AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 38.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-01, 21:54   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP-DDM View Post
I don't think her calling him by his actual name is born out of anything subconscious like you're suggesting, though. He's always called her by her name, so it's only logical that she calls him by his name now that their relationship has reached a mutual understanding and she actually has some respect for him now.
I would say using his name is significant because she's using in contrast to "Aniki" (which is a step up from the more indirect addresses she uses to show more distance). For example, when she says "I don't want Kyousuke to get a girlfriend, but it's worse if Aniki cries". If it was just "logical now that they've reached an understanding", she wouldn't purposefully use both terms in the same sentence. She's drawing a contrast between the relationship she has with him as a person, and the relationship she has with him as a sibling, thus her conflicted feelings. (This contrast/conflict was really the main point of this episode and the larger arc of the show, starting with the "fake date".)
Old 2013-06-01, 22:21   Link #42
VTP-DDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I would say using his name is significant because she's using in contrast to "Aniki" (which is a step up from the more indirect addresses she uses to show more distance). For example, when she says "I don't want Kyousuke to get a girlfriend, but it's worse if Aniki cries". If it was just "logical now that they've reached an understanding", she wouldn't purposefully use both terms in the same sentence. She's drawing a contrast between the relationship she has with him as a person, and the relationship she has with him as a sibling, thus her conflicted feelings. (This contrast/conflict was really the main point of this episode and the larger arc of the show, starting with the "fake date".)
I was referring to the scene at the end, since that was the scene Deathscyther mentioned, and didn't intend for my reasons to be applicable to every scene she uses his name, since it's evident that the desired effect is different each time.
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 22:22   Link #43
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Season 1, episode 3. "Thank you, aniki" - after he took a beating from his father to protect her hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also season 1, episode 11, when she made that apology. She thanked him then as well.
Ah, thanks the reminders. My friends and I could not recall if she ever did, considering how outwardly cold she is towards him 99.9% of the time. She did finally warm up this episode, and it improved her image quite a bit. Although, now, depending on how the author develops her will determine if her likeability will stay or not.

As for Kuroneko, I'm guessing that her final picture with the 3 of them is the author's way of foreshadowing the end result. Any other ending will probably cause a lot of rage in the fandom, and they are in the business of making money.

It was a good episode. I both liked and hated Kirino in this episode. Kuroneko was good as always, even if she did bail out at the last minute. However, in retrospect, her bailing out worked out for everyone.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:01   Link #44
ginger02

Can i stop loving this show so much? Eh probably not.
This episode was really cute and the music was spot on at times.
ginger02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 23:11   Link #45
Suzuku
(`・⊝・┤)/\(`・⊝・┤)

I wonder why they made this feel like a last episode.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:36   Link #46
Divini
Senpai!

Did a really good job this episode, I really have no complaints how the 'reverse-counseling' and the confession event was adapted... the facial expressions and the the music really enhanced those scenes nicely. For example, I didn't feel anything but sympathy when Kyosuke sought comfort from Kirino in the LN, but in the anime I was close to crying with him.

Probably the only thing I was disappointed about was that they skipped:
Spoiler for skipped:
Old 2013-06-01, 23:46   Link #47
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
No doubt, this episode makes me want to Kyousuke and Kirino end up as
By the end when Kyousuke said "not as long as you think", in response to what Ruri said, i think he meant that in away it won't take as long as Ruri will have to wait because he's already realized Kirino's true feelings and he's hoping that not long in the future, he and Kuroneko will get back together, with Kirino happily accepting and supporting their relationship.

Next is the wedding dress episode, hope it turns out well too. XD
Keep in mind that the anime was zooming into Kirino and Kuroneko when he said that. I think it's a hint of Kyousuke like all of 3 of them together, just like usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post

As for Kuroneko, I'm guessing that her final picture with the 3 of them is the author's way of foreshadowing the end result. Any other ending will probably cause a lot of rage in the fandom, and they are in the business of making money.

It was a good episode. I both liked and hated Kirino in this episode. Kuroneko was good as always, even if she did bail out at the last minute. However, in retrospect, her bailing out worked out for everyone.
You still manage to hate Kirino in this episode? @.@
Frankly, I think Kuroneko was right to bail out. With little time to think, it's unlikely Kyousuke would properly sort out his feeling. Not to mention what he just knew
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 00:20   Link #48
Micromancer
>_>

Spoiler for comparison to novel:

1. at last kirino.... at last..... that smile has made my day !
2. kuroneko, i feel really bad for her... i would call this "The Passion of the Kuroneko"
3. well, let's look forward to when ayase get the spotlight for one more time !!!!!!
Micromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 02:21   Link #49
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

I find it funny that some people think this anime will end up the incest route. If anything, I doubt they will, and I doubt there will be any resolution to any relationships since the theme of this anime isn't about relationships. It's about how the bro and the sis slowly starting to repair their cold relationship and then everyone lives happily ever after. No way they will end up the incest route. It will be completely far-fetched and make no sense if this anime does end up the incest route.

In any case, this episode certainly shows that as Kyosuke and Kirino's relationship start to repair, Kirino becomes more likable. I want Kuroneko to be with Kyosuke eventually of course, but it's good that Kyosuke and Kirino's relationship is getting much better than when we first saw them.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 02:35   Link #50
-Sho-
~Omedet˘~

Always entertaining to read people's comments after all the hate & rage from the previous episode

Anyway , Kirino & Kyousuke are moving step to step like a normal sibling relationship.
Kuroneko always cute as ever.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 11:28   Link #51
Grimoire

Send a message via Skype™ to Grimoire
I really can't believe I mange to wait a whole week for this episode, and to be honest it was worth it!

Since I don't read the novel, a lot of misteries are ahead for me (and many others probably). But like many of you guys have said, it's going to be intersting to see how they would beat this episode.
Grimoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 12:21   Link #52
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I wonder why they made this feel like a last episode.
So anyone who doesn't like the actual ending can delete/not buy those episodes and pretend this is the end?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:38   Link #53
shironeko8

[QUOTE=GVN.Chaos;4705338]Keep in mind that the anime was zooming into Kirino and Kuroneko when he said that. I think it's a hint of Kyousuke like all of 3 of them together, just like usual.

well, i have also considered that fact, i'll consider everything since anything can still happen. XD
just the way i interpreted it i guess. It's like his conclusion at the end, his first paragraph was about Kirino, then Ruri, then his last statements were about Kirino.
Probably just the way when he looked at the destiny record then mentioning about finding love. so... yeah. XD
Old 2013-06-02, 22:40   Link #54
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So anyone who doesn't like the actual ending can delete/not buy those episodes and pretend this is the end?
The better option is to buy PS3 game. In case someone dislike the ending, they have the alternative route. It saves them time to criticize the publisher.

//oreimo-game.channel.or.jp/spec/

In this episode, they finally make the progress. Kirino shows her dere side. Kirino says she's joking, even her legs are shaking. Maybe Kyousuke is not what envisioned. In girls' eyes, he's probably a super beautiful guy or something.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア LutÚcia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-06-02 at 23:45.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 01:54   Link #55
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
All in all a good episode with great drama during the 3-way confrontaion btw Kureneko, Kurino, and Bro.

The way it began, with Kyosuke thinking about how his date/relationship ended with Ruri, left a bad taste to my mouth.

It seemed like she had a devious "plan" for the break-up, dumping him, the school and her old house to spite Kyosuke.
This was worse then anything Kurino did to Kyosuke emotionally. I was beginning to loathe Kureneko and root for Kurino....
something I wouldn't have dreamed about before this 2nd season. (I know Ruri would have been more "considerate" of Kyosuke
if his sister accepted them as bfriend and gfriend, but this dumping of Kyosuke felt so cold and calculated).

After finding Ruri, even after Kurino answer all of her questions about what was going on, Ruri still couldn't face Kyosuke with a straight-
face; her hammey acting as she fainted into DEATH was cool however!

I guess I'll have to read the LNs to get for resolution btw these people, but the end of this episode felt like the end of the series; which
I know its not!

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 02:57   Link #56
type-R!

Finally the famous scene of Kirino comforting Kyousuke! Really great episode overall, they left out some details but the important dialogue was nicely adapted. Funny to see Kyousuke wake up Kirino that way.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:40   Link #57
recover

SMH to kirino

best ep with her thus far
Old 2013-06-03, 15:09   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Here's a nice little touch. As you know, due to time-constraints, there was no ED for this week's episode (the credits just ran on-top of the content). So, they posted the ED video (credit-free) on the official website. It's simple, but pretty nice, and I do like the illustration a lot.
Old 2013-06-04, 01:27   Link #59
Kyuu
=^^=

I'll say one thing:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Dammit, I fell for it. XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2013-06-04 at 01:44.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 04:01   Link #60
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Kyousuke's confirmed for wanting to touch Ruri's breasts. BUT WHO WOULDN'T?

That said, it was a solid episode at par with a final episode. A lot of things got resolved, and the siblings are once more closer than ever. I don't think they'd go incest, though. I just don't feel it between them. It was a big relief that Kuroneko began pursuing Kyousuke once again.

Quote:
Spoiler for previous comment:
Well, after the "Go to hell" moment, I doubt that it will happen soon.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote