AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 56 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 27.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 14.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-01, 08:16   Link #441
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's random to the point of being utterly fun to watch. That's how it works. And it isn't horrendous. I consider it the best this season.
Agreed.

It was a great season finale. Can't wait for season 2.

Most Memorable Momenta: The drill. and Cain's glowing.
Old 2013-07-01, 08:18   Link #442
Fjoergyn

The series with all its errors of development is great and I consider the best of the season
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 08:36   Link #443
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Agreed.

It was a great season finale. Can't wait for season 2.

Most Memorable Momenta: The drill. and Cain's glowing.
Floating Haruto after he is repeatedly shot through almost every 3 episodes or so
Old 2013-07-01, 10:26   Link #444
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Floating Haruto after he is repeatedly shot through almost every 3 episodes or so
And used as a human shield.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:55   Link #445
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And used as a human shield.
If Haruto does in fact die his tombstone should say "The best human meat shield ever!".
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:05   Link #446
Diveman

isnt he immortal or something?

also Best anime of the season, free.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:21   Link #447
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
isnt he immortal or something?
Yes, he is a immortal Vampire with a sudden lust for sex and a urge to bite.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-07-01 at 16:03.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 07:07   Link #448
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

I was right! This ENTIRE anime was just a Creation myth!

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 16:08   Link #449
askara

well judging by hair color i say thats Saki and L-elf's kid? hmmm but its 2 hundred year different maybe reborn MC? i mean he is pretty much already dead or turn into god or something.and i think most probably Shouko X MC and L-elf X saki?

but yea this show is completely random with no logic anything can happen, they can keep hinting everyone died excep saki but they can also trolling and misleading us where in fact nearly all pilot survive
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:49   Link #450
Piesum

Alright so I finally got a chance to watch the episode. I liked the finale. Didn't have a ridiculous cliff-hanger..but still had a cliff-hangar type of ending. Lots of things to consider and discuss.

But man, L-Elf was cold towards Shoko. I hope he said that line about Shoko's dad in the hopes that she would rise up, and not out of disappointment. I also hope he grows as a character and shows more empathy towards others...but who knows, maybe he never will.

Right now though, I'd just like to know, what's a magius? I tried searching and couldn't find anything?
Piesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 20:59   Link #451
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Man, did $hit get real or did $hit get real? When eyepatchy started glow fighting in the broken mecha I was at jawbreak level 3...

I gotta believe several business men at Sunrise were committing seppuku via 40 story window fall on this not being a Gundam series, because it be the best in years if it was....

Very disappointed no ep this week, yet very satisfied in what is by far my fav anime this season...
Old 2013-07-02, 21:10   Link #452
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piesum View Post
Alright so I finally got a chance to watch the episode. I liked the finale. Didn't have a ridiculous cliff-hanger..but still had a cliff-hangar type of ending. Lots of things to consider and discuss.

But man, L-Elf was cold towards Shoko. I hope he said that line about Shoko's dad in the hopes that she would rise up, and not out of disappointment. I also hope he grows as a character and shows more empathy towards others...but who knows, maybe he never will.

Right now though, I'd just like to know, what's a magius? I tried searching and couldn't find anything?
Yes, it's fun to watch. They have the solid character development and struggles. Then, some random stuff comes into the stage out of no where.

The definition of Magius for the show is easy to search. So, it's hard to understand your question. In short, Magius is the qualified Valvrave pilot who goes through the body change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Man, did $hit get real or did $hit get real? When eyepatchy started glow fighting in the broken mecha I was at jawbreak level 3...

I gotta believe several business men at Sunrise were committing seppuku via 40 story window fall on this not being a Gundam series, because it be the best in years if it was....

Very disappointed no ep this week, yet very satisfied in what is by far my fav anime this season...
You are joking right? I'm sure they made some kind mistake, but the show still has great potential. In their interview, the staffs' interviews clearly show the show has Gundam elements. So, the light glowing Colonel is not a surprise. The ESP pilots from the original Gundam timeline also have glowing light. Some lights are red and some lights are blue. It sounds ridiculous. When I was the kid, I thought it was awesome. Also, your avatar is a crow. It's reminence of eight foot crow. This mythical crow has three legs. So, you are probably into occult sci-fi parfait(whatever) mix. The show may have the promise. Now, they should change Magius' three claws emblem to something other than the scrapped Mitsubishi logo.

