AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-28, 00:22   Link #261
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
That's about 200 years too early to deal with atm. Plus Carmilla needs to get her power-up first.
Than fight the 1st/2nd Galactic Empire? If there 3rd than there must be first and second!

Edit: first season I give it over 9000/10 only because of my Saki.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:23   Link #262
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
How would you guy rate the first season? To me it's 9/10. Really enjoyable. Hyping for the second season!
8/10. This wait will be the death of me.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:28   Link #263
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
How would you guy rate the first season? To me it's 9/10. Really enjoyable. Hyping for the second season!
10/10 and it's in my top 2 anime of the season. Saki is pretty much my main reason for watching this along with L-elf and the awesomeness that is Drossia, and the Valverave pilots. It will take me a while to get used to the whole Magius concept that was introduced I guess. :/
Old 2013-06-28, 00:34   Link #264
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
3rd Galactic Empire, as it shown in the epsiode 7 future scene
I have a feeling that the 3rd Galactic Empire IS the Magius clan. Remember that the scene of Saki fighting was set after the one where she lives in the Empire. It's possible that something happened in between those years and turned Saki against the Empire.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:35   Link #265
Fjoergyn

10/10 L-Elf and Saki are incredible and also something innovative with the concept wick vampire
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:35   Link #266
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

8/10

Started strong, some bumps in the middle but it had a strong ending.

Good performances too. Ryota Ohsaka, Ryohei Kimura, Asami Seto and Haruka Tomatsu were great. Aoi Yuki and Daisuke Ono were on it during the finale.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:36   Link #267
VTHokiePride

I agree that the 3rd Galactic Empire is the Magius clan. I always knew something was wrong with Cain and suspected he wasn't human after seeing the sign of the Valvraves on his neck. Waiting for the second season is going to be awful.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:38   Link #268
kaigan
Segmentation fault

could it be possible that shoko's father was also a magus since the other world leaders are? and isn't he responsible in the valvrave project in jior? and was the 3 captured valvraves ever freed? i think they're still in dorssia's custody and that could explain why saki(?) in the preview said 'save me'.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:38   Link #269
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u Lucina/dancer girl

But that cow mecha doesn't have the Valvrave's symbol?
Old 2013-06-28, 00:44   Link #270
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Any ideas on how they're gonna get out of this mess? VVV-tan probably doesn't want to fight her brother, so I wouldn't be surprised if she prevents Haruto/Akira from attacking.
I think his resistance to VVV-tan who probably doesn't want to fight her brother, who she seems ecstatic to see, will be what causes him to begin to die. At least as to what was indicated in the preview.

Also, the module is still toast. They not only have a giant hole in it, and underground halls filled with gas, but a majority of background students are dead, there is tons of structural damage, and Takumi-sensei as well as Yusuke and friends have been captured. Also, we can guess that since Cain now has a new Valvrave that actually powered by it's own OS-tan, they're in some serious trouble.

Quote:
Than fight the 1st/2nd Galactic Empire? If there 3rd than there must be first and second!

Edit: first season I give it over 9000/10 only because of my Saki.
Well, since this show started on the first year of the 3rd Galactic Reich, the first and second ones are already in the past. So yeah, the 3rd one looks to be the most enduring and the ones that Haruto and Co. will be rebelling against.

Quote:
But that cow mecha doesn't have the Valvrave's symbol?
Perhaps it was another branch of the military? Perhaps the military, coming largely from Dorssia, still retains Dorssia symbols to show it's origin? I am so excited for all the questions we're getting with this new season!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 00:48   Link #271
Fjoergyn

Maybe they are all but suddenly ignore it, could be the answer to the predictive power of L-elf
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:48   Link #272
Entravity

HOLY CRAP THIS ANIME. AOTYAYEY.

Can't believe I had to be late for this.
Old 2013-06-28, 00:51   Link #273
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entravity View Post
HOLY CRAP THIS ANIME. AOTYAYEY.

Can't believe I had to be late for this.
Welcome to the party! Better late than never!

I will be awaiting an excellent blog review, as always.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 01:30   Link #274
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

AWESOME. No other anime managed to make me feel this way since Code Geass. Well played, Okuchi and Sunrise!
Old 2013-06-28, 02:05   Link #275
Irenesharda

You know, another thing I got from that flash forward scene, was that Saki and the boy don't live on Earth or even near it. Yet. she says that even the word "module" has become forgotten. So where exactly does she live?

Another planet? Another system? We see her flying close to Saturn in the last flash forward, so they are pretty spread out in the future. Anyone have any ideas?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 02:13   Link #276
mistress_kisara

Wow that was awesome!!! Yay for Akira as the last pilot!! Overall this is 8/10 for me!! ^_^
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:16   Link #277
Traece
:cool:

So I guess Sunrise threw the majority of my predictions to the wind in favor of doing a whole bunch of crazy stuff. OK, well at least it keeps things interesting.

This was a pretty interesting episode and admittedly I'm looking forward to the second season of Valvrave. Based on the preview for the season it looks like they're finally going to escalate into the Valvrave and deal with the greater enemy. About damn time too.

I'm not surprised that Akira got 05, since they were building her up for it, but the way she got it was a bit... If you drew the blueprints for that module up it would look something like a giant plot device where things are placed wherever they feel like it. That's more or less my issue with this episode. The way she was given the unit just felt very lame by comparison to everyone else. Though admittedly the first step on the instruction guide for her weapon was quite good.

Honestly though, I spent most of the episode being confused by L-Elf. It took them a while to make it clear that he didn't actually see this coming, and even then he didn't care. Generally when a character is outsmarted they react to it. Even Lelouch would get angry when his plans were ruined or someone outsmarted him, and he's on par with Lelouch in the poker face category.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:23   Link #278
zero7090

looking at that boy hair which is silver/gray instead of brown................

fuck this shit, i am out
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:28   Link #279
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
looking at that boy hair which is silver/gray instead of brown................

fuck this shit, i am out

Ah, but what if it's Haruto in elf's body?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:28   Link #280
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece
Honestly though, I spent most of the episode being confused by L-Elf. It took them a while to make it clear that he didn't actually see this coming, and even then he didn't care. Generally when a character is outsmarted they react to it. Even Lelouch would get angry when his plans were ruined or someone outsmarted him, and he's on par with Lelouch in the poker face category.
That's because he was taught to remain "calm like a machine". I thought he dropped his poker face once he met up with Haruto. He wasn't panicked but the stern expression and the Trojan Horse plan he wanted to attempt meant he was treating Cain's attack like serious business. However, he was still confident they could pull off a win until Cain hands him his ass and keeps defying his expectations.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote