AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 23.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-22, 13:02   Link #41
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Aw man this episode was really nice...

NEED MOAR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
There. Was. Nothing. Else. In. This. Episode. Besides. Mikoto. Meeting. The. Sister.
Trolololollollolollol
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:17   Link #42
leukrota

Now I really need to read the tankobon version, to see exactly how it was changed from the magazine issue.

I got no idea about where to find it though...
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:42   Link #43
Tranhieu

Though there wasn't any action I found this episode very enjoyable, especially the appearance of Touma was done very well. J.C Staff made a smart move adding bits and pieces from the 1st season and Index, extending the runtime but at the same time not making the flow discontinued like the previous episodes. The ending was also very well executed, with Kuroko showing her dedication towards her job and Mikoto decided to wreck something bigger next time.

My only complaint is the art looks quite lousy, the background is vibrant as always but the girls were drawn poorly.

Will the new ED also be in the next episodes? We're only at episode 11 and it normally takes 13 episode to have a new ED.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:43   Link #44
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

I only have a few pages I managed to scavenge from the Railgun manga thread. I'd like to see the whole thing but I'm out of luck. Can't find it.

The episode was perfect as always. Thankg god, the censorship isn't so strict this season. Index 3 will have a few brutal scenes so keep it up. Have some balls.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:46   Link #45
zaeraal

Watched the episode and I give it about 7/10.

The scene, with Saten joking about that "boy" and Uiharu's imagination, was awesome

The lab with hundreds of clones in capsules really sent shivers down my spine.

The BG when they zoomed out on AC during night was breathtaking.

Other parts with Touma, clone, Mikoto breaking again.. well, I am not a fan of remakes, no matter how better the background is.

As for the new ending, I liked the previous more.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:52   Link #46
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The scene, with Saten joking about that "boy" and Uiharu's imagination, was awesome
That scene didn't sit well with me at all... what happened to Kuroko's "Onee-sama must be shouldering a great burden"? She saw how exhausted Misaka was when she got to the dorms and how uneasily she slept. So this sudden "It must be a man!" conclusion, as well as the overreacting that followed just didn't feel right.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:34   Link #47
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's called an irrational fear and Kazari and Ruiko's commentary did make sense with Mikoto's behavior. As it's irrational, Kuroko's reaction doesn't HAVE to make sense.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:39   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
That scene didn't sit well with me at all... what happened to Kuroko's "Onee-sama must be shouldering a great burden"? She saw how exhausted Misaka was when she got to the dorms and how uneasily she slept. So this sudden "It must be a man!" conclusion, as well as the overreacting that followed just didn't feel right.
If I remember right it wasn't covered in Railgun season 1 one but Kuroko did notice Mikoto was very happy after spending the late hours of the night outside curfew.

This was before this particular week.

Back then Touma did not meet Index yet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 17:18   Link #49
Goldzero

great episode i mean in all honesty touma appearance was a 10/10 score for me alongside with accelerator and that new ED song. touma animation improved dramatically but i noticed the next episode it gets even better.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:09   Link #50
dniv
Having a Ruff day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
There. Was. Nothing. Else. In. This. Episode. Besides. Mikoto. Meeting. The. Sister.
Lol. So you don't like Touma... huh?

Well... too bad for you, especially since he's in the next episode pv.

The flashback was good. We got to see Accelerator's old apartment. Uiharu's discussion with Kuroko, Saten was good.

Kuroko meeting Touma was good.......................................... but I wish he would break Kuroko's illusions and give Mikoto a break

^^
Spoiler for MMR Railgun 2:

The most important part of this episode for me was definitely Mikoto realizing that her true foe is AC. First season she was fighting someone trying to destroy AC. This time... she's fighting AC itself. (That's a heck of a lot deeper if you ask me).

@Goldzero: I kind of agree. I really just hope he looks better in the next episode... I didn't really like his look here. It was better animated... but not true to the original source material... So... I hope next episode does him better. Even in the opening, his new look really is weird... I preferred the badly animated version of him... lolololololol... If he appears more, his new look will grow on me I guess...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 19:07   Link #51
Haigon

10/10 for Touma and Uiharu's imagination.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:11   Link #52
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol. So you don't like Touma... huh?

Well... too bad for you, especially since he's in the next episode pv.

The flashback was good. We got to see Accelerator's old apartment. Uiharu's discussion with Kuroko, Saten was good.

Kuroko meeting Touma was good.......................................... but I wish he would break Kuroko's illusions and give Mikoto a break

^^
Spoiler for MMR Railgun 2:

The most important part of this episode for me was definitely Mikoto realizing that her true foe is AC. First season she was fighting someone trying to destroy AC. This time... she's fighting AC itself. (That's a heck of a lot deeper if you ask me).

@Goldzero: I kind of agree. I really just hope he looks better in the next episode... I didn't really like his look here. It was better animated... but not true to the original source material... So... I hope next episode does him better. Even in the opening, his new look really is weird... I preferred the badly animated version of him... lolololololol... If he appears more, his new look will grow on me I guess...
in all honesty i thought in the op he looked quite handsome from a guy perspective and he animation here looks well decent much better then his usual plain/average self.

now on to my next complain is it me or is touma having idk ........lack of hate lately with some fans? because it seems everywhere i go people are rooting that hes finally here and i barley seen any complain about hes appearance i mean back then allot of people disapproves of his appearence but now it seems like many people are exited that hes here and of course with some of them fangasim over him.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:23   Link #53
Hamster

So ...did that sister die thinking her onee-san hates her?

That's just...tragic.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:31   Link #54
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
So ...did that sister die thinking her onee-san hates her?

That's just...tragic.
Not just that one, but all of them (except for those already died), they all share the same memory, seeing that the one in this episode remembered about the incident happened to 10032 without even experiencing it first hand.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 21:07   Link #55
sheeplet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
She saw how exhausted Misaka was when she got to the dorms and how uneasily she slept. So this sudden "It must be a man!" conclusion, as well as the overreacting that followed just didn't feel right.
Episode 7 might have overextended Kuroko's perspective on Mikoto's secret battles.
sheeplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 21:09   Link #56
HandofFate

what was accelerator chewing on in the alleyway?
Old 2013-06-22, 22:14   Link #57
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Not just that one, but all of them (except for those already died), they all share the same memory, seeing that the one in this episode remembered about the incident happened to 10032 without even experiencing it first hand.
Actually Mikoto was talking with Misaka 10021 (probably, this one isn't clear, some people think it's 10031, but the comment about 10020 just being killed that morning suggests 10021). The incident with the cat you are thinking about happened with Misaka 9982, whose death was the instigation of Mikoto's attempt to shut down the project.

Misaka 10032 was then the clone that helped Touma carry the soda cans home.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 22:23   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what was accelerator chewing on in the alleyway?
A piece of the clone. I'm certain you don't want to know which piece...

Body explosions can get messy.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 00:39   Link #59
sbmsn

I am glad Mikoto feel the same way of Kuroko as Kuroko feel for her
Kuroko is the only one she allow to call her Onee-sama and the only one she would not mind getting caught by
sbmsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:27   Link #60
Marcus H.
Secretary By My Side ♥

I want Accelerator's criss-cross shirt. It looks damn sexy.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 33. Completed: 246. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote