well, insight is the first step, right?


Anyway, I hope the recap episode will not be EP10... They cannot leave us for another week with a cliffhanger like this! Yes Yes, we can always check the Manga, but "one does not simply walk into Mangaland".
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 03:45   Link #214
claw assassin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
this is the anime it all kill and blood
claw assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 19:41   Link #215
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
The Titan form seems to be just like a summoned armor suit rather then a transformation. When Eren pop out from the neck area, he was just next to the collar spine area. Unlike before when I thought that being eaten cause Eren some how take over the Titan, it looks like he already can call Titan Armor with the stuff his dad injected and only triggered when he was eaten. Seems to be triggered by desperation right now but I would guess he will learn to master the summoning and call out the Titan Shell at will later.

The fact that his abilities seems to related to his dad injecting stuff in him and was told to find the basement, it seems to indicate at least some humans (his dad + possibly others) know the secret about summoning Titan shells. Wonder what secret the basement holds.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic63006_2.gif
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:31   Link #216
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Where the Left Arm Went. Battle of Trost - Part 5

Good night, everyone.

Today, I'm continuing my marathon to watch Shingeki no Kyojins' episode 9 - 12.

Start of the ninth episode delivers a prologue that results in a no fresher or rest of peace after all that's happened at Trost with humanity reaching a dead end stalemate for survival.
The prologue goes back with the members of the Survey Corps, whose captain Erwin made two cameo appearances before in the first and fourth episodes. The prologue reintroduces Levi and presents for the first time a few members of his team. His performance in the battlefield makes him alone a deadly force to be reckoned with. He possess the strength, durability, speed, and killer instincts of over 100 men, and I would say only Mikasa can hold her ground if she were to take Levi on a solo fight.

After the prologue, we're thrown back to the pits of hell with a flashback on Eren being inside the Titan that devoured him four episodes earlier. Pretty much sums up that's what awaits those who end up becoming Titan food, and yet an agonizing Eren refused to give up hope prompting his own Titan transformation, and subsequent rampage. However, too bad Eren caught himself drowsing in delirium at a bad timing when Mikasa, Armin, and him got intercepted by the elite of the Garrison force.

The climatic point of tension for this episode depicts that when humans let their fear rule them and getting overwhelmed by their own emotions, then rational thought gets compromised. Add dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of people lost in fear and insanity, and rationality dissipates. One cannot criticize them harshly, because it is in human nature to react with despair in presence of what's unknown or unexplainable to us. The Garrison's freaked out behavior comes as a natural response to the built-up trauma from the casualties suffered at Trost, and they learning about Eren becoming a Titan became a sort of trigger that made them to snap in order to eliminate a perceived threat.

Nevertheless, that's precisely why not all people must give in to fear. Some have to remain sane and try to preserve composure as possible, because those who are truly strong of mind to contain themselves can turn trustworthy and reliable for those who are left fearful and will attempt any means to save themselves or to procure a measure of security.

Let us take note that the moment hell break loose again on Eren, but this time triggered by humans, it comes with perfect timing that Eren observes the key that his father gave him the last Grisha Jäger was seen. That key which went unnoticed by me due to the hell at Trost that prompted not to pay too much attention to it, until this episode.
The key to the basement under Eren's former house that houses the answer about the Titans that he must seek.

From piecing the flashbacks together now it makes sense what Grisha meant to his son about mastering that power. The shot that he gave to Eren contain a sort of catalyzer or substance that gave Eren the power to transform into a Titan, and the episode closes with Eren turning to a partial Titan form due to duress of fearing for the lives of his friends when exposed to imminent death by the Garrison forces. But, that move turned things from bad to worse for the three of them, beholding the towering form of a Titan will only cause more mass hysteria and panic amongst the Garrison forces present there.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 09:27   Link #217
tiya_novlita
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indonesia
Age: 22
Maybe I'm missing something here, or maybe it's actually a time hole, so when did Eren receive that key from his father? As I recall from episode 1 his father left the house (before the Colossal Titan attacked their village) and showing Eren the keys. Eren didn't have that key at that time.
Later they revealed a scene when Eren met with his father again, after his mom's death, in an unknown time and unknown place. Injected him with some kind of drugs and entrusting the keys. And then his father just disappeared again. Nobody know about this...including Mikasa.

So my guess is....sometime after Clara died, then Eren, Mikasa, Armin along with other survivors left from Shiganshina...Eren met his father again. But nobody knows. And Grisha just left without any notifications wtf.
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 09:32   Link #218
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiya_novlita View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here, or maybe it's actually a time hole, so when did Eren receive that key from his father? As I recall from episode 1 his father left the house (before the Colossal Titan attacked their village) and showing Eren the keys. Eren didn't have that key at that time.
Later they revealed a scene when Eren met with his father again, after his mom's death, in an unknown time and unknown place. Injected him with some kind of drugs and entrusting the keys. And then his father just disappeared again. Nobody know about this...including Mikasa.

So my guess is....sometime after Clara died, then Eren, Mikasa, Armin along with other survivors left from Shiganshina...Eren met his father again. But nobody knows. And Grisha just left without any notifications wtf.
That seems about right.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 12:09   Link #219
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I was more wondering what if erens father injected Mikasa with the same titan powers as eren... I mean he was walking to mikasas house from time to time doing health inspection... then he mostly was doing some injections too without anyone knowing

After some time why did Erens father bring Eren along for him to meet mikasa ? was there any special reason why he tugged eren along for him to meet that one girl... maybe eren had this power from birth but has no memory of it (this info about his orgin is locked in that basement)..... so his father in order for eren to have support in hard times injected mikasa with those drugs so one day like eren she can turn and help each other out (not beign alone but someone close he knows really well)

His father was really pushy for eren to meet mikasa... and later on instantly took her in like his own daugher (maybe that special number she got from her mother is important in all this so its crucial for mikasa and maybe armin to live)

eren at the beggining was getting wounded and was bleeding and did not turn.. he was not aware of it.... maybe in order to activate the titan power one has to be very close to death and with lots of desperation and will pointed towards one objective (like eren who was about to melt in tha stomach and his will to kill all titans)... all this made him activate the power.... so maybe mikasa needs to fufill similar experiance in order to awaken :P but since she is soo freaking strong she has slight chance to get near death like eren ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 22:00   Link #220
tiya_novlita
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indonesia
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I was more wondering what if erens father injected Mikasa with the same titan powers as eren... I mean he was walking to mikasas house from time to time doing health inspection... then he mostly was doing some injections too without anyone knowing
Well, that's some nice speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
After some time why did Erens father bring Eren along for him to meet mikasa ? was there any special reason why he tugged eren along for him to meet that one girl... maybe eren had this power from birth but has no memory of it (this info about his orgin is locked in that basement)..... so his father in order for eren to have support in hard times injected mikasa with those drugs so one day like eren she can turn and help each other out (not beign alone but someone close he knows really well)
Maybe Grisha just want Eren to have some friends beside Armin...but that's nice speculation too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
eren at the beggining was getting wounded and was bleeding and did not turn.. he was not aware of it.... maybe in order to activate the titan power one has to be very close to death and with lots of desperation and will pointed towards one objective (like eren who was about to melt in tha stomach and his will to kill all titans)... all this made him activate the power.... so maybe mikasa needs to fufill similar experiance in order to awaken :P but since she is soo freaking strong she has slight chance to get near death like eren ^^
Have you watched the anime 'til the end? It seems that something else might have contribute on "triggering" Eren to become a Titan, rather than having to injured himself, near-death experience and strong will from Eren himself. It has not been established yet what kind of "rules" that have to be fulfilled for Eren in order to transform into Titan mode...as he himself doesn't understand it very well.
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.