AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-19, 23:32   Link #241
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Gonna give this one more episode to impress me...

The problem is it isn't visually striking or actiony enough to be worth watching despite the run-of-the-mill content/setup, and it's not funny enough to sustain a whole episode despite the quirkiness, so I'm not sure what to say...

I saw the word Samurai in the title and some pre-air images and unfortunately had different expectations, but with that said, this show still is pretty average...

Two dudes eating curry in a basement every day ain't helping either, so Flamenco you're on the clock...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:34   Link #242
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
what basement?
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:35   Link #243
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^The apartment I guess reminds me more of a basement because of the otaku aspects of the scenes with them eating curry with all the DVDs and action figures on display...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 23:56   Link #244
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Masayoshi is dare I say it, super moe. Can't help but like a fellow that straight laced and earnest. The budding friendship with Goto is a lot of fun too.
He is moe to me also. He's the kind of guy you don't want to leave on his own, because you know he'll get in trouble otherwise.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 00:55   Link #245
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Just a note, the name of Nakamura Chie's character in Gankutsuou was Eugénie. (Claire-Marie is part of her full name but she uses Eugénie.) For a moment I wondered who Claire was and whether I've started to forget details about the series... (And Kosugi Juurouta will always be Fernand to me... and Akio from Utena.)

I find it amusing that Masayoshi's voice is provided by a professional ikemen with his own aspiring idol past - he was even a model in his own photobook, and he can do all the things that Masayoshi apparently can't, ie. singing and dancing. Perhaps he'll sing the new OP or ED or something... But what with Masayoshi being canonically tone deaf and Sugita Tomokazu not being much of a singer, character songs are probably out.
Well, Sugita sings quite often, actually. I wouldn't remove the possibility of characters songs (not to mention that VAs like Haruka Tomatsu, Chie Nakamura, Juurota Kosugi and Tohru Okawa are good singers. Especially Kosugi and Nakamura).

For associations with characters, Sugita's best roles for me: Joseph Joestar (JoJo) and Shin (Hokuto Musou), Gintoki and Chamber (Gargantia). Chie Nakamura - Sophitia from Soul Calibur series. Haruka Tomatsu... Well, probably Asuna from SAO. And also Seven from Tsukihime, but she was voiced only once). Jurota Kosugi - Oda Nobunaga from Sengoku Musou, Kishima Kouma from Melty Blood and Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (OVA). Tohru Okawa - Spirit from Soul Eater.
Anyway, the cast here is very good.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 07:17   Link #246
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I find it amusing that Masayoshi's voice is provided by a professional ikemen with his own aspiring idol past - he was even a model in his own photobook, and he can do all the things that Masayoshi apparently can't, ie. singing and dancing. Perhaps he'll sing the new OP or ED or something... But what with Masayoshi being canonically tone deaf and Sugita Tomokazu not being much of a singer, character songs are probably out.
If Hosoyan shows up as a new character in the second half then they could probably get Masuda and him to sing under their Max Boys unit (though I think Max Boys is disbanded? Can't hurt for a reunion I guess).

On an unrelated note, the credits for episode 1 was really amusing because it turns out Kaito Ishikawa, Natsuki Hanae and Ayumu Murase played the schoolboys Masayoshi confronted. That's quite the lineup of rising stars for a bunch of throwaways! Maybe there were other notables too but I could only recognise their names.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:47   Link #247
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Maybe there were other notables too but I could only recognise their names
There was Tomokazu Seki as Harakiri Sunshine
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 01:04   Link #248
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
The umbrella chase scene don't make any sense at all. By the time the passengers alight the train and exit the station, the train will be long gone.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 04:58   Link #249
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Aboa Qu
Send a message via Skype™ to ZabiLegacy
(what was running through my head the entire sequence where he is telling SF to stop or he'll have to hunt him)
Batman: You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. [In the voiceover, Gordon destroys the Bat-Signal, Alfred burns Rachel's letter, and Fox destroys the sonar device] Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded. [runs]
Gordon's Son: Batman? Batman! Why is he running, Dad?
Commissioner James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
Gordon's Son: He didn't do anything wrong.
Commissioner James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
__________________
For more from me, follow my writing at http://sekijitsu.com. To get easy accesses to our newest posts, please consider liking our brand spanking new Facebook Page.
ZabiLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 05:18   Link #250
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
who lurks besides the trash collecting spot to right the wrongdoers
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 05:26   Link #251
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Aboa Qu
Send a message via Skype™ to ZabiLegacy
He's the hero tokyo deserves
__________________
For more from me, follow my writing at http://sekijitsu.com. To get easy accesses to our newest posts, please consider liking our brand spanking new Facebook Page.
ZabiLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 04:03   Link #252
v1cious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Probably fake, but there's a rumor going around that Manglobe's on the verge of bankruptcy:

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19478.html

Anyone heard anything similar?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:33   Link #253
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
This show is so much fun to watch.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:34   Link #254
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 21
Jouji Kaname became one of the best characters in the show
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:44   Link #255
ustatsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
That was a bit strange. Everyone should be instantly able to tell, that Kaname’s build doesn’t match (not even close) with the guy in the footage.

And of course Goto likes it to pose as a hero, who wouldn’t?
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 14:01   Link #256
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
hahaha, so much fun indeed.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 14:24   Link #257
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 28
I feel sorry for that poor boy who Joji hugged. This show is so quirky that it's hard to dislike!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 14:46   Link #258
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 23
So much fun, I lost it when Goto making comment at last scene.
__________________
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:01   Link #259
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustatsu View Post
That was a bit strange. Everyone should be instantly able to tell, that Kaname’s build doesn’t match (not even close) with the guy in the footage.
Well, it's bad quality footage shot with a cellphone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 16:09   Link #260
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So much fun, I lost it when Goto making comment at last scene.
Me too, ended the episode perfectly.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.