AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-20, 03:37   Link #21
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You are aware that Shimizu Ai was first a mainstream seiyuu in the early and mid 2000's before doing eroge roles somewhere in 2009 after she was unable to get many roles after 2007 or 2008?
Most eroge seiyuu's are either newbie seiyuu's without many roles and who haven't had a "break" or "older" seiyuu's who don't get many (if any) roles in animes these days on a regular base.
Where do you get this info, anyway? I wouldn't be able to make sense of it myself since I can't read Japanese, but where is it posted? I doubt the seiyuus themselves would post "I am making a move to 18+ productions for now given the recent dearth of voice roles I can find" on their blogs or the like.

And age doesn't mean too much if you can still make appropriate voices for roles. Miki Itou and Keiko Han are two legendary older female seiyuus, for instance. As another example, it's sometimes joked that Tohru Furuya (the legendary voice behind Amuro Ray in the First Gundam series) still sounds the same as he did in 1979.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 05:29   Link #22
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Where do you get this info, anyway? I wouldn't be able to make sense of it myself since I can't read Japanese, but where is it posted? I doubt the seiyuus themselves would post "I am making a move to 18+ productions for now given the recent dearth of voice roles I can find" on their blogs or the like.
A conclusion that you can probably make if you compare some seiyuu's roles in anime and the time and acitivity when they start taking roles in eroge.
If you are actively following eroge and seiyuu's you can also see that some seiyuu's were taking less eroge roles if they are married or are made an announcement when they were going to (obvious example being that "Mitsu Anzu " barely had any eroge roles after Imouto no Katachi and Naka no Hito nado Inai! after a certain seiyuu announced that she was going to get married last year)
Eventhough there are some exceptions because Hitomi and Ichijou Kazuya are married with eachother and they occasionally appear in eroges and sometimes even in the same game. Even Asakawa Yuu and Morikubo Shoutarou appeared in the same eroge once, when they were still married.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
And age doesn't mean too much if you can still make appropriate voices for roles. Miki Itou and Keiko Han are two legendary older female seiyuus, for instance. As another example, it's sometimes joked that Tohru Furuya (the legendary voice behind Amuro Ray in the First Gundam series) still sounds the same as he did in 1979.
Age is a factor , because older veteran seiyuu's are more expensive and the industry is constantly looking for "new faces" for female seiyuu's. The majority of seiyuu's that you commonly see/hear in animes these days are under 30.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:00   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
When I read jousting I thought of something of a different sort...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:09   Link #24
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
When I read jousting I thought of something of a different sort...
Don't expect songs by Queen in it too =p
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:05   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Confirmation of cast, staff, etc.

Animation by 8bit, direction by Yuusuke Yamamoto, and the game cast is staying on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:55   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
Ha. Now this sounds interesting. I'm somehow afraid if this cause 8bit already has IS2 planned for Fall.
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2013-06-20 at 14:06.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:24   Link #27
MisaoFan
Treasure-Seeking Explorer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Confirmation of cast, staff, etc.

Animation by 8bit, direction by Yuusuke Yamamoto, and the game cast is staying on.
Sounds great. The anime visuals I have seen are closer to the VN visuals as well the fact that the cast stays the same, so of course I'll add to my watchlist. The feeling I am getting in is pratically "KoiChoco with jousting"!
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 15:53   Link #28
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If you are actively following eroge and seiyuu's you can also see that some seiyuu's were taking less eroge roles if they are married or are made an announcement when they were going to (obvious example being that "Mitsu Anzu " barely had any eroge roles after Imouto no Katachi and Naka no Hito nado Inai! after a certain seiyuu announced that she was going to get married last year).
I see, so you're referring to Mai Kadowaki. I would think that her "loli-type" voice would still be in very high demand for 18+ productions, but she's not the only one who can make that voice (others like Mai Gotou, Hiroko Taguchi, or Asami Imai can do so)--she's just one of those who have made it in a mainstream career, like Misato Fukuen (who also has 18+ productions in her CV).

On the other hand, Shizuka Itou got married last year and she's still using her "bedroom voice" for shows like Highschool DxD. It's not an 18+ show, but it does make me wonder if she has actually curtailed her eroge participation after her marriage or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Age is a factor , because older veteran seiyuu's are more expensive and the industry is constantly looking for "new faces" for female seiyuu's. The majority of seiyuu's that you commonly see/hear in animes these days are under 30.
Sites like Sankaku Complex have reported on veteran seiyuu like Kotono Mitsuishi saying that the anime industry, being hit by the Japanese "never-ending lost decade" as badly as anyone else, has tried to keep salaries down rather than pay more for experienced seiyuus. I suppose this is part of the reason behind the rise of very young seiyuus like Rina Hidaka, Aoi Yuuki, or Kaori Ishihara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Sounds great. The anime visuals I have seen are closer to the VN visuals as well the fact that the cast stays the same, so of course I'll add to my watchlist. The feeling I am getting in is pratically "KoiChoco with jousting"!
KoiChoco was largely focussed on the election (which sadly detracted from the romance in my view).

I'm also driven to wonder whether or not the armour suits for jousting in the game will be made more realistic this time around. The ones in the game feature no pelvic protection (the girls just wear skirts instead and don't close their helmets while jousting). This is unlike real suits of armour.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 15:54   Link #29
HauntingShock
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Can't say I expected 8-bit for this one.
Same here, they might not have put as much effort they'd do for IS2. Not to mention they have Tokyo Ravens too which still has no premiere date.
HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:12   Link #30
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I am not going to sidetrack from Walkure Romanze, so i am not going to the subject of seiyuu's now


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm also driven to wonder whether or not the armour suits for jousting in the game will be made more realistic this time around. The ones in the game feature no pelvic protection (the girls just wear skirts instead and don't close their helmets while jousting). This is unlike real suits of armour.
Well, those things make it visually more appealing despite not making sense
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:15   Link #31
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Good to see some experienced VAs, to not use the word old^^;;, coming back for this. I really am looking forward to this one.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:16   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Remember what relentlessflame said (spoilered) at the start of the thread. It's not about realism, it's about showmanship. And when one is being showy, things like that have more of an impact. They're all aiming for that sort of impact.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:42   Link #33
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Hopefully it won't have that really annoying censorship princess lover had... Strange enough Miyama was hired to do the artbook. I wonder if they'll do the same thing as princess lover. Make a anime series. Make a half completed ova series. They're already making novels.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 18:10   Link #34
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Lol. Looks like I will be replaying the game before the anime comes out.

Suellia sure is hawt. I hope they dont go to the Mio's route and do Celia's route instead.
__________________

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-06-22 at 07:19.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 18:41   Link #35
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol. Looks like I will be replaying the game before the anime comes out.

Suellia sure is hawt. I hope they dont go to the Mio's route and do Suellia's route instead.
Main girl should get they're route!
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 00:23   Link #36
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
I do hope this will be a good adaption unlike Princess Lover which fell apart at the the second half of the show. It will be best if it took the same route as Amagami where each girl has her story and ends up with MC. But I doubt it would fit in a 1-cour series.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 00:59   Link #37
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
That will never happen. Only the amagami-like franchise could pull that off. Each route is way too long to start with. And they have to cut a bunch of stuff out in the process.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 01:10   Link #38
Kirihara_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Noel-chan for the win ...for her lovely imouto
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 02:31   Link #39
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Not sure if watch so who is likely main heroine and what kind of character she is? I wouldn't be able bear with another pink haired airhead or childhood friend yandere panda.

Thx
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 03:00   Link #40
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Outside of some H-doujins i read few months ago, i'm completely blind about this VN. Hoping it won't turn out as mindnumbingly boring and dull as Princess Lover is.
Yeah, PLs ending is hanging the story could be easily be divided in three separate settings.... boring....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, jousting, knights, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.