天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-07-13 at 21:54.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:01   Link #453
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Eh?

All I'm saying is that this would have rocked as a Gundam show as it possesses all kinds of cool Gundam elements and would be making even more money as a Gundam show (going on a limb: far more than AGE and OO), yet it's not because no one had the foresight...As crazy as the direction of the show seems it may be heading, I like that this show is basically a single conflict in space that keeps progressing like an old school Gundam OVA or something and the fantasy elements while not new, have been very unpredictable (starting from the bite marks in the very first ep) IMO...
Old 2013-07-02, 22:11   Link #454
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
If it's Gundam, people would dismiss it instanly, saying "Vampire in my Gundam? Not a chance." Furthermore, it's silly, and we all know how well ZZ did.

I like it for what it is, and honestly I'm kinda glad they didn't tack the name Gundam on top of it, otherwise we won't have that much a fun show as what we are having here.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:21   Link #455
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Calling a mecha show "Gundam" comes with both pros and cons.

Pros - It means you're building off of a very successful franchise. Also, there are certain character types and narrative elements that people will be looking for, so that can make writing tasks a bit easier. Brand name value might impact sales somewhat.

Cons - On the flip-side, people are less likely to roll with anything more fantastical/metaphysical than "New Types". Duo Maxwell is right - There would be more opposition to the Space Vampire approach of the show. And while set viewer expectations can make writing easier, it can also make it more constrained. For example, if this was a Gundam show, some would be saying "Where's the mask-wearing guy? This show desperately needs a Char Aznable type!"

I don't know how well Valvrave is selling, but unless its doing less than 5 K per volume, they probably made the right call in not calling it a Gundam.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:30   Link #456
shadow1296

plus in a gundam show they half to follow a certain formula and this show while it takes a little from that formula it doesn't follow it completely, but i will admit this show would benefit from gundam's and code geass's fifty episode format but i've already expressed my concerns on this so i won't get into again

oh and triple r, i believe a post on another thread has posted the volume 1 sales for one and i believe it said it exceeded that amount
Old 2013-07-02, 22:30   Link #457
GundamZZ
残念美人

If you want to this show to Gundam overall, you are probably right. It's no where near Gundam's level, but it has its own uniqueness. The idea of "New Type" is comparable to undead, such as Vampire.

Spoiler for off-topic:

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-07-13 at 22:01.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:49   Link #458
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Look I'm as true Gundam as it gets, Gundam ZZ Moon sisters fiasco notwithstanding, but with the last two series being ultimately about non-humanoid aliens and a failed AGE-gimmick, the elements in this show are far more familiar with old school UC elements, obviously the vamp bite would have been an issue, but if we can overlook Newtype Dolphins, Shining fingers, hell Corin Nader (!)--we can bypass something like this when the rest of it has been so very entertaining and unpredictable...
Old 2013-07-02, 23:02   Link #459
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I'm cool with anything in my Gundam, but obviously I am not a core audience they are aiming at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Spoiler for off-topic:
I didn't referring ZZ as a bad example, though. I just say that when they try something silly in a Gundam show, we all know how it's treated among the fanbase. To Valvrave's extend? I doubt that will fly without turning into swiss cheese.
Old 2013-07-02, 23:15   Link #460
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm cool with anything in my Gundam, but obviously I am not a core audience they are aiming at.

I didn't referring ZZ as a bad example, though. I just say that when they try something silly in a Gundam show, we all know how it's treated among the fanbase. To Valvrave's extend? I doubt that will fly without turning into swiss cheese.
The most silly show is G Gundam. Someone believed that the show was the director's tribute to his Master Asia, the creator of Gundam. Its average viewership was 4.1%. Its highest viewership(7.1%) was sixth in all Gundam series.
It's not my cup of tea, but audience seems to buy it. I'm not the core audience, too.

What I wanted to say is Valvrave is its own franchise. It may take some inspiration form certain shows.

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-07-13 at 22:11.