AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-23, 20:01   Link #101
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Oops, I forgot to mention the Marie thing. Yeah third time around isn't looking too good right now.
Seriously, Haruto has some of the worst timing I've ever seen. He's waited for all these events to pile up & now decides to confess. That's gonna be quite a mess.

Quote:
If you're talking up to the final episode of this season then yeah. That's about what I'm expecting for Haruto/Shoko.
That's exactly what I meant. I see that conclusion for HaruShoko. That way they can stay friends & still be true to their feelings.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:04   Link #102
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Prediction: Haruto will try to confess and explain Shoko everything. Some event (Shadow Ship arrival or Kamitsuki related) interrupts him.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:07   Link #103
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Prediction: Haruto will try to confess and explain Shoko everything. Some event (Shadow Ship arrival or Kamitsuki related) interrupts him.
Very cliche, but highly plausible. This sounds like something Valvrave would pull.
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:08   Link #104
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Look at it this way. If Haruto spills everything Shoko will likely do the same. Now depending on how the father bomb comes out, the relationship can come out stronger for it. However, if it comes out the way I speculated, with Haruto telling her these things and her not wanting to believe it, then I could see Shoko just blurting it out to hurt him in turn (regretting it later). Mind you, I'm speculating under the assumption that this is the last season.
Haruto is too naive to consider Shoko's dad gave permission for the project though. With that in mind, it shouldn't get personal enough for her to just blurt his death out. This is on the assumption it is a confession.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:09   Link #105
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Look at it this way. If Haruto spills everything Shoko will likely do the same. Now depending on how the father bomb comes out, the relationship can come out stronger for it. However, if it comes out the way I speculated, with Haruto telling her these things and her not wanting to believe it, then I could see Shoko just blurting it out to hurt him in turn (regretting it later). Mind you, I'm speculating under the assumption that this is the last season.
If it anyone else I can have some faith but being that it Haruto, it very hard to say otherwise. I honesty hope that the death of her father is to developed her not to flip-flopped Haruto when he about to confessed the(yes, the third friggin time!). First-> "I'm a monster", second-> "I have sex with another girl" and third? Please no third and just ended this SakiHaruShok drama. While I wanted the confession to go smoothly, but knowing that when ever Haruto want to confessed something will go very wrong. So as long as the "killing Shoko's father" part isn't brought up, I expected nothing to go wrong.
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!!
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:09   Link #106
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Prediction: Haruto will try to confess and explain Shoko everything. Some event (Shadow Ship arrival or Kamitsuki related) interrupts him.
Well if the rule of three is in effect then the confession being interrupted a third time would likely be the end of Haruto/Shoko, one way or another (and by extension the triangle).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:11   Link #107
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
If it anyone else I can have some faith but being that it Haruto, it very hard to say otherwise. I honesty hope that the death of her father is to developed her not to flip-flopped Haruto when he about to confessed the(yes, the third friggin time!). First-> "I'm a monster", second-> "I have sex with another girl" and third? Please no third and just ended this SakiHaruShok drama. While I wanted the confession to go smoothly, but knowing that when ever Haruto want to confessed something will go very wrong. So as long as the "killing Shoko's father" part isn't brought up, I expected nothing to go wrong.
On the assumption it's a confession
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:12   Link #108
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Very cliche, but highly plausible. This sounds like something Valvrave would pull.
Alternative for a twist: Haruto confesses but he can't get Shoko's answer because something interrupts her or are separated and she's too shocked to speak up quickly.

Or L-Elf appears after pulling himself together, ignores the distraction and tells Shoko Haruto loves her now they must be off doing some Liberating. Credits roll.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:20   Link #109
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Haruto is too naive to consider Shoko's dad gave permission for the project though. With that in mind, it shouldn't get personal enough for her to just blurt his death out. This is on the assumption it is a confession.
I think you need to give Haruto a bit more credit than that . Even if he doesn't, I would think Shoko would be able to figure out the implications on her own. I'd be very surprised if we don't see further ramifications to the students being experimented on.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:20   Link #110
_Misfit
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The USofA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Alternative for a twist: Haruto confesses but he can't get Shoko's answer because something interrupts her or are separated and she's too shocked to speak up quickly.

