AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 10:51   Link #1
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Project: Epoch Runner

Hello guys and gals, I'm making a fan-made light novel. But I need your help since I need some ideas before fleshing it out.

Spoiler for Story Introduction:

So anyways, the story is similar to Kamen Rider Decade and Megaman. He travels across worlds and inherit powers, sometimes he recruits an ally from that world and join him on his adventure.

For the worlds, it will be based on light novels. I was thinking of having the main character travel across 4 publishing labels with 2 or 3 novels for each label. Most of them might be expies of establish series like Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, and such.

I know it's sounds crazy and it's a rough one, but I'm open to any suggestions. If not, it's okay.
Old 2013-10-06, 10:57   Link #2
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Spoiler for Main Characters:

Spoiler for Glossary:

Last edited by Benigmatica; 2013-10-08 at 01:03.
Benigmatica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 16:50   Link #3
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Hello guys and gals, I'm making a fan-made light novel. But I need your help since I need some ideas before fleshing it out.

Spoiler for Story Introduction:

So anyways, the story is similar to Kamen Rider Decade and Megaman. He travels across worlds and inherit powers, sometimes he recruits an ally from that world and join him on his adventure.

For the worlds, it will be based on light novels. I was thinking of having the main character travel across 4 publishing labels with 2 or 3 novels for each label. Most of them might be expies of establish series like Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, and such.

I know it's sounds crazy and it's a rough one, but I'm open to any suggestions. If not, it's okay.
Best of stories are the ones that feature dark essence materials and environments. Yours relate closely to what I mentioned. And another thing to add is Coming of Age themes. Mature scenes, or wise scenes if you don't want to approach mature content (by mature content, something like Kara no Kyoukai, Mardock Scramble, etc).

I'd advice not to jump from one edge to another so quickly but rather build on this character's life around the time he reached the level of conscious of his surroundings. He lost his soul and his memories, correct? Start from there. Is he able to move? Where was he when he came about? What did he do afterwards? Expand on those levels and give more slice of life/story telling about how he regained his status up and until the point of him meeting that female.

The best approach to things is given "point of view" from different perspectives for the main characters and some secondary characters. For example, in one chapter, you could end it where he does meet this female and build an intense event then end it there. In either the next chapter (probably half of it?) or an -alternate- chapter, you would view this female's approach to the main character. Her thoughts, movements, thinking, breathing, gear, a bit of puzzle-like or questionable thoughts that you, as the writer, would only know about.

Anyways, stuff like these are engaging and fun to read. These are my two cents. Good luck on your work.
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 22:54   Link #4
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Thanks, maybe I should establish the characters first, then develop it as they move to other worlds.

BTW, about the reason why I need your input? I wanted to have someone make a world for the main character to visit, just like the robot masters from Megaman 2 - 8 when they need fans to make their enemies.
Old 2013-10-09, 12:05   Link #5
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

NOTE: This is a draft.

Spoiler for Prologue: