AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 38.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 17:42   Link #21
Soverence

Well that was certainly a lovely episode, Kirino and Kuroneko interacting are always some of the best scenes in this series. During the whole Kirino vs Kuroneko argument in the street though, I could not take my eyes off of all the still people around them who totally didn't react at all to Kirino basically screaming in the middle of the city x.x. It bugged me, but not enough to ruin the mood/fun of it all.

When that montage started of all the things they had been through, it makes you realize just how much they actually have been through, it was a nice reminder of all the things that they have been through together and reinforced just how much they actually mean to each other (even if Kirino almost always says the opposite ).
Old 2013-06-01, 17:46   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What the hell is happening? Kirino was actually pretty... cool... and... cute... in this episode. This was the first time I found myself liking her. She's a lot more likable when she's honest with herself. I'm still a bit disturbed by the whole "I don't want my sibling to have a boyfriend/girlfriend" but I was very happy with the way Kyousuke and Kirino's relationship progressed in this episode. Still hoping this won't evolve into incest. It would ruin what they've build. Kuroneko's plan is working surprisingly well so far. She got Kirino and Kyousuke to admit they care about each other, which is a big accomplishment. Hopefully, that won't backfire.

I was also very pleased Kuroneko still has a chance to win. She clearly hasn't given up on Kyousuke. She's just given him and Kirino some room to breathe in order for them to sort out their feelings. Once that's done, she'll attack again! There is still hope, gentlemen! It's a good thing she refrained herself from asking Kyousuke to choose between her and his sister right there and then. This would have destroyed either their relationship or Kyousuke's relationship with Kirino. She needs to be patient.

This episode really felt like a season final. It's hard to believe episode 12 will top this.
Old 2013-06-01, 18:04   Link #23
HandofFate

Kirino.
Please die. Ruined everything

With how S1 had a different ending from the novels, then made OVAs for the true ending.
They should do it with season 2.

Where its a kuroneko ending.
Old 2013-06-01, 18:17   Link #24
GVN.Chaos

Hey, am I the only one notice the last part, when the camera zoom in Kuroneko/Kirino part of the illustration and Kyousuke whispered 'not as long as you think'. I think it's a foreshadow for a 3-some ending
Old 2013-06-01, 18:18   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's a good thing she refrained herself from asking Kyousuke to choose between her and his sister right there and then. This would have destroyed either their relationship or Kyousuke's relationship with Kirino. She needs to be patient.
I think she also realized this based on that final illustration in the Destiny Record, which shows her, Kyousuke, and Kirino together. Remembering her earlier version of that image was just Kirino and Kyousuke, it suggests that she knew the confrontation would happen and that Kyousuke would choose Kirino instead of her (and that this was her plan all along). But she basically lost her courage to allow herself to be outright rejected by Kyousuke in that moment, and so opened the path to the third option. Everything may not have gone exactly "as foreseen by the Destiny Record", but it's arguably going in a better direction for all of them (if it ends up where she hopes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode really felt like a season final. It's hard to believe episode 12 will top this.
Just for what it's worth, as a reminder, the finale will be Episode 16, and 13 the last on TV.
Old 2013-06-01, 18:23   Link #26
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Google Map is your friend LOL...

BTW, Kyousuke & Kirino live in Chiba City I believe. Matsudo and Chiba are not exactly far from each other (Google Map = ~20 miles distance). Both are within Tokyo Metropolitan Area with Matsudo more or less a suburb of Tokyo (It's locate right between the Tokyo core and Chiba City) while Chiba City is a big city on its own but is still kind of a suburb of Tokyo.
It's faster and easier to ask here and by the way thanks for the answer
Old 2013-06-01, 18:26   Link #27
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
7 episodes remain.
I was just thinking about, how many are actually remaining. I feel good, reading this.

Damn great episode. But... If They moved to Chiba, which is close, why did they move in the first place? sin count: 1
Old 2013-06-01, 18:37   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
But... If They moved to Chiba, which is close, why did they move in the first place?
Because they're moving closer to their dad's job, and into company housing. That's probably cheaper than where they used to live, and also closer to the office (less travel time/cost).
Old 2013-06-01, 19:11   Link #29
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
o....key......
That is a trivial phrase. I believe it's a recurring joke in japanese from cultural references (as much as telling a Madona joke in US), at least that's what i think since Kyouske uses "Kirino-san (!) is so reliable i could fall for her" in a tone he is imitating other person. Also, it's not the first time i've seen such a reference in a show, that's why i think it's a trivial and not sematic phrase.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:25   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
That is a trivial phrase. I believe it's a recurring joke in japanese from cultural references (as much as telling a Madona joke in US), at least that's what i think since Kyouske uses "Kirino-san (!) is so reliable i could fall for her" in a tone he is imitating other person. Also, it's not the first time i've seen such a reference in a show, that's why i think it's a trivial and not sematic phrase.
Well, it's a sort of reference to a common literary trope: a character following in love with someone who saved them. Traditionally, it's the "damsel-in-distress" that falls in love with the hero that rescues her ("Oh you're so cool!"), but here it's gender-reversed. So that's the sort of joke he's making: right now she's playing the "hero" role while he's in distress. I think it's a cross between genuine admiration and a bit of self-deprecation (since he probably seems himself as a bit pathetic being led around by the hand by his "suddenly reliable" younger sister, after their roles were reversed so many times before).

I agree with you, though, it shouldn't be taken entirely seriously. It's more of a tongue-in-cheek comment, and in fact they're both just saving each other in times of need. By the same token, if you consider that Kyousuke helping heroines and them falling in love with him is an element of the plot of this show, perhaps it's a bit of lampshade hanging as well.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:31   Link #31
Traece
:cool:

I didn't really have any concerns about the conclusion to this little arc, and I knew it would end tastefully, but I was still nervous nonetheless. I suppose it's only natural to feel that way.

Admittedly, I agree with others who said that Kirino was a much more enjoyable character in this episode. After so long of her being a very infuriating person, it was nice to see her showing he true colors for once. Hopefully this remains a more rare occurrence (although she could stand to tone her usual self down a bit).

It's nice to see another big milestone met by the series, and I'm really interested in seeing what developments are left for the future.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:35   Link #32
Excorsism

They should totally make a different universe where the siblings actually DO get along. Kirino is incredibly adorable when she's this honest. Too bad never, .
Old 2013-06-01, 19:46   Link #33
Deathscyther

Great episode. Kirino was really lovely this episode. If only she'd always be this honest.

This episode showed that both Kyousuke and Kirino care about each other more than anything else. Especially that montage of the two, which showed just how much had happened between them during the series, enforced this feeling. They're always worrying about each other; they always put the other before themselves; they can't stand it when the other one is sad and they don't want to see the other one to start dating someone else. Kirino even wants Kyousuke to see her as his most important person. Kyousuke in turn said 'I could fall for her' during the episode. They look to be ready to start a relationship if you exclude the fact that they're siblings.

I think Kirino's words were the main reason why Kyousuke started dating Kuroneko as well. During episodes 7-8 I didn't really get the feeling that Kyousuke started dating Kuroneko just because he liked her. I'm not doubting that he likes her, but I don't think he was planning to start a relationship with her. To me it seemed that he started dating Kuroneko because Kirino told him to give it some serious thought if a girl he cherishes confessed to him. He probably thought that Kirino wanted him and Kuroneko to start dating. Kyousuke later even asked Kirino if she meant Kuroneko with those words. I wonder if he'd started dating Kuroneko if Kirino had not said anything at that moment as well.

I'm not completely sure, but I think Kirino called Kyousuke by his given name for the first time this episode. She called him both Aniki and Kyousuke, but I wonder if there's a reason why she makes this distinction. At the end of the episode she clearly calls him Kyousuke after all. Maybe she's using his name because deep down she doesn't want to see him a her brother.

This all makes me wonder why Kyousuke's and Kirino's relationship was so bad before the start of the series. This question will probably be answered during the final episodes of the series though. The album Kirino wanted to show Kyousuke before she went to America will probably be important too, since it's in the OP.

Anyways, right now it's 1-0 for Kirino. But I'm sure that Kuroneko will be back to fight for him. She already admitted that much at the end. We'll probably get some focus on Ayase and Manami before getting back to the Kirono-Kyousuke-Kuroneko love triangle though.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:54   Link #34
thundrakkon
Anime-Only Viewer
*Graphic Designer

Kyousuke thanked Kirino in the end, when their roles were reversed. Has Kirino ever thanked Kyousuke? I can't remember a time when she did, at least to his face.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:17   Link #35
Peanutbutter

If the series ends here, I dun think there will be much complaints.

I really like the storytelling so far. The interactions, conversations, that was brilliant.

If the next few episodes can top what happened, I will regard this as a masterpiece.

Though, if we get to incest end, this series will be in the gutters.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:30   Link #36
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Kyousuke thanked Kirino in the end, when their roles were reversed. Has Kirino ever thanked Kyousuke? I can't remember a time when she did, at least to his face.
Season 1, episode 3. "Thank you, aniki" - after he took a beating from his father to protect her hobby.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:38   Link #37
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Did you just skip to the end of the episode or something?
Old 2013-06-01, 21:05   Link #38
VTP-DDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther
I'm not completely sure, but I think Kirino called Kyousuke by his given name for the first time this episode. She called him both Aniki and Kyousuke, but I wonder if there's a reason why she makes this distinction. At the end of the episode she clearly calls him Kyousuke after all. Maybe she's using his name because deep down she doesn't want to see him a her brother.
It's interesting that she interchanges between the two. She uses Aniki, I think, as a way of acknowledging the fact that he is her brother and is probably aware that he responds in a certain way to that title, which could be why she only uses it during their more personal, sibling moments.

I don't think her calling him by his actual name is born out of anything subconscious like you're suggesting, though. He's always called her by her name, so it's only logical that she calls him by his name now that their relationship has reached a mutual understanding and she actually has some respect for him now.
Old 2013-06-01, 21:20   Link #39
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Season 1, episode 3. "Thank you, aniki" - after he took a beating from his father to protect her hobby.
Also season 1, episode 11, when she made that apology. She thanked him then as well.
Old 2013-06-01, 21:46   Link #40
shironeko8

well, that was one heart warming episode, i'm sure a lot of fans will start to like Kirino now.
No doubt, this episode makes me want to Kyousuke and Kirino end up as two siblings who have a very strong unbreakable relationship even more... yes, AS SIBLINGS. That's the whole point of the anime, right? i mean for me and most i guess? I'd totally regret watching this if it ends up in an incest route.
Anyway, glad they executed this episode very nicely.
Kuroneko has not given up yet, people! And nice to see her in her cat-maid outfit again. :3
By the end when Kyousuke said "not as long as you think", in response to what Ruri said, i think he meant that in away it won't take as long as Ruri will have to wait because he's already realized Kirino's true feelings and he's hoping that not long in the future, he and Kuroneko will get back together, with Kirino happily accepting and supporting their relationship.

Next is the wedding dress episode, hope it turns out well too. XD