Or L-Elf appears after pulling himself together, ignores the distraction and tells Shoko Haruto loves her now they must be off doing some Liberating. Credits roll.
I'd take the latter at this point.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:24   Link #111
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Or L-Elf appears after pulling himself together, ignores the distraction and tells Shoko Haruto loves her now they must be off doing some Liberating. Credits roll.
If it L-elf, then it definitely highly possible .
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!!
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 20:28   Link #112
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
Romance in Valvrave?
Hell if any indication of a romance was presented, they'll give either one or both of the pair
their just deserve crap for having one...
if there's a no good deed goes unpunished
they're going for no romance flag goes unpunished...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 06:07   Link #113
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Seriously, I'm with Key Board in that if you can buy L-Elf/Lise anything else should be easy to swallow. I'd still rather they just build up his friendships instead and save who he moves on with for an epilogue or something.
I'm sorry, but I disagree with that notion for a number of reasons. First off, that's based on the (mistaken) assumption that "falling in love" works the same way each time for a person, works as a pattern and is unaffected by the past. So if a person falls in love inexplicably and beyond reason once, they would do it again and again.
That may be true for vapid teenage girls with a new relationship every month and not a single worry in their life, but I doubt it's true for people who considered themselves seriously in love for almost 10 years.
Secondly, this assumes that the start of the involvement matters more than what happens over the course of it, or how it ends. Yeah, some people fall in love in weird circumstances. Does that automatically make whatever comes after fickle, no matter how serious it is?
Third, it ignores the past. Someone who's estranged from their lover because they do not get along anymore does not contend with the same emotions as someone who had them taken by force, as they had no choice in the matter and is thus less likely to get over it quickly. That logic would only work if upon death of your lover, your memory gets wiped and you start over, and fall for the next best person who saves you. Humans do not work that way.

It's like saying you would've bought it if.. hmm.. if Usagi had moved on to the dude who works at the arcade after Mamoru "died"...

That's not to say he may not move on after some time or by the time the epilogue comes around, but anything within the couple of episodes we have left would still look just as unrealistic as before the reveal that yes, L-Elf once fell for someone at first sight. If anything, it's less likely to happen again than before.

I'd rather they focus on the plot and friendships rather than forcing another romance subplot down our throats for the heck of it.
__________________
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 06:50   Link #114
~BC~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree with that notion for a number of reasons. First off, that's based on the (mistaken) assumption that "falling in love" works the same way each time for a person, works as a pattern and is unaffected by the past.
No, that's based on how this love essentially springs from nothing but a simple act and an obsession/fixation. So basically any relationship that does more than this should be easy to swallow unless you find the idea of people actually getting to know each other incredibly taboo.

Quote:
Secondly, this assumes that the start of the involvement matters more than what happens over the course of it, or how it ends. Yeah, some people fall in love in weird circumstances. Does that automatically make whatever comes after fickle, no matter how serious it is?
I'm not even sure why you even think I was assuming this. However, seeing as the extent of this relationship was less than an hour we never got to see a proper beginning let alone the "course of it". It's not about fickleness so much as a lack of substance and what I believe to be nothing more than a coping mechanism taken to extremes.

Quote:
Third, it ignores the past. Someone who's estranged from their lover because they do not get along anymore does not contend with the same emotions as someone who had them taken by force, as they had no choice in the matter and is thus less likely to get over it quickly.
I admit I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. There's not much past to ignore in the first place.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:30   Link #115
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
^ Not really. If you were talking about a reset or a parallel version of L-Elf who happens to fall for someone else instead, I would agree that it could be plausible. But we are talking about him suddenly falling for someone else after what only just happened, which would neither be believable nor easy to swallow- why would you think that? Just because he fell for someone really quickly? I understand you do not find substance in their story, but really, I wouldn't call a lot of "love stories", real and fictional lacking in substance and being more of an infatuation/obsession, but that doesn't mean it would be feasible for these people to just get up and move on to the next person.

And well, I'd argue that there is a lot more past to ignore than he has with any of the Jior kids at this point. This, call it coping mechanism if you like, went on for around 10 years and ended with the death of the "coping mechanism", i.e love interest. L-Elf clearly sees her as the latter, and moving on from the death of a love interest (particular if it's not natural) is different than, say, being rejected, falling out of love etc.
You can question the substance or psychological motivation behind him falling for her all you want, what it doesn't change is that it happened, and it ended tragically, thus it is going to have an effect on whatever comes after.
Even if she hadn't died and it hadn't worked out, a person would normally not go ahead and fall for the next best person within a couple of weeks.

So while it's well possible he could get to know Shoko and come to like her in the future, I don't see it happening before the epilogue, unless there's another timeskip planned.
And personally, I'd rather not see her turned into the next Emily/Saki type of role.
__________________
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 11:50   Link #116
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
I have to say that as short as it was, I found Lise and L-elf's love story one of the best that Sunrise has ever done. (Which is kind of sad when you think about it....)

The amount of commitment both had to each other I though was amazing, and where most guys take forever to just confess (Haruto's case in point) L-elf despite his misgivings, was so firm in his feelings and mature in mentality that he confessed anyway, even though he probably didn't view a future for them together either. He knew when he went out to that bridge that he had a high probability of not coming out of this alive and yet he didn't hesitate, his mind was totally on the one he loved and making sure that she was okay. L-elf has never held his own life with much value other than when applied to a goal or as leader in the part of plan. He was willing to give it all to save Lise, and she found that she had the same feeling towards him as well.

Seeing that L-elf usually doesn't hold individual human life as a top priority in most cases, at least not in view of the overall plan, and how much loss he has probably had to deal with in his relatively short lifetime, the fact that he was able to love someone and place that one individual's life (despite any overall greater good or plan execution) as more important than anything else, is amazing, and I don't think that a relationship like that can be easily repeated. It wasn't that Lise had saved him, but she had saved him when he was vulnerable and when he was meant to die. She had all the power to condemn him, and yet didn't. He made a connection with her, that he hasn't made with anyone else, even Haruto.

It's possible perhaps that years down the line he may decide to let someone else in, but I doubt he will ever think of anyone with the same feelings and devotion he gave Lise. And I highly doubt he will fall in love again in the span of 5 episodes. That would just be incredibly sloppy on the side of the writers. Friends...perhaps... It depends on how he responds after processing Lise's death. Will he become softer for it, or will he become hard as ice and more ruthless than before?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:22   Link #117
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ghosts HQ
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
^ Not really. If you were talking about a reset or a parallel version of L-Elf who happens to fall for someone else instead, I would agree that it could be plausible. But we are talking about him suddenly falling for someone else after what only just happened, which would neither be believable nor easy to swallow- why would you think that? Just because he fell for someone really quickly? I understand you do not find substance in their story, but really, I wouldn't call a lot of "love stories", real and fictional lacking in substance and being more of an infatuation/obsession, but that doesn't mean it would be feasible for these people to just get up and move on to the next person.
One thing, I believe no one said that he'll fall for anyone instantly (substituted for suddenly). That'll make him look too shallow, it'd give the impression that love for him is a passing feeling.

I think most of us here meant that he'd eventually fall in love again, but it'll take something with significant impact to do it. That's why I made that little post there in the L-Elf discussion about someone saving his life. (I meant it as a joke there, but looking at it now, any girl can simply pull him out of the darkness he's been thrown into & that'll be the trigger that makes him eventually move on.)

Currently, Shoko is the best bet, but I'm not doubting the possibility that another female character could be introduced specifically for him. (VVV does have a lot of time skips)

Quote:
And well, I'd argue that there is a lot more past to ignore than he has with any of the Jior kids at this point. This, call it coping mechanism if you like, went on for around 10 years and ended with the death of the "coping mechanism", i.e love interest. L-Elf clearly sees her as the latter, and moving on from the death of a love interest (particular if it's not natural) is different than, say, being rejected, falling out of love etc.
The reason why I suspect that he moved on is because of that kid in the future. He's got Elf in him, that makes one think that L-Elf reproduced.

Then again, we could be trolled in that he's a test tube baby that was cloned from L-Elf's DNA or the ekid is Haruto descendent but because of L-Elf's runes, Haruto's genetic code was altered etc...

Quote:
So while it's well possible he could get to know Shoko and come to like her in the future, I don't see it happening before the epilogue, unless there's another timeskip planned.
And personally, I'd rather not see her turned into the next Emily/Saki type of role.
I agree. I don't want to see him fall for her in just 5 episodes. That'll be very bad writing.

Develop it over another season or hint at it & give the conclusion after a time skip. (The time skip is the best option if Sunrise wants to save time. Have them become friends now...[insert time skip here]...20 years later, they're married, etc...)
__________________
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 13:18   Link #118
_Misfit
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The USofA
The idea that anybody would have a problem with the briefness of Lise and Michael's romance is a little weird to me. First of all, this is a work of fiction. Real life logic doesn't really apply here. Also, let's not forget that the greatest love story ever told, Romeo and Juliet, had both characters fall in love at first sight. Yeah, those two did end up spending more time in each other's company, but Lise and L-elf did a lot in the hour that they had. She saved his life and he tried to help her escape. Hell, put in a similar situation, I might have fallen in love too.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:31   Link #119
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
The only person who has impact in this show to L-Elf isn't Lieselotte (Cain who he hates or his former team mates who he's estranged) is Haruto. He even mentally compared the two of them (Lieselotte and Haruto in episode 8) and the show took the lengths to make them foils in last episode. I think I did say previously that the girls can't be obstacles to the main relationship: Haruto and L-Elf. Whether you kill them off, put them in a bus, make them grow distant, they can exist as motivators, but never as distractions to the relationship the scriptwriter prefers to write.

Hell, Haruto's best friend, Kyoma seems shafted in Haruto's life.

It's Haruto's relationship with L-Elf what both Lieselotte and Cain comment upon and, to those who love to overalyze ED and OP, where they feature (L-Elf's key moments: fighting Cain, conformed by the memory of Lieselotte, haunted/missed by his past with his team mates, and his alliance with Haruto). So if he gets better in the future, it's thanks to Haruto. Haruto, who conveniently, got to listen to Lieselotte's wishes and backstory to inform L-Elf. I'm not saying he's going to marry Haruto, I'm saying that the next focus will be more about how he helps L-Elf to recover himself and get a new wish.

Next week will be interesting to see how will they delay the love triangle resolution with Haruto, Shoko and Saki.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2013-11-24 at 15:41.
Thess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:46   Link #120
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The only person who has impact in this show to L-Elf isn't Lieselotte (Cain who he hates or his former team mates who he's estranged) is Haruto. He even mentally compared the two of them (Lieselotte and Haruto in episode 8) and the show took the lengths to make them foils in last episode. I think I did say previously that the girls can't be obstacles to the main relationship: Haruto and L-Elf. Whether you kill them off, put them in a bus, make them grow distant, they can exist as motivators, but never as distractions to the relationship the scriptwriter prefers to write.

Hell, Haruto's best friend, Kyoma seems shafted in Haruto's life.

It's Haruto's relationship with L-Elf what both Lieselotte and Cain comment upon and, to those who love to overalyze ED and OP, where they feature (L-Elf's key moments: fighting Cain, conformed by the memory of Lieselotte, haunted/missed by his past with his team mates, and his alliance with Haruto). So if he gets better in the future, it's thanks to Haruto. Haruto, who conveniently, got to listen to Lieselotte's wishes and backstory to inform L-Elf. I'm not saying he's going to marry Haruto, I'm saying that the next focus will be more about how he helps L-Elf to recover himself and get a new wish.
Lovely~

But a problem I see if it Haruto then what of Shoko? She can't being doing nothing for over a half season already. Since next episode we are seeing her, I at least expected some sort of interaction between Shoko and L-elf. After all, the closely girl after Lise is her(even though the gap between Shoko and Lise is large).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Next week will be interesting to see how will they delay the love triangle resolution with Haruto, Shoko and Saki.
The 3rd strike and you are out~ Conclusion will be Haruto end up with none.
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!!
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.