AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-28, 04:00   Link #1201
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
I have no idea what happen and from the looks of things, neither did Masayoshi.
__________________

playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 09:49   Link #1202
RoboMambo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Is it me, or this felt more parodic than usual?

It killed me when Alien Flamenco reproduced a typical sunset by the river. And later, Hazama's reasoning "You are wrong, because if you weren't I'd do it, and I won't".
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 10:04   Link #1203
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
It killed me when Alien Flamenco reproduced a typical sunset by the river.
"People tend to be more honest on river embankments."

Having watched my share of anime with embankment scenes, this line made me laugh out loud.
__________________
SeijiSensei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 12:09   Link #1204
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunriseland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
Is it me, or this felt more parodic than usual?

It killed me when Alien Flamenco reproduced a typical sunset by the river. And later, Hazama's reasoning "You are wrong, because if you weren't I'd do it, and I won't".
Same here, also when he said, "You're still using it anyway?!"
__________________
"Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living." - Kirei Kotomine
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 14:09   Link #1205
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
So if I'm understanding Masayoshi's discussion with the "Universes Will" correctly, calling himself Samurai Flamenco, with "Flamenco" being a close enough equivalent to a universal charm, led to his wish of having his life become a real Tokusatsu series coming true. To grant this, the "Universes Will" spurred Alien Flamenco to Earth and that led to King Torture and From Beyond. So essentially, the "Universes Will" spurred everything to happen, but in the end, it all really happened. At least I think that's the gist of it .

If Alien Flamenco is meant to be a caricature of America, which is quite possible, that would certainly explain Mr. Justice and all that english. "Sit down. SIT DOWN" .

I though Samurai Flamenco's fight with Alien Flamenco was nice, and I certainly wasn't expecting Space Final Flamenco. We finally get to see the suit from the first opening, and it's basically Samurai Flamenco's Ultraman form. That Finisher at the end was also pretty cool, though I was expecting another Flamenco Kick

I just love Masayoshi's nonsensical justification for opposing Alien Flamenco, and how even Alien Flamenco didn't get it. That whole scene leading up to the main giant fight was actually pretty funny .

Though Joji trying to bust out of jail with a toy axe was also good for a chuckle .

While I'm glad that the Flamengers and the other heroes were released, a part of me can't help but think Lady Axe found someway to keep Sakura locked up and is keeping it from Joji .

Goto waiting for Masayoshi was very nice to see, though I don't think all those cigarettes are good for your health Goto-San .

It'l be very interesting to see how the show continues in the next four episodes now that all the Tokusatsu elements have been dealt with. Will Masayoshi retire as Samurai Flamenco with no evil to fight? I'm definitely intrigued to see how the cast develops in these last four episodes, and I hope we get some resolution with Goto's girlfriend as well .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 15:26   Link #1206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So if I'm understanding Masayoshi's discussion with the "Universes Will" correctly, calling himself Samurai Flamenco, with "Flamenco" being a close enough equivalent to a universal charm, led to his wish of having his life become a real Tokusatsu series coming true. To grant this, the "Universes Will" spurred Alien Flamenco to Earth and that led to King Torture and From Beyond. So essentially, the "Universes Will" spurred everything to happen, but in the end, it all really happened. At least I think that's the gist of it .
That, and Masayoshi's enthusiasm. The "passion of Flamenco", if you will.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 16:14   Link #1207
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
I wonder if Masayoshi's grandfather really knew this would happen or was just like "Damn. Did I cause this?"
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 16:39   Link #1208
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Well, the Flamenco part of the name, allegedly, came from his wife having been a Flamenco Dancer so I assume it's all just one big coincidence.

He didn't want Masayoshi to become Samurai Flamenco to fight off Toku villains, but to defeat evil and find the man who killed Masayoshi's parents.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:40   Link #1209
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, the Flamenco part of the name, allegedly, came from his wife having been a Flamenco Dancer so I assume it's all just one big coincidence.

He didn't want Masayoshi to become Samurai Flamenco to fight off Toku villains, but to defeat evil and find the man who killed Masayoshi's parents.
You know, that's a good point. I wonder if this plot point will get picked back up now?
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 19:31   Link #1210
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
so now the Toku dream has ended, it does leave things to a very interesting state. He will still be a hero, but now we are not sure what kind.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:31   Link #1211
hsmsful1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Age: 16
Oh good
now can we return to the main plot of finding his parents' killer?
Wait that wasn't the main plot , oh geez , I didn't come for this.
So I wonder what the few left episodes will be about because you can't bring us more monsters or can you? dan dan daaaaaaaan
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 03:48   Link #1212
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
So how many of you still believe there's a "Suzumiya Haruhi" behind all of this?
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 08:00   Link #1213
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You know, that's a good point. I wonder if this plot point will get picked back up now?
Looking back, that episode 7 is so crucial to the entire scheme of things. Is he a vigilante, or a symbol of justice? Was the decision he made in ep7 the final one or one that's the result of circumstances outside of his control? Has he fully allowed things to be forgotten or will he be consumed by vengeance once opportunity arises? He's not here to carry out the dirty job for his grandpa, and I hope that the story doesn't turn dark suddenly like that.

Then again, god might still be granting him the wishes even if no more monsters shall appear.

Edit:
Now I think about it, perhaps the reason why he wished for those enemies to occur is to atone for the "sin" that he wasn't able to have his revenge for his parents. The killer was a faceless being who he has no way of associating anything with other than a title, Hazama knows nothing about the way to obtain victory in this battle. Therefore he wished for enemies that he knew and familiar with since he was young, just because there were comforting. He knew how to deal with them, he knew how the story always goes for those type of enemies. It just seems like now maybe he has not yet moved on past that sudden dose of responsibility willed by his deceased grandfather.

Sometimes I just feel like even a fake dream ending like this tells you a lot about the character's psyche, simply because they are the ones who dreamed about it in the first place. They desire those sequence of events for a reason, and if anyone's going to analyse this show, episode 7 is going to be the most important one.

Luckily it seems like we have a good chance of seeing Goto's girlfriend on screen now that he has time to go out with her since the madness is over.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!

Last edited by jeroz; 2014-03-01 at 12:29.
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:23   Link #1214
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Daly City, CA
This is the most pointless, fucked up, what-in-the-universe anime I've seen and I've enjoyed it so much.

For me, this was the best quote of the episode
"The difference between stupidity and justice is paper-thin"

And that whole riverbank sequence was just too good.
__________________
Cyclone Magnum
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:22   Link #1215
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
I wonder if Kaname knew about this. I mean, he knew all those heroes. And what if Kaname is part of an alternate world?
__________________
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8pu97knJTTc/TtM4sphzKHI/AAAAAAAAAWU/95356qDiSV4/s320/1_l.jpg
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 18:40   Link #1216
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Nah, the alternative world is about Beyond Flamenco.
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:10   Link #1217
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
You know I couldn't help but laugh hard at the whole Alien Flamenco being an interface for billions of people. It immediately made me think of Twitch Plays Pokemon.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:30   Link #1218
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
So we finally, finally find out about Goto's girlfriend and it did not disappoint
Spoiler for For those who can't watch the episode and are dying to know:


Spoiler for rest of the episode thought:
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:30   Link #1219
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
A calm episode. This feels weird.

However, we finally learned the identity of Goto's girlfriend. Who many saw this coming?

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Yeah, I remember taking notes of that.
__________________
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8pu97knJTTc/TtM4sphzKHI/AAAAAAAAAWU/95356qDiSV4/s320/1_l.jpg
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:42   Link #1220
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 21
So self-mailing theory is confirmed. It's really saddening. I wonder when Goto will overcome it. Also, monsters, aliens and polititians in super-suits are in past. Now coming back to the real problems, namely - terrorism.
AntonKutovoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.