AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-19, 10:49   Link #1041
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Guessing...

Mami, Madoka, & Shinka
Old 2013-09-19, 10:51   Link #1042
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Predictions- Mami, Homura, Mori-Summer
Picks- Iwai, Homuhomu, Dondurma
Old 2013-09-19, 12:43   Link #1043
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mami, Madoka & Mori. MMM.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
Old 2013-09-19, 13:45   Link #1044
Hachiko
The Akita

So far, Mami is out to a comfortable lead, but Madoka is getting a fight from Ayase and Ika-Musume and Shinka are neck-and-neck.
Old 2013-09-19, 13:50   Link #1045
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
So far, Mami is out to a comfortable lead, but Madoka is getting a fight from Ayase and Ika-Musume and Shinka are neck-and-neck.
Kinda surprising it is Madoka is the one getting the fight, seems like Homura is like Hirasawa Ui in this scenario, where passing round 1 is good enough for her.
Old 2013-09-19, 13:59   Link #1046
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Kinda surprising it is Madoka is the one getting the fight, seems like Homura is like Hirasawa Ui in this scenario, where passing round 1 is good enough for her.
This is Madoka we're talking about. The franchise character. If Kaname prevails, I think we could be seeing a Madoka-Miho Group B final if everything goes as planned.
Old 2013-09-19, 14:18   Link #1047
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
If Kaname prevails, I think we could be seeing a Madoka-Miho Group B final if everything goes as planned.
Among the challengers on the other side of Group B:
- Noumi had the higher 1st round vote total.
- Kuro Matsumi..... could end up being sniped by Noumi since she was a finalist last year.
- Ako missed the top 8 by one round (to Nodoka). She has a good enough reason to reach at least the group finals. (Was more convincing in her 1st round win than Miho + highest vote total in prelims)
- Miho had more total votes than Ako 1st round.
Old 2013-09-19, 14:19   Link #1048
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I hope the other Puella Magi will eliminate all of the competition and have a battle with each other.

Mami vs Kyoko and Madoka vs Sayaka

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
Old 2013-09-19, 14:48   Link #1049
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, Homura's main goal in the anime is protecting Madoka. So perhaps in a roundabout way some Homura fans would rather sacrifice Homura to have Madoka win than the other way around... since that's the choice Homura would make. So perhaps Homura fans are just respecting their favorite character's wishes there, lol.
Old 2013-09-19, 14:53   Link #1050
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
This is Madoka we're talking about. The franchise character. If Kaname prevails, I think we could be seeing a Madoka-Miho Group B final if everything goes as planned.
She is the franchise character but it seemed like Homura was more popular than her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, Homura's main goal in the anime is protecting Madoka. So perhaps in a roundabout way some Homura fans would rather sacrifice Homura to have Madoka win than the other way around... since that's the choice Homura would make. So perhaps Homura fans are just respecting their favorite character's wishes there, lol.
Hmm that's probably why.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:03   Link #1051
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Hmm that's probably why.
It's the only thing that makes sense to me, because J-SaiMoe 2011 and ISML would both suggest that Homura is significantly stronger than Madoka.

Some Homura fans probably just can't bring themselves to vote for Homura over Madoka because they know Homura herself would not want that. So they're voting for Madoka.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:07   Link #1052
scineram

I will be very disappointed if Homerun doesn't get her time for the second year. There is no chance for repechage, which is bullshit anyway.

Tentacles crossed for the other match.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:14   Link #1053
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
She is the franchise character but it seemed like Homura was more popular than her.
Madoka has been more popular than Homuhomu since the last 2 episodes. I mean, Madoka basically turned from the 3rd most popular girl in MadoMagi into the top for being a goddess...

But then, she still lost to Mami in AST 2011 final, so...

But does it matter who's more popular between Homuhomu and Madoka? Lovely My Angel will win anyway.

Quote:
Miborin is not going to get past Ako. Even if she did (by narrow margin) she still has to face Kud or Kuro...
Old 2013-09-19, 15:29   Link #1054
Hachiko
The Akita

The designated Man of the House among the Puella Magi does not want to win this match. She is deferring to the designated Woman of the House to take care of business. Madoka leads Ayase, 148-111.
Old 2013-09-19, 15:32   Link #1055
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
But does it matter who's more popular between Homuhomu and Madoka? Lovely My Angel will win anyway.
Remember, this isn't ISML. Whole different ballgame. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Miborin is not going to get past Ako. Even if she did (by narrow margin) she still has to face Kud or Kuro...
A loss by Nishizumi to Atarashi would be a massive shot in the foot to Garupan's hopes for going far. Kudryavka may be the best hope that the Busters have at this point.
Old 2013-09-19, 16:14   Link #1056
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Seems like a boatload of fake votes for both Ayase and Madoka.
Old 2013-09-19, 16:58   Link #1057
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Seems like a boatload of fake votes for both Ayase and Madoka.
I noticed two spikes of fakes, one for each character, at different intervals. You can take those away, and Madoka still leads it close. So like I said, this goes down to the final push. It rests on the Madoka voters on the final hour to exercise leverage.
Old 2013-09-19, 17:12   Link #1058
timbits
Harem Lead

I'm seeing tons of Mami/Madoka and Yozora/Ayase combos so those should be the fakes.
Old 2013-09-19, 21:40   Link #1059
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
I'm seeing tons of Mami/Madoka and Yozora/Ayase combos so those should be the fakes.
Wouldn't a Mami/Madoka combo just make sense? Yozora/Ayase combo might not be quite as obvious, but it could be the opposite of what's motivating Mami/Madoka - i.e. Anti-Madoka faction voting.

I'm a bit curious how people here identify fake votes.
Old 2013-09-20, 00:04   Link #1060
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Round 2 begins with a bloodbath right off the bat for the first set of matches.

Iwai got crushed in A1 with a mere 25 votes ATM. Ouch. Yozora is trying to mount a challenge to Mami's mountain, but the longer the match goes the wider the gap seems to open.

I see some numbers that surprise me in B1's 3-way carnage: apparently Homura is getting bussed for Madoka to win... I had expected the opposite given how HomuHomu fans should be aching to make up for the lost opportunity in 2011, but in a way that defies the usual tactical sense, it seems they are choosing to heed what Homura herself would want, as Triple_R suggested. The MadoMagi faction seems to be demonstrating their cohesiveness by apparently sacrificing one of the girls to prevent their common enemy Ayase exploiting a potential vote split.

C1 is apparently a tight duel between Shinka and Squid Girl with Ika seemingly gaining the upper hand at the moment. The bus has arrived for the third girl in the match.

No picks for this set of matches.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament