AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 56 43.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 17.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.34%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-05, 08:30   Link #401
triplez

I have the sneaky suspicion that they will want him back. If killing one whalesquid brought thousands to Gargantia it be quite something to see how the whalesquids will attack a fleet either Flange's newly formed fleet or Gargantia's.

I can't believe that is the only whalesquid nest. If they still have some human impulses left they will call for help from other nests. Ledo has upset the status quo there must be some repurcussion from that.

Even better if Ledo found a ship or some way to get to the wormhole gate he receives a call for help. What will he do then?
triplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 08:35   Link #402
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplez View Post
Even better if Ledo found a ship or some way to get to the wormhole gate he receives a call for help. What will he do then?
He doesn't need a ship, Chamber can go to orbit by himself.
If the wormhole gate is still there, that could be a chance for Ledo to go back to the alliance.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 08:52   Link #403
Funkatron
King of the Castle

Send a message via Skype™ to Funkatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
He doesn't need a ship, Chamber can go to orbit by himself.
If the wormhole gate is still there, that could be a chance for Ledo to go back to the alliance.
If he wants to go back to the GA. After this ep, he just may not want anything to do with them anymore
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:15   Link #404
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
No, Fred, when I said "they are Gargantians" I was referring to Ridget and all those that are with her.
Sorry, Jan, I couldn't tell from your response.

Quote:
What you are forgetting is that they do not think like you do.
Not really. Nobody thinks like I do.

Quote:
You seem to be under the mistaked assumption that the Gargantians follow some kind of ideal, when they are actually a pragmatic society that doesn't have any sense of pride or higher moral apart: "help me, help you"...
I guess Amy is the sole moral exceptions, then, telling Ledo that humans shouldn't kill other humans.

Quote:
In the end they won't give a damn about the fact that Flange left or that they killed whalesquids. The only thing that would make them think twice about accepting them again would be the thought that they might be bringing with them the hatred of a powerful foe.
You are probably right about most of that, particularly the very last bit.

Which reminds me, am I the only one to think that there was way too much of a discrepancy between the build-up of the threat of a whalesquid attack, and the then subsequent ease of their slaughter? It didn't seem to me that the density of whalesquids during Ledo's attack was anywhere near what we witnessed during the swarm that passed the Gargantian Fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplez View Post
I can't believe that is the only whalesquid nest. If they still have some human impulses left they will call for help from other nests. Ledo has upset the status quo there must be some repurcussion from that.
If that really is the end of the whalesquids, it will certainly be very anticlimactical. I wasn't counting, but it didn't seem like Ledo slaughtered as many mature whalesquids as were in that swarm. If not, where were the rest of them?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:10   Link #405
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I guess Amy is the sole moral exceptions, then, telling Ledo that humans shouldn't kill other humans.
That was actually Bellows that said something of that sort. When Ledo pointed out that they kill animals to eat she answered that pirates are humans.

Amy wasn't even able to articulate her disapproval beyond a "Ledo no baka!"

We don't actually know if she was angry because he killed humans or because she though he went too far. She showed her disapproval even when Ledo expressed his will to exterminate the Hideauze. "wouldn't you feel bad for killing them?" she said.

When Bellows said that they kill animals only as much as it is necessary to fill their stomach, Amy had a clear reaction of approval, so I think that's her main stance on "killings".

Considering how easily she made up with Ledo she probably doesn't think of human lives or lives in general in terms of something absolutely sacred, but she thinks it's wrong to kill unnecessarily.

Old 2013-06-05, 10:21   Link #406
Hamster

The fleet that left, left on good terms with the Gargantians. They left their friends and possibly family members for a chance at a better life.

There were no angry words and no hurt feelings.

They'd probably be welcomed back with the new cargo of treasure and baby squids.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:16   Link #407
Shinhwa
Banned

Welp, let the tragedy and deaths begin next episode thanks to Urobutcher I guess?
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 22:02   Link #408
apotheosis
Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Welp, let the tragedy and deaths begin next episode thanks to Urobutcher I guess?
I think it could go either way at this point.

His interview seemed to indicate this anime would not be dominated by that sort of activity ... but it certainly has been setup for it, if he wants it
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 23:07   Link #409
whitecloud

im afraid next episode will have a significant character death of sort? pinion? melty? knowing urobutcher...
Old 2013-06-06, 05:15   Link #410
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
im afraid next episode will have a significant character death of sort? pinion? melty? knowing urobutcher...
The whalesquids went down surprisingly easily, the only way this could change if an enormous number of them come for the vengeance or if there is still intelligent Evolvers around.

Anyway between Melty and Pinion, I'd sat Melty would lead to the most suffering.
If death comes, Pinion must stay alive and know it's been all his fault.

I hope nothing will happen to Maita.

Old 2013-06-06, 10:02   Link #411
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by apotheosis View Post
I think it could go either way at this point.

His interview seemed to indicate this anime would not be dominated by that sort of activity ... but it certainly has been setup for it, if he wants it
Yeah I believed him last time he said that...
Old 2013-06-06, 12:48   Link #412
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
When Amy and Melty were saying their goodbyes, I definitely got a death vibe for Melty.

Zod I hope I'm wrong.

Endless "Please let me be wrong" Soul
Old 2013-06-06, 14:44   Link #413
Iron Maw
Wandering Youth

Quote:
The whalesquids went down surprisingly easily, the only way this could change if an enormous number of them come for the vengeance or if there is still intelligent Evolvers around.

Anyway between Melty and Pinion, I'd sat Melty would lead to the most suffering.
Melty counts as a "significant" character now?

Quote:
If death comes, Pinion must stay alive and know it's been all his fault.
Be it as it may this truth had to come out at one point. It's not as if the Whalesquids are innocent here anyway.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 16:26   Link #414
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Melty counts as a "significant" character now?
I didn't say that. What matters is how much a death will affect significant characters.

Ledo only bonded with Amy and Bebel, so whether Pinion or Melty die it will make little difference for him.

For Amy however it would be worse to know her friend died rather than Pinion.

In addition if Pinion dies, people will just say that he brought it on himself. Conversely if Melty dies people will say that it's all Ledo's and Pinion's fault.
This could lead to a strain in the relationship between Amy and Ledo easily. It would be very hard for him to face Amy after bringing tragedy to her world even though she kept telling him he was wrong.

Anyway we are not even sure if anyone will die at all, so it could be just all pointless speculations.

Old 2013-06-06, 18:34   Link #415
Iron Maw
Wandering Youth

Gotcha, that makes more sense. Though, it does feel a little late for sort of development.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:45   Link #416
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Anyway we are not even sure if anyone will die at all, so it could be just all pointless speculations.
Oh come now...

Of course someone will die next episode. This is Gen we're talking about. He's named this strawmen enemy the hideous in a drama about the actions versus image and what it really means to be human. And there is literally "blood in the water"...
Old 2013-06-07, 17:10   Link #417
askara

i wonder if all Hideauze come from human tho, i mean there is squid and human shape. still dont know why they attack human or technology for that matter.

anyway death to squidswhale!!!! Ledo is pretty much invincible if he go back above water
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:53   Link #418
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
i wonder if all Hideauze come from human tho, i mean there is squid and human shape. still dont know why they attack human or technology for that matter.

anyway death to squidswhale!!!! Ledo is pretty much invincible if he go back above water
The Human-shape ones are probably juvenile Hideaze, their larval stage shows similarities to human infants so the one we saw was probably just young & curious.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:45   Link #419
Calca
Expressionless

Well, my body is dead but I suppose a detached head can live on.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 06:04   Link #420
Seiryuu

One thing I'm curious about: what will Ledo have to do to talk sense into Chamber? The alliance only knows the Hideauze as bizarre beings that appeared before them out of nowhere, and they made logical assumptions for a colony that likely knew little to nothing about how things went on Earth. If Chamber recognizes this, he may be able to recognize the probability that the alliance made a plausible mistake. Until Chamber reconciles the current data with his base programming though, Ledo is likely not going to be able to trust Chamber; after all, Chamber demonstrated there that he only needs Ledo for tactics, not decision making. With Ledo believing the documents he found, Chamber may just deem his pilot to be somehow compromised and thus cease to take ordrs from him.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote