AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-13, 20:43   Link #181
Destined_Fate

Just because she accepted what had happened doesn't mean she has to be happy about it. She was still taken against her will and she did just hear about what Shoko said thus Saki will obviously be depressed/sad as Shoko is her friend now and she may lose Shoko's friendship since Haruto will insist he goes out with Saki out of obligation.

-

I wouldn't say Shoko is a bad leader. She knows what to say and has kept everyone together thus far, she also was the one that lead them to form their own Country anyway. They also have L-Elf as well who is far smarter than anyone and will obviously have better plans than the President on keeping the Country strong and self-sufficient.

The President also hasn't been able to control L-Elf at all while Shoko has a very firm hold of control on L-Elf, even if unintentionally, and her own ideas that work out pretty well alongside L-Elf's plans.

So it's only right Shoko wins, she's proven to lead them and the students already have L-Elf doing a far better job at the things the President wanted to do anyway and so far L-Elf has worked out fine with Shoko in charge.

Anyway...

With Cain coming along for realz I can see a lot of tragedy in the future.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:50   Link #182
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Wow, look at the contrast between 2 scenes.

Are we going to have Dark Haruto going berserk, Saki on her quest to keep her promise by killing him, and Shoko dying after the confession/rejection?
Old 2013-06-13, 20:55   Link #183
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
When I saw that scene all I could say was "Um, Satomi has actually has a plan. And experience. Come on Valvrave." She essentially won by using her charisma, cheerfulness and pandering to the crowd. Can't wait to see how bad this gets.

Get your popcorn ready folks, this is gonna be good.
I am so ready for this. Cain is fighting. I wonder if L-Elf would even predict that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Now for a better answer, I believe that the polls weren't rigged due to L-elf being aware of Shouko's popularity as opposed to Satomi and didn't feel the need to take the extra effort to rig them. I believe that Shouko's personality relies on her emotions as a strength but I think it is also her greatest weakness and L-elf will use that to his advantage now that Saki and Haruto have become "one" so to speak.
To the populace of the colony, Shouko is represented as a symbol of independence and has charisma which has affected the entire populace. Plus due to her honesty and having to deal with Moses before, they want to follow her.
As the saying goes "Its better to swear fealty to a honest fool than a lying scholar."-Eldest
On another note, OS-tan is yandere, I call it.
I also feel that L-Elf will manipulate Shoko since she's not in the best situation. There's her father's possible death. There's the Haruto-Saki situation. L-Elf would completely use this to his advantage.

Yeah, I know they were influenced by Shoko's optimism and charisma, but I just want them to realize that optimism and charisma won't work when they are currently at war with serious space Nazis. That fleet must go down.

OS-tan= final boss. Calling it now. She looked pretty devious this episode..
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:59   Link #184
FreedomFighterGunboy

This is probably my least favorite episode. Seriously, I hated how they did it. The only thing that would make up for this is if Haruto and Shoko do it in the end, or better yet on the next episode. Of all the girls he could have banged, it really had to be her. I give this episode 1/10 (0/10 if I could).., (actually -10/10 if I could..) Seriously, this is like Gundam Seed all over again.
FreedomFighterGunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:04   Link #185
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl

People seem to like to forgive about our last Valvrave, which next episode when it gonna be deploy. If all Valvrave are shown before Cain declare this final attack on the school, I'll believe that it will DEADs everywhere. But Valvrave 6 is going to save the day, that why it will be shown when they attack. I refuse to believe that this anime will be that depressing/twisted(other that rape BS that happened this episode). Even though GC's ending is depressing as hell, a lot of people still survived(even that Ahole Souta lived)
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:07   Link #186
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighterGunboy View Post
This is probably my least favorite episode. Seriously, I hated how they did it. The only thing that would make up for this is if Haruto and Shoko do it in the end, or better yet on the next episode. Of all the girls he could have banged, it really had to be her. I give this episode 1/10 (0/10 if I could).., (actually -10/10 if I could..) Seriously, this is like Gundam Seed all over again.
I dont think you can compare flay with Saki at all (if you are hinting to that). Know that if Saki wasn't there he would have raped that girl in the elevator.

Saki is not a villian in this episode and she is not manipulative. Heck we dont know even all her past.

So it is just to soon to compare this to gundam seed.

I have mixed feelings at the moment. They have destroyed the character Saki for me. But if it ends with haruto x shoko and they give Saki a bad ending or another pairing etc. I will be pissed for sure.

This is not something that can be repaird just with let Haruto rape shoko and everything is fine again.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:08   Link #187
Destined_Fate

If L-Elf manipulates Shoko she will cling to him and I doubt L-Elf wont start to garner feelings for her at some point if she does as such as Shoko wont see deceit from L-Elf due to her overly trusting nature and her being depressed.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:13   Link #188
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
People seem to like to forgive about our last Valvrave, which next episode when it gonna be deploy. If all Valvrave are shown before Cain declare this final attack on the school, I'll believe that it will DEADs everywhere. But Valvrave 6 is going to save the day, that why it will be shown when they attack. I refuse to believe that this anime will be that depressing/twisted(other that rape BS that happened this episode). Even though GC's ending is depressing as hell, a lot of people still survived(even that Ahole Souta lived)
I think Valvrave 6 is gonna deploy and kick some ass too but I think we're still gonna end up with a tragedy as the finale to the first cour.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:15   Link #189
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I think Valvrave 6 is gonna deploy and kick some ass too but I think we're still gonna end up with a tragedy as the finale to the first cour.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. The only candidates I can think of are Shouko and L-elf.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:18   Link #190
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. The only candidates I can think of are Shouko and L-elf.
My money is on Akira. She will finally climb out of her hole next episode. And since Cain will attack, I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to jump in a robot to protect Shoko or her brother.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:18   Link #191
finalfury
Incognito

Saki might end up becoming the most tragic character in the series. ==
This is a bad day to be a Saki fan, a very bad day indeed.
OS-tan I hate you for controlling Haruto.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:19   Link #192
Destined_Fate

I can see Shoko piloting a Valvrave now after this episodes events and maybe even being captured or something near the end with those thinking she's dead or something as they head to the time skip.

No idea what they'll do about L-Elf and Akira unless Akira is going to pilot the V6 instead of either Shoko or L-Elf.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:22   Link #193
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I can see Shoko piloting a Valvrave now after this episodes events and maybe even being captured or something near the end with those thinking she's dead or something as they head to the time skip.

No idea what they'll do about L-Elf and Akira unless Akira is going to pilot the V6 instead of either Shoko or L-Elf.
Well Shoko did say she wanted to fight side by side with Haruto. Maybe when Cain attacks the festival Shoko, being the prime minister and feeling responsible, will take it upon herself to pilot VVV6 and fight.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:22   Link #194
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

I finally watched it. Man, Valvraves are horny machines! The new unstable Haruto could be the result of how he has been unable to bite everybody and has had his immortality abused by L-Elf few episodes ago. Still, it looks like that was planned considering he could have attacked Shoko if that happened five minutes before and instead attacked another pilot.

Also, Sunrise is getting really graphic. Gundam SEED's sex scene was offscreen and when it was retold in a movie they should some parts. Now in Valvrave we are seeing a rape.

Also I am laughing as I remember the ending of episode 5 "Is this sex?" / "No, this is sex!"
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:23   Link #195
Traece
:cool:

Well... That was interesting, I guess. Interesting in a bad way. Turns out the space vampire doesn't need blood or any such thing to survive! Actually, something that makes even less sense.

Honestly, I was kind of impressed with how all the pilots are dealing with the new situation. I suppose I didn't expect them to actually become a tight-knit group because of their new situation. This is also why I actually do like Saki's character, because like L-Elf she takes it very seriously. Honestly, I don't think this will be the last time Saki gets to help in much stranger ways than one would expect.
Old 2013-06-13, 21:24   Link #196
iCK

Can anyone make a gif of him ripping off Saki's clothes?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:24   Link #197
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
My money is on Akira. She will finally climb out of her hole next episode. And since Cain will attack, I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to jump in a robot to protect Shoko or her brother.
Hmm. That sounds like an interesting possibility. It's very possible. The last VVV looks like a sensor type. Perfect for a hikkikomori like her.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:25   Link #198
mistress_kisara

Remember guys Saki is still alive after 200 years..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:28   Link #199
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Saki might end up becoming the most tragic character in the series. ==
This is a bad day to be a Saki fan, a very bad day indeed.
OS-tan I hate you for controlling Haruto.
i am frustrated about this episode. The problem is. They portray in my point of view Saki as the most evil villian. When her intententions are not so bad. I have seen evil character but Saki can't be categorized as bad at all.

That is why if she becomes a tragic character. And shoko at the end ends up happy with Haruto. I think it will give me a very very bad aftertaste

Sorry but romance in this anime has been destroyed for me. I dont give a F... about Haruto anymore who he ends up with. I do like it for now if they drop that romance thing and focus more on some fighting.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:31   Link #200
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Hmm. That sounds like an interesting possibility. It's very possible. The last VVV looks like a sensor type. Perfect for a hikkikomori like her.
I've actually been thinking that myself.

As it stands, Akira really has no purpose. Now more so than ever, she hasn't been doing anything. At the beginning she was hacking everything, but things have been out in space, and out of her realm. If she were to somehow end up in the final Valvrave... It's a possibility, however unlikely.

Shoko can't be the Prime Minister and a Valvrave pilot. Even beyond that, running around killing people in a war isn't exactly fitting of Shoko's character. She wants to stand side-by-side with Haruto, not kill people with him. As Prime Minister she's a representative to foreign powers, and she wont have the time to run around and fight a war. Just as much, how can she be a representative when she's also a soldier fighting a war? Such a thing is just not appropriate.

Edit: I don't know why it's a bad day to be a Saki fan. Granted her romantic situation is confused at best right now, but in terms of everything else she's become a pretty important character. As I said before, she's the serious one of the group and she's being very useful to the Valvrave team by trying to keep them out of trouble as a whole.