AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-14, 11:35   Link #341
BadtheGuy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
What a huge difference in reaction when it comes to rape as compared to other crimes. Makes it sound as if other crimes such as torture or murder is any better.

I despise people that have such a lack of empathy and understanding. Hopefully you have a good life ahead of you. Good day/ night.
I don't lack empathy or understanding. I just refuse to compromise because of the situation. Bad things happened and people must suffer for it. Cause and effect. His fate was sealed the moment he made his uninformed choice. Unfortunately for him he didn't just get a cool mecha with the deal. I dislike the situation and feel for the characters to varying degrees but it is how it is. There is no fixing this.

As for rape, murder, torture: People will react differently depending upon the person you ask. Different people will ascribe different value to different crimes. They are ultimately all evil regardless and unredeemable. Personally I do believe rape is the worst for more intangible reasons.

@blue-kun: Yes he isn't 'bad' so this is more tragic but nevertheless it's come to this and I stand by my view. I didn't like his character from the beginning though for other reasons: He's just a weak schoolboy character. Totally uninteresting annoying kid. He's basically your average JP hero.
BadtheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:53   Link #342
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadtheGuy View Post
Well, I'm glad a large portion of the fanbase seems to agree that Haruto is a shit character.
I feel like he is as someone mentioned, being set up as an enemy. L-Elf makes the better protagonist anyway. He's more central to the plot as well.

Regardless of the circumstances, it was rape. He may not have been in full control but he will remember it and ultimately he gave up his humanity by choice so fuck him. He just NTR'd Shoko and I hope he at least has the manliness to stay the hell away from her for her own good.
Hypocrisy... Haruto is bad because he made a decision some weeks ago that led to him today to rape someone without himself being able to stop it? But L-Elf is still OK, even though he KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE willingly? Yea sure... I don't really care about the characters of Valvrave anymore... but you are clearly a Haruto hater and a L-Elf fanboy/fangirl.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:15   Link #343
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadtheGuy View Post
I don't lack empathy or understanding. I just refuse to compromise because of the situation. Bad things happened and people must suffer for it. Cause and effect. His fate was sealed the moment he made his uninformed choice. Unfortunately for him he didn't just get a cool mecha with the deal. I dislike the situation and feel for the characters to varying degrees but it is how it is. There is no fixing this.

As for rape, murder, torture: People will react differently depending upon the person you ask. Different people will ascribe different value to different crimes. They are ultimately all evil regardless and unredeemable. Personally I do believe rape is the worst for more intangible reasons.

@blue-kun: Yes he isn't 'bad' so this is more tragic but nevertheless it's come to this and I stand by my view. I didn't like his character from the beginning though for other reasons: He's just a weak schoolboy character. Totally uninteresting annoying kid. He's basically your average JP hero.
I guess from a western standpoint we seem to place more hatred towards rape than towards murder at least in television and/or media. You will get way more hate for a rape scene than for a murder scene. I honestly can't tell you a straight-forward answer why, just pointing out a fact.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 13:20   Link #344
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So the truth about behind the school is slowly coming out.
Honestly, it was about time something like that surfaced.
It will make things more interesting, at least for the final 2 episodes.
So far, the students have been doing pretty well considering.
Tokishima's hunger is starting to affect him more often though.
Well... he had to "feed" on someone...
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 14:49   Link #345
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
In case someone hasn't figure this out by now:

- OS-Tan talks about Hunger -> Haruto starts biting people
- OS-Tan asks "Is this intercourse?" - > This episode happens.

The fits of rage is the AI looking for information it seems.

Also: I think we now know what's the promise Saki was talking about in the flashforward. She did promise to kill Haruto if he lost complete control of himself.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:03   Link #346
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In case someone hasn't figure this out by now:

- OS-Tan talks about Hunger -> Haruto starts biting people
- OS-Tan asks "Is this intercourse?" - > This episode happens.

The fits of rage is the AI looking for information it seems.

Also: I think we now know what's the promise Saki was talking about in the flashforward. She did promise to kill Haruto if he lost complete control of himself.
That sounds good but Saki smiling when remembering the promise looks really weird
amaterasu4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:05   Link #347
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 25
Well wow, I honestly didn't see that coming.
I'm curious to see what Haruto does in the next episode, I hope they elevate his characterization because of this horrible crime he committed. I hope he not gonna sulk for the next 6 episodes as per usual anime MC.
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:09   Link #348
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
I propose Scorpions - Hurricane being Haruto's theme song from now on. :'D

I mean... sysly:

It's early morning
The sun comes out
Last night was shaking
And pretty loud
My cat is purring
And scratches my skin
So what is wrong
With another sin
The bitch is hungry
She needs to tell
So give her inches
And feed her well
More days to come
New places to go
I've got to leave
It's time for a show

Even Shouko would have to agree to those lines
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:19   Link #349
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28° 37', North ; 77° 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I guess from a western standpoint we seem to place more hatred towards rape than towards murder at least in television and/or media. You will get way more hate for a rape scene than for a murder scene. I honestly can't tell you a straight-forward answer why, just pointing out a fact.
Well, rape IS torture isn't it? I think a lot of people will agree ( I don't necessarily) that severe torture warrants a worse penalty than murder. I'm sure if we really combed through the law and found out what the penalty for sexual torture (if we can exclude that from rape) is, it would be as severe as rape. I guess, if you think about it, there are some pretty fucked up ways to torture people without raping them that will probably get more hate than rape. Apart from this I guess it has something to do with the perverse, bestial nature of rape; Someone getting their rocks off from making someone else feel pain and terrible humiliation, or in (don't flame me for this, just an opinion), less severe cases, when an individual just cant control his sexual urges, like a beast. We live in a society where we can find reasons to justify murder (because well, maybe sometimes it IS justified), but you would be hard pressed to ever justify rape; I think most people ( I guess men are the relevant group) can fit murder within perfectly rational thought, but can't, and wouldn't even consider doing the same with rape. If you think about it, there was a more brutal time when rape really wasn't all that big a deal; in fact for most of human history it wasn't the biggest of deals, certainly not anywhere as bad as murder. To drive this point home, marital 'rape' wasn't considered a crime until very recently in a lot of the world.

I think an interesting slightly related point to mull over (just throwing this out there), is why we see bestiality as animal cruelty because animals can't really conset, but the slaughtering of animals for meat isn't seen as murder.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:41   Link #350
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
She did raise one this episode with the delayed confession and delayed confessions usually go wrong (The only one I can think of that went totally right is Mikono's from Aquarion Evol).

There are also many factors preventing it. There is Cain's "final stand" and now there's Saki.
But she was with other guy by the time being, thats why people "loves" her so much .


__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 18:12   Link #351
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooL1K8aziDA


軍事法廷第54号

54th Military Tribunal
__________________

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 18:59   Link #352
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In case someone hasn't figure this out by now:

- OS-Tan talks about Hunger -> Haruto starts biting people
- OS-Tan asks "Is this intercourse?" - > This episode happens.

The fits of rage is the AI looking for information it seems.

Also: I think we now know what's the promise Saki was talking about in the flashforward. She did promise to kill Haruto if he lost complete control of himself.
You guys don't understand the 200 time year skip D: Sheesh, it was in fact a 213 time year skip.
The problem with that is its only year 1 of the third galatic reich, the promise she was talking about in 200 year time-skip happened 13 years later.

Ep 1, Year 71 true year, the beginning of the third galatic reich or a.k.a Year 1 of the third galatic reich
Ep 7, Year 214 of the third galatic reach.
"Even after 200 years, a promise is a promise. Right"

So 13 years from the current time is when the promise is made.
Then 200 years from that time is when we get to see Saki say that line again.

We do not know the promise yet, if Saki is not rounding down the number of years, then the promise has not been made yet.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 19:06   Link #353
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
the promise will likely take place in the second season...
kinda like in code r2, the vvv s2 might take place some time after the end of s1...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 19:20   Link #354
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
You guys don't understand the 200 time year skip D: Sheesh, it was in fact a 213 time year skip.
The problem with that is its only year 1 of the third galatic reich, the promise she was talking about in 200 year time-skip happened 13 years later.

Ep 1, Year 71 true year, the beginning of the third galatic reich or a.k.a Year 1 of the third galatic reich
Ep 7, Year 214 of the third galatic reach.
"Even after 200 years, a promise is a promise. Right"

So 13 years from the current time is when the promise is made.
Then 200 years from that time is when we get to see Saki say that line again.

We do not know the promise yet, if Saki is not rounding down the number of years, then the promise has not been made yet.
Technically 214, but yeah this was something I had brought up earlier, and it's either a promise she makes later or the writers just messed up in their continuity.

I would honestly believe either case.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 20:30   Link #355
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooL1K8aziDA


軍事法廷第54号

54th Military Tribunal
If the title is true, this anime is getting very political...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The International Military Tribunal for the Far East
Following the model used at the Nuremberg Trials in Germany, the Allies established three broad categories.

54 Ordered, authorised, and permitted inhumane treatment of prisoners of war and others
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 20:30   Link #356
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth's last post of defense
... too much drama for eveyone. Shoko still is the best throughout the series and am looking forward for the next episode now that L Elf is going to tell her the truth about Valvrave.

Saki was just being a bit selfish, grumpy, desirous, possessive, stoic and negative but is also somehow realistic, considerate, caring and reasonable in this episode. I felt betrayed unknowing, as a girl, that somethin's going on behind your back. A taste of disgust rolled down to my throat as Sunrise did have the balls to make the RAPE scene. Thanks to Entrav's review that I was able to control myself. XD the guy is just so funny. Yeah, I don't care about pairings that much but I am a ShoukoxL Lef shipper. Lololololol <(©\\\©)>
__________________
WORDS ARE JUST WORDS UNLESS YOU PUT MEANING INTO IT.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 20:43   Link #357
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Best line of the review

"Wait, when did he take off his pants?... I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?" XD
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 21:06   Link #358
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
... too much drama for eveyone. Shoko still is the best throughout the series and am looking forward for the next episode now that L Elf is going to tell her the truth about Valvrave.

Saki was just being a bit selfish, grumpy, desirous, possessive, stoic and negative but is also somehow realistic, considerate, caring and reasonable in this episode. I felt betrayed unknowing, as a girl, that somethin's going on behind your back. A taste of disgust rolled down to my throat as Sunrise did have the balls to make the RAPE scene. Thanks to Entrav's review that I was able to control myself. XD the guy is just so funny. Yeah, I don't care about pairings that much but I am a ShoukoxL Lef shipper. Lololololol <(©\\\©)>
I think he was too shocked for words this week, and I don't blame him. Love his blogs though.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 21:16   Link #359
Dreamwinder
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I just watched the episode and all i can say is poor saki, she was willing to help haruto by letting him jack her body but instead she got raped by him unitentionally

Seein her face at the end makes me feel sorry for her
Dreamwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 21:21   Link #360
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamwinder View Post
I just watched the episode and all i can say is poor saki, she was willing to help haruto by letting him jack her body but instead she got raped by him unitentionally

Seein her face at the end makes me feel sorry for her
This review makes it better

http://www.entravity.com/valvrave-th...-fucking-shit/
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.