AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-18, 16:13   Link #581
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
The weirdest thing about the episode is why didn't Saki kick him and effectively stall his desires again like she did in the elevator, like she did in the past 7 or so episodes.
That would only be putting off the inevitable. Haruto's episodes were steadily becoming more frequent. He had to achieve a measure of "release" in order for them to die back down. And Saki had agreed to bear the brunt of his episodes.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 16:42   Link #582
Fjoergyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Last.fm
L-elf may have understood the message of the system, which referred to sex?
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 17:28   Link #583
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
honestly we don't know the complete context yet as to why did what she did, or if she didn't have any other options

but we'll probably find out in 2 days

they will be a lot of awkward questions thrown back and forth between the two
__________________

-- My problem with most osananajimi archetypes
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 17:57   Link #584
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Earth's last post of defense
Dear Sunrise,

At least for once please let Akira pilot one of the VVV and don't proceed with a time skip. Prove other's thought of Shoko getting killed in the last episode WRONG though, I also feel like she's in grave danger and is to die at any moment. Just for once, screw L Elf's plan. More SakixHaruto. . . No more forcing and ntr stuffs for winterson's sake. . . . . . . . . . *whisper*
__________________
WORDS ARE JUST WORDS UNLESS YOU PUT MEANING INTO IT.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 18:06   Link #585
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Dear Sunrise,

At least for once please let Akira pilot one of the VVV and don't proceed with a time skip. Prove other's thought of Shoko getting killed in the last episode WRONG though, I also feel like she's in grave danger and is to die at any moment. Just for once, screw L Elf's plan. More SakixHaruto. . . No more forcing and ntr stuffs for winterson's sake. . . . . . . . . . *whisper*
well the next valvrave pilot will more than likely be revealed next episode, shoko will probably die soon sorry, cain piloting in the next episode will probably mess with plans and the whole harutoXsaki stuff will probably not happen if shoko survives
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 18:14   Link #586
Fjoergyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Last.fm
Shoko is not going to die soon his real role in the story is just beginning.
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:51   Link #587
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
The sex scene just threw me off....but I guess they gave a flash forward of it happening....


I think L-elf will probably make a move for the last valvrave...

Its either L-elf, Shoko or Satomi would pilot the last valvrave and I dont wanna see L-elf pilot valvrave cuz he doesnt need it anyway, Immortality is just plain too boring if the partner isnt immortal or it would turn to some emo shit!


PS: why do sunrise always give us shitty sex scene with the girl that they wont be officially paired with???? just to add some emo sense of duty shit?! feels like im watch gundam seed with a cheap ass copy shitty plot?!
__________________


Boredom can kill you~

Last edited by pampz21; 2013-06-18 at 23:26.
pampz21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:24   Link #588
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
At least Sawa Nakamura isn't a Sakimori student. Imagine Valvrave's drama if she was also blackmailing Haruto!!!



'I saw you...invading Saki-san'.

'I'n going to tear down the walls around you...and make you the greatest vampire deviant the galaxy has ever seen!'
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:22   Link #589
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You and some others are far too hard on Satomi. On what basis is he a wimp? His shouting match with Thunder from a couple episodes ago? His threatening L-Elf with a gun pointed right at him?

Satomi is somewhat aloof, and doesn't connect that well with the average teenager. Frankly, it's largely because he's thinking at a responsible adult level, which is more than what can be said for most of these kids. But when dealing with adults, I think his strengths would come through better.
He also seems to fold rather easily to the blond girl. And his sister. Maybe he's not good with women?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:30   Link #590
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
I thought it was already decided that the last vvv pilot is going to be that red haired girl?

but really, all those "I'm hungry" messages from valvrave-tan were all about sex? LOL didn't see that coming.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:18   Link #591
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Reflecting on L-11' strategies and a supposed Shoko's death, if L-11 is really a fine strategist, as he seems to be, he should have put Shoko's survival as pivotal for his plans. On his chessboard she should be the King. Then Haruto the queen and the other VVV the rooks and bishops. Clearly the other students are just pawns and so expendables. What is unclear is if they are really expendables or not, given that the module needs management and maintenance (not that the show was consistent about that so far, so probably it' the former).
On the other side I'm curious to see if he really overlooked Haruto's "hunger" or instead has evaluate it generically favorable because it could detach him from Shoko.

Anyways, I don't know what to expect, the last show in which elections were involved writers screwed things up. So now I'm a bit worried that they will go in the wrong direction. Let's wait and see.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:03   Link #592
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Reflecting on L-11' strategies and a supposed Shoko's death, if L-11 is really a fine strategist, as he seems to be, he should have put Shoko's survival as pivotal for his plans. On his chessboard she should be the King. Then Haruto the queen and the other VVV the rooks and bishops. Clearly the other students are just pawns and so expendables. What is unclear is if they are really expendables or not, given that the module needs management and maintenance (not that the show was consistent about that so far, so probably it' the former).
On the other side I'm curious to see if he really overlooked Haruto's "hunger" or instead has evaluate it generically favorable because it could detach him from Shoko.

Anyways, I don't know what to expect, the last show in which elections were involved writers screwed things up. So now I'm a bit worried that they will go in the wrong direction. Let's wait and see.
Not really, Shouko isn't as vital as a King, reason is that while it's true that she is inspirational and capable of lessen the stress, in a war era, her role can be largely replaced anytime. she is a king in name only, an expendable one in term of strategy(i'm not having anything against Shouko, i'm speaking purely from a strategic POV) reason being as VVV pilots with their strength can be as inspirational and supportive, remember how in ep1 to 4 people react to Haruto, samething as that. In term of expendables, Shouko is much more expendable than normal students now that she become the representative, the reason is the title of" head of the states" The life of the leader can be use as a bargain chip and much more valuable than normal student, considering capabilities, even if Shouko isn't there the school still can continue it's function thus putting her in a giant death flag.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:50   Link #593
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
So we have 4 of 7 of the "Golden 7" already. So aside from, as many already mentioned, the hacker-girl, who is going to take the last 2 spots? Well 1 could be Satomi too, but still we need 1 more then!
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:01   Link #594
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
The weirdest thing about the episode is why didn't Saki kick him and effectively stall his desires again like she did in the elevator, like she did in the past 7 or so episodes.

Just this one time, he's acting crazy again, and instead of giving him a swift kick, she turns into scared-girl mode, and then he overpowers her, assaults her, she resists, then accepts.

"Something something the willing."
Saki thought the urge was jacking/biting offering her body, too late did she realize this urge was mating.

Haruto urges has been constantly denied that it needed a release. Haruto's episodes was his curse.

Saki was scared and overpowered by berserk Haruto. By that time she was already being raped.

Saki was already emotionally not sound over Haruto and this happens. Then she thinks having resigned her humanity this was her Curse, being the only female immortal makes her different from the rest.

To Saki's mind Shoko won as Haruto loves her but Saki wont be loved the same way as she thinks her worth is a sex slave to Haruto's urges. They aren't blessed as Aina thought but they're cursed.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:11   Link #595
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So we have 4 of 7 of the "Golden 7" already. So aside from, as many already mentioned, the hacker-girl, who is going to take the last 2 spots? Well 1 could be Satomi too, but still we need 1 more then!
I bet on the loli as future pilot.
And maybe a unit could be stolen, Athrun-like, couldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Not really, Shouko isn't as vital as a King, reason is that while it's true that she is inspirational and capable of lessen the stress, in a war era, her role can be largely replaced anytime. she is a king in name only, an expendable one in term of strategy(i'm not having anything against Shouko, i'm speaking purely from a strategic POV) reason being as VVV pilots with their strength can be as inspirational and supportive, remember how in ep1 to 4 people react to Haruto, samething as that. In term of expendables, Shouko is much more expendable than normal students now that she become the representative, the reason is the title of" head of the states" The life of the leader can be use as a bargain chip and much more valuable than normal student, considering capabilities, even if Shouko isn't there the school still can continue it's function thus putting her in a giant death flag.
I'm talking about king in terms of chess king, not intended as a ruler. The king is on the chessboard the less powerful piece, but you have to checkmate him to win the game. From L-11 perspective if he want to be sure to keep the students together he needs her. Whatever she says they will do it. And what about Haruto? We already know what happened when he thought she was dead. So it's better for L-11 to keep her safe to avoid Haruto going berserk or losing his main drive. Without her you see that strategically speaking things can become uncontrollable for him alone. If he'd lose Shoko he'd lose even Haruto and the students. Looking at the pros and cons it's better for him to defend her as his white king. Yes, it'a conservative strategy.
He could even assume that losing Shoko Haruto becomes unstoppable and annihilates the enemies, but it would be a very risky strategy, that wouldn't give L-11 much room to prediction.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:32   Link #596
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Honestly, I really like Arya's idea of "L-Elf as chessmaster, Shoko as King, Haruto as Queen, other Valvrave pilots as other major pieces (Bishop, Knight, Rook), all other students as pawns". It fits.

Putting aside my disagreements with Shoko and most of the students, there's no question that Shoko is a very well-beloved figure for NeoJIOR. Even before the election, there's probably no person's who's death would sadden the NeoJIOR people more than Shoko's death. It could be very demoralizing for them, and completely sap the will to fight for most of them. So from L-Elf's perspective, Shoko staying alive is likely essential (at least insofar as he needs NeoJIOR to fulfill his plans). Shoko isn't any more useful offensively than an average student is (just like a King isn't any more useful offensively than a pawn is), but her survival may be essential.

Haruto is the Queen in that he's the most offensively useful piece in the game, just like the Queen is. He's the most battle-tested of all the Valvrave pilots, and I think that his Valvrave might be the only one with that seppuku ultimate maneuver.

The other Valvrave pilots are other offensively valuable key pieces.

Your average student is just a pawn, in that his/her usefulness is strictly limited, and s/he won't be that hard for Dorssia to take-out if combat goes inside of the Module.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:48   Link #597
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
@triple r true but knowing l-elf he could use shoko's death to rally the other students in to action playing shoko as a martyr who died fighting against the evil dorssian empire


also i don't think satomi will pilot a valvrave because i believe the last pilot will be a girl now if its not akira there are two more female students that aren't shoko that appeared in the opening that could pilot them and thats takahi and shoko's best friend who i forget the name to
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:19   Link #598
kaigan
Segmentation fault
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
shoko's best friend who i forget the name to
that's probably marie?

i also want akira to be the next pilot, but there are two more still. i'm hoping though highly unlikely, for the council vice president. more female pilots
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:30   Link #599
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post

also i don't think satomi will pilot a valvrave because i believe the last pilot will be a girl now if its not akira there are two more female students that aren't shoko that appeared in the opening that could pilot them and thats takahi and shoko's best friend who i forget the name to
Yeah, I definitely think we're getting at least one more female pilot. So that means it's either Akira, Takahi, Shoko's friend, or Shoko herself. At least one of those four is going to become a Valvrave pilot, I think. Funny thing is that I have a hard time picturing either of them as a Valvrave pilot. But I just don't see the show going with a 6 males to 1 female ratio, and these really are your only remaining female options.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:57   Link #600
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, I definitely think we're getting at least one more female pilot. So that means it's either Akira, Takahi, Shoko's friend, or Shoko herself. At least one of those four is going to become a Valvrave pilot, I think. Funny thing is that I have a hard time picturing either of them as a Valvrave pilot. But I just don't see the show going with a 6 males to 1 female ratio, and these really are your only remaining female options.
honestly the only two i can see piloting one is akira or takahi, shoko can't because not only would it be bad for the plot but it would severely effect haruto and saki individually and not in a good way, and marie is like attached to shoko at the hip in almost every single scene she is in she is next to shoko so no i don't see her piloting one, takahi probably suspects somethings up so she might investigate the last valvrave and become the pilot of it, and akira because sunrise has been promoting her and the specs of it makes her the only one capable of using it to its full potential
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.