AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 28.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 30.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-08, 19:15   Link #21
VTHokiePride

I agree that this episode was going slow. However, it ended pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing the counteroffensive that liberates Trost. Sasha once again adds comic relief to the show. I really hope Christa, Jean, and the others become more involved as this show progresses.
Old 2013-06-08, 19:19   Link #22
takai
Easy Muffin

At least one person is willing to see what Eren can really do. This insane general was seriously getting on my nerves.

Another episode beginning with an unnecessary recap? C'mon.

I think they're trying to be cinematic, but it isn't working. I can understand one recap, but having the last 4-6 episodes begin with recaps is overkill and ruins the desired cinematic effect. However, the flashing shots showing Eren's Titan body actually looked nice.

The pacing of this show has really slowed down. So slow even that's it's starting to drag out too long, in the last 2 episodes especially. Which is never a good sign.

Armin finally breaks out of his shell a bit, but I wish I could've seen more than just cry-yelling. I wish he had been more serious with Eren and Mikasa and really taking the situation into his own hands, showing more determination. But either way it was decent character development. Which is one of the biggest flaws of the show I'd say.

Overall not bad, just that dragging feeling pulls down the score a bit, it's starting to make every episode dull, a long with the unnecessary recap. 6.9 (Fine)
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 19:35   Link #23
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard

Funny enough like Flare Knight, I thought this went by rather quick.

Was not expecting Pixis to be the one to intervene, thankfully he did and was much more willing to hear Eren out while still maintaining reasonable level of caution. Eren was the one who pretty much took charge of the situation however Armin did get some rather nice development and even managed to convince some of soldiers there that speech.

Sold week overall.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 19:44   Link #24
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

The dialog after the cannon fire felt slow. A small foreshadowing after seeing Eren's nose bleed. I thought Mikasa would stop Eren from using his power, but from the situation they are in, maybe later on.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:13   Link #25
yankky5

As expected of the guy who composer of GC. As far as the best over all music of this year goes SnK has it in the bag

Anyway Captain Coward... no room for discussion... punished via crucifiction then posted at titan territory. mwahahahhaha!!

8/10 for me in this ep cauz of lack of action and wasting 5 minutes eren getting angry was a waste... plus side more screen time for armin if he dies he wont have a minor role like hmm... cant say yet also sasha never fails lol do hope she doesnt end up like furuichi

Last edited by yankky5; 2013-06-08 at 20:31.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:51   Link #26
zalem

I don't get the complaints about things being "too slow." I think people are just spoiled by the last few episodes of action. Things do have to slow down eventually. Remember after the first two episodes there were several calmer episodes where they were just training? There will be downtime in the story. You can't have crazy shit happening every single episode. It becomes predictable after a while. That's not to say you can't prefer the more action episodes to the calmer ones. But you can't realistically expect non-stop action all the time.
Old 2013-06-08, 21:25   Link #27
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I don't get the complaints about things being "too slow." I think people are just spoiled by the last few episodes of action. Things do have to slow down eventually. Remember after the first two episodes there were several calmer episodes where they were just training? There will be downtime in the story. You can't have crazy shit happening every single episode. It becomes predictable after a while. That's not to say you can't prefer the more action episodes to the calmer ones. But you can't realistically expect non-stop action all the time.
Pretty much this. Although it's probably the inner hipster coming out of some people now that this show is extremely popular.

9/10 (yeah they need to stop with the recap now.)
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 21:26   Link #28
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

so 20 minutes to finally resolve the conflict + planning what's next (all of that in a dramatic way)... It feels like they are dragging it out. I can live with that and it certainly does not change my opinion about this show, but if there is no action, then PLOT must take its place, but now they had 12 minutes character developement, 4 minutes plot and 4 minutes.................... recap.

EDIT: Stop with the recaps? LOLz isn't there a whole RECAP EPISODE planned?
Old 2013-06-08, 21:32   Link #29
richardtengcy

The anime is still faithfully following the manga so i got no major complains here......anyway its impossible to keep having actions every episode. 8/10 from me just for character development.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 21:46   Link #30
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
EDIT: Stop with the recaps? LOLz isn't there a whole RECAP EPISODE planned?
LOL, there actually is. Episode 14 is the recap. Why do they even need it? They've been recapping for the past 5-6 episodes. It's so pointless
Old 2013-06-08, 21:58   Link #31
Jetzero Infinity

This week's ep was as great as ever. Nice to see the massive tension from last week's situation leaking into this week, and how Eren's stunt while saving them, dug them into a even deeper whole. It was nice to see Armin be the focus of the ep though since he wasn't getting much time in the spotlight up till this point and it was pretty epic seeing him trying to talk down that cowardly captain. Of course it's not surprising the guy was so scared that he wasn't thinking straight and tried to kill them even after seeing how little since it made so it was good to have Pixis finally show up and stop him.

Should be more fun times up ahead next week. Can't wait!
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 21:59   Link #32
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
LOL, there actually is. Episode 14 is the recap. Why do they even need it? They've been recapping for the past 5-6 episodes. It's so pointless
Some people here said that the workload for the animation team was too heavy or something like that. Well if that is true then they absolutely deserve their break. For this quality certainly.

BUT that doesn't change the fact that I don't like that there will be a recap episode... If they already dedicate a whole Episode for that, why do they have to include a mini-recap for every single Episode?
Old 2013-06-08, 22:02   Link #33
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

more recap in the begining of the episode means more Marina Inoue narrative

adding the whole armin's speech this episode, I'm satisfied already
Old 2013-06-08, 22:39   Link #34
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
BUT that doesn't change the fact that I don't like that there will be a recap episode... If they already dedicate a whole Episode for that, why do they have to include a mini-recap for every single Episode?
Exactly, that's the point I'm trying to make. If they knew there was going to be a recap episode, why even do pointless recaps every single episode? And generally recap episodes mean they were behind on their work and needed more time.
Old 2013-06-08, 22:43   Link #35
richardtengcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Exactly, that's the point I'm trying to make. If they knew there was going to be a recap episode, why even do pointless recaps every single episode? And generally recap episodes mean they were behind on their work and needed more time.
It boils down to the time needed to get each episode to be drawn as high quality as possible. I don`t want them rushing and WE complaining that the drawing and animation sucks. Get it?
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 22:50   Link #36
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
It boils down to the time needed to get each episode to be drawn as high quality as possible. I don`t want them rushing and WE complaining that the drawing and animation sucks. Get it?
Can't they just take out an episode and reduce the series to 24 episodes? Besides that, they've finished the production of the series months before airing the first episode. It's not as though they are still producing episodes on a weekly basis. In no way would that happen, unless they are a long running series like the shounen jump ones.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:22   Link #37
Destined_Fate

So Mikasa is older than Eren? Huh.

Armin was a total boss in this episode, shame that guy was way off his rockers. Thankfully a familiar face stopped him before it was too late.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:28   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You go Armin!
And hooray for Commander Pixis for the saving the day.
Old 2013-06-08, 23:33   Link #39
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Ah, Petra is adorable there. Really hope she pulls through and doesn't suddenly die in this episode or later on.

I also worry about Sasha, Mikasa, and Christa too as the cute ones are always the first to go...
You think Thomas is cute? O.o

I jest.

The only cute one that died is Mina so far, think you are jumping the gun a by making it a trend.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:44   Link #40
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I completely agree, personally I think all the slow complaints are actually a compliment and statement of how awesome the anime's been since ep 5. As a manga reader even I felt it's "slow". But the thing people should keep in mind is if you already know what's going to happen, transition eps will always seem slow because the only difference between anime and manga is whether the mouth is moving. In action eps even manga readers can be excited since actions are so much more fulfilling in motion.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote