AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-06, 18:08   Link #21
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

The moral of today's episode: violence IS the answer, after all.

Spoiler for ep 9:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-06 at 18:22.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 19:46   Link #22
magnuskn

The general nonchalant attitude about massacring hundreds of the rank-and-file Dorrsian mecha pilots is a bit off-putting, to be honest. Those guys have families, too!

But, uh, interesting spoilers for next week.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:51   Link #23
blackwhite67
Banned

Colonel Cain: So they reproduced successfully.

It seems that the Valvraaves are some sort of parasitic mechanical species. Those incomplete machines in the liquid could be developing Valvraves.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 19:51   Link #24
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The general nonchalant attitude about massacring hundreds of the rank-and-file Dorrsian mecha pilots is a bit off-putting, to be honest. Those guys have families, too!
Most of the Waffes are unmanned though, so I wouldn't call it "hundreds".
Old 2013-06-06, 20:04   Link #25
iCK

Since they didn't have a preview, I really believe that SakixHaruto scene posted in general thread will be real!! HOPEFULLY
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:46   Link #26
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:

But, uh, interesting spoilers for next week.
I find this one funny cause usually it's when mecha pilots try hard not to kill other pilots is when fans get really upset. It all dates back to Kira Yamato and his infamous no kill policy. Also as was mentioned most of those waffes aressimply drones though the guy has some serious death flags hanging over him now. Revenge obsessed with supporting characters have among the lowest survival rates in mecha anime unless they move past it.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:47   Link #27
~BC~

Boy, what a difference an L-Elf makes. He really did his digging with that research to utilize the modules defense systems that well. Really enjoyed seeing him interact with non-Haruto characters. LOL at him failing to anticipate Shoko-randomness again!

I kind of figured Kyuuma had feelings for Aina after ep. 7. Given Aina's reactions to Haruto, it seems there may have been ulterior motives to his nudging Haruto to confess to Shoko. They definitely could've developed the Kyuuma/Aina angle some more but I found Kyuuma's reminiscing of her this episode kind of sweet.

That commander and his female subordinate reminded me of Majestic Prince. I only hope the female in that doesn't suffer the same fate.

Quote:
Why should they care when Dorssia did the same? As far as most of the student body is concerned they're fighting for their lives (and still mourning their own dead); it's not surprising they don't waste their concern on the enemy. Maybe if they had to deal with them in person versus in machines across the battlefield. Given the reveal at the end though I wouldn't be surprised if they were conditioned to brush off such things.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:49   Link #28
shadow1296

okay the teamwork that vvv3 and vvv5 showed was flawless especially for there first time out, its completely different to saki's first time out with haruto, it was almost as if they were designed to be partners on the battlefield, which they probably were, but seriously that teamwork was almost to perfect

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-06-06 at 21:27.
shadow1296 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:53   Link #29
Allium
I say FRY-Y

Probably the most 'normal' episode so far. As expected, Kyuuma and Raiz- I mean, 'Thunder' became Valvrave pilots. I wonder what will be their 'prices' for being the pilots?

The revelation about JIOR being run by former soldiers is interesting; had they been planning to defeat Dorssia with the Valvraves all along and replace it as the new superpower of the three nations? I hope we get something about Haruto's past soon - his father must've been a highly important figure in the Valvrave business anyway, being its creator and all.

Other things:
- Speaking of Haruto, that scene where VVV-tan went, "I'm hungry" while Haruto was going berserk was almost comedic but eerie at the same time.

- Thunder's still the comic relief figure for me. I don't know how to react to him being a Valvrave pilot, honestly. Unless they expand on his character a bit more, he'd be a likely candidate to be the first Valvrave pilot to die in battle...

- ...L-elf can never object to Shouko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Since they didn't have a preview, I really believe that SakixHaruto scene posted in general thread will be real!! HOPEFULLY
Hang on, I thought they were fanmade?
Old 2013-06-06, 21:00   Link #30
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Probably the most 'normal' episode so far. As expected, Kyuuma and Raiz- I mean, 'Thunder' became Valvrave pilots. I wonder what will be their 'prices' for being the pilots?

The revelation about JIOR being run by former soldiers is interesting; had they been planning to defeat Dorssia with the Valvraves all along and replace it as the new superpower of the three nations? I hope we get something about Haruto's past soon - his father must've been a highly important figure in the Valvrave business anyway, being its creator and all.

Other things:
- Speaking of Haruto, that scene where VVV-tan went, "I'm hungry" while Haruto was going berserk was almost comedic but eerie at the same time.

- Thunder's still the comic relief figure for me. I don't know how to react to him being a Valvrave pilot, honestly. Unless they expand on his character a bit more, he'd be a likely candidate to be the first Valvrave pilot to die in battle...

- ...L-elf can never object to Shouko.

Hang on, I thought they were fanmade?
Its possible, but I hope they weren't. Have you seen them?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:03   Link #31
Piesum

Pretty straightforward episode.

I have a feeling that if Haruto doesn't switch bodies with someone soon, something weird is gonna happen with his valvrave.

The revelation at the ending wasn't very surprising. The only thing I wasn't really expecting/already knew was that pretty much everyone on module 77 was employed by the military.

And YEESS Shouko and L-ELf moment. hahahah. Beautiful. Maybe he'll develop a soft side for Shouko, like he seems to have for Licht.

And I still can't remember who Nobu is lol.
Piesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:05   Link #32
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

So Valvrave Hikaminari and Valvrave Hiuchiba make their appearances in this episode. Valvrave Hikaminari looked rather creepy when it revealed that it's two arms could split into eight arms. (I have a general dislike of spiders). I really liked the design of Valvrave Hiuchiba. I seriously thought at one point Inuzuka was calling it by the nickname of Aina.

I liked the SDF-1 style pinpoint barrier system they came up with.

Also, I have zero sympathy for the Dorssians. If they have a family back home, they should have though about that before rushing in to gun down innocent people who want nothing to do with their war.

Did anyone else notice that the AI of Valvrave Hito said she was hungry? That sounds rather ominous.

Endless "To the moon" Soul
Old 2013-06-06, 21:12   Link #33
DuelGundam2099

I just watched the episode and I have a new-found respect for Raizou, he was pretty awesome this episode. The rest of the ep was great, especially the scenes where 3 and 5 were utterly annihilating the enemies right through their shields. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:12   Link #34
mistress_kisara

This episode's summary
L-elf: Just as planned

And one more pilot to complete the rangers
mistress_kisara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:18   Link #35
Irenesharda

Again, Valvrave does an excellent job!

Kyuma and Raizo are have been trying to become pilots, but have been constantly foiled since as L-elf says, they are not yet ready. L-elf has effectively taken over the module and has begun to train the students to become a military nation. However, those two still want to avenge those they have lost. Kyuma, after some advice from L-11 has begun to train himself hard to become as calm and efficient as a machine. Raizo continues to be bullheaded and continues to try to take the Valvrave and eventually is put in the brig. I love how opposite those two characters are, but yet they are similar in a way as we see from their later tete-a-tete.

We get the debut of Valvrave 3 and 5 in this episode and both are amazingly awesome. VVV3 surprisingly can go from having 4 arms to 10 and is a good close range melee fighter. VVV5 is excellent for defense, having the strongest shields of all the Valvraves. Yet he is also go for offense, have twin hand guns that resemble a bow and can shoot out multiple shafts of laser fire.

The Dorssians changed it up a bit and brought in another fleet to do a divide and conquer attack. NewJIOR is ready because of L-elf's training and strategy, but even then the Dorssian's new plan is beginning to be too much for them. However, L-11 has of course planned everything, including having set things up for Kyuma and Raizo to become the new pilots of the Valvraves, who using their new weaposn, save the day while Haruto and Saki are occupied.

Kyuma, who had been in love with Aina, comes to the conclusion to fight for himself and live on, and goes back to his normal self by the end. However, even while everyone is celebrating, there are new tangles beginning to arise. Col. Cain doesn't care about the battle but only that there are now "four of them" and that they have somehow "reproduced successfully"? He knows more than anyone what's going on with the Valvraves so I wonder what he means by that? While none of the new pilots have been showing signs of going into bestial vampire mode, Haruto has been experiencing it more and more frequently, with the VVV-tan strangely saying that she's hungry. Coincidence? I think not.

We also find from our physics teacher/JIOR soldier Takumi-sensei, that not only was every teacher (except Rion) and worker in the school but also every person in the surrounding city a member of the military, but that the entirety of Module 77 including the students, was all set up for the Valvraves. We had already guessed that from L-11's earlier comment a few episodes ago, but now have it confirmed. However, I have to say that if that's true, JIOR has some of the crappiest soldiers ever. That entire module was made up of soldiers but they still got taken down by a single Dorssian fleet and group of 5 bishie Hitler youths? That's just sad...

They didn't give us a preview for next week so I am concerned. However, we now have 4 Valvrave pilots up with 1 more to go and a unfinished VVV unit (2?) in the basement. What shall happen next? I'm excited to find out.

I give this episode an 8.5/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
okay the teamwork that vvv3 and vvv5 showed was flawless especially for there first time out, its completely different to saki's first time out with haruto, it was almost as if they were designed to be partners on the battlefield, which they probably were, but seriously that teamwork was almost to perfect
Fixed it for you. Saki has VVV4.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:28   Link #36
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I wonder if you can combine them once you have all 5? There should be a sixth one somewhere
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:32   Link #37
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Fixed it for you. Saki has VVV4.
thanks could of sworn i typed five, i edited it

oh and i think there is no question now with what os-tan said they are vampires atleast haruto is and saw vvv3 split its arms the first thing that came to my mind was General Greivous much
Old 2013-06-06, 21:35   Link #38
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Spoiler for Haruto and L-Elf:

No preview? Well, I think that either a lot will go down or it will be a flashback episode that reveals more of L-Elf's past and motivations. I'm hoping for the latter.
I actually thought that it was hilarious that they had L-11 and Haruto sharing a room. Are they intentionally giving the fujoshi more material?

And poor Haruto still getting those vampiric urges and getting slapped and punched because of it. Poor thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I wonder if you can combine them once you have all 5? There should be a sixth one somewhere
Well there's actually supposed to be seven total. I hope they don't combine, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:43   Link #39
Ghanw
(-_-)

They probably can combine as in the 1 ED near the end it showed a somewhat "incomplete" or just mangentically joined valvrave. It's not really suprising but i wonder what did the teacher mean by all the JIOR people are soldiers?
Old 2013-06-06, 21:51   Link #40
Destined_Fate

L-Elf planned it all in the end for those two.. Seems he wanted both of them to pilot after all.

Loved his interactions with Shoko, she seems to slowly be getting to him. Also great that she purposely sought out L-Elf during snack time to feed him despite his protests and him once again loving her cooking.

Shoko also seems to get away with changing his orders, such as what to serve at snack time, without getting in trouble. That girl really knows how to get her way, poor L-Elf has no idea what he's getting into.

Also, 17 Possible pilot candidates to join Haruto and Saki as pilots? Wonder who the others are.

At the ending it seems like many Valvraves are in the works however only a few get "Numbers".
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote