AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 00:07   Link #101
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Something seemed a bit silly to tell these people all about the planes they just flew the other day .
I'd probably agree on the lack of adequate teachers thing. Considering the one 'adequate teacher' slept in and then spent several minutes staring at himself in front of a window....
The way you described that scene made me lol when I read this, even though I didn't when I watched it.
Old 2014-01-14, 00:26   Link #102
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Well, well, well - another solid episode! Good, good....

If this keeps up Pilot's Love Song could enter the category of an "anticipating each weekly episode", something which only has three inhabitants at the moment for me - and one of them is a carryover from last season.

After listening to the ED again I must say that not only is it extremely fitting to the series, but also combines both an element of dread at impending violence and tragedy together with an ethereal loveliness just beyond one's reach. It is very well done in my opinion....
Old 2014-01-14, 02:49   Link #103
jzmagic
flargansbog

The series is setting up Claire and Kal to be star crossed lovers, members of nobility on opposite sides and Kal harboring a deep hatred for Claire’s alternate persona. No doubt in my mind Claire will die by the end of this series. Also, tons of death flags raised during the dinner scene.

Last edited by jzmagic; 2014-01-14 at 03:13.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 02:51   Link #104
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The whole business with the waterfall at the end of the sky is pretty reminiscent of Last Exile, and indeed in many ways this series is starting to take on the feel of a Gonzo series from a decade ago - which I would by no means consider a bad thing. Naming conventions, visual stlye, broad plot structure - it has a very Gonzo feel, as does the grand, theatrical nature of the dialogue.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 04:41   Link #105
Esclair

This series does have a very 'Last Exile' feel to it. Now I'm curious what they'll find at the End of The Sky. Also, I get the feeling that the whole Isla project seems to be a one way mission to get rid of the nobles that didn't integrate? Kal's retort against the Noble seems to suggest that. There was also talk earlier amongst the people remaining that they'd divide up the land and govern. There's also all this talk about a one way trip too. I guess if the Nobles are sent off, then the commoners that went with them would still be treated like 2nd class citizens. Anyways, is there some kind of different in uniforms between nobles and commoners? I tried looking for any obvious signs but I couldn't find them.

Also, poor Ari, she got ditched already
Esclair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 08:00   Link #106
Noble101

You can already tell who will end up with who by the pairings in this episode. Is that Admiral Claire's father?
Noble101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 10:08   Link #107
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Did I miss something? What do you mean with "Clair is on the opposite side"?
Old 2014-01-14, 12:55   Link #108
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You'll want to read the first post in this thread, especially the pre-air synopsis. They are not really on opposite sides now (as far as I can tell from the anime - unless you consider nobles and commoners to be opposite sides) but they have some nasty history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
No doubt in my mind Claire will die by the end of this series. Also, tons of death flags raised during the dinner scene.
I hope she does not die but there's no doubt that this will get very dark very soon, going by how desperate they were at the beginning of the first episode. There will surely be more than one named character death.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 12:57   Link #109
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think it was meant here that Claire has family roots in the current ruling class and Kal-el has family roots in the old, ousted ruling class (one that is impoverished now, in fact, and possibly even wiped out?) ... the new regime vs. old regime kind of thing.
Old 2014-01-14, 14:00   Link #110
Dark Wing

Now is it just me or are there a lot of death flags being waved around in episode 2?
Old 2014-01-14, 19:09   Link #111
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble101 View Post
You can already tell who will end up with who by the pairings in this episode. Is that Admiral Claire's father?
I'm think she's his daughter, but the episode subs read relative. If she's not his daughter and is indeed a relative, I'd assume he's her guardian.
Old 2014-01-15, 01:18   Link #112
Darthtabby

You know, I really want to recommend that people who are watching this series watch The Princess and the Pilot because its such a great movie, but I'm actually finding that my knowledge of that film is making the setting of this series more confusing, not less so.

Actually, the discrepancies between The Princess and the Pilot and this series that is supposedly set in the same world make me suspicious of some of the things the kids in this series are being taught...
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:46   Link #113
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Wasn't that waterfall mentioned in the latest episode in The Princess and the Pilot movie?
Old 2014-01-15, 10:23   Link #114
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wasn't that waterfall mentioned in the latest episode in The Princess and the Pilot movie?
Yeah, it's the whole reason
Spoiler for Princess and the Pilot movie:
Utsuro no Hako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 23:20   Link #115
SkoolRumble4Ya

So much cute moment between Carl and Claire. Man this anime gonna give me the feels.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 08:13   Link #116
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The whole business with the waterfall at the end of the sky is pretty reminiscent of Last Exile, and indeed in many ways this series is starting to take on the feel of a Gonzo series from a decade ago - which I would by no means consider a bad thing. Naming conventions, visual stlye, broad plot structure - it has a very Gonzo feel, as does the grand, theatrical nature of the dialogue.
That's what stroke me straight from the first episode, glad to know I wasn't the only one. It really does feel like 10 years ago GONZO and that is by no means a bad thing, quite the opposite. Let's just hope it holds up to the end and doesn't crash and burn (somehow I'm getting a bit afraid of the slow pacing considering they only have 12 episodes to tell the story).

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 18:28   Link #117
Arya

Very promising first two episodes. I was a bit worried at first by the, obvious, not related by blood sister and related antics, but apparently they are not going there if not just for the quarrels part. That's helped to get into the mood faster.
So far everything is handled wisely to convey the right sense of gravitas required, that's what is drawing me into the show. But the fact that it's only a 12 episodes show now worries me a bit. That'd explain why they didn't indulge on the sister antics and why luckily they already set up the couples.
Btw, apparently I'm missing some important bit of info since as usual I didn't read the synopsis, and this time it's better I'd do it to know more about Claire and Karl.

On a side note, damn VVV, at first I had these L-elf vibes from the angry guy. That suddenly flew away the moment he landed

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 18:41   Link #118
Tenzen12

I am not completely sure whether it's safe assume it will not go into brother-sister (not related by blood) direction yet. Especialy as quite ill natured fate awaits Karel and Clair.

To be honest even if I am trying to be objective here, I wouldn't mind if it did.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 03:56   Link #119
Arya

I've been a bit too categorical, I'm quite sure Ariel harbors feelings for his little brother, what I meant is that the way they presented in the first episode Claire and Karl interactions felt a bit definitive, like a fated encounter sort of. Nothing can beat the memory of a riding bike mirrored in between the gentle waves of a lake at the sunset!
But admittedly, as I said, at first I also I'd have expected a possible brother sister route. Even because given this peculiar universe, I went with the rule that paired-pilots == romance couples. Then they changed the paired pilots, but not that rule.
In any case I haven't read about the ill natured fate yet. But unless Claire didn't kill off his family with her own hands, given the settings the only thing that I see that could stop them is death.
But I'm just speculating obviously.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 05:25   Link #120
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Actually, the discrepancies between The Princess and the Pilot and this series that is supposedly set in the same world make me suspicious of some of the things the kids in this series are being taught...
It's set on the same world?

what's the connection between those 2? I have watched that movie before but its been a long time and I even forgotten the whole show. Just bits of it where it didn't ended in a good ending for those 2. But at least it ended great because I remember the war was stop or something when she manage to marry her fiance but I can't remember much anymore.

Will there be connection on characters?

I have only watched episode 1 and I haven't seen any connection aside from the title indeed remember me of that movie. But aside from that. Nothing.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, pilot, romance