AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-02, 13:07   Link #1
bananapills
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quickly see topics I posted in

Where can I quickly see my topics I posted in?
I now click on my profilename->statistics->find all my posts.

But then I see every post I posted, I just want to see every topic I posted in.


There got to be a quicker/other way like most forums have right?


Maybe I didn't see something?
bananapills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:27   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Interesting question, I don't think you are able to.

You can check all your posts, all threads started by you, you can check on which topics you've posted by manually going to that forum, and see how many posts were made by a specific user on that topic, but I do not believe there is a List that is displaying all the topics you've posted in.

Any specific reason why you would want that?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:12   Link #3
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Search at top of forums -> search -> advanced search -> enter username -> make sure show results by thread is selected and all forums selected.

And this should show what you're looking for.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 16:39   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Search at top of forums -> search -> advanced search -> enter username -> make sure show results by thread is selected and all forums selected.

And this should show what you're looking for.
It only gives me two options: Find posts by the user and Find threads started by the user.
I've already included both in my previous post.

I do not know how you set that up.
I have set it on show Threads and on All Open Forums. Are you sure you got the wanted result?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:10   Link #5
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
It only gives me two options: Find posts by the user and Find threads started by the user.
I've already included both in my previous post.

I do not know how you set that up.
I have set it on show Threads and on All Open Forums. Are you sure you got the wanted result?
Yes, this will give the result requested by the OP.

In the "Search by User Name" section, there's a drop-down list, and in that box select "Find Posts by User".

Then, in the "Show Results as" section in the bottom left, you select the radio button for "Threads".


This will give you a search of all the threads that you've posted in.


Another trick that you can do, if you want to easily get this going forward, is to go into Options and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "No Email Notification". And then all the threads you post in will automatically show up as subscribed threads in your User CP. This will only apply to threads going forward, though, so you'd have to do the aforementioned search and subscribe to all the old threads you want to keep.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:48   Link #6
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, this will give the result requested by the OP.

In the "Search by User Name" section, there's a drop-down list, and in that box select "Find Posts by User".

Then, in the "Show Results as" section in the bottom left, you select the radio button for "Threads".


This will give you a search of all the threads that you've posted in.
I have a strong feeling that this is exactly what I've done the first time after hearing this question, but didn't check what popped-up very well.

Here comes a sub-question. When doing so, is there a specific order in which the threads display on the list, or can it be set somewhere?

Quote:
Another trick that you can do, if you want to easily get this going forward, is to go into Options and set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "No Email Notification". And then all the threads you post in will automatically show up as subscribed threads in your User CP. This will only apply to threads going forward, though, so you'd have to do the aforementioned search and subscribe to all the old threads you want to keep.
Nice trick indeed, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping the top threads you are participating in on a special list before the others?
Maybe a so-called "Priority Subscription" would add that priority, but I guess that's just what you have to give away to use the subbing as a way of fully displaying.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:08   Link #7
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Here comes a sub-question. When doing so, is there a specific order in which the threads display on the list, or can it be set somewhere?
By default it is sorted by date of last post made in the thread (by anyone).

By changing "Sort Results by" under advanced search options you can sort the results in a variety of ways.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar & Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:13   Link #8
bananapills
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Search at top of forums -> search -> advanced search -> enter username -> make sure show results by thread is selected and all forums selected.

And this should show what you're looking for.
Thanks !
bananapills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:49   Link #9
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Nice trick indeed, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of keeping the top threads you are participating in on a special list before the others?
Maybe a so-called "Priority Subscription" would add that priority, but I guess that's just what you have to give away to use the subbing as a way of fully displaying.
I believe you can have folders for your subscriptions. That should help you single out those threads that are particularly interesting to you.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 14:31   Link #10
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Germany
Age: 33
As an alternative, if you have the option enabled, that will subscribe you to a thread you post in, those threads will show up in your user CP if when there are new posts.

Next to that list, there is a link that will show you all subscribed threads, which is pretty much the same thing you asked for, if you had that option enabled for long enough.
Was mentioned before, but in this case can you make something like a favorites list, to get into threads you not only read often but want to post things in when they are inactive?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.