AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 14:17   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, Jinbei didn't specifically mention marines having the authority to revoke a warlord's title, though. In fact, they've already had that authority BEFORE the skip. Remember, it was Tashigi who stripped Crocodile of his title after the Alabasta conflict ended. There was also Momonga threatening to revoke Hancock's title if she refused to comply with the summons to Marineford. So marines can definitely strip a warlord's status as long as they have good enough reason to.
surprise Smoker didn't revoke Dof's Warlord Status.
Old 2013-07-02, 14:21   Link #22
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Dog
Monkey
Tiger
Bull

and we have Dragon

Well I think Oda tried to assign Chinese Zodiacs to every strong/important people in the story
Just wait for Rat (didn't we see one in Arlong Park? LOL) and others to come out
Old 2013-07-02, 14:32   Link #23
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
You're forgetting Pheasant. (Aokiji)

Honestly it's kind of hard to say there's any connection between the animals in used the the Admiral's code names.
Old 2013-07-02, 14:47   Link #24
Rainbowman

Highlights: Another admiral (Green Bull), Law's position being stripped (That's actually a lowlight for this chapter), and a statue of Montblanc Noland. And to comment to the last few posts, a pheasant isn't actually a part of the Chinese zodiac, is it?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:53   Link #25
marvelB

^No, but the chicken/rooster is. And on that note, I'm not sure about counting Dragon since he isn't a marine (though he's the son of one).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:01   Link #26
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Well, Jinbei didn't specifically mention marines having the authority to revoke a warlord's title, though. In fact, they've already had that authority BEFORE the skip. Remember, it was Tashigi who stripped Crocodile of his title after the Alabasta conflict ended. There was also Momonga threatening to revoke Hancock's title if she refused to comply with the summons to Marineford. So marines can definitely strip a warlord's status as long as they have good enough reason to.

And on another note.... preview pics are out! Credit goes to kaze1028 for these:

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like Isshou's ability is gravity-based, all right. Makes me wonder what the Green Bull's power will be, though. The name makes me think of something plant-based (maybe we'll get the tree logia I've long speculated on!?).....
So Blackbeard has a black hole and Isshou has a gravity based... power.

Ah right. It was so long I forgot they had the power.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:03   Link #27
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

btw Fujitora vs Law = Tiger vs Tiger?

Quote:
^No, but the chicken/rooster is. And on that note, I'm not sure about counting Dragon since he isn't a marine (though he's the son of one).....
I think it will be wider and not limited to just marine since our new admirals didn't fit to any category/pattern (that we know of) unlike the previous generation...
Old 2013-07-02, 17:48   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Actually, I think bhl88 may be correct. If the marines always did have the power to strip a shichibukai of their title, what stopped Smoker from stripping Crocodile's and Hancock's titles back at Alabasta and Marineford, respectively? Conspiring against the WG and obstruction of justice are serious offenses. Also, Momonga didn't say, "I'll take away your title if you don't comply with the summon", but rather it was more along the lines of just saying her title would be revoked if she refused to attend the war.

As far as we know, only the WG have direct jurisdiction/rule over the shichibukai. The only way a marine can strip a shichibukai of their title is on behalf of the WG's orders. The shichibukai and marines, pre-skip at least, were two conflicting groups of equal power. Neither had authority over the other. Now, we've seen that the shichibukai have been quite problematic in the past; so perhaps to better keep them in check, the WG granted the marines additional authority to strip the shichibukai of their titles should they get out of line.

-----

This chapter sounds awesome. Sweetness how we found out the other admiral's name (Green Bull is badass ). I didn't expect Fujitora to act so swiftly. He's really not messing around and is assessing the situation how he sees fit with no regard for anyone else. The thing is, if Fujitora and Green Bull we're forced into filling the vacant admiral seats, it makes me really curious as to what rank they were pre-skip. Or were they simply individuals outside of the marines that caught the attention of Akainu/WG due to how extraordinarily powerful they are?

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-07-02 at 18:01.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:39   Link #29
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ on the spot

Pre-Akainu: probably has to process it

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 01:41   Link #30
Khevvellynn K. Macha

One thing is certain Admiral Akainu should be deformed after the fight with Aokiji...
Khevvellynn K. Macha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:21   Link #31
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Omg.......Franky is so AWESOME!!!!
Old 2013-07-03, 04:53   Link #32
Battler-kun

This chapter was awesome, thanks to Ussop.
That's what i want to see.

Damn it, so glorious.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:55   Link #33
danielevo

btw, i was thinking how law and doflamingo manage to still stand in their foothold after fujitora attack. whether they use Haki or what ? And luffy very have some fun in the coliseum too
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:04   Link #34
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Any way it seems really promising but am I the only one who's confused by Fujitora's character? I really thought he was anti scum yet he seems to be leaving Ceasar and Flamingo scot-free...
Exactly my thoughts... He even said it would be okay for Law to have the Straw Hats, who punched a Tenryuubito, as subordinates.

Anyways, awesome chapter... I'm looking forward to Usoland and his 8000 followers
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:48   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

-Luffy on TV :O
-Braided Franky walking (well, rolling) like a toy!
-Samurai make bad wingmen.
-Swordsmen using meteor!? What kind of fruit did he eat...
-Usopp's face

Awesome chapter, looking forward to gnome war tactics with master tactician Usoland.

Quote:
I really thought he was anti scum yet he seems to be leaving Ceasar and Flamingo scot-free...
Justice is blind
Old 2013-07-03, 06:17   Link #36
shalala

How much of Montblanc Noland life is really true. Isshou's df reminds me of a tractor beam. I wonder if he can pull things up. Seeing how it looks like his df has a limited range much like Law's df.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khevvellynn K. Macha View Post
One thing is certain Admiral Akainu should be deformed after the fight with Aokiji...
A few chapters ago we saw him in the meeting and he didn't look deformed.

Last edited by shalala; 2013-07-03 at 06:34.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 07:21   Link #37
Veviticus

If fujitora could pull a meteorite down to earth, his power could potentially destroy the world. I wonder what the limitations are.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 07:23   Link #38
james0246

The Noland statute is adorable and entirely to scale .

Fujitora's powers are confusing and a little silly. Kind off hoping he's just an Earth type fruit user...

Franky won this chapter with his built in transportation system.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 07:25   Link #39
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Why the hell didn't Law just lie to the admiral?

I mean, he's just been suuuper deceived by Doflamingo, and he's a damn pirate, should've just said "Sure, the Straw Hats are my subordinates"...
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 07:53   Link #40
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not a chance.
Hah, I'll see you again in 200 or so chapters. Prepare to lick my almighty sandals of insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Exactly my thoughts... He even said it would be okay for Law to have the Straw Hats, who punched a Tenryuubito, as subordinates.
Hmmm yeah there's that, however the Tenryuubito are scum. It's a bit confusing, it could just be the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Why the hell didn't Law just lie to the admiral?

I mean, he's just been suuuper deceived by Doflamingo, and he's a damn pirate, should've just said "Sure, the Straw Hats are my subordinates"...
Too naive. I really doubt Fujitora would believe him, also it might just be a test. If Law is continuously honest and Flamingo continues to be an ass Fujitora might just switch targets. He did attack them both, so we'll just have to see. His character can still be saved.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote