AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-13, 21:31   Link #201
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Remember guys Saki is still alive after 200 years..
Something my friend mentioned; the promise Saki mentions in the 200 year timeskip; is the promise about killing Haruto? Perhaps he loses control of himself, and is still alive in his berserker state after 200 years, and Saki still wishes to fulfill that promise.
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:32   Link #202
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I've actually been thinking that myself.

As it stands, Akira really has no purpose. Now more so than ever, she hasn't been doing anything. At the beginning she was hacking everything, but things have been out in space, and out of her realm. If she were to somehow end up in the final Valvrave... It's a possibility, however unlikely.

Shoko can't be the Prime Minister and a Valvrave pilot. Even beyond that, running around killing people in a war isn't exactly fitting of Shoko's character. She wants to stand side-by-side with Haruto, not kill people with him. As Prime Minister she's a representative to foreign powers, and she wont have the time to run around and fight a war. Just as much, how can she be a representative when she's also a soldier fighting a war? Such a thing is just not appropriate.
True and to correct one of my earlier posts L-elf has no chance of being a pilot either since he wasn't adjusted for the Valvraves.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:32   Link #203
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Can anyone make a gif of him ripping off Saki's clothes?
Now why would you want such a thing?
Spoiler:
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:32   Link #204
whitecloud
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Hoo...as expected he did go all the way...the only gripe I got why it is so fast...more scenes...bluray..please...ehem

Ok...enough with the rant, anyway from this episode we can see that haruto is basically in mercy of VVVtan, anything she want will basically manifested in form of basic instinct by haruto

Ok for speculation time....

by next episode saki will spill the bean to shouko during the date, accidentally or not, shouko maybe will be mad for 1 episode and by last ep will reconcile and the locket we see in the previous episode? Im sure it will be bought at the festival and the photo inside is the photo of the three of them together or just shouko and saki...

the promise will be with shouko and would be along the line to protect haruto and JIOR, shouko herself would maybe either die of old age (200 years!!) or die somewhere during season 2

All the pilot would definitely survive during the attack at the next episode, but the colony would be destroyed and 90% of the population killed just like in the gundam...the destruction of the colony...I forgot which one..but shouko, and some of the support cast will live, like the blonde student council girl, Akiras brother and other

Liselotte and Cain is definitely a vampire and each have their own valvrave, liselotte maybe a "true ancestor" so to speak, liselotte is a royalty, but both has differing opinion on things (peace and war?)...

L elf valvrave is in the tube growing fine...it will be evacuated by the end of the season with some other valvrave, that other valvrave will unfortunately be stolen by Cain And he will form their own unit of valvrave 2.0 with improved spec

Saki will maybe have kids in season 2...
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:33   Link #205
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Disclaimer: I have yet to watch the subbed version. I only watched the raw after reading some of the reactions on my twitter feed and wanting to see what the fuss was about. I am still waiting for the Crunchyroll version to come.

I had stumbled upon the leaked scene from this episode some time ago, but dismissed it as being a really well drawn hoax. I couldn't honestly imagine VVV going down this route, even after all the insanity and audacity the show had shown in the past few weeks.

Needless to say, I was surprised. And immediately appalled by what had occurred.

I don't want to post my impressions just yet, given it is going to be very hot headed and be based on the knee-jerk reaction based on what I had watched based on my limited understanding, but I do want to say a few things:

-This event more or less shows that yes, while we know that Saki lives for the next 200 years as seen in the flashforward in episode 7, her state during that time period does not mean she had not had awful things happen to her. I think that it is clear that death is not the worst thing that could happen to the cast here (as if it wasn't clear already)

-I am starting to worry about how much time they have left in order to have the final VVV pilot take their place. Actually, I am starting to worry if they have much time if any for them to wrap the season in a neat manner.

-I remain as confused as ever about the conditions for Haruto's berserk state.

-Even if I can see the connection between the vampirism and being incredibly sexually charged, since traditionally vampires (more specifically, the act of drinking blood) was seen as an allegory for sex (or at least, as something akin to a sexual act) I cannot help but feel that this came out of left field. It reeks of being used as shock value, and worst having the flimsiest of reasons to occur

-''Touched by god'' eh Aina? Well, I guess maybe the ones in the Greek Pantheon ... (but seriously, are they vampires or what? We have like, 3 different labels for them at this point)

-Thunder is surprisingly very endering in his stupidity.

-And Satomi is so going to die horribly isn't he? Yeah, after Shokou taking another thing from him once more (or as he is going to see it) I don't think he will be very happy next episode ...
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:33   Link #206
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now why would you want such a thing?
Spoiler:
How did I miss that part!? I'm too innocent for my own good.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:34   Link #207
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I wouldn't say the promise will be with Shoko yet. Haruto wasn't shown either and it's far more likely Haruto is in the locket and not Shoko. Saki also never says the person she made the promise with is actually dead anyway. Many are just interpreting that she made a promise with someone that may be dead when it could easily be someone that's alive and maybe "lost" at that time, thus even if it is or isn't Shoko it doesn't mean she has to be dead either way anyway.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:36   Link #208
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
-And Satomi is so going to die horribly isn't he? Yeah, after Shokou taking another thing from him once more (or as he is going to see it) I don't think he will be very happy next episode ...
I'm actually surprised that Satomi has survived this long.

On that note, did anyone else find it hilarious when Haruto "sexually harassed" what's-her-name and then as they were leaving she goes: "W-Wait!"
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:37   Link #209
finalfury
Incognito
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: At the end of the abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I've actually been thinking that myself.

As it stands, Akira really has no purpose. Now more so than ever, she hasn't been doing anything. At the beginning she was hacking everything, but things have been out in space, and out of her realm. If she were to somehow end up in the final Valvrave... It's a possibility, however unlikely.

Shoko can't be the Prime Minister and a Valvrave pilot. Even beyond that, running around killing people in a war isn't exactly fitting of Shoko's character. She wants to stand side-by-side with Haruto, not kill people with him. As Prime Minister she's a representative to foreign powers, and she wont have the time to run around and fight a war. Just as much, how can she be a representative when she's also a soldier fighting a war? Such a thing is just not appropriate.

Edit: I don't know why it's a bad day to be a Saki fan. Granted her romantic situation is confused at best right now, but in terms of everything else she's become a pretty important character. As I said before, she's the serious one of the group and she's being very useful to the Valvrave team by trying to keep them out of trouble as a whole.
She's pretty much set herself to becoming a tragic heroine of the series. While I love myself a good, strong, serious tragic heroine who thinks with her head but is emotionally attached to others. It's technically a bad day for for Saki shippers not Saki fans, but dealing with shippers ain't something I'm good at. :/
__________________
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:39   Link #210
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I wouldn't say the promise will be with Shoko yet. Haruto wasn't shown either and it's far more likely Haruto is in the locket and not Shoko. Saki also never says the person she made the promise with is actually dead anyway. Many are just interpreting that she made a promise with someone that may be dead.
More than likely that promise would have been with Haruto. Whether or not Haruto ultimately died or lived and is simply astray from the Valvrave group is another matter entirely.

Considering Saki and Haruto are obviously intended to have a closer relationship than the other pilots, this seems likely. Granted their relationship looks a bit awkward, what with Saki making out with him and then him raping her because of the weirdo Valvrave mojo, but I think it's too soon and too unlikely to peg this as being some kind of horrible rift-causing event. Even if Saki loses to Shoko romantically, in the end I get a "best friend and confidant" vibe from Saki. Though I guess that's tragic in that she probably wants more than that.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:41   Link #211
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Disclaimer: I have yet to watch the subbed version. I only watched the raw after reading some of the reactions on my twitter feed and wanting to see what the fuss was about. I am still waiting for the Crunchyroll version to come.

I had stumbled upon the leaked scene from this episode some time ago, but dismissed it as being a really well drawn hoax. I couldn't honestly imagine VVV going down this route, even after all the insanity and audacity the show had shown in the past few weeks.

Needless to say, I was surprised. And immediately appalled by what had occurred.

I don't want to post my impressions just yet, given it is going to be very hot headed and be based on the knee-jerk reaction based on what I had watched based on my limited understanding, but I do want to say a few things:

-This event more or less shows that yes, while we know that Saki lives for the next 200 years as seen in the flashforward in episode 7, her state during that time period does not mean she had not had awful things happen to her. I think that it is clear that death is not the worst thing that could happen to the cast here (as if it wasn't clear already)

-I am starting to worry about how much time they have left in order to have the final VVV pilot take their place. Actually, I am starting to worry if they have much time if any for them to wrap the season in a neat manner.

-I remain as confused as ever about the conditions for Haruto's berserk state.

-Even if I can see the connection between the vampirism and being incredibly sexually charged, since traditionally vampires (more specifically, the act of drinking blood) was seen as an allegory for sex (or at least, as something akin to a sexual act) I cannot help but feel that this came out of left field. It reeks of being used as shock value, and worst having the flimsiest of reasons to occur

-''Touched by god'' eh Aina? Well, I guess maybe the ones in the Greek Pantheon ... (but seriously, are they vampires or what? We have like, 3 different labels for them at this point)

-Thunder is surprisingly very endering in his stupidity.

-And Satomi is so going to die horribly isn't he? Yeah, after Shokou taking another thing from him once more (or as he is going to see it) I don't think he will be very happy next episode ...
You are aware that there's still another cour after this? As for Haruto's new berserk state, I believe that OS-tan's curiosity in sex aroused by their little kiss in the cockpit is to blame.

I have to wonder. Is L-elf aware this is happening? Did he predict this?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:44   Link #212
whitecloud
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
More than likely that promise would have been with Haruto. Whether or not Haruto ultimately died or lived and is simply astray from the Valvrave group is another matter entirely.

Considering Saki and Haruto are obviously intended to have a closer relationship than the other pilots, this seems likely. Granted their relationship looks a bit awkward, what with Saki making out with him and then him raping her because of the weirdo Valvrave mojo, but I think it's too soon and too unlikely to peg this as being some kind of horrible rift-causing event. Even if Saki loses to Shoko romantically, in the end I get a "best friend and confidant" vibe from Saki. Though I guess that's tragic in that she probably wants more than that.
How about more than a friend and less than a girlfriend?...friend with benefits? Especially when after 200 years there will be literally little option?
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:46   Link #213
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
You say she accepted it, but her clasping hands with him is one of the body languages that seems to me that she enjoyed it. I don't think when a girl is being raped, she would want to interlock hands with the rapist if she wasn't enjoying it, if she did accept it though, pretty sure she would be just lying down and not resisting.
Woman who get raped by men feel bad if they feel pleasure from a orgasm does not make rape right does it. Anyways hmm idk feel sunrise should have her kick em off anime is already painted as sexist as it is and this is not helping.

Anyways meeh hard to judge this anime stupid over the top high school drama in one place, Scheming war general in another,and then rape.

And the comments tryna paint this in a different light come on guys rape is rape initially she tried to stop him and that is what matters. Pro tip most reported rapes happen with people who know each other and even somewhat like each other.

Then again this is also rape for Haruto since he had zero control over himself what a lame way to loose your virginity id be pissed.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:47   Link #214
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Woman who get raped by men feel bad if they feel pleasure from a orgasm does not make rape right does it. Anyways hmm idk feel sunrise should have her kick em off anime is already painted as sexist as it is and this is not helping.

Anyways meeh hard to judge this anime stupid over the top high school drama in one place, Scheming war general in another,and then rape.
But they wouldn't interlock hands with the rapist either....It was consensual to a point because she had feelings for him before hand.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:48   Link #215
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
I just realized this. Whatever happened to "I'll kill you when to start attacking people like a rapid beast"?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:49   Link #216
whitecloud
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I just realized this. Whatever happened to "I'll kill you when to start attacking people like a rapid beast"?
Added clause...except if it is me...
whitecloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:50   Link #217
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
L-Elf knew it was getting worse so he most likely did know that something would happen hence why he abandon Haruto to it for now and used the election as an excuse to stay away. This way Haruto will come to rely heavily on L-Elf more as L-Elf can control him better than any other when he tries to go Vampire against his will.

Though I don't think L-Elf knew that Haruto's urge to bite would change to wanting to have sex. So leaving Haruto alone has effectively given him Shoko to control as well as she will be absolutely destroyed when she learns of this and Haruto breaking her heart again when he rejects her confession.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:56   Link #218
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
But they wouldn't interlock hands with the rapist either....It was consensual to a point because she had feelings for him before hand.
If she had a orgasm yes even being raped its possible for a woman to interlock hands. No I have never raped some one only consensual sex.
__________________
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:57   Link #219
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I just realized this. Whatever happened to "I'll kill you when to start attacking people like a rapid beast"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Added clause...except if it is me...
They thought Haruto would ultimately try to kill someone or force body-switching on them (Not really sure why they thought it would be so simple). Nobody expected him to need to have sex with someone.

As it turned out she was ultimately the one who it ended up happening to, and while it may have been disappointing I doubt she was wholly bothered by it. She was already prepared to act as Haruto's victim. She already had a great interest in him (and had made out with him before against his will). It wasn't ideal, but she was obviously willing to accept the situation as a part of this grand scheme. Mark my words, it wont be the last time this happens.

Edit: Also I guarantee the majority of you that if you turn this into a discussion about the dynamics of rape, it wont end well.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:59   Link #220
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012


okay VVV-tan was definitely instigating it and she was happy to do so
__________________
shadow1296 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.