AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 17:22   Link #121
askara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
i am seeing GUNDAM 00 here, at the start we see valvrave with ps4 lvl spec owning basically famicom spec enemy, we will probably start seeing valvrave lvl enemy soon
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:43   Link #122
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Dorssia launches an attack on Module 77, does well for a bit, then gets defeated decisively.

That's been the basic plotline for a Valvrave episode for awhile now. Some secondary elements keep it from seeming horribly old (obvious example in this episode being the two new Valvraves and their pilots), but its still starting to feel a bit overly formulaic to me.

Thankfully, the characters are fun and zany enough, and the mecha fights enjoyable enough to watch, that they still keep this show entertaining. Nonetheless, I hope something truly breaks up the status quo soon.

I honestly would welcome a Neo-JIOR election episode, with a week off from mecha action.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 17:51   Link #123
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Guys, the preview for the next episode is out...

Spoiler for Ep. 10:


Thank you, Aniplex!
__________________
Benigmatica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:00   Link #124
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Dorssia launches an attack on Module 77, does well for a bit, then gets defeated decisively.

That's been the basic plotline for a Valvrave episode for awhile now. Some secondary elements keep it from seeming horribly old (obvious example in this episode being the two new Valvraves and their pilots), but its still starting to feel a bit overly formulaic to me.

Thankfully, the characters are fun and zany enough, and the mecha fights enjoyable enough to watch, that they still keep this show entertaining. Nonetheless, I hope something truly breaks up the status quo soon.

I honestly would welcome a Neo-JIOR election episode, with a week off from mecha action.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind more character developing myself.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:17   Link #125
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Thank you, Aniplex!
Why is that a good thing?

Come to think of it, if Akira will pilot Valvrave 6 like it has been suggested, what would convince her to move out of her room exactly? It would have to be extreme.
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.

I AM THE SAND IN THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE HOURGLASS
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:38   Link #126
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Why is that a good thing?

Come to think of it, if Akira will pilot Valvrave 6 like it has been suggested, what would convince her to move out of her room exactly? It would have to be extreme.
The other students find her room.
she moves to living inside Valvrave and spends 95% of her time in space.

OR

Valvrave's have some super PC and incredibly fast Internet Connection.
__________________
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:36   Link #127
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Why is that a good thing?

Come to think of it, if Akira will pilot Valvrave 6 like it has been suggested, what would convince her to move out of her room exactly? It would have to be extreme.
Her brother gets captured.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:38   Link #128
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
or she loses internet connection
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:13   Link #129
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Her brother gets captured.
Why would they want Satomi when Shoko is the leader atm? He would only become important if he wins the election and Shoko is thrown out of power.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:04   Link #130
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why would they want Satomi when Shoko is the leader atm? He would only become important if he wins the election and Shoko is thrown out of power.
Just kill Satomi and make Akira stop being Hikki!

By the way, why do I feel a GN-004 Gundam Nadleeh's Trial-System vibe coming from Valvrave Unit 6?
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 21:11   Link #131
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Was that scene from the climax symbolic or the Valvrave pilots are like Newtypes and can see ghosts?
amaterasu4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:59   Link #132
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why would they want Satomi when Shoko is the leader atm? He would only become important if he wins the election and Shoko is thrown out of power.
Maybe he tries to contact the Dorssians because he wants to negotiate a truce or something, but they just capture him instead.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:44   Link #133
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
You know, I'm starting to wonder if this show sometimes forgets things it just said. First there was the "Does JIOR have a President or Prime Minister?" thing. Then they say they're neutral and then later say they are allied with one side of the conflict. And in this episode, Satomi says that JIOR has no military, however we know they very obviously do (EVERY country has a military of some kind) since not only do they have military grade weaponry, mechs and battleships lying all around this one module but we also find that everyone except Rion and the students were all soldiers. So which is it, writers? Is a little consistency too much?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:47   Link #134
FiveOVER
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in the windowless building
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know, I'm starting to wonder if this show sometimes forgets things it just said. First there was the "Does JIOR have a President or Prime Minister?" thing. Then they say they're neutral and then later say they are allied with one side of the conflict. And in this episode, Satomi says that JIOR has no military, however we know they very obviously do (EVERY country has a military of some kind) since not only do they have military grade weaponry, mechs and battleships lying all around this one module but we also find that everyone except Rion and the students were all soldiers. So which is it, writers? Is a little consistency too much?
Probably JIOR has a secret military that the public isn't aware of?

I don't think it matters that much whether its prime minister or president since they are essentially of the same rank.
__________________
FiveOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:56   Link #135
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
I wouldn't be surprised at the secret military at this point. After all the entire module, school included, was covert training ground for Valvrave pilots.
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:02   Link #136
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth's last post of defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why would they want Satomi when Shoko is the leader atm? He would only become important if he wins the election and Shoko is thrown out of power.


I bet, despite the possible reason that Jior's president let her daughter be part of the military project to become invincible lol, Shouko was originally planned to be the next leader to lead module 77 thus making her not one of the pilots but a candidate to become the new president.

L Elf does not probably see this since Shouko is unpredictable. Wow! The protagonist is becoming the least favorite. Valvraves on process of growth, few get numbers, . . Then what? The others are food for the numbered vampraves.
__________________
WORDS ARE JUST WORDS UNLESS YOU PUT MEANING INTO IT.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-06-08 at 04:04.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:16   Link #137
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Did anyone see Raizo aka "Thunder" in his new pilot's suit? He's looking pretty good. I'm glad they went with a more golden shade than the stark yellow of his mech.

Spoiler for New Image for Yamada and VVV3:
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 02:04   Link #138
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
They all look good in those badass pilot suits. Even L-Elf looked good in a grunt suit for the jet he was piloting in space.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:01   Link #139
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know, I'm starting to wonder if this show sometimes forgets things it just said. First there was the "Does JIOR have a President or Prime Minister?" thing. Then they say they're neutral and then later say they are allied with one side of the conflict. And in this episode, Satomi says that JIOR has no military, however we know they very obviously do (EVERY country has a military of some kind) since not only do they have military grade weaponry, mechs and battleships lying all around this one module but we also find that everyone except Rion and the students were all soldiers. So which is it, writers? Is a little consistency too much?
JIOS has a Defense Force. When someone says country A doesn't have a military, they mean that it doesn't have an army capable of doing anything but defend the country (in other words, they have the bare minimum... or they claim so). I think the concept is based on post-WW2 Japan.

As for the ep9 reveal, those were secret soldiers
__________________
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:46   Link #140
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
JIOS has a Defense Force. When someone says country A doesn't have a military, they mean that it doesn't have an army capable of doing anything but defend the country (in other words, they have the bare minimum... or they claim so). I think the concept is based on post-WW2 Japan.

As for the ep9 reveal, those were secret soldiers
True but still... Shouldn't they have put up more resistance since their greatest weapons are inside Module 77. Unless, they plan to sabotage Drossia from within.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.