AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-09, 07:45   Link #61
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I imagine the relevant information will be revisited at the appropriate time. I wonder how long it will be before someone drops a critical spoiler and gets a moderator axe to the face.

[mod edit: removed vague speculation about future content changes]

The Goddess arc is a rather meaty one, I'm not sure how they'll cram it all into 13 episodes. It seems like 24 might be more suitable unless they really plan to cut corners.
Oh the irony.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 09:51   Link #62
backbone
Banned

Feels kinda sad upon hearing that this season only has 13 eps instead of split cour. Goddess arc is insanely long arc (60++ chaps in manga), 13 eps is simply not enough to cover it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the BD/DVD sales of this season will be bombed insanely hard just like previous seasons either
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 11:22   Link #63
n120cky

Well, this session is really a big jump of chapters..., to be honest we'll lose some character development here, but I hope they can do a fill in between...

Thought I can't complain with the adaptation, they did a great job . . ., I just woried about how they will rush and compress the arc into limited episodes...
Old 2013-07-09, 14:38   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Feels kinda sad upon hearing that this season only has 13 eps instead of split cour.
We actually don't know this. All we know is that this season has 12 episodes (not 13). If there will be a second half in the Winter, they may not announce until the end of episode 12.

(That doesn't mean it will be split-cour either... just that we don't know.)
Old 2013-07-09, 14:40   Link #65
Shinhwa
Banned

I seriously don't see how they are going to fit in all the stuff in 12 episodes...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 14:47   Link #66
Kintoun

Yeah, things look grim with just 13 episodes in production for what is sold as the whole Goddess arc, but looking at the bright side, I thought this first episode was great. I actually enjoyed the whole exposition cramped into this episode (though as that may sound) and it explored a good series of developments that can actually let us enjoy the arc in full throttle starting next episode; well, after Keima explains his conquest plan of course. In actually enjoyed this adaptation more than its manga equivalent, I think mainly due to the voice acting. I specially liked Keima's and Apollo's. They made their scenes livelier than I pictured originally when reading the manga.

I also think the inevitability of the attack on Kanon was pullef off really well. It actually hooked me, waiting to see the end of the episode, instead of wishing for the plot to go on. Great episode overall, IMO. I got more than I expected when I started watching.
Kintoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:21   Link #67
ookamigirl

Lots of reminiscing in the intro part.
Looks like Katsuragi has some new challenges to overcome.
It was pretty interesting to watch.
New story is good so far.
Will be skipping this one 'cause of the harem thing.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:27   Link #68
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

As much as it blows that a lot of content was skipped(and some good ones too), it truly is more of the same stuff we have seen the past two seasons, which will likely cause many viewers(probably mostly anime only viewers) to lose interest in the series. True, some of the skipped parts may be important for future events, but the quick version the anime did is sufficient enough for now. If they really wanted to, some additional OVA's to cover those parts as a part of the DVD/BD release would work.

Skipped content aside, I really do miss the VN style art works during the episode previews. =/
Old 2013-07-09, 15:40   Link #69
Solafighter
Hige

I have mixed feelings about the third season, but of course it is hell awsome.
The first epsiode kicks right into the arc. It's gonna be great, guaranteed.

As manga reader, it is disappointing, that Minami Ikoma's arc isn't animated. I hope they will make OVA's about the capturings between the 2nd and 3rd season.

I can understand, why they skip straight to the Goddesses arc. At some point, conquests were always nice to watch/read, though for the most part of the audience, it might become onesided. With the Goddess arc, they change Keima's mission and so it is something new.

Is it possible, that they have changed Chihiro's voice actress? Not sure, though.
Old 2013-07-09, 17:12   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've grown more and more tired of the formulatic conquest arc over the course of the series so I'm actually glad they skipped all that in order to get the seemingly much more interesting goddess arc. This episode was better than the entire second season, which was so forgettable I can barely remember it. Good to bring the old girls back too. That was my main complaint about the series: the girl pretty much disappearing once their arc was done.

Hopefully, Shiori will be one of those goddesses~
Old 2013-07-09, 18:12   Link #71
kitten320

WTF?! Why did they skip so many girl arcs?! Especially Yui's!
I could understand if those characters were irrelevant but they are not! So WHY?!

While episode was good, I can't stop raging about massive skip.

Yes it's repetitive but it didn't stop manga readers.

If they planned to skip then they should have skipped few characters in season 1 and 2 and include the ones they missed now that are actually relevant to future events.

It won't have same effects
Old 2013-07-09, 18:47   Link #72
SeventhNight

I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand I'm annoyed at how much from the manga is getting cut (particularly the Yui, Tsukio and Reiko arcs which were my three favorite upcoming ones from where the second season left off) and this might contribute to confusion to non-manga readers as the anime continues. On the other hand, this episode was pretty good all things considered, sure the skipping of roughly 70 manga chapters is pretty annoying but it was still good in its own right.

That being said I utterly love the new opening. I've always liked the other two openings but this one is easily my favorite by a large margin.
SeventhNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 18:57   Link #73
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhNight View Post
That being said I utterly love the new opening. I've always liked the other two openings but this one is easily my favorite by a large margin.
For some reason I spent a lot of time deciphering the opening. It is indeed quite good, and based on it the rest of the oratorio should be quite good as well. It took me a bit to find myself liking it though, as I was originally skeptical with the English and the language they used. I wasn't a big fan of the lyrics, but they do technically fit the subject.

The openings and endings in TWGOK have always been based on the perspective of the girls, and this one is no exception. If you give it a focused listen, it reflects the goddesses quite nicely.
Old 2013-07-09, 23:45   Link #74
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've grown more and more tired of the formulatic conquest arc over the course of the series.
This is going to be one of the most irritating myths I think that's going to be bandied around TGWOK discussions the whole season.

Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-10 at 02:35. Reason: Spoiler tags for manga comparison
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 00:43   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Wonderful first episode though I'm also miffed so much of these girls' stories were skipped to get to this. Yeah, I somewhat agree there is a formulaic approach to how these arcs came to be in the first two season, but the stories themselves do more than enough so there is no lingering effect of any particular template used to tell the stories of these girls.

It would be pretty weird if one of these girls whose stories were skipped have goddess inside of them and now one of the highlight of this arc. I'm guessing that probably wouldn't be the case for obvious reasons. Hopefully those skipped stories will come to be at a later time in OVA format.

Btw, one particular lyrics in the OP song cracked me up: "Feel your breeze, release yourself." Don't mind if I do.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:02   Link #76
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who read the manga for about 30 chapters before giving up as it was another "monster/conquest of the week", who then picked it up after Tenri was introduced, and then dropped it again after Tenri was out of focus... yep, I don't really care that previous conquests were skipped over, nor do I feel that I am lost despite them important conquests are only shown in flashbacks.

As for the show itself, I can't help myself laugh at Kami denying the marriage proposal by Diana. He himself has said that osananajimi is pretty much your future wife, so he's just delaying the inevitable. XD

And yes Kanon, feel the despair from seeing KamiXTenri together. He might be going the harem end, but you better keep in mind who is the 'first wife'. >:-)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:28   Link #77
Xero8420

^
Not so fast... Who knows if Kanon would merge as the winner. *Keima x Kanon flag raised in the end*

Anyway, I think it's understandable why they decided to make a giant leap straight to the goddess arc, as it's noticeable that they've skipped many girl routes by looking at those 'flashback' scene (though Tsukiyo's is the sweetest of all). xD

I understand why Manga-readers are upset of this, but they should know that it's really a waste of time to continue making 3-4 arcs per season once more.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-07-10 at 02:41.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:34   Link #78
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

ahh mixed feeling for this series, I'll try to sort them out.

after season 2 and all those rumors about it being the last season, I started to read about all the other arcs that won't get animated, including the goddess arc so I know somewhat who the goddesses are, how many there are and where they are, but i never read the manga so I'm saying all of these as an anime viewer only.

first, I wish I had a billion yen to throw at the series creators just so they could have the budget to animate all those arcs they skipped from season 2 up to the goddesses arc. When they showed those conquests that were skipped by just showing the girl and then saying one word about them (underclassman, ghost, ramen cook, shogi player etc.) it certainly carried with it the idea that those conquests were not important to keima's development, to the point that there is this notion that they were purposely skipped because they were "formulaic".

of course, as we've seen, manga readers vehemently denies this misconception. And as somebody who got into this series because of the "formulaic" story arcs of season 1 and 2, I am seriously saddened that I won't get to see these "twists" the manga readers are telling us about the other story arcs that didn't get animated.

While they did devote a few minutes to show what happened during the conquest of the more important (i assume) girls, (yui, tsukiyo, and the robot girl) it was far from enough and it didn't do those story arcs any justice. I know it was essential to lay down those arcs so that anime viewers are able to understand what's going on (or will go on) in the goddess arc, but still, I'm sad that those arcs got treated that way.

As to my second point, I am kind of glad that this season started with the goddess arc. It would seem that the decision to start at this point in the story is sound since I never got this excited about the storyline. I'm also quite sure that with this people who would say that the plot of this series is formulaic would not be able to say that about this season. Also, we will be able to see more of shiori so I'm happy

as for the series only getting 12 episodes, I do hope they don't butcher the story to make it fit, from the looks of it the goddess arc is long enough to fill 26 episodes. They already skipped arcs to get to here, please don't skip parts of this arc anymore.

TL;DR

I'm happy and sad at the same time that we got this third season. also, I kind of like kanon more now lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:49   Link #79
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm happy and sad at the same time that we got this third season. also, I kind of like kanon more now lol.
So do I, especially this arc. The moment between her and Keima was the best part. And everyone in the class goes "jaw-drop" on that confession.

It was like "Oh, crap!" at the confession scene, but then ends with a WHAM! when get stabbed by Lune at the end as Apollo tried to escape.

PS: You could use [tl;dr="..."][/tl;dr] for the next time.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-07-10 at 03:00.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 06:01   Link #80
n120cky

This episode remind me of Confession = Death-flag